TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

What are you talking about we are getting Sonic Mania which is the closest to the originals.

He is talking about Project Sonic - other game they showed.

Edited by Krulis

What are you talking about we are getting Sonic Mania which is the closest to the originals.

I'm referring to the main 25th anniversary game coming out next year, not Sonic Mania.

I'm referring to the main 25th anniversary game coming out next year, not Sonic Mania.

Ah, next time be more specific then.

Alright guys since there is only 12 packs left. I'm going to give my guesses. now this is not a wishlist just me thinking who will come in what packs!

Teen Titans Go level pack mostly likely comes with Robin

Teen Titans Go team pack is most likely Raven and Beast Boy

Beetlejuice is probably just a fun pack like ET

Knight Rider could be a level pack or a fun pack but its like The A-Team so i guess fun pack.

The Powerpuff Girls i guess is a level pack with Blossom.

Lego City Undercover was confirmed to be a fun pack with Chase Mccain which is sad because i wanted a level.

The Goonies was confirmed to be a level pack with Sloth

The Lego Batman Movie Story pack is a no brainer its going to come with The Lego Movie Batman.

I heard some stuff about getting another fun pack for Adventure Time which i believe might have The Ice King.

so that leaves about 4 packs not counting the rumored second adventure time fun pack. what could they be?

Wait, LEGO City's just getting a Fun Pack? Aw man... Kind of expected it, though.

Alright guys since there is only 12 packs left. I'm going to give my guesses. now this is not a wishlist just me thinking who will come in what packs!

Knight Rider could be a level pack or a fun pack but its like The A-Team so i guess fun pack.

Lego City Undercover was confirmed to be a fun pack with Chase Mccain which is sad because i wanted a level.

The Lego Batman Movie Story pack is a no brainer its going to come with The Lego Movie Batman.

I heard some stuff about getting another fun pack for Adventure Time which i believe might have The Ice King.

so that leaves about 4 packs not counting the rumored second adventure time fun pack. what could they be?

I hope Lego Batman Movie looks different than the Batman that everyone already gets from the starter pack, because it would be pointless to offer the same Batman figure with it.

Generally one of the things I find cool about LEGO Dimensions is how with the video game franchises they've included (Portal, Midway Arcade, and now Sonic), they've tried in some way to stay true to not only the motifs of those games, but also the EXPERIENCE of them. Midway Arcade is probably the most lackluster of the three, just plunking the Midway Arcade titles into a Dimensions game level as minigames, but the other two seem to do a much better job combining the normal LEGO gameplay style and LEGO Dimensions game mechanics with the gameplay experience of the franchises that inspired them.

If LEGO did ever do Minecraft packs, it'd be neat to see how they combine Minecraft gameplay with Dimensions gameplay. I was kind of unsure what the chances of that might be, since Minecraft is owned by Microsoft. Then again, unlike Nintendo franchises and characters, Minecraft and Minecraft: Story Mode are themselves multi-platform, so the possibility of them appearing on a multi-platform LEGO game is not so far-fetched. I sort of have to wonder "if they were going to do that, why haven't they done it already, with LEGO Minecraft being as big a hit as it is?" But maybe I might've answered my own question — it could be that Minecraft expansions require extra development time specifically to grapple with the question of how to combine Minecraft and LEGO Dimensions gameplay in a way that feels seamless and natural.

Something I'm curious about that hasn't been announced yet: will there be any Dimensions tie-in with the LEGO Ninjago Movie? If there is one, it would probably not be until Season 3 (Fall 2017 to Spring 2018), since the LEGO Ninjago Movie comes out in September of next year. So that would explain why we haven't heard anything about it. While all seven of the Ninjago main characters are already represented in LEGO Dimensions, the LEGO Ninjago Movie appears to be its own discrete universe, and I can't picture LEGO passing up on that promotional opportunity. And while LEGO Dimensions hasn't previously had two playable versions of the same characters, it's probably safe to assume that the LEGO Batman Movie version of Batman will be playable in the LEGO Batman Movie story pack, so that barrier will already be broken by the time Season 3 rolls around. If a LEGO Ninjago Movie story pack were released, I imagine that to cut down on redundancy, LEGO would do as they've done with the Ghostbuster Story Pack and make it so that one toy character allows you to play as the entire ninja team.

I hope Lego Batman Movie looks different than the Batman that everyone already gets from the starter pack, because it would be pointless to offer the same Batman figure with it.

He will be the movie version (all black, new yellow belt piece and most likely new faceprint).

Well, two of them are supposed to be Harry Potter and Ghostbusters packs. I'm guessing the other two may be Sonic The Hedgehog and LEGO Batman Movie fun packs (I doubt the Story Pack will be the only LEGO Batman Movie Dimensions pack).

Ha lol

Why would he look the same? Did you not play LEGO Dimensions where you clearly could see two different Batmen? xD

Lot's of new pictures! Also revealed that yes you can cast Aquamenti in the game! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: http://comicbook.com/2016/07/23/new-details-on-sonic-the-hedgehog-fantastic-beasts-and-more-lego/1

I'm so pumped up for Sonic now! Not only have they got stages from the classic games but also quite a few from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2! And speaking as a Sonic fan I'm really loving this development!

Yes good picture's from the packs! GREAT!

Newt and Tina look amazing! Defenitely picking them up! But... why is Newt's sign a dollar sign?

Niffler's have the ability to sniff out and dig up treasure and shiny things, so maybe it's supposed to be attributed to that?

Some awesome new gameplay!

Was about to post that. :grin:

E.T. is adorable, Gizmo uses bow, Stripe has a gun, Jake's transformations are awesome, LSP vomits rainbow :laugh:, Sonic's idle animation is hillarious and Finn can operate some kind of new switches. Also it's our first gameplay of Adventure Time level.

This comic-con has been amazing, and we haven't even seen the Dimensions panel yet! Wonder Woman and JL just blew me away, I'm hoping that the Dimensions panel blows me away.

Seriously, Sonic will break this game so much it's not even funny. He can jump as high as athletic characters, use airdash to skip entire puzzles, he can spindash across levels and down slopes to make adventure worlds less tedious, he follows his own physics which'll break level design in itself, he can homing attack, which'll boost the speed of offensive capabilities by a thousand fold and make combat/breaking things a lot more fun, and he can turn into super Sonic at some point, which'll give him who-knows-what powers that'll obviously be tied to rings/studs, giving them purpose during gameplay!

I know right? Not to mention that his combat is as fluid as a Ninjago character, he looks to have a double jump, and you might be able to combine the spin dash and the jump.

Not to mention that it will be really easy to get Super Sonic since you only need 50 studs :roflmao:

Also, I just noticed... His moveset is Sonic Battle and Super Smash Brothers...

Edited by gamejutzu