TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I'm sure we'll have marketing material with all of the packs in a list like that. We'll probably see it on the Story Pack boxes, too, which I imagine will be about the size of the starter pack's box.

We've already seen the Ghostbusters one and there isn't anything on it :cry_sad:

Also the guy that did the E3 demo (http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dimensions-e3-2016-roundup/) said that Green Arrow will be exclusive to Gaming events and E3 is just the first one. So glad to live in Canada :hmpf_bad:

I understand that everyone is very excited and happy about the new IP's we will be getting (as am I).

I hate to put a damper on the hype train, though, in regards to pack reveals.

Initially only the first wave was revealed at E3 with the exception of two or three packs from the second wave.

Almost every month or so, we would get the third, fourth, and fifth, revealed in unorganized spurts (i.e. Bane (Wave 5) being fully revealed alongside Sensei Wu (Wave 3).

So what we have fully revealed (and available for pre-order) so far is wave 1, or most of it, at least.

We may just find ourselves having to play the waiting game for some of our favorites, and I know that it will be tough for all of us. :grin:

Here's what I think about the 21-16=5 battle arenas that we don't know about:

• We know that year-2 characters come with golden bases, which are said to indicate that the characters come with franchise-specific battle arenas. This covers 16 battle arenas.
  • We know that Green Arrow + Supergirl also come with golden bases. They are DC Comics, so we know of 1 extra battle arena.
  • All year-1 characters don't have gold bases, so no new battle arenas for them specifically.
  • We have never ever heard once of any year-1 franchises getting a new packs in year 2.

So, what about the 4 missing battle arenas?

Well, maybe there are going to be two battle arenas for several year-2 franchises. Like one for a story pack and one for another pack of the same franchise.

Or there will be more "exclusives" of year-1 franchises, but NOT packs. But in that case, since there likely won't be goldbricks in battle arenas, I don't really care about getting those.

We may just find ourselves having to play the waiting game for some of our favorites, and I know that it will be tough for all of us. :grin:

As long as I'll learn all wave6-9 releases (and associated character/verhicle abilities) when wave 6 come out, I don't really care. :classic: I just want to know what packs I need to get 100% before I buy any of wave 6.

Is it Voldemort Day already? :wink:

(Those of us who have read Cursed Child spoilers will get it.)

Seriously, don't even mention anything about Cursed Child. People like me are doing everything they can to not know anything and I'm really peevy about even knowing this little thing... It can suggest a lot about it and has little to nothing to do with Dimensions except for being HP related. Seriously mate, just because you want to have it spoiled for yourself don't even thing about spoiling it for others.

• We know that year-2 characters come with golden bases, which are said to indicate that the characters come with franchise-specific battle arenas. This covers 16 battle arenas.
  • We know that Green Arrow + Supergirl also come with golden bases. They are DC Comics, so we know of 1 extra battle arena.
  • All year-1 characters don't have gold bases, so no new battle arenas for them specifically.
  • We have never ever heard once of any year-1 franchises getting a new packs in year 2.

Well, maybe there are going to be two battle arenas for several year-2 franchises. Like one for a story pack and one for another pack of the same franchise.

Or there will be more "exclusives" of year-1 franchises, but NOT packs. But in that case, since there likely won't be goldbricks in battle arenas, I don't really care about getting those.

As long as I'll learn all wave6-9 releases (and associated character/verhicle abilities) when wave 6 come out, I don't really care. :classic: I just want to know what packs I need to get 100% before I buy any of wave 6.

Could we not get new characters from franchises from year 1 and they would bring the battle arenas? I mean they still haven't released Dorothy yet...and there's a boatload of characters from DC, the rest of the Scooby gang, Ninjago villains and so much more!

Seriously, don't even mention anything about Cursed Child. People like me are doing everything they can to not know anything and I'm really peevy about even knowing this little thing... It can suggest a lot about it and has little to nothing to do with Dimensions except for being HP related. Seriously mate, just because you want to have it spoiled for yourself don't even thing about spoiling it for others.

Yeah same here! I don't wanna know what's gonna happen! LEGODalekbuster just don't mention anything from Cursed Child. Please. >_<

So is Supergirl gonna be too at events or just Green Arrow?

How does it spoil it for anyone? Those two words could mean anything. If I didn't want to be spoilered and had seen them, I wouldn't feel like I knew too much when reading the script book just because I saw two words that give nothing away other than something called 'Voldemort Day'.

How does it spoil it for anyone? Those two words could mean anything. If I didn't want to be spoilered and had seen them, I wouldn't feel like I knew too much when reading the script book just because I saw two words that give nothing away other than something called 'Voldemort Day'.

Those two words could mean anything, I create every thought that is possible and that is wrong. Those two words are too much.

Can someone who owns both tell me if the torso on Venkman in the dimensions pack matches the one in the Ecto-1 Ideas set or not? I know the arms have printing in the Dimensions pack but is the actual torso the same or not?

Can someone who owns both tell me if the torso on Venkman in the dimensions pack matches the one in the Ecto-1 Ideas set or not? I know the arms have printing in the Dimensions pack but is the actual torso the same or not?

I have both and yes the torso is identical.

Hmmm, so the Power Puff Girls are based on the new cartoon...

Yeah same here! I don't wanna know what's gonna happen! LEGODalekbuster just don't mention anything from Cursed Child. Please. >_<

So is Supergirl gonna be too at events or just Green Arrow?

As of now, it's just green arrow for gaming events. I think we'll see supergirl as a promotional item for some store.

As of now, it's just green arrow for gaming events. I think we'll see supergirl as a promotional item for some store.

Well I was wondering if Green Arrow is gonna show up at other gaming events such as SDCC and Gamescom...

Well I was wondering if Green Arrow is gonna show up at other gaming events such as SDCC and Gamescom...

Highly likely from what we know right now, yeah.

The only thing I'll miss from the PPG line is the voices in game. Otherwise, the actual minifigs will still look like the old cartoon ones, the new models are pretty similar.

What if the four remaining battle arenas are included in the connectibles, and since there are five of them, wouldn't two of them be from the same IP?

The torso is the same, but I think the Dimensions one has slightly higher quality printing.

Couldn't the "gaming events" for the Green Arrow one include ones held at stores, and not just single-location events?

The torso is the same, but I think the Dimensions one has slightly higher quality printing.

I've noticed that print quality can change based on how early you bought the set, as the quality fades alittle with later production runs. I have multiples of a number of sets and have noticed that the ones j bought when they first hit stores have better printing than ones I bought later.

Cyborg will have the ability to switch between his Justice League and Teen Titans Go versions in-game, similar to how you can play as the different Ghostbusters and Doctors.

Cyborg will have the ability to switch between his Justice League and Teen Titans Go versions in-game, similar to how you can play as the different Ghostbusters and Doctors.

Interesting! Will this be the first time that new functionality will be added to an already-released figure?

Wait, so if you can change between versions of Cyborg, will you need to have the TTG world unlocked to do that or will you be able to unlock the TTG world through Cyborg?

We've already seen the Ghostbusters one and there isn't anything on it :cry_sad:

Have we seen the WHOLE box? Like, the sides and everything? The starter pack had all this stuff on the top of the box.

If nothing else, I'm sure there'll be an update to the in-game list or some kind of list within the packaging of the boxes themselves.

I really hope that means that Cyborg unlocks the TTG world without having to buy any new figures, because I'm really not into the style of the TTG minifigs nor do I want to buy any TTG merchandise, but I don't want there to be a part of the game I cant play. This would be great because Cyborg is pretty much the only character I've bought whose entire pack is completely redundant to the game for me. I only bought it cause I like the character and it wa son sale. This would at least make it useful.

Oh, and long time lurker, first post. Howdy!

One other thing I wanted to drop in on; I kinda get the impression that the Connectables are gonna basically be the same thing as the Green Arrow and Supergirl polys -maybe not actually sold in polybags- but new minifigs that have the orange bases that open up new battle worlds for old licenses. If so, that would certainly explain the Strax rumored fig for a Doctor Who battle arena, and I would guess Dorothy (with the ability to switch between the rest of the gang) to add a little more Oz content, Itchy and/or Scratchy to open up the Springfield battle arena, maybe Scrappy to open up the Doo, and we might even get lucky enough to get a lord vortech that can open up a mashup Dimensions battle arena. Just a thought.

that would certainly explain the Strax rumored fig for a Doctor Who battle arena

He is 100% not coming. So lets put an end to that ! :classic: