TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Hmm... We already know set # 71256 was on that leaked list as "GR", and that Gremlins is in (I'll just toot my own horn and note I guessed this early on, though I also have to admit I was dubious about that really being it), and we see both Gizmo and Stripe in this picture, suggesting they're both playable characters (i.e., they'll get figures). I now strongly suspect 71256 is a Gremlins Team Pack with Gizmo and Stripe.

And I bet Gizmo's, er... gizmo... is the pink Barbie car - though of course it can't/won't use the Barbie branding. Poor Mattel, furnishing rides for two iconic characters - Gizmo and Marty McFly - but with its branding scrubbed off of both for their LEGO Dimensions appearances...

(Then again, the hoverboard was an imaginary Mattel product, created for the movie; Barbie's car is a real toy that got used in the other movie. I wonder whether that would keep them from using it at all, or if they'd just call it "doll car" or something similar and include it anyway without reference to Barbie or Mattel...)

I wonder what Stripe will get?

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Wow the first pic of Newt on that page really has captured Eddie Redmayne's face

Wow the first pic of Newt on that page really has captured Eddie Redmayne's face

That's what I was thinking too!

All the posts from young'uns in this thread who don't know what Gremlins or The Goonies or whatever are are making me feel old and withered.

You mean I'm the only, "young'un," salivating over the Gizmo and Stripe minifigures, along with E.T. and Sloth? :tongue:

Edited by Sir Gareth

I'm not feeling this trailer, non of Lego Original IP (new) appeared in the trailer. cross finger for Nexo Knights and Elves

Agreed! Rex Fury as a physical minifig... that would be cool!

I'm starting to feel more and more alienated from Lego Dimensions, because of the bombardment of licenses which I am not familiar with. I am not going to watch the A-team, Ghostbusters, Docter Who, the Goonies, etc. just to be able to appreciate and spend money on these sets! :wacko: These licences bring unique, specialized pieces and designs that could be useful, but TLG has many great original IPs that I'd rather see. How about BIONICLE: Mask of Light, the Movie, with (proper) figure versions of Takanuva and Makuta in a team pack?

If you are going to 'legoficate' so many half-mainstream stuff, why not do that for great original Lego IPs? :sceptic:

Part of it is just a matter of relevance, I think. Bionicle: Mask of Light was a good movie in its own right, but it came out in 2003, is not connected to the current iteration of Bionicle, and is not NEARLY as timeless as, say, E.T. or Back to the Future. It's the difference between properties which are widely beloved among many generations of people, and properties that are only really popular with a specific subset of current and former LEGO fans.

And let's not forget that LEGO Dimensions development involves more than just making a couple figures and brick-built vehicles. LEGO would have to create a whole adventure world, a battle arena, and possibly other game levels for any new IP they introduce. All the original LEGO IPs in LEGO Dimensions are ones that have previously been released as video games. I have a feeling that's for a reason: it makes it easier to generate the assets for levels and Adventure Worlds if they have a previous game's assets to draw from. But none of the Bionicle video games were all that successful, and none of their assets were scaled to minifigure characters anyway. So LEGO would basically creating the levels and Adventure World entirely from scratch. And if they're going to go to all that effort, they probably want it to be for a brand that will draw in as many NEW fans as possible.

The Lego Movie’s Wyldstyle shoots down Diagon Alley on a motorcycle almost knocking over Harley Quinn, Marty McFly and (eep!) Lord Voldemort.

I thought that was Diagon Alley!

Whilst it's nice to see the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch will be included in the game, I'm surprised it's the Battle Arena:

LD_Harry_Potter_Battle_Arena__2_.jpg?w=1100&q=85

I'd rather have seen the dueling table in the Great Hall from Chamber of Secrets as the Battle Arena:

403e2028d0640b9fca15f325a3bb7452.jpg

I thought that was Diagon Alley!

Whilst it's nice to see the Hogwarts Quidditch pitch will be included in the game, I'm surprised it's the Battle Arena:

LD_Harry_Potter_Battle_Arena__2_.jpg?w=1100&q=85

I'd rather have seen the dueling table in the Great Hall from Chamber of Secrets as the Battle Arena:

403e2028d0640b9fca15f325a3bb7452.jpg

Yeah that's what I was wondering. The Duelling Table would've been a more appropriate battle arena. Or maybe there will be more than one arena in the game?

dimensions is party using IDEAS as market research to see what to make packs for.

Which is cool.

That's the Flash! ;)

Nah, he's the fastest man alive. When he was a child he saw his mother killed by something impossible. His father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made him the impossible. To the outside world...

I for one think it will be another Adventure Time pack because in the description for the Finn Level pack it talks about him going on a mission to prove his worthy-ness to Princess Bubblegum. So it would make sense if we got her.

I'm thinking that PB will be the character you have to rescue in the Adventure Time level. (I can't remember, they do have those in the Level Pack levels, right?)

They can't ignore the current IPs in this wave, though. They have to introduce at least one new character for each IP for that world's Battle Arena!

They can't ignore the current IPs in this wave, though. They have to introduce at least one new character for each IP for that world's Battle Arena!

did they say the old worlds will get battle arenas at all? we don't need however many battle arenas.

And if they are, they wouldn't need anything physical for it to be added.

It looks like the Battle Arenas are going to be big spaces, and while the table makes sense in-universe, it would only really be big enough to move in one direction (or be wildly inaccurate). Heh, maybe they'll take a page out of Smash Bros book? No items, Fox only, Harry Potter Dueling Table :tongue:

If that's the case, fingers are crossed for Aragorn, Lord Business, Atlas/P-body, Tin Man, Strax, etc.

did they say the old worlds will get battle arenas at all? we don't need however many battle arenas.

And if they are, they wouldn't need anything physical for it to be added.

They stated that the orange bases come with arenas, and we're seeing new DC characters for certain in Green Arrow and Supergirl. There's no way they would make DC the one exception, and even so, I can't imagine them not making arenas for every property. That'd be like putting out an IP without an Adventure World, it would just be too incongruent and too disappointing to fans (and also makes a good excuse for Lego to make more products for the IPs they've already paid for).

If that's the case, fingers are crossed for Aragorn, Lord Business, Atlas/P-body, Tin Man, Strax, etc.

Or maybe a playable Cave Johnson! :grin:

I'd much rather see a traditional companion for the Doctor than Strax. Maybe that new girl they just announced a month or so ago?

Dorothy seems more likely than the Tin Man, given she IS the star of the movie.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. The Duelling Table would've been a more appropriate battle arena. Or maybe there will be more than one arena in the game?

I doubt it. It'll probably be one Battle Arena per Adventure World.

Strax would make for a hilarious Battle Arena trailer. I'd love to see that!

As for the other franchises, these are my predictions if they get Battle Arenas:

Back to the Future: Biff Tannen (whilst I doubt many want a Biff minifigure, I can't think of another character who would make sense as one to unlock a Battle Arena)

The Simpsons: Mr Burns

Scooby Doo: Fred

The LEGO Movie: Lord Vortech

Jurassic World: Claire Dearing

Ghostbusters: Zuul

The Wizard of Oz: The Cowardly Lion (it would be hilarious if a coward like the lion unlocked the Wizard of Oz Battle Arena!)

I don't know enough about the other franchises.

I just saw the trailer, and man, I'm the most excited for Adventure Time and Sonic (and I'm not even that much of a Sonic fan).

So far, I resisted LEGO Dimensions (as Portal was so far the only thing exclusive to it that really interested me), but I'm pondering to get the game now. There are so many more interesting franchises in now, and I'd like to see them interact with each other.

Nah, he's the fastest man alive. When he was a child he saw his mother killed by something impossible. His father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made him the impossible. To the outside world...

I'm thinking that PB will be the character you have to rescue in the Adventure Time level. (I can't remember, they do have those in the Level Pack levels, right?)

Yeah you can rescue characters in Level Pack levels.

Why are there so many 80's franchises like no offence guys and gals but this a kids game(not that should stop playing just that we're not the target demographic) and I don't think that there all that relevant to modern children.

I wonder what the Powerpuff Girls will look like in LEGO. Haven't seen any pictures. After seeing Sonic, I almost wouldn't be surprised at this point to see Mario in LEGO Dimensions in the future. (although I think there may be some licensing issues there)

Edited by fatsomania

Why are there so many 80's franchises like no offence guys and gals but this a kids game(not that should stop playing just that we're not the target demographic) and I don't think that there all that relevant to modern children.

It's a win-win situation for Lego and the franchises, Lego get a lot of sales from fans of the franchise, whatever the age, and the franchises get larger awareness throughout the new generation due to kids being exposed to these franchises.