TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

From recent leak:

1. Ghostbusters: I just don't like the look of the GB reboot so this doesn't appeal to me in terms of the theme. The parts however do intrigue me so I'm torn.
  2. Adventure Time: I may get this at some point for completion sake. Even the parts don't interest me.
  3. Harry Potter: Other then I think the car looks weird, this is Harry Potter. The figs and the train ook amazing. This will be a must buy and I hope they do more.
  4. Mission Impossible: Love the look of this despite not really remembering the 1st movie that much. I hope the motorcycle can have a fig otherwise I may have to mod it.
  5. A-Team: This is a must buy. The man, the myth, the legend, Mr. T. If you don't buy this there is something wrong with you.

From recent leak:

1. Ghostbusters: I just don't like the look of the GB reboot so this doesn't appeal to me in terms of the theme. The parts however do intrigue me so I'm torn.

Same here.... they are trying too hard with this GB reboot

Wow, so these story packs are cool! Adding a new build for the portal is really clever, and I hope we get at least one more of these announced! I can't imagine how much that'll cost, though...

Adventure Time looks fantastic, but I'm really confused by the team pack being Jake and LSP, as opposed to Princess Bubblegum or Marceline, who would've made much more fitting playable characters. I love all the builds though, and I'm glad that they pulled right from the show instead of doing something stupid like Superman's rocket thingy.

Harry Potter is gonna be fun, but I am begging them to get Ron and Hermione in there, too. Ron could even use the drone ability with his rat!

Mission Impossible seems like a strange one to include, but the minifig parts will be nice if nothing else!

Mr. T. Just...Mr. T. Thank you, Lego Jesus, for this incredible gift.

I can't wait to see what else they show off tomorrow. Sonic, Teen Titans, Powerpuff Girls, any of it. Bring it on.

I have bought only level packs so far, except Simpsons Fun Pack. I think the fun packs and team packs don't bring enough content to the game itself. Ghostbusters Story Pack is a must have for me and so is the Mission Impossible Level Pack (although that car looks bland). Harry Potter as a theme is interesting, but I would have preferred HP Level Pack - probably not going to happen, because the main character is in the team pack? Not familiar with Adventure Time or A-team.

Edited by temes

I think it's safe to assume that the remaining Adventure Time pack will be a fun pack, and the Harry Potter one being either a fun pack or a level, meaning each one is only getting one more character. My bets are on Marceline and Ron, though I can't imagine them making the Harry Potter level one without Harry as our main character.

Alright, I've let it sink in for a few minutes, and now something's really bugging me: why are Harry and Voldemort a team? No other hero in this game is teamed up with their villain? Why is Harry "My Supporting Cast Is Infinitely More Interesting Than I Am" Potter teamed up with his villain???

Oh, and what's all this about Battle Arenas in the pack descriptions?

What irks me the most about so many of these packs is that they borrow from failed Ideas campaigns quite blatantly. Noticeably the Adventure Time packs- the minifigures looks just like the ones from Jazlecraz's project.

What irks me the most about so many of these packs is that they borrow from failed Ideas campaigns quite blatantly. Noticeably the Adventure Time packs- the minifigures looks just like the ones from Jazlecraz's project.

I don't exactly see that as a problem. I mean, people clearly wanted those characters, and it's not like the original creators would get anything out of it had their project been approved. Besides, there aren't a whole lot of ways to make Finn and Jake look good in Lego.

plus, isn't there a rule for lego ideas that submissions can't require new molds?

though, now with dimensions they can skirt around that like they did with dr. who, use dimensions to get a new mold made.

I don't exactly see that as a problem. I mean, people clearly wanted those characters, and it's not like the original creators would get anything out of it had their project been approved. Besides, there aren't a whole lot of ways to make Finn and Jake look good in Lego.

They get a share in the sales with every Lego Ideas set that gets sold based on their idea

In love with Mr. T and Adventure Time.

BMO his arms are made of blueish green sausages. Did we already have these in that color yet? Let's make date expired hot dogs. The Jakemobil is also a great build. Plus very reusable jake face print.

The A-team van is also top notch. Plus Mr. T! He could be a bit better i think. I miss his feathers and his earrings, and his golden bracelets.

Shouldn't the Ghostbusters Story Level be released a long side with the movie? Like I really want this movie to do super well but let's just say if it doesn't who is going to want to buy this to play through the movie?

cool, the HP pack at least looks like they have new faces for Harry and Voldy.

Only change is Voldemort doesn't have the slits for his nose anymore.

I just noticed there are not in-house themes in this wave

Is too soon for Nexo Knights?

What are the chances of seeing more old themes revived for this, like Harry Potter?

Like Monster Fighters or such?

The A-Team?! Mr. T? Awesome! First Dimensions figure I absolutely want. And then I can finally pick up an old, abandoned little project again.

Wonder if we might see Hannibal, Murdock and Face, too.

Oh yeah, KR = Knight Rider then. Looking forward to that one, too!

Edited by General Magma

The original posted image has disappeared from CMS's post so I thought I'd repost it:

CkewS6LW0AAbRG6_zpsebyfwvg8.jpg

Really weird that we get to play the complete movie. Why not make it a separate game?

Can't see the Harry Potter picture either on said post:

91WVH2iKkXL._SL1500_.jpgWow, this is stupid. Why does Adventure Time get a level pack with presumably its main character and not Harry Potter? :angry:

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

HARRY POTTER! Oh I love them all! Harry Potter the most though, glad they used the old prints! They're amazing and anyone who says it's not is crazy. Still hoping for more Harry Potter packs! Can't wait for Fantastic Beasts! Bring it on with the next ones! :excited::moar:

Wow, this is stupid. Why does Adventure Time get a level pack with presumably its main character and not Harry Potter? :angry:

Two games were made outlining the entirety of the Harry Potter film franchise. That's probably why there's no level pack. :wink:

Two games were made outlining the entirety of the Harry Potter film franchise. That's probably why there's no level pack. :wink:

So there is chance for Fantastic Beasts to have a level pack right?

I'm assuming the HP level pack is probably Fantastic Beasts? I mean, that'd make more sense if Harry's in a team pack.

They didn't have the voices from the films though.

I don't begrudge Adventure Time getting a level pack (it's great for fans of that show) but I just wish Harry Potter was getting the same treatment. I'd like to see how Traveller's Tales would approach a Harry Potter level now compared to when the last game came out.