TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I, for one, actually hope it is The A-Team.

I've started watching them recently and I like them. Murdoch is basically me.

Powerpuff Girls? Sure, why not? As long as it is based on the original series and not the crappy reboot one we have now.

Edited by Ordinareo

I love the Powerpuff Girls so much, but much like Sonic, I don't like the idea of them being minifigures. They just don't quite...mesh.

I have been told that the new Gamestop advertising kit for the US will have new advertising of some sort for Dimensions. It should be up in the next week. Unfortunately, I have no idea if it features anything new or is just new advertising for the existing sets.

I really, really hope neither of those (nor any other pack for this game) winds up being really rare (such as limited in availability to a single event at a single location, and then the aftermarket)...

I just don't get what Adventure Time is supposed to be. Sometimes it looks like an adult cartoon, others for kids.

Yeah, it's kind of like Doctor Who that way. Honestly, I think you'd like it, though it might take more than a couple episodes to pull you in (then again, episodes are only about 11 or 12 minutes long, so watching several doesn't require a huge time commitment). At any rate, from what I can tell, there's a fairly significant amount of overlap between the two fandoms. Since you're such a huge Whovian, you might want to give this show a try as well.

I've seen bits and pieces of Adventure Time and I just don't find it funny...

Well, it's not supposed to be straight comedy - it's partly outright drama, believe it or not, as well as fantasy-adventure. But it is also largely comedic. If the humor just doesn't work for you, then... oh well. Personally I like if a lot more than The Flintstones, say, but then everyone's different.

I haven't heard about PPG or Goonies.

This is the first I've heard about either as well, but both make a lot of sense. I specifically speculated about The Goonies being a likely candidate for inclusion back last year, before even the first wave was released. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these properties make it in.

Someone on Reddit is claiming that these are the properties that will be shown off at E3-

Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts, A-Team, Goonies, Teen Titans Go and Powerpuff Girls.

I give a huge sigh to A-Team. I just feel like it really wouldn't add much to the game especially vs Adventure Time in terms of the powers you can give the characters, the literal figures and builds, and the in game stages and World.

Part of me thinks it's cool because hey, Goonies and PPG, I'd take that, but on the other hand...

Edit: Though I guess it's entirely possible we'd get both?

Well, we know LEGO is officially doing Adventure Time, anyway, even if we don't know for sure about it being in the game. But it also makes sense for inclusion in the game in multiple ways; it's also frankly much more likely a property to resonate with the target audience for the game than The A-Team. But yeah, I could actually see both in there...

I really, really hope neither of those (nor any other pack for this game) winds up being really rare (such as limited in availability to a single event at a single location, and then the aftermarket)...

Yeah, it's kind of like Doctor Who that way. Honestly, I think you'd like it, though it might take more than a couple episodes to pull you in (then again, episodes are only about 11 or 12 minutes long, so watching several doesn't require a huge time commitment). At any rate, from what I can tell, there's a fairly significant amount of overlap between the two fandoms. Since you're such a huge Whovian, you might want to give this show a try as well.

I actually quite liked Adventure Time and was admittedly a fan of the show but it kind of got a bit stale for me after a while at round about Season 5 or something like that. Whatever the case I just lost interest in it, it's great that Lego are making sets for this show and honestly the more the merrier I say in terms of franchises for Lego Dimensions I mean if they are able to get Portal, Doctor Who, Scooby Doo, Ghostbusters and the Wizard of Oz in there who knows what they could do with Adventure Time anyway.

I thought someone confidently said we were getting adventure time??? Now it's the A-team?

Don't think anybody said it was A-Team. I wouldn't believe this Reddit guy. But I'm hearing less and less about Adventure Time and more about A-Team. I'm still sure it's Adventure Time thoughhhhh..

But why would they be labeled AT 1, 2 and 3 if they weren't all the same franchise?

Yeah, that makes no sense why they would have two same initial franchises. Don't understand how anyone could know what's coming for dimensions right now, it just looks like a lot of speculation going on.

Yeah, that makes no sense why they would have two same initial franchises. Don't understand how anyone could know what's coming for dimensions right now, it just looks like a lot of speculation going on.

It's easy to see why you might think that, but E3 is only a couple weeks away, so it's not inconceivable that some people might know something. :wink:

I'm so confused now... What's happening...

From what I can tell, there's a video game based on some sort of interlocking brick system, and various third-party intellectual properties may or may not be involved.

I heard from my super-secret source that two of the new franchises are "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" and "Biker Mice From Mars".

I believe him, yo.

From what I can tell, there's a video game based on some sort of interlocking brick system, and various third-party intellectual properties may or may not be involved.

Ohhhhhh Wait... I thought it was a very sophisticated interlocking brick system? LOL Anyways I guess we'll just have to wait and see.. Or J2G or someone who knows something can put an end to the confusion

if the idea of both adventure time AND a-team getting in is what's happening, that would explain why there's separate listings for "AT" and "Mr T"

Edited by eliktroniq

Ohhhhhh Wait... I thought it was a very sophisticated interlocking brick system? LOL Anyways I guess we'll just have to wait and see.. Or J2G or someone who knows something can put an end to the confusion

Nah nah nah, J2G probably knows about this stuff, but just can't say nothing

I thought it was both...?

I'm inclined to take this as a message of "Guys, it's both, yo."

Having multiple franchises under the intitials AT would make sense why they are numbered. AT 1 is Adventure Time, AT 2 is A-Team, AT three is Attack of the killer Tomatoes. Simple.

But why would they be labeled AT 1, 2 and 3 if they weren't all the same franchise?

Yeah, that makes no sense why they would have two same initial franchises.

AmazingBricks and Actor Builder have the same initials. If one was required to abbreviate both of them and put them on a list, one might choose to label them AB 1 and AB 2 by date, respectively, or AB 2 and AB 1 by awesomeness, respectively.

Edited by Actor Builder

If you notice, the advertisement inside the Green Arrow pack is for a European promotion for the game (I think it uses the PEGI system for ratings or whatever it's called?) I assumed it was an E3 thing, but E3 isn't in EU, so maybe it's not exclusive?

What if it's for Gamescom?

Weird how the Green Arrow is limited edition and Supergirl is exclusive…

I feel Supergrl's E3 while Green Arrow is part of a deal at GameStop/Game. Thoughts?

While i can imagine an Adventure Time hubworld... i REALLY can't do the same for A-Team...I mean, what's gonna be in there? Missions where you're supposed to shoot at baddies and purposely miss them? Cruise around in a black/red van all day? What would the decor for the world even look like? There's nothing that iconic in the actual show since locations keep varying from episode to episode.