TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

On 3-2-2018 at 10:45 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

FWIW, of the four Team Packs from Year One, those are the two I still see most widely available at lots of stores. If you're interested in getting them, I think you shouldn't have too much trouble right now, though I don't think that'll be the case much longer  

Overhere in the Netherlands it isnt the case sadly. We mostly drown in Gollums, Gimli’s, Chima beasts and The Lego Movie figs. 

When Scooby Doo (dimensions) was around i didn’t have the game yet, but i already had a lot of the scooby doo sets (from the scooby line) so i didn’t bother Buying it. 

On February 4, 2018 at 11:22 PM, BlueberryWaffles said:

I've been waiting for some big sales to hit and consistently. The game honestly just isn't fun for me any more. It's glitchy, and at this point all the game is for me is running around grabbing collectibles. Don't really have the motivation to finish even the Story Packs. I'll still get some of the packs for the exclusive minifigs and the cute builds, but my interest now is 100% in the physical Lego.

Also, the TTG episode was pretty cute and well done in my opinion.

Ugh, sorry to hear it. What platform are you playing on?

On February 5, 2018 at 2:12 AM, Borex said:

Overhere in the Netherlands it isnt the case sadly. We mostly drown in Gollums, Gimli’s, Chima beasts and The Lego Movie figs. 

When Scooby Doo (dimensions) was around i didn’t have the game yet, but i already had a lot of the scooby doo sets (from the scooby line) so i didn’t bother Buying it. 

Sorry to hear that, too. I didn't realize what country you were in when I posted, and I don't know what pack availability is like in other countries (or even in other parts of the US, for that matter). I hope you can still snag the Scooby Team. I'm in the opposite boat from you - I have the Scooby-Doo Team Pack for LEGO Dimensions, but none of the other, "regular" sets for Scooby-Doo, and now they're tough to find, alas.

Of the four Team Packs from Year One, the Jurassic World one is the most plentiful in the areas I've been able to shop in, then the Scooby-Doo! one, then the DC one - that one's pretty rare around here, now, but not quite impossible to find yet - and then finally the Ninjago one, which I haven't seen anywhere in quite a while. Online searching revealed there's at least one copy at a GameStop a bit more than an hour's drive away from me; fortunately it appears they'll ship it to a GameStop closer to me, where I can pick it up.

Also, while (hopefully) taking care of that Ninjago Team Pack today, I also finally acquired the Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Fun Pack and the Gremlins Team Pack. This brings the number of character figures I have - not counting ones I'm waiting on, just ones I now have in hand - to 38, just over half of the total 75. I'm getting there!

6 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Wii U. Makes sense, I've heard reports of problems on all systems but I think the Wii U struggles the most out of all the platforms.

8 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Wii U. Makes sense, I've heard reports of problems on all systems but I think the Wii U struggles the most out of all the platforms.

I have certainly gotten that impression. I think that unfortunately, the Wii U just doesn't handle more than the Starter Pack and a handful of additional levels, Adventure Worlds and Battle Arenas very well.

My guess (with the caveat that I haven't played the Wii U and don't personally have any knowledge of its limitations) is that Wii U players are fine with the Starter Pack and packs for a few additional franchises beyond DC, The LEGO Movie, and The Lord of the Rings (and can go to town getting all the characters they want for that small handful of themes), but any time they add anything that actually adds to the total game environment to run around in, it tends to cause a few more problems, and the issues multiply rapidly as one adds more and more new worlds.

Apparently (again, this is me guessing based on what I've read, but I admit I'm the farthest thing from an expert), Wii U players should just pick whatever handful of themes they like most, and then use packs for only those themes. I think that's probably what most average gamers do anyway, but of course some of us would like to get everything (both for gameplay and for the physical LEGO) and 100% the game, and unfortunately the Wii U is just not a good system to do that on.

:sad:

BTW, I know the first packs were released over two years ago now (and in fact, it's now nearly three years since we got our first look at them), but incredibly, I don't think anyone has mentioned yet (not in this thread, anyway) that in the box artwork for the Benny Fun Pack, the Classic Space emblem on his chest is backwards (!). Presumably the actual original art is right, and just got flipped for the packaging and no one in the marketing graphics department caught the error that flip introduced.

I think the fact he's floating upside-down kept people from noticing it right away, but I can't believe no one noticed it for over two years...

On 6-2-2018 at 9:52 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

Sorry to hear that, too. I didn't realize what country you were in when I posted, and I don't know what pack availability is like in other countries (or even in other parts of the US, for that matter). I hope you can still snag the Scooby Team. I'm in the opposite boat from you - I have the Scooby-Doo Team Pack for LEGO Dimensions, but none of the other, "regular" sets for Scooby-Doo, and now they're tough to find, alas.

Of the four Team Packs from Year One, the Jurassic World one is the most plentiful in the areas I've been able to shop in, then the Scooby-Doo! one, then the DC one - that one's pretty rare around here, now, but not quite impossible to find yet - and then finally the Ninjago one, which I haven't seen anywhere in quite a while. Online searching revealed there's at least one copy at a GameStop a bit more than an hour's drive away from me; fortunately it appears they'll ship it to a GameStop closer to me, where I can pick it up.

Also, while (hopefully) taking care of that Ninjago Team Pack today, I also finally acquired the Ghostbusters Stay-Puft Fun Pack and the Gremlins Team Pack. This brings the number of character figures I have - not counting ones I'm waiting on, just ones I now have in hand - to 38, just over half of the total 75. I'm getting there!

Which sets are you still looking for?

And by the way, i play on the Wii U. I had to buy extra memory for the game because it is so huge (and also a bit slow), but i play almost every world now.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Which sets are you still looking for?

I don't have any of the "regular" Scooby-Doo! sets. I'd like to have them, but unfortunately my limited funds just don't cover everything I'd like, and they're lower priorities than sets from many other themes (as well as various non-LEGO concerns).

1 hour ago, Borex said:

And by the way, i play on the Wii U. I had to buy extra memory for the game because it is so huge (and also a bit slow), but i play almost every world now.

Good to know! Perhaps there are tricks and tweaks one can do to minimize glitchiness and maximize performance.

15 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I don't have any of the "regular" Scooby-Doo! sets. I'd like to have them, but unfortunately my limited funds just don't cover everything I'd like, and they're lower priorities than sets from many other themes (as well as various non-LEGO concerns).

Good to know! Perhaps there are tricks and tweaks one can do to minimize glitchiness and maximize performance.

I thought glitchiness belong to Lego games lol. 

I mean all the games i played had glitches. I got used to them :-)

(scooby doo sets are also very rare here)

Edited by Borex

The Green Arrow promo arrived today. Huzzah! "Just" 28 packs to go, now, including the Supergirl promo and a Starter Pack (counting them as two packs, though of course I hope/plan to get them together in one purchase).

PS3 and PS4 both got updates to fix critical bugs.  

It fixed the Mystery Dimension bug for me on the PS3, so I can now enter it! hurray.  Also I played a whole brand new level pack without a single crash or need to restart.  First time ever.  So if you have had glitches and bugs before, try the game again after the latest patch.  I believe it's 1.22 on PS3 and 1.23 / 1.24 on PS4 depending on location (NA vs Europe)

5 hours ago, kasmca said:

PS3 and PS4 both got updates to fix critical bugs.  

It fixed the Mystery Dimension bug for me on the PS3, so I can now enter it! hurray.  Also I played a whole brand new level pack without a single crash or need to restart.  First time ever.  So if you have had glitches and bugs before, try the game again after the latest patch.  I believe it's 1.22 on PS3 and 1.23 / 1.24 on PS4 depending on location (NA vs Europe)

Cool! Does anyone know whether or not the Wii U version's bugs have been fixed?

I recently got a used but complete Starter Pack for $20.  I've also found some of the Fun Packs for only $1.99 at the 99 Cents store.  I've seen Unikitty, Nya, Sensei Wu, Slimer, Doc Brown, E.T., Chase McCain, and the Powerpuff Girls Team Pack.  And now I can finally use the Lego Batman Movie Story Pack I bought last Black Friday for $14.99.  Having enjoyed playing the game so far, I find it very unfortunate that Year 3 was scrapped.

At long last, after amassing dozens of add-on packs, I've finally acquired the actual game itself - a PS4 Starter Pack, complete with Supergirl promo. I also have picked up a few other packs recently, and now have all the Year One stuff except the Sensei Wu and Lloyd Fun Packs (well, those and the Starters for the other four platforms :tongue: ), plus the Supergirl and Green Arrow promos, the Mission: Impossible Level Pack, the Gremlins Team Pack, and the LEGO City Undercover and The LEGO Batman Movie Fun Packs. Now I just need 21 more packs (and a PS4)...

On February 15, 2018 at 4:28 PM, Hulk_Smash said:

Well I don't have all of the packs, but my install was about 70ish gig

Thanks for the info! I guess this game is a space hog both on the hard drive and on the shelf.

I picked up a few more packs the other day, including my first Story Pack (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them). I now have all but fifteen packs (2 Story, 2 Level, 3 Team, and 8 Fun), and have nearly completed a set of all of Year One - the Lloyd Fun Pack is the only one I still need from the first year. I'm kind of amazed by it, but I think I'm actually going to get a complete collection of this particular LEGO theme (not counting all the different platforms' versions of the Starter Pack, just at least one of each figure and build).

On my PS3, I have downloaded all the addon packs and updated to the latest version 1.22 and my install is only 18GB total.

No idea regarding a Wii U update. But I've continued to gather packs, and now lack only seven - the The LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack, the Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack, the Harry Potter Team Pack, the Teen Titans GO! Team and Fun Packs, and the Beetlejuice and Knight Rider Fun Packs. So close!

I'm also seeing these discounted and clearanced across the board at Target, Walmart, etc. It looks like now's the time to finish getting whatever packs one wants but doesn't have yet. Good luck, all!

Added two more packs today, the Fun Packs for Knight Rider and Teen Titans GO!. Just five more packs to go, with eight more characters. I think I'm going to make it. Strange to think now that just a few months ago I was thinking of getting "just" some of the packs that most interest me, but here I am now with nearly everything.

I have very mixed feelings about all the sales and clearances - on the one hand, they obviously reflect that the game hasn't performed to Warner and LEGO's expectations, and is being (indeed, has been) ended before its time, but at the same time, I can't help but be glad that it's been so easy to get nearly all the packs for so much below their original MSRPs. I've gotten well over fifty packs for this game, and nearly all of them have been somewhere around half price, or lower than that, sometimes much lower. I could never have come close to getting so many of them if I'd had to pay full price (or anything close to it) for everything.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I just yesterday picked up the Story Pack for The LEGO Batman Movie, and today got the Fun Pack for Beetlejuice (one day after the movie's 30th anniversary!). Just three more to go, now (Harry Potter and Teen Titans GO! Team Packs, Sonic the Hedgehog Level Pack). I can't believe I'm so close to an essentially complete collection of this theme, but here we are.

And finally, I have everything! Well, except for the Starter Packs for PS3, WiiU, XBox360, and XBoxOne. But it turns out I can get those too, if I want - Target is now selling the Starters absurdly cheaply, around $15 to $18 each, depending on platform (!). At that price, it's worth it just for LEGO parts alone, never mind the game. I think I'll get at least one more.

4 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

And finally, I have everything! Well, except for the Starter Packs for PS3, WiiU, XBox360, and XBoxOne. But it turns out I can get those too, if I want - Target is now selling the Starters absurdly cheaply, around $15 to $18 each, depending on platform (!). At that price, it's worth it just for LEGO parts alone, never mind the game. I think I'll get at least one more.

Well done!  It's been a long road, hasn't it?  I commend you on your completionism with this theme.  There are still a few I'd like to get, I just have to take the opportunity to look around for them.

56 minutes ago, x105Black said:

Well done!  It's been a long road, hasn't it?  I commend you on your completionism with this theme.  There are still a few I'd like to get, I just have to take the opportunity to look around for them.

Thanks! Now, I just need a console to play it on. :blush::laugh:

Good luck getting the ones you want (and I recommend you don't wait too long; from where I stand, it looks like we're near the end of the game's and packs' window of availability).