TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I think the only way to find out whether or not LEGO Dimensions is ending after Year 2 is to wait until Wave 9 is released on September 12th.

Let's just give the LEGO Dimensions team some time.

During just2good's livestream for reaching 200k subscribers (congrats btw) he said they were supposed to do Godzilla sets for dimensions which stinks because Godzilla sets would have been amazing 

That news on the Godzella set makes sense as he was in The LEGO Batman movie with other licensed Dimensions villains like the Wicked Witch, Stripe (Gremlins), Lord Voldemort, etc.   Also in The LEGO Batman movie was Jaws, King Kong & I think Agent Smith?  I wonder if the latter three were also meant to be in Year 3 LEGO Dimensions?  Any thoughts?

8 hours ago, SFmuscle73 said:

That news on the Godzella set makes sense as he was in The LEGO Batman movie with other licensed Dimensions villains like the Wicked Witch, Stripe (Gremlins), Lord Voldemort, etc.   Also in The LEGO Batman movie was Jaws, King Kong & I think Agent Smith?  I wonder if the latter three were also meant to be in Year 3 LEGO Dimensions?  Any thoughts?

Jaws would be too dark for LEGO, surely?

Somewhere down in this thread was stated which ip's were considered as well. 

I believe they were also making James Bond

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, SFmuscle73 said:

@SFmuscle73 I think it was actually the Kraken from Clash of the Titans, not Godzilla.

On 22/08/2017 at 2:51 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Jaws would be too dark for LEGO, surely?

Beetlejuice is a 15 and Gremlins has people being killed every other minute and some really sick stuff. Jaws is a PG, so probs not too dark :)

47 minutes ago, kungfulegolover said:

I can't believe the Lord Vortech Fun Pack for Wave 10 was cancelled. Not only that, but the entire Wave 10 got cancelled.

where did you find this information?

Just picked up the LEGO City Fun Pack. I gotta say, I wasn't expecting much from it, but I LOVE flying around as a plain ol' LEGO City astronaut! Chase McCain might turn out to be my go-to flyer!

So after wave 9 launches next week (sep 12th for US I think) how long do you reckon it will be before lego or tt games make an official announcement?

7 hours ago, Fadervader said:

So after wave 9 launches next week (sep 12th for US I think) how long do you reckon it will be before lego or tt games make an official announcement?

I'm going to make the claim that they won't announce that its ending. They'll just let it fade into obscurity in order to avoid retailers from discounting them heavily (like they've been doing with Disney Infinity).

Just now, Penkid11 said:

I'm going to make the claim that they won't announce that its ending. They'll just let it fade into obscurity in order to avoid retailers from discounting them heavily (like they've been doing with Disney Infinity).

By not talking about future waves or promoting anything beyond September, Lego has basically already made their announcement. Retailers are already planning what they'll be buying in 2018, and Dimensions isn't on that list.

Even if Lego had every intention of continuing to support Dimensions, retailers are already slashing the prices of the starter kit, because no one's buying the inventory that's already on store shelves.

Between now and the end of the year, you're going to see minimum 50% discounts across the board to all of the remaining in-stock inventory in the ramp up to the holidays, because this will be their last chance to unload the product without losing money. Whatever's left will wind up being sold for pennies on the dollar to discount retailers like Ross.

Just now, BrickSantorum said:

By not talking about future waves or promoting anything beyond September, Lego has basically already made their announcement. Retailers are already planning what they'll be buying in 2018, and Dimensions isn't on that list.

Even if Lego had every intention of continuing to support Dimensions, retailers are already slashing the prices of the starter kit, because no one's buying the inventory that's already on store shelves.

Between now and the end of the year, you're going to see minimum 50% discounts across the board to all of the remaining in-stock inventory in the ramp up to the holidays, because this will be their last chance to unload the product without losing money. Whatever's left will wind up being sold for pennies on the dollar to discount retailers like Ross.

Yeah we pretty much got the message back at e3, no mention of anything beyond wave 9, all we mainly got was gameplay of the adventure worlds (which I don't mind) it was kinda cool to see what they were like. Don't even get me started on the Beetlejuice cosplay contest. What was that all about? heck My local game stores are selling off starter packs for anywhere between £40 - £50 other packs seem to be holding up their always RRP maybe the fun packs go for £12 down from £15 especially year 1 packs, its just a shame to see it go. In all honesty it isn't that bad of a game despite the odd bug/ glitch and crashing, I don't think we will ever get a huge variety of IPs like we have in dimensions in any other lego game 

Here's the death knell, it would seem: (US) LEGO Stores and S@H will be discounting all Dimensions packs to 50% starting Friday. Err, today, I guess. Except Starter Packs. Those are 20% or 30%, I forget.

Edited by rob-ot5000

7 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Here's the death knell, it would seem: (US) LEGO Stores and S@H will be discounting all Dimensions packs to 50% starting Friday. Err, today, I guess. Except Starter Packs. Those are 20% or 30%, I forget.

Indeed, they are! But there is not much left. Only the stuff you still see in some shops. Some ninjago, some legomovie, some dc etcetera. Nothing of interest. Well maybe the cyberman if you want to create an army of them. I still need the Scooby Doo team pack though.

In a way i am glad that i bought some of the sets earlier (full price or with some discount), because the sets that i wanted were the interesting pop culture ip's and they seem to be sold out for a while now. I would have feel heartbroken if i didn't have ET or Gizmo and Stripe.

But how are they going to sell these new wave 9 series? Everybody took notice of the freefall in prices. Nobody wants to buy a wave 9 for the regular price now. I only want the Beetlejuice one and am not interested in the other two worlds (powerpuff and dc kids), but since i haven't completed my game yet, i can wait with buying Beetlejuice until it is discounted as well.

8 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Wave 9 isn't even available in my local LEGO Store.  :jollyroger:

Or through the website. I miss when they were at least pretending they hadn't given up...

Edit: Looks like they appeared today. After I gave up waiting and ordered them from Amazon.

Edited by mscott71
New information.

My local Walmart had literally NO Dimensions packs whatsoever. They removed them all sometime last week. Guess it's not going to be easy for me to get any Wave 9 packs...

Just picked up my wave 9 packs to day, had them on pre order at my local game store. They didn't even have them on display although I did go in pretty early and the lady in the store was still sorting out the display so they could of been out later. I also noticed pretty much every fun pack was on sale even the more recent ones, I saw an excalibur batman for £8, last I checked it was about £12 same for for all the other fun packs. Didn't know there were even further reductions on some of the packs :/

2 hours ago, Fadervader said:

Just picked up my wave 9 packs to day, had them on pre order at my local game store. They didn't even have them on display although I did go in pretty early and the lady in the store was still sorting out the display so they could of been out later. I also noticed pretty much every fun pack was on sale even the more recent ones, I saw an excalibur batman for £8, last I checked it was about £12 same for for all the other fun packs. Didn't know there were even further reductions on some of the packs :/

And here I am without the Ninjago team pack :D I'm yet to see it on a substantial discount :/ (waiting to be able to get it for ~15eur)

13 minutes ago, Dardanel said:

And here I am without the Ninjago team pack :D I'm yet to see it on a substantial discount :/ (waiting to be able to get it for ~15eur)

yeesh thats terrible and to say thats a year 1 pack, I thought it was just standard now that there would be discounts on all packs? I suppose it depends on what stock some stores have and how desperate they are to get rid of product. Ah well just give it time and i'm sure you will get it at the price you want :D

Edited by Fadervader