TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

13 hours ago, Adventurer009 said:

If CM4Sci has the same source as just2good, I think CoinOpTv will still have a chance.

They're typically different perspectives on the same info. Whether they come from the same source, I dunno.

Those two users also have a near spotless track record so...

On 28 June 2017 at 9:13 PM, Penkid11 said:

They're typically different perspectives on the same info. Whether they come from the same source, I dunno.

Those two users also have a near spotless track record so...

I believe CM4Sci and J2G but wouldn't it just be so funny if they got it completely wrong!

Has anybody else had the problem of the opening cut scene being unskipable, and then goes black, but the audio keeps coming? And when the scene ends I can't do anything.  

I think it might have to do with the massive update I just installed for it

On 28-6-2017 at 5:48 AM, Falconfan1414 said:

The video sounds like speculation sorta he talks about how he thinks we will get dimensions 2 but in the comments there is one from CM4Sci and it says "sorry dude" I found that kind of funny 

I think it would actually make a lot of sense to launch Dimensions 2 instead of year 3. Especially since both competitors are out (Disney quit and Skylanders is skipping (at least) a year). If they would add Star Wars and Marvel into the mix, it would be a success for sure, all they have to do it make all previous packs compatible in some way, and make sure the starterpack is under €70 from the start.

So has anyone figured out how to unlock Fern yet? In case you don't know he's an Adventure time character that has been appearing in hint boxes since the update - but as of yet nobody has unlocked him.

It's possible he won't be unlockable until Sep. It's also a cool possibility that we might get more characters this way in the future.

Edited by Mattah12

2 hours ago, Mattah12 said:

So has anyone figured out how to unlock Fern yet? In case you don't know he's an Adventure time character that has been appearing in hint boxes since the update - but as of yet nobody has unlocked him.

It's possible he won't be unlockable until Sep. It's also a cool possibility that we might get more characters this way in the future.

I don't think so. Can you show this to us?

Edit: I found a video that shows Fern. Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZXcdlFTYng

Edited by The EthStu

1 hour ago, Adventurer009 said:

Why would they randomly add a feature like Fern if the game is cancelled?

Good point.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:13 AM, Adventurer009 said:

Why would they randomly add a feature like Fern if the game is cancelled?

It isn't cancelled. We still have a wave coming out, with plenty of new stuff to be added. But that doesn't mean it won't be cancelled before Year Three. Only time will tell. I don't think Fern's addition changes anything, though. In fact, we KNEW we wouldn't be done with Adventure Time, since part of the level is only able to be completed using characters from the upcoming wave, so it's still clearly rooted in the plans for Year Two.

"Rooted", +1 for plant-based pun.

On ‎28‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 11:33 AM, Mattah12 said:

Found a video showing how to unlock Fern

I'm going guess that is/was a new feature in which characters can switch with non-physical characters with the same move sets. I wonder if there are any other examples of it

It definitely opens the door in terms of other characters being added. For me the obvious one would be the new Doctor, however that would also mean new voice work.

It's just a new feature for Finn. Like how the Fantastic Beasts characters could unlock Non-physical characters from the movie. Cool feature though! 

I really think it's over for Dimensions.... although i like the concept and would have very much liked a year 3. Especially if they would add Marvel/Disney characters and a few kids IP's like Atomic Puppet and the likes. And for the AFOL's stuff like Indiana Jones or Voltron. But i guess a lot of people have been thinking about the possibilities.

I think i've bought my fair share of packs, and have ordered a few more just last week, because of some very big discounts on Amazon.fr. Too bad it seems to be cancelled.

3 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

I really think it's over for Dimensions.... although i like the concept and would have very much liked a year 3. Especially if they would add Marvel/Disney characters and a few kids IP's like Atomic Puppet and the likes. And for the AFOL's stuff like Indiana Jones or Voltron. But i guess a lot of people have been thinking about the possibilities.

I think i've bought my fair share of packs, and have ordered a few more just last week, because of some very big discounts on Amazon.fr. Too bad it seems to be cancelled.

I was never interested in Dimensions for the game, just the physical packs and the many licenses it carried onboard. What was really cool about the game is the fact that many of the IPs were ones that had rejected Ideas projects preceding them, making Dimensions a sort of outlet for those rejects. 

So if the game is indeed ending, we don't really have another such outlet for possible second chances. I certainly would have like to see a Iron Giant Fun Pack, providing a minifigure take on titular character if an actual set weren't viable. :sceptic:

I started with dimensions for the interesting IP's as well, but when i started playing them, i bought me a lot of packs. I find the game really entertaining and love to visit all those worlds with my girlfriend. Only the data dimensions uses is huge! I now need an extra usb on my wii u because i cannot download any new uploads :-(

So maybe a year three and four and whatnot wouldn't be prefarable at all with the huge data it uses haha

I'm also playing on a Wii U, but i'm looking for a nice discount on the PS4 version. Hopefully i goes down to 30 at some point, because i'm not paying more for a game i already own *huh*

Edited by NotMegalodon

9 hours ago, Borex said:

I started with dimensions for the interesting IP's as well, but when i started playing them, i bought me a lot of packs. I find the game really entertaining and love to visit all those worlds with my girlfriend. Only the data dimensions uses is huge! I now need an extra usb on my wii u because i cannot download any new uploads :-(

So maybe a year three and four and whatnot wouldn't be prefarable at all with the huge data it uses haha

The Wii U can't process the game if you upload all the Year 2 packs to the game. It will lag for as much as you can stand, and then it will load infinitely as soon as you enter a level/world.

1 hour ago, Borex said:

Is it better on the ps4? Like faster or things like that?

I don't know if you were aware, but he Wii U is two console generations behind when it comes to speed. Not only is the PS4 faster, but it can actually process full HD.

Let me clarify, I'm a Nintendrone at heart, but the PS4 beats any and all hardware specs of  every Nintendo console (including the Switch).

I was not aware lol

might get my gf a ps4 then! There arent that much good games on the wii u anyways :-)

On 11-8-2017 at 0:24 AM, Borex said:

Is it better on the ps4? Like faster or things like that?

Yes. My harddisk is filling up fast on the Wii U with the year 2 content, and some levels are very laggy. And everything @Penkid11 said.

Also, there's a riddle in the LotR world, that says something about pink trees, and they are nowhere to be found on the Wii U version; i needed to look at a PS4 walkthrough to find out where they were supposed to be.

On 13/08/2017 at 7:53 AM, NotMegalodon said:

Yes. My harddisk is filling up fast on the Wii U with the year 2 content, and some levels are very laggy. And everything Penkid11 said.

Also, there's a riddle in the LotR world, that says something about pink trees, and they are nowhere to be found on the Wii U version; i needed to look at a PS4 walkthrough to find out where they were supposed to be.

You should see the PS3. Every time I play it crashes then I have to reload. For a while it kept losing all my data and the updates take an hour and a half :wacko: