TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Indeed, maybe the reason either there is no Year 3 or we just haven't heard about it is because they've had a tough time getting new IPs for the game.

:tongue:

(That's mostly a joke. I know that if nothing else, they could surely get anything controlled by Warner - The Hobbit, Looney Tunes, The Neverending Story - or LEGO - Bionicle, Elves, Nexo Knights, etc. But it does sound a little as though they ran into more walls than anticipated when trying to secure properties for Y3.)

19 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

There was nothing confirmed to come out next year, besides the possibility of Vortech. Everything else was considered or rejected, so it's safe to say that there were no finalized and/or produced sets for release. 

I know of things that were set to release in year three but it's not my place to say what's those things are. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:03 PM, Blondie-Wan said:

Indeed, maybe the reason either there is no Year 3 or we just haven't heard about it is because they've had a tough time getting new IPs for the game.

:tongue:

(That's mostly a joke. I know that if nothing else, they could surely get anything controlled by Warner - The Hobbit, Looney Tunes, The Neverending Story - or LEGO - Bionicle, Elves, Nexo Knights, etc. But it does sound a little as though they ran into more walls than anticipated when trying to secure properties for Y3.)

We should wait till September or October because Year 1 ended in May 2016. Then, in the following month, Year 2 was announced in June 2016. So after Wave 9 is released in September, we should hear an update regarding the future of LEGO Dimensions.

On 6/1/2017 at 1:24 PM, legozebra said:

Avatar, Despicable Me, Looney Tunes, Universal Monsters, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla, The Smurfs, Thunderbirds, Tintin, Angry Birds, and Shrek were some IPs considered, but most of the third parties were not interested.

Could you clarify, was the Avatar movie by James Cameron considered? Or the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra cartoon series? Not that it really matters now :( but I would have loved an opportunity to get ATLA and LOK minifigures. 

And as much as I love Despicable Me, the figures would have translated poorly. Everyone has such a distinct silhouette and long thin arms, the mindfigures would have been ugly. Plus I wouldn't need even more Minion pandering in my life.

LEGO would never license the James Cameron Avatar, its far too violent and military for TLG to do.

13 hours ago, saysonder said:

Could you clarify, was the Avatar movie by James Cameron considered? Or the Last Airbender/Legend of Korra cartoon series? Not that it really matters now :( but I would have loved an opportunity to get ATLA and LOK minifigures. 

And as much as I love Despicable Me, the figures would have translated poorly. Everyone has such a distinct silhouette and long thin arms, the mindfigures would have been ugly. Plus I wouldn't need even more Minion pandering in my life.

Yeah, I'd been hoping for AtLA and tLoK to be included, but unfortunately, no Nickelodeon properties made it. It might be partially due to Lego's other licenses with Nickelodeon ending (TMNT was the last one), or due to the rumors that Nickelodeon was looking at its own toys to life game (which, after the decline of Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions, probably won't ever come to fruition).

A shame. One of the nice things about Lego Dimensions is that, compared to your standard licensed themes, there were far more licenses based on properties that were classic rather than current. Now Lego Ideas is back to being pretty much the only remaining avenue for sets based on dormant or mostly dormant IPs.

2 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Yeah, I'd been hoping for AtLA and tLoK to be included, but unfortunately, no Nickelodeon properties made it. It might be partially due to Lego's other licenses with Nickelodeon ending (TMNT was the last one), or due to the rumors that Nickelodeon was looking at its own toys to life game (which, after the decline of Disney Infinity and Lego Dimensions, probably won't ever come to fruition).

A shame. One of the nice things about Lego Dimensions is that, compared to your standard licensed themes, there were far more licenses based on properties that were classic rather than current. Now Lego Ideas is back to being pretty much the only remaining avenue for sets based on dormant or mostly dormant IPs.

Also, Dimensions was used as an outlet for licenses that projects Ideas rejected were based upon. Now we seem to have no such outlet for future rejected project licenses. But maybe we'll just have to wait and see.

17 hours ago, jonwil said:

LEGO would never license the James Cameron Avatar, its far too violent and military for TLG to do.

I don't think it is too violent really. Avatar is no worse than Harry Potter.

I haven't played the game. Is there enough content currently in the game to keep it going for a year break without additional updates? 

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't think it is too violent really. Avatar is no worse than Harry Potter.

Go watch the trailer for Avatar:

and tell me again if you think its OK under the TLG "No Military" rule...

Its very different to, say, Star Wars or Harry Potter or LOTR in terms of its violence and military nature and I dont think its something TLG would accept. The story-line involving humans going to another planet to commit genocide on the native population isn't exactly kid-friendly either...

21 hours ago, jonwil said:

Go watch the trailer for Avatar:

and tell me again if you think its OK under the TLG "No Military" rule...

Its very different to, say, Star Wars or Harry Potter or LOTR in terms of its violence and military nature and I dont think its something TLG would accept. The story-line involving humans going to another planet to commit genocide on the native population isn't exactly kid-friendly either...

I think it's okay. I can't see the problem.

Edited by Darkdragon
Please don't quote videos

For dutch people; there is now a buy 1 dimension pack, get another 1 for free going on in the intertoys.

11 minutes ago, Borex said:

For dutch people; there is now a buy 1 dimension pack, get another 1 for free going on in the intertoys.

Nice! I also saw on the website that the Xbox 360 starter pack is down to €28,00! 

Edited by Exetrius

On 6/25/2017 at 4:01 PM, Forresto said:

I haven't played the game. Is there enough content currently in the game to keep it going for a year break without additional updates? 

YMMV, but with everything that either exists now or is coming in September - the core story mode, three 6-level add-on stories, ten additional add-on levels, 30 Adventure Worlds, 16 Battle Arenas, and 75 playable character figures (not to mention all the offline building potential offered by all the physical LEGO elements in the packs, including those character figures) - I think there's plenty in the game already to make it worth having, even if they never release anything else for it in Year 3 or beyond. But I hope they do, of course.

There's a you tube video talking about the possibility the game will be rebooted as Dimensions 2 vs. Year 3.  Check it out.  I take it for what it's worth...

Edited by SFmuscle73
Typo

Just now, SFmuscle73 said:

There's a you tube video talking about the possibility the game will be rebooted as Dimensions 2 vs. Wave 3.  Check it out.  I take it for what it's worth...

Can we get a link?

49 minutes ago, SFmuscle73 said:

There's a you tube video talking about the possibility the game will be rebooted as Dimensions 2 vs. Year 3.  Check it out.  I take it for what it's worth...

So like each version of Skylanders then? Groan...

6 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

So like each version of Skylanders then? Groan...

When @SFmuscle73 Shares that video, and if it does get rebooted, at least the game doesn't end. I will buy a new starter pack if required.

I'm not able to post the link, but someone else can.  

You need to do a you tube search for "CoinOpTv" user.  This link is called "LEGO Dimensions Is Not Cancelled  Everyone Stay Calm".  

I'm not taking a stance if his info is legit, he builds up anticipation for a bit before his claim of the reboot toward the end.  Anyone else hear such a rumor elsewhere?

32 minutes ago, SFmuscle73 said:

I'm not able to post the link, but someone else can.  

Why not?

The video sounds like speculation sorta he talks about how he thinks we will get dimensions 2 but in the comments there is one from CM4Sci and it says "sorry dude" I found that kind of funny