TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

How?

How are you still allowed to continue posting such comments. 

1 hour ago, Starscream759 said:

When's E3 again? It's been a while since I've paid attention to the event as a whole. It's always in the summer, E3 when it's on that much has always been the case for me.

Ya this coming week. LEGO actually already has livestreams up on Youtube. 

Oops sorry @The EthStu didn't see your post

Edited by Ashnflash

Just now, Ashnflash said:

Ya this coming week. LEGO actually already has livestreams up on Youtube. 

Yeah I've already set a reminder for the first livestream. I'll do remainders for the other two later. 

22 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

It's not illegal, and not causing any harm.

Only the frustration of every other person on this forum.

5 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I must say, I'm extremely grateful for the "Ignore" function this forum has.

There's an ignore function!? Lol not that it matters now... 

I for one am really excited for E3. I can't wait to see them showcase Beast Boy - I really hope he has a wheel of transformations like Jake has. 

Also maybe we'll get to see the TTG Robin and Cyborg!

I'm sure we'll see lots of cool stuff from the remaining material, as well as perhaps some highlights of the most recent additions. That should all be great.

I imagine the question of the game's future will hang over everything, though. I can't imagine it not coming up given all the recent chatter about it, but at the same time it seems unlikely they'd openly acknowledge an impending discontinuation when there's still stuff scheduled for release months from now.

But hey, it's just a few days away now, and then we should know more than we do now, whatever the word is.

Well.. if it does get confirmed within the next few days, I can say that it had a good run. The game defied all of my expectations by new properties, builds, and minifigures that I never thought would be true. It brought new life into the toys-to-life genre and crossover games. It truly was a wonderful experience.

I can't see 'em properly announcing the cancellation at E3 honestly, still gotta squeeze those last pennies outta the game before it dies innit.

It'll still be entertaining to watch the livestreams though, since they'll mainly consist of Arthur and co squirming as the entire chat yells "IS DIMENSIONS CANCELLED" repeatedly for 30 minutes or so.

13 hours ago, AyliffeMakit said:

It'll still be entertaining to watch the livestreams though, since they'll mainly consist of Arthur and co squirming as the entire chat yells "IS DIMENSIONS CANCELLED" repeatedly for 30 minutes or so.

Aww, I hope not. Arthur Parsons seems like such a nice guy, and a real fan of all the properties he's working with. He doesn't deserve that. (But yeah, I DO know what you mean. It's gonna be awkward no matter what.)

It's just...seeing all of the stuff that they're definitely not gonna do...what is there to announce for the game's future? We have a long list of planned features that never made it, but we haven't heard so much as a rumor regarding what has. I don't know what the plan is, stretching out the time like that, but I can't imagine it to be a confirmation of things to come.

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to in the next few days is to see the reddit's forum's reaction because either one of two things will happen. 

A: When Dimensions is cancelled they're all going to cry, grumble and complain and never acknowledge that everyone else in the world was right. 

B: If Dimensions is renewed then they are just going to throw it in everyone's face and brag. 

So either way, I'm super excited to see what happens :grin:

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I think the thing I'm most looking forward to in the next few days is to see the reddit's forum's reaction because either one of two things will happen. 

A: When Dimensions is cancelled they're all going to cry, grumble and complain and never acknowledge that everyone else in the world was right. 

B: If Dimensions is renewed then they are just going to throw it in everyone's face and brag. 

So either way, I'm super excited to see what happens :grin:

Some_men_just_want_to_watch_the_world_bu

42 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

It's just...seeing all of the stuff that they're definitely not gonna do...what is there to announce for the game's future? We have a long list of planned features that never made it, but we haven't heard so much as a rumor regarding what has. I don't know what the plan is, stretching out the time like that, but I can't imagine it to be a confirmation of things to come.

Ratchet and Clank would be fun. The Flintstones I'd like to see. They could go into the DC Shows too such as Gotham and Arrow.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Ratchet and Clank would be fun. The Flintstones I'd like to see. They could go into the DC Shows too such as Gotham and Arrow.

Those aren't rumors. My point was that we have heard absolutely zero in the way of confirmed plans for the game. So yes, there are lots of great things they could do and a long list of things I'd love to see them incorporate into the game, but we have nothing to go on that suggests that there is anything beyond Year Two. 

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Don't turn this into a wishlist topic. Use the link posted by @Ashnflash.

On June 9, 2017 at 2:03 PM, The EthStu said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTsvwTIroyQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-JIDOLzYDw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3U4ufm2Mkw

Lego Dimensions has posted links of their E3 livestreams to their YouTube channel (sorry that they're backwards).

Interesting that in the descriptions under each of those they mention the specific times to watch for LEGO Dimensions news.

Since they follow up the last one with "say it once, say it twice... and third time's the charm", I'm guessing that'll focus on Beetlejuice, and since it's one of three remaining themes in Year 2, to me that suggests each livestream will contain a LEGO Dimensions segment focusing on one of the three themes to be added. But I guess we'll know in a few hours!

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Italicizing

Turns out that they'll actually be covering Teen Titans Go today. I'm intrigued by the fact that they got comic book writer Gail Simone to be on the livestream. 

3 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Interesting that in the descriptions under each of those they mention the specific times to watch for LEGO Dimensions news.

Since they follow up the last one with "say it once, say it twice... and third time's the charm", I'm guessing that'll focus on Beetlejuice, and since it's one of three remaining themes in Year 2, to me that suggests each livestream will contain a LEGO Dimensions segment focusing on one of the three themes to be added. But I guess we'll know in a few hours!

'Third time's the charm'?

Year Three?

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

'Third time's the charm'?

Year Three?

...or because, y'know, it's the third Dimensions stream on the third day of E3. Let's not get those hopes raised just to be dashed.

17 minutes ago, AyliffeMakit said:

...or because, y'know, it's the third Dimensions stream on the third day of E3. Let's not get those hopes raised just to be dashed.

If they don't do Year 3 then they are now stating the game didn't end on a charm.