TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

5 hours ago, 8BrickMario said:

I don't think Tintin would do too well in the US. It's just not as popular historically over here, and I imagine European sales on such a pack would dwarf the US sales.

And it didn't really help matters when the movie came out. Ya know the one with Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, Nick Frost and Daniel Craig? That one pretty much tanked at the box office and most American critics didn't like that movie. Mainly because they thought it was too mature for kids as well as too violent and felt more like Indiana Jones even though the comics themselves pretty much predate Indiana Jones but it's more down to what's popular over in the states rather than they won't take the series just because they won't. But yeah I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of people over in the UK that would love to play as Tintin or Captain Haddock regardless it would've been cool to have them in the game but yeah it wouldn't have worked either way.

I am really saddened with a lot of those. Most if not all of them would have sold infinitely more than Goonies, Gremlins, A-Team and E.T. Don't get me wrong I love me some 80's movies but over Shrek? Minecraft? James Bond - a Movie icon of 50+ years. Doesn't make sense to me. Really bummed out... Really sad...

6 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I am really saddened with a lot of those. Most if not all of them would have sold infinitely more than Goonies, Gremlins, A-Team and E.T. Don't get me wrong I love me some 80's movies but over Shrek? Minecraft? James Bond - a Movie icon of 50+ years. Doesn't make sense to me. Really bummed out... Really sad...

I'm going to buy me a big box of icecream and start crying in a corner of my bedroom :-(

Honestly, as much as I like Minecraft and James Bond, I'm much more fond of the 4 you mentioned that were released.  But I will say that Minecraft could have been a big seller.

22 hours ago, Borex said:

The heirs Hergé are very greedy i believe.  I wouldn't be surprised if tintin just was too expensive. A level pack with Tintin and snowy, a fun pack with captain Haddock and builds of the rocket to the moon, a giant mushroom and a can with the crab with the golden claws... if only. 

Never heard of them being greedy, but have definitely hard about them (and the Hergé estate) being hard to deal with in terms of both licensing/merchandise and in general

It's a shame really, a Tintin line could be an amazing set of sets. 

18 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I can see why James Bond didn't work though - even though it was pitched as a normal non-Dimensions game as well (and a trailer was made for it) that probably would have meant accompanying sets for a theme that's really not that suitable for kids. 

As for Minecraft, it was actually supposed to come out as a Story Pack for Year Two but was canned, sadly.

11 hours ago, x105Black said:

Honestly, as much as I like Minecraft and James Bond, I'm much more fond of the 4 you mentioned that were released.  But I will say that Minecraft could have been a big seller.

Yeah - I'm honestly surprised they cancelled Minecraft so late into development (It was part of the Year 2 update). I guess they were worried a full-on Story Pack wouldn't sell... 

On 2017-6-2 at 6:11 AM, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Aw, I wanted LEGO DreamWorks... :cry_sad:

Also, I'm guessing the Nintendo Switch starter pack was also canned.

I wonder if they might turn DreamWorks franchises into their own LEGO games now? 

LEGO Shrek would certainly sell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GJmayqcao

Around the 4:00 mark. Arthur Parsons says that they will be talking about Lego Dimensions at E3. Even if it's just wave 9, I'm sure that there'll be several questions about the future of this game from interviewers. Should be rather interesting.

Edited by The EthStu

1 hour ago, The EthStu said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1GJmayqcao

Around the 4:00 mark. Arthur Parsons says that they will be talking about Lego Dimensions at E3. Even if it's just wave 9, I'm sure that there'll be several questions about the future of this game from interviewers. Should be rather interesting.

There you go. If anyone was on edge about about if Dimensions is ending. You can totally tell he's disappointed about Dimensions. 

1 hour ago, Adventurer009 said:

The E3 live LEGO schedule was released. 20 minutes of LEGO Dimensions every day. Will we have 60min of only wave 9? 

If anything that confirms LEGO Dimensions isn't over. I fully expect Marvel and (as much as I don't like it) Star Wars to be announced for Year Three.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If anything that confirms LEGO Dimensions isn't over. I fully expect Marvel and (as much as I don't like it) Star Wars to be announced for Year Three.

I don't see why you wouldn't want Star Wars in the game? If you don't like the franchise, just don't buy it. 

5 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

I don't see why you wouldn't want Star Wars in the game? If you don't like the franchise, just don't buy it. 

Exactly. There are quite a few I don't like, so I simply skip those.

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Really? You don't like Star Wars? I mean I know it's not unheard of people not liking the franchise in general but really ya don't like it? Huh okay. But then again you don't have to buy the sets if you don't want them. Hell I don't like Teen Titans Go or the concept of the show or the idea that it's in the game but I won't buy it I'll just buy something else in the Dimensions line.

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

No, I mean I don't like Star Wars not that I wouldn't want it in the game. It would be great for those who do like it.

I'd love to see Star Wars and Marvel make it into Dimensions, but the likelihood of that is very low in my opinion.

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

I'd love to see Star Wars and Marvel make it into Dimensions, but the likelihood of that is very low in my opinion.

Is it the possible cancellation or another reason?

Edited by The EthStu

14 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

You're definitely setting yourself up for disappointment.

16 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

So some how you read the alleged IP's that we were going to get for Year 3 and "fully expect" Marvel and Star Wars to be announced meanwhile there was no mention of them. Solid logic :thumbup:

Edited by Ashnflash

17 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

So some how you read the alleged IP's that we were going to get for Year 3 and "fully expect" Marvel and Star Wars to be announced meanwhile there was no mention of them. Solid logic :thumbup:

The snark is strong with you, isn't it? 

Edited by The EthStu

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

The end of Disney Infinity should in theory equal Marvel and Star Wars for LEGO Dimensions.

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

The end of Disney Infinity should in theory equal Marvel and Star Wars for LEGO Dimensions.

You don't understand, they are not getting into dimensions, something to do with Disney's side, Disney even said themselves they won't be added to Dimensions