TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

Hello again everybody, hope your all well 

Does anybody have any details or thoughts on labels for the mini build discs.

Now the game is finishing (???) I might take the mini figures off the stands and let the kids play with them.

If I label up the mini build discs we can part out the builds or keep them on desks etc 

Anybody else got any similar plans 

You're definitely not the first person to have that idea!

Here's a link to a post a saw a while back. They are available to purchase, or you can just check them out for your own ideas.

As for me, yeah, I haven't really built the mini-builds for in-game use since Year 2 began. They mostly go straight into my parts bins nowadays, unless I particularly like a build. For the game, though, I just keep a couple of blank tags nearby and save whatever vehicle/accessory/mini-build I need, when I need it. As long as I have the character tags at-hand, everything's just peachy.

21 hours ago, giochiperbambini said:

The Ninja found fame after saving Stiix, with Kai becoming obsessed with his popularity. Yet they found themselves facing a new problem when Nadakhan returned with the Sky Pirates. During their first encounter, Nadakhan trapped Kai in the Sword of Souls, though he was later freed by Jay. Kai witnessed Nya die after being struck by Tiger Widow venom, though Jay's final wish reversed recent events, saving her. On the Day of the Departed, Cole accidentally revived the Ninjas' old enemies, including Chen, who attacked Kai and Nya.

http://www.trtgames.com/blog/category/ninjago/

Welcome to EB!

Please don't post off topic content. This has nothing to do with the LEGO Dimensions discussion.

Read the site guidelines about posting behavior.

Thanks and have fun!

Raven doesn't look great- I hate the shadows around her mouth, but the eyes don't bother me. It looks like big eye holes, not huge eyes, and she should do well with her companions. Starfire wasn't nearly as stylized, either.

Some great printing and sculpting for that head. Unfortunately, I think the problem is with the body. It just doesn't look right attached to that head. Her dress doesn't really look like a dress either. As much as I liked the orIginal Powerpuff Girls, I don't think I can compel myself to buy this. This Mashup of styles doesn't work for me. They should have chosen either traditional Lego style or completely scultped.

Really, if Lego is going to continue to license heavily stylized cartoons they might just want to cut to the chase and sculpt new bodies. Because slapping a molded, non Lego styled head onto a Lego body just doesn't seem to look that good. This is actually one area where Megabloks is ahead of them.

4 hours ago, strangely said:

Some great printing and sculpting for that head. Unfortunately, I think the problem is with the body. It just doesn't look right attached to that head. Her dress doesn't really look like a dress either. As much as I liked the orIginal Powerpuff Girls, I don't think I can compel myself to buy this. This Mashup of styles doesn't work for me. They should have chosen either traditional Lego style or completely scultped.

Really, if Lego is going to continue to license heavily stylized cartoons they might just want to cut to the chase and sculpt new bodies. Because slapping a molded, non Lego styled head onto a Lego body just doesn't seem to look that good. This is actually one area where Megabloks is ahead of them.

Eh, I dunno. I completely disagree. I love the stylized heads on traditional minifigure bodies. Love, love, love. The Simpsons, E.T., the Powerpuff Girls, the Mogwai and Gremlins, the Disney CMF figures, etc. Something about it genuinely appeals to me. To each their own, I suppose.

So yeah, I think Buttercup looks awesome, and I can't wait to see the rest of them.

21 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Eh, I dunno. I completely disagree. I love the stylized heads on traditional minifigure bodies. Love, love, love. The Simpsons, E.T., the Powerpuff Girls, the Mogwai and Gremlins, the Disney CMF figures, etc. Something about it genuinely appeals to me. To each their own, I suppose.

I love E.T., Gremlins and Disney. Those work for me, I like the molded heads there. They don't feel out of place, but that's really because their art styles are more universal and less extreme.

Could you say me, if there's a Story Pack for The LEGO Ninjago Movie? At least, please, tell me, when we'll be able to know it. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Pop Star c o said:

Could you say me, if there's a Story Pack for The LEGO Ninjago Movie? At least, please, tell me, when we'll be able to know it. Thanks.

Nope, but by the sounds of things we'll be getting a standalone game for TLNM

Another video of the LEGO Dimensions Powerpuff Girls minifigures, this one includes Bubbles (blue) and Blossom (pink) as well as Buttercup (green):

Edited by Justin

5 hours ago, masdcw said:

Are the 3 new sets available on Shop@Lego already? Can't seem to find them on the Dutch site...

They are on the Canada one. 

Also here's a sweet new Meet that Hero! 

Literally anyone can do a better Robin impression than that guy.........

Got the Chase McCain Fun Pack the other day, and let me just say that if you're a fan of LEGO City Undercover, I think you'll like this pack. Sure, the Adventure World is basically a scaled down version of the open world from the original game, but some of the quests just really make it feel like kind of a sequel, which I've been wanting ever since the game first came out! Also, I love that most of the voice actors seem to have returned. I was worried because the characters from Ninjago and Chima, LEGO's other two "in-house" franchises, didn't share any of the same actors as their TV shows.

Not to mention Chase has, like, almost ALL the abilities through his different disguises. He's a pretty useful character to own.