TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

On 02/04/2017 at 5:25 PM, Ashnflash said:

Any Ghostbusters planned packs have been scratched, we've known this for quite sometime now. Not sure why its being brought up.....

Never been confirmed.

Just now, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Never been confirmed.

It was never confirmed in the first place that we were ever getting any... Just speculation from sources who have since said nothing is happening. 

Edited by Ashnflash

In regards to Ghostbusters packs, its entirely possible they had plans to release another pack for the new movie (but never announced it) and then canceled those plans (without ever revealing anything) after the second movie failed/didn't do as well as expected.

Anyone else not entirely happy with the Betelgeuse fig? The in-game content is going to be amazing, but the figure just isn't doing it for me. Part of it might be the white skin on white clothes, but even then I don't know any decent colour substitutes for his skin. Also, the lime green hair doesn't make him look any better. Olive green or standard green would've suited him a lot more. And the faces! Where's the expression? Where's the character? I just don't see it. Hopefully the game will make the purchase worth it.

12 hours ago, Green said:

Anyone else not entirely happy with the Betelgeuse fig? The in-game content is going to be amazing, but the figure just isn't doing it for me. Part of it might be the white skin on white clothes, but even then I don't know any decent colour substitutes for his skin. Also, the lime green hair doesn't make him look any better. Olive green or standard green would've suited him a lot more. And the faces! Where's the expression? Where's the character? I just don't see it. Hopefully the game will make the purchase worth it.

I'm not overly familiar with the movie, but this minifigure does strike me as particularly simple. I think you're right, it's the white on white that's doing it. Maybe they could have done something like the glow in the dark color or UniKitty green with a printed gradient that turns to white around his face. There just needs to be more of a gradient to his skin as in the movie it's not a flat white, it's very patchy and textured.

Edited by strangely

RE: Beetlejuice

I saw a custom figure a few months ago. It had a purplish shirt under his signature jacket. The little bit of color helped break up the white, and I think something like that would have helped here. I can't pass on the figure, because we'll never get it again, but I do feel it is a bit lacking somehow.

4 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

RE: Beetlejuice

I saw a custom figure a few months ago. It had a purplish shirt under his signature jacket. The little bit of color helped break up the white, and I think something like that would have helped here. I can't pass on the figure, because we'll never get it again, but I do feel it is a bit lacking somehow.

Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to pick one up.  Same reason, it's not the best it could be, but it may be the only time we see it.

ToysRus all around me have been doing massive discounts on all video game toy lines.

Dimensions was all at least half off. Heck, Disney Infinity is like $3 a pop. Was tempted to buy some of those. I know the game is dead but still.

I hesitated on buying dimensions. Even at half off, since I don't play the game it's still quite expensive for what is essentially just ONE minifigure and a bunch of parts I don't need :P. 

13 hours ago, BrickG said:

ToysRus all around me have been doing massive discounts on all video game toy lines.

Dimensions was all at least half off. Heck, Disney Infinity is like $3 a pop. Was tempted to buy some of those. I know the game is dead but still.

I hesitated on buying dimensions. Even at half off, since I don't play the game it's still quite expensive for what is essentially just ONE minifigure and a bunch of parts I don't need :P. 

I think bc Best Buy and game stop did a sale last week Target and Toys r Us followed suit 

(USA) 50% or more off all of the Dimensions stuff from Xbox (if you have Live Gold), free shipping.  The fun packs are $4.99, as of last night I only found one that was sold out. I think today _might_ be the last day for the sale.

It's kinda a pain to find, you have to sign into your account first, then go to https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Great-savings-on-consoles-games-and-accessories/categoryID.67557100?icid=XboxDeals_subnav_TTL_anchor_ModF_022617#toystolifedeals

Just now, Darkdragon said:

(USA) 50% or more off all of the Dimensions stuff from Xbox (if you have Live Gold), free shipping.  The fun packs are $4.99, as of last night I only found one that was sold out. I think today _might_ be the last day for the sale.

It's kinda a pain to find, you have to sign into your account first, then go to https://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/cat/Great-savings-on-consoles-games-and-accessories/categoryID.67557100?icid=XboxDeals_subnav_TTL_anchor_ModF_022617#toystolifedeals

Wow. That's crazy. Whether or not Lego and TT have officially announced it, I think a sale like this says everything that needs to be said about the future of the game (or lack thereof).

Hmmmm the Dimensions Raven is going to have stupid big eyes. Guess I can't really complete my Teen Titans team... I want a normal faced Raven. We have everyone from Teen Titans the TV show but her :(. Teen Titans Go sucks lol. Well, it's not a show for all ages anyways.

2 hours ago, BrickG said:

Hmmmm the Dimensions Raven is going to have stupid big eyes. Guess I can't really complete my Teen Titans team... I want a normal faced Raven. We have everyone from Teen Titans the TV show but her :(. Teen Titans Go sucks lol. Well, it's not a show for all ages anyways.

In the images I've seen it looks like the color around the eyes is the same/similar as the color around her mouth. So instead of it being the white of her eyes you could pretend it's skin instead. Alternatively if you're not opposed to some customization you could color in around the eyes, as the pupils are pretty much the same as the regular minifigures. Or there's always swapping out the head with another, maybe buying a custom head. It's not ideal, but there are definitely some solutions to get around it.

I'm really hoping Lego doesn't cheap out on us, she should have dual molded legs. If she has that than I can live with the weird face.

Edited by strangely

I tried coloring over the whites over her eyes.

e2QnRsm.jpg

In my opinion I really doesn't think it works because of how her pupils are black with a tiny bit of purple. 

It just looks off with a style that doesn't white on the black shadowed face. 

Maybe solid white pupils would work?

4 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I tried coloring over the whites over her eyes.

In my opinion I really doesn't think it works because of how her pupils are black with a tiny bit of purple. 

It just looks off with a style that doesn't white on the black shadowed face. 

Maybe solid white pupils would work?

Hmm. I dunno, man, that looks pretty badass to me!

7 hours ago, strangely said:

In the images I've seen it looks like the color around the eyes is the same/similar as the color around her mouth. So instead of it being the white of her eyes you could pretend it's skin instead.

That's how I'm choosing to see it.

4 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

What are the chances a separate Lego video game will make use of the Dimensions NFC reader and character tags?

Next to none. The way the rumors have been headed, the game was cancelled because the whole Toys to Life market shriveled and died (oversimplification, but they wouldn't produce a new game for old products which never sold or create new products for a new game to join the old ones in the discount bin).

On 4/20/2017 at 7:01 AM, BrickG said:

Replace her head with the one from Spooky Girl CMF. That's what I'm gonna do. 

43 minutes ago, giochiperbambini said:

The Ninja found fame after saving Stiix, with Kai becoming obsessed with his popularity. Yet they found themselves facing a new problem when Nadakhan returned with the Sky Pirates. During their first encounter, Nadakhan trapped Kai in the Sword of Souls, though he was later freed by Jay. Kai witnessed Nya die after being struck by Tiger Widow venom, though Jay's final wish reversed recent events, saving her. On the Day of the Departed, Cole accidentally revived the Ninjas' old enemies, including Chen, who attacked Kai and Nya.

http://www.trtgames.com/blog/category/ninjago/

This is the plot of the Ninjago tv show... What are you trying to say?

Hello again everybody, hope your all well 

Does anybody have any details or thoughts on labels for the mini build discs.

Now the game is finishing (???) I might take the mini figures off the stands and let the kids play with them.

If I label up the mini build discs we can part out the builds or keep them on desks etc 

Anybody else got any similar plans