TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I really want to know what would have been coming in year three, but at the same time I kind of don't. I suppose in this case ignorance might be bliss.

It seems we are getting closer to the official confirmation

I wonder if LEGO will try something like the Dimensions packs in the future, without the game of course. 

It's like a mixed licensed CMF series with more accessories

I think it was just too expensive; even though you could dissect a funpack (at €15) like being a combination of a €4 minifig + €3 worth of bricks + €3 for two rfid tags, you would still pay €5 for the digital content. That's still pretty steep for some of the packs. Only the packs which unlock a new world would be worth it. And let's not forget, the people getting more than half of all the available stuff, are a minority. I'm consider myself a pretty big fan and only just own half of year 1.

I did expect it to do better, after the cancellation of Disney Infinity. Oh well.. It had a good run anyway, two years isn't that bad.

8 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

I really want to know what would have been coming in year three, but at the same time I kind of don't. I suppose in this case ignorance might be bliss.

Brickstolife is said to be putting out an article covering what we would have gotten in Year 3. So we just a have to wait a bit. 

3 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

Please, say when it'll be official.

Well there is this: 

I don't what to think... This could just mean that they will do what J2G said and just prolong the inevitable by releasing packs further apart.  

34 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Well there is this: 

I don't what to think... This could just mean that they will do what J2G said and just prolong the inevitable by releasing packs further apart.  

If it hasn't been announced from the source, Lego will play the denial game. Unless of course the game's cancellation has yet to reach the social media level yet of their offices, which is also likely.

This of course is if the game's cancellation is upon us (to be impartial).

Well maybe it's not being cancelled in it's entirety. Is it possible they're turning Dimensions into something else? The story is definitely strong enough they could do a video series or make actual Lego sets.

9 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Brickstolife is said to be putting out an article covering what we would have gotten in Year 3. So we just a have to wait a bit. 

Oh I know, that's what I was referring to. As much as I want to know and want to read the upcoming article, I don't want to be let down that it won't be coming. :wink:

Do realize that everyone should be desperate for LEGO to deny everything for as long as possible. Any fan of Dimensions should be very, very happy that LEGO is refusing to admit anything. The moment LEGO announces that its over, it's probably over right then. Likely, all future sets get cancelled and either not released or not widely released. So, if you want any of the currently known unreleased sets to ever make it out, you better be hoping LEGO denies Dimensions is ending until after you get the sets you want.

Of course, their denials don't mean anything as far as whether Dimensions has been cancelled or not. They have to give the denials irrespective of what they are planning on doing, or they are basically killing it immediately. This doesn't mean they are going to cancel Dimensions. It just means expecting them to do anything other denying it is silly.

On a different subject, the real question on the conjectural Wave 3 sets is: What was the disk color going to be?

1 hour ago, daryen said:

Do realize that everyone should be desperate for LEGO to deny everything for as long as possible. Any fan of Dimensions should be very, very happy that LEGO is refusing to admit anything. The moment LEGO announces that its over, it's probably over right then. Likely, all future sets get cancelled and either not released or not widely released. So, if you want any of the currently known unreleased sets to ever make it out, you better be hoping LEGO denies Dimensions is ending until after you get the sets you want.

Of course, their denials don't mean anything as far as whether Dimensions has been cancelled or not. They have to give the denials irrespective of what they are planning on doing, or they are basically killing it immediately. This doesn't mean they are going to cancel Dimensions. It just means expecting them to do anything other denying it is silly.

On a different subject, the real question on the conjectural Wave 3 sets is: What was the disk color going to be?

Magenta

2 hours ago, daryen said:

Exactly!

Hypothetically, of course, if Lego were to cancel Lego Dimensions, they would do so after the sets that have already began production (Beetlejuice, TTG, PPG) have been revealed and launched.

Lego would then at that point say "that's a wrap."

Why?

The moment Lego makes an official announcement of the game's death, the adoption rate for the new Dimensions sets would half at the least. All stores would then instantly put them on some crazy sale (exactly like Disney Infinity) in a desperate attempt to get the product off their shelves (poor Toys R Us).

Again. Hypothetical.

1 minute ago, Penkid11 said:

Exactly!

Hypothetically, of course, if Lego were to cancel Lego Dimensions, they would do so after the sets that have already began production (Beetlejuice, TTG, PPG) have been revealed and launched.

Lego would then at that point say "that's a wrap."

Why?

The moment Lego makes an official announcement of the game's death, the adoption rate for the new Dimensions sets would half at the least. All stores would then instantly put them on some crazy sale (exactly like Disney Infinity) in a desperate attempt to get the product off their shelves (poor Toys R Us).

Again. Hypothetical.

What kind of crazy sale? (US west coast+) $0.99 kind of sale?

but at the end I'm also clueless, I guess time will show

I read Brickset's speculation article earlier today. The vibes Lego Dimensions is giving right now remind me of the rumors surrounding Bionicle last year... Disney Infinity and Skylanders getting canned were clear signs the Toys to Life game fad is over. The market is dead, and Lego arrived to late to profit. While Lego toys are a superior product to the static figures other lines used, increasing the appeal for toy collectors; the fact is few people want to pay the money for the game. I have thought multiple times about buying the starter set, but it is to cost prohibitive to get into. I have bought one Fun Pack for the figures, but that is it. To collect the whole game would take away the budget I have for other Lego purchases too! I'd rather spend $100 on some nice Star Wars set or a Creator Expert set then spread it across dozens of fun packs for Dimensions.

To put it briefly, these rumors don't surprise me at all.

Where did you see that Skylanders is canceled? Everything I can see with a quick Google only shows rumors of its cancellation rather than actual proof from Activision. (so much like Dimensions in that regard)

20 hours ago, jonwil said:

Where did you see that Skylanders is canceled? Everything I can see with a quick Google only shows rumors of its cancellation rather than actual proof from Activision. (so much like Dimensions in that regard)

Activision have announced there will be no Skylanders game in 2017. So while it's not "cancelled" there's nothing to say there'll be one in 2018 either.

When is Brickstolife going to release their article about the planned IP's... It's been a week now since they posted their other article and their site crashed. Lol it isn't that hard. Scrappy, more Doctor Who, James Bond - done :grin: 

I'm only kidding. We've gotten more information in the past week from Brickstolife and J2G than we have in maybe months from TT Games. 

5 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

When is Brickstolife going to release their article about the planned IP's... It's been a week now since they posted their other article and their site crashed. Lol it isn't that hard. Scrappy, more Doctor Who, James Bond - done :grin: 

I'm only kidding. We've gotten more information in the past week from Brickstolife and J2G than we have in maybe months from TT Games. 

Not until the formal announcement of cancelation: http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-dimensions-cancellation-faq/

8 minutes ago, juno2023 said:

Not until the formal announcement of cancelation: http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-dimensions-cancellation-faq/

Oh that's right.... I totally read that and forgot about it, thanks :classic: Still disappointing that they're waiting, especially since the people they've told are teasing what was supposed to come and since TT Games won't say anything for a while. 

We will probably see a Nintendo Switch port of Lego Dimensions since TT Games has been on the HD port train lately with Lego Harry Potter Remaster for the PS4, and the port of Lego City Undercover for Xbox One, Switch, and PS4.

1 hour ago, Savage Oppress said:

We will probably see a Nintendo Switch port of Lego Dimensions since TT Games has been on the HD port train lately with Lego Harry Potter Remaster for the PS4, and the port of Lego City Undercover for Xbox One, Switch, and PS4.

Someone hasn't read the past few pages.

As interesting it would be to have the game run on the Switch, the idea of the console is that you can take it anywhere. Since the portable portion of the console has no USB ports (and guessing that you can't plug the toypad through the charging port, as you will need it for how much the console will suffer trying to handle that much content). That basically (and sadly if I may say so myself) means that this game would be extremely difficult to port.

That is if rumors aren't true, of course.

9 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Someone hasn't read the past few pages.

As interesting it would be to have the game run on the Switch, the idea of the console is that you can take it anywhere. Since the portable portion of the console has no USB ports (and guessing that you can't plug the toypad through the charging port, as you will need it for how much the console will suffer trying to handle that much content). That basically (and sadly if I may say so myself) means that this game would be extremely difficult to port.

That is if rumors aren't true, of course.

It would have to work the same way as Skylanders, where the right Joy-Con becomes the portal. God knows how the Toy Pad gameplay would work though. I suppose it would have to be done via buttons instead, but I doubt it would have the same appeal that way.