TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

15 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Perhaps the word "medium" was a poor choice and could offend some people, but I think you're missing the point again here  - The word medium has little to do with the argument at hand.  @Exetrius was saying that while Just2Good as a person can make mistakes, his source is unlikely to due to a good track record. So when he leaks info, he actually is acting as a medium by relaying facts - facts from a source that has been very trustworthy in the past. Your previous argument stated that you don't want to trust him because he is az person who can make mistakes. Now, you're arguing that the word medium is offensive. I'm not here to dispute that, but I'm responding to your original argument regarding the issue of trusting him.

It's not that I don't trust Just2Good, I just want to point out that he is a human being like the rest of us and there will be times when he is wrong. This could be one of those times. Then again, it might not. Just because Just2Good says it is though doesn't necessarily mean that LEGO Dimensions definitely is ending. Laura Dale, for instance, originally thought that Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the Switch would be delayed beyond launch. She was wrong, yet is often right about many things.

Everyone, this is not a rumor validity discussion thread. This is a thread for Lego Dimensions. Talk about the aspects of Lego Dimensions we know about (for sure), or don't talk at all. 

Thanks. :thumbup:

Does anybody know where I can find a list of actors who reprised their roles, and recorded new audio for the game? I've been searching, but I keep finding lists that include archived audio. I was playing with Gollum for the first time the other day, and was surprised to hear non-archive audio come out of him (though I later found out it wasn't Andy Serkis, but a very good impression of him!), and now that it seems Hermione has new audio, but not Emma Watson, I'm getting very interested in who actually did come back.

1 minute ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I'd like a Captain Nemo NFC figure please. Who's with me?

That's also reserved for another forum.

40 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

Does anybody know where I can find a list of actors who reprised their roles, and recorded new audio for the game? I've been searching, but I keep finding lists that include archived audio. I was playing with Gollum for the first time the other day, and was surprised to hear non-archive audio come out of him (though I later found out it wasn't Andy Serkis, but a very good impression of him!), and now that it seems Hermione has new audio, but not Emma Watson, I'm getting very interested in who actually did come back.

In terms of voiced characters and characters that have archive audio to them? I do believe that the wiki for Lego Dimensions does have a cast list. And for characters that have archive audio samples to them they do have a separate page for them. Here's a direct link to it: http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Actors and here's the one for the Archive Audio: http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archive_Audio_Characters Hope this helps.

Just now, Starscream759 said:

In terms of voiced characters and characters that have archive audio to them? I do believe that the wiki for Lego Dimensions does have a cast list. And for characters that have archive audio samples to them they do have a separate page for them. Here's a direct link to it: http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_Actors and here's the one for the Archive Audio: http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Archive_Audio_Characters Hope this helps.

Ah, sweet! Thanks! I had been reading the trivia on that page to figure it out and got really confused. :laugh: But that second link clears it up! Thanks again!

Just now, Legomaster34 said:

Ah, sweet! Thanks! I had been reading the trivia on that page to figure it out and got really confused. :laugh: But that second link clears it up! Thanks again!

Your very welcome, my friend.

15 hours ago, Starscream759 said:

You can add Rosario Dawson to that list as she reprises her role as Batgirl! 

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

You can add Rosario Dawson to that list as she reprises her role as Batgirl! 

Yep and I imagine there will be more added to the list once the packs are released.

20 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

now that it seems Hermione has new audio, but not Emma Watson

Don't know why they didn't decide to use archive audio. Silly to use a voice-a-like when you have access to the original voice.

So according to the LEGO Dimensions wikia:

In all eight of the Harry Potter films, she was portrayed by Emma Watson. In the play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, she was portrayed by Noma Dumezweni. Emma will reprise her role in the game.

Strange because the voice clips in that video don't sound like Emma Watson at all.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Supposedly it looks like March 21st is the tentative date for the release of Wave 8. (Excalibat, Michael Knight, Chase McKay, Sloth, and Hermione) 

15 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Supposedly it looks like March 21st is the tentative date for the release of Wave 8. (Excalibat, Michael Knight, Chase McKay, Sloth, and Hermione) 

What about the other ghostbusters pack?

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Don't know why they didn't decide to use archive audio. Silly to use a voice-a-like when you have access to the original voice.

So according to the LEGO Dimensions wikia:

Strange because the voice clips in that video don't sound like Emma Watson at all.

Maybe it's just placeholder? (I'd think that part would be done by now, but I don't know enough about game development to say for sure.) Similar to how the music in the teasers for Harry and Voldemort wasn't from the Harry Potter soundtracks, but the music in the game is.

15 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

If I'm remembering correctly there's still two more waves in year two after the March one.

27 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

I'm pretty certain that was cancelled along with the Connectables. 

2 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

Maybe it's just placeholder? (I'd think that part would be done by now, but I don't know enough about game development to say for sure.) Similar to how the music in the teasers for Harry and Voldemort wasn't from the Harry Potter soundtracks, but the music in the game is.

Wouldn't that cost more?

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Wouldn't that cost more?

Ya it would. You don't pay royalties for the whole movie. You pay royalties to the actors. So yes they use archive footage for Harry and He Who Shall Not be Name because it's iconic. But to use it for Hermione would cost more. Bringing on a nobody who can do an English accent is a lot cheaper. 

A perfect example is the Ghostbusters. 1 of the 4 new ones came because she was the cheapest to hire on to do lines. 

Edited by Ashnflash

On 1/30/2017 at 3:28 PM, Ashnflash said:

Where I live (in Texas USA), Target has Excalibat out already. Didn't see anything else new. 

I think the format of the Warner Brothers logo is telling. It's a dull greyish blue, and appears to be either chipped stone with possibly some drops of dark liquid on it. It definitely doesn't make me think LEGO. I think it'll either be some news about that rumored Aquaman game, or possibly (and this is likely just me being hopeful) a Shadow of Mordor sequel? I think a new Arkham game is unlikely, as Rocksteady seemed intent on it being a trilogy. (Origins withstanding, as that one wasn't made by them.)

Where is that image from?

Edited by Legomaster34