TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

On 1/13/2017 at 1:19 PM, Hulk_Smash said:

It IS a character, that's why you can't ride it, because you play AS it :)

Which is totally what the Dalek should have been..... 

On a side note for my fellow Canadians here collecting Dimensions. The Knight Rider pack is showing up on EbGames. I haven't seen anything on the Excalibat though...

27 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Which is totally what the Dalek should have been..... 

On a side note for my fellow Canadians here collecting Dimensions. The Knight Rider pack is showing up on EbGames. I haven't seen anything on the Excalibat though...

I agree. It's weird that the Dalek is a vehicle - although I suppose you could argue it's the Dalek travel machine without the Kaled mutant inside. But then why would you jump on the back of it and not open the dome and climb inside?

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

3 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I agree. It's weird that the Dalek is a vehicle - although I suppose you could argue it's the Dalek travel machine without the Kaled mutant inside. But then why would you jump on the back of it and not open the dome and climb inside?

God knows mate, god knows.

The Dalek being a vehicle is probably because every build in year one was either an object that did something, or a vehicle (to my knowledge: I don't have every pack yet), so there was no precedent for a build being its own character.

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

We've been able to exploit a glitch so that you can play as the dalek instead of ride him. Sometimes taking your character off the toy pad will make the game switch you to a gadget or vehicle. The easiest way to treat the dalek as a character, though, is to use Slimer to possess the vehicle.

9 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Would definately be more cool, and make more sence this way. Most definately !

2 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

We've been able to exploit a glitch so that you can play as the dalek instead of ride him. Sometimes taking your character off the toy pad will make the game switch you to a gadget or vehicle. The easiest way to treat the dalek as a character, though, is to use Slimer to possess the vehicle.

I so gotta try this the next time I play Dimensions ! 

Batman with the Merch-Gun again.

Spoiler

Also, notice how the Flying Monkey is based off of the leaked LEGO Batman Movie minifigure rather than the ones from the Wizard of Oz world.

20 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

That happened to my brother yesterday with the Phone Home. It was quite funny to see him hopping along as a telephone.

5 hours ago, npgcole said:

Batman with the Merch-Gun again.

Hide contents

Also, notice how the Flying Monkey is based off of the leaked LEGO Batman Movie minifigure rather than the ones from the Wizard of Oz world.

Is it different? I haven't seen the leaked fig you refer to, and I haven't played that level you referred to in quite a while. What are the differences you speak of? I'm guessing the Oz versions didn't have the Faun legs? Other than that, I have no idea.

*MODS: I tried to delete the embedded bit, but couldn't*

Edited by rob-ot5000

49 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Is it different? I haven't seen the leaked fig you refer to, and I haven't played that level you referred to in quite a while. What are the differences you speak of? I'm guessing the Oz versions didn't have the Faun legs? Other than that, I have no idea.

*MODS: I tried to delete the embedded bit, but couldn't*

Yeah, the faun legs are the most noticeable difference.

Here's the image of the minifigures that were leaked.

Spoiler

They're supposed to be in a LEGO Batman Movie set this summer, along with the Wicked Witch (identical to Dimensions figure).

32155833025_05c236750d_o.png

6 hours ago, npgcole said:

Yeah, the faun legs are the most noticeable difference.

Here's the image of the minifigures that were leaked.

Hide contents

They're supposed to be in a LEGO Batman Movie set this summer, along with the Wicked Witch (identical to Dimensions figure).

32155833025_05c236750d_o.png

Any sign of a LEGO Batman Movie set featuring the Daleks?

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Any sign of a LEGO Batman Movie set featuring the Daleks?

Don't think so, at least not that I know of anyways.

On a different subject, after playing the game for a bit, I have to say it is kind of disappointing that two of the three "main characters" have pretty much been made irrelevant. Harry Potter can do everything that Gandalf can do, plus fly, parcel tongue, explosives, and red brick walls. Ethan Hunt can do everything Batman can do, plus acrobatics, diving, explosives and his disguises. Just waiting for the character that snatches Wyldstyle's scanner, but has extra capabilities beyond that.

Not a big deal, just too bad Batman couldn't have been made more useful, or even improved over time.

2 hours ago, daryen said:

On a different subject, after playing the game for a bit, I have to say it is kind of disappointing that two of the three "main characters" have pretty much been made irrelevant. Harry Potter can do everything that Gandalf can do, plus fly, parcel tongue, explosives, and red brick walls. Ethan Hunt can do everything Batman can do, plus acrobatics, diving, explosives and his disguises. Just waiting for the character that snatches Wyldstyle's scanner, but has extra capabilities beyond that.

Not a big deal, just too bad Batman couldn't have been made more useful, or even improved over time.

To be honest it makes sense that other characters should be able to do more things than the "main characters", right? I mean, if it were the other way around (with fun pack characters who were the same as the starting characters but less versatile) then there would be very little incentive to buy those particular packs. The nature of the Toys to Life business model means that releasing "upgrades" of the starter pack characters is an easy way to encourage customers to expand their collections.

24 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest it makes sense that other characters should be able to do more things than the "main characters", right? I mean, if it were the other way around (with fun pack characters who were the same as the starting characters but less versatile) then there would be very little incentive to buy those particular packs. The nature of the Toys to Life business model means that releasing "upgrades" of the starter pack characters is an easy way to encourage customers to expand their collections.

Oh, I have no problem with having other characters do things the original three cannot do. As you say, that only makes sense. However, there is nothing to prevent them from reserving *something* that you have to have the original characters for. For example, Wyldstyle is still needed for her scanner ability. That doesn't mean other characters can't do everything else she can, and that newer characters can't do more. It just means that she still has utility. As an example for Batman, if he was the only one who could trigger the batarang spinny thing, then that would be great and would mean he is still necessary.

They obviously can't do everything, or no one would buy the new pieces. But, there could have been something reserved for them to keep them useful.

18 hours ago, daryen said:

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the LEGO Batman Movie characters has Wyldstyle's abilities. 

I've been playing the Year 2 sets and I'm trying to figure out what one thing I keep seeing is.  It's white but sort of translucent.  Trying to remember but I think it kind of looks like a hole in the ground or a pipe or something?  And it's sort of glowing like it has light coming out of it.  Sort of looks like a placeholder like something solid will appear later.  I saw it a few times in the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack and also in something else (but can't remember where).

Does anyone know what it is and what you do with it?  Is it something that will be updated later on and you currently can't do anything or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Good guess, I kind of seemed to describe the crack, but it's something different.  I used Jake the Dog to break a crack in the floor.  This was....different.

On 1/18/2017 at 2:56 PM, daryen said:

Personally, I prefer it. Part of the fun of Lego post-game for me is using different sets of characters to complete levels (for instance, sometimes I'll play levels in LB3 with just Teen Titans) since it gets a little boring using the same 4 or 5 characters for the whole game. After playing the whole story as Batman, Wyldstyle, and Gandalf, they've kinda gotten boring. I want to be able to solve each puzzle with any number of other characters. Truth be told, I wish that some powers were even more generic, like the TARDIS and DeLorean's time traveling, which would be better suited as one thing so more characters that would logically be able to time travel (like Flash or Hermione) could do so without having their own exclusive forms of time travel. 

1 hour ago, ndawgg said:

Good guess, I kind of seemed to describe the crack, but it's something different.  I used Jake the Dog to break a crack in the floor.  This was....different.

I'm guessing either the Lantern Pad or a dimensional rift.

I think Supergirl as Red Lantern can make a jackhammer that digs. Cannot be used in the Dr. Who adventure world warehouse at the end of the street where lizard woman asked for help finding people underground below that area. I probably used Bane's drill vehicle.

Edited by BubbaFit45531
remembered incorrectly