TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

2 hours ago, Realshow said:

So, anyone have any guesses on what Year 3's new mode will be?

Well, Year Two introduced the Battle Mode where you choose a minifigure to play as, so the logical next step would probably be a Race Mode in which you must place a minifigure AND a vehicle onto the Toy Pad. I could imagine each new NFC figure adding a race track, battle arena and adventure world to the game. 

I also can't see how they could possibly add many other new IPs. I think (and hope) year three will see the return of year one (Doctor Who and The Simpsons, for example) and Year Two (Sonic The Hedgehog, Harry Potter) franchises alongside the odd new IP. Probably Disney and Marvel properties will be added to the game (Star Wars is surely a shoe-in) and maybe BBC Sherlock, Jumanji and The LEGO Ninjago Movie. 

Hello

I bought some packs this Christmas. Previously I had only wave one mini figures.

after all updates, I added the Harry Potter pack.

However, despite this, the HP worlds are not there. I know I have to download it, but my system says they will be available soon.

the portal in voltron is in red, the mini figure passes thru it but do not enter.

I tried a new series one mini figure and worked perfectly.

Another question.

I bought the Xbox 360 pack for my nephew.

does he need to buy memory for his console or not?

thank you

Edited by Mr Meleca
More questions

11 hours ago, Mr Meleca said:

Hello

I bought some packs this Christmas. Previously I had only wave one mini figures.

after all updates, I added the Harry Potter pack.

However, despite this, the HP worlds are not there. I know I have to download it, but my system says they will be available soon.

the portal in voltron is in red, the mini figure passes thru it but do not enter.

I tried a new series one mini figure and worked perfectly.

Another question.

I bought the Xbox 360 pack for my nephew.

does he need to buy memory for his console or not?

thank you

What console are you on?

14 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Well, Year Two introduced the Battle Mode where you choose a minifigure to play as, so the logical next step would probably be a Race Mode in which you must place a minifigure AND a vehicle onto the Toy Pad. I could imagine each new NFC figure adding a race track, battle arena and adventure world to the game.

I can imagine the keystones would serve as power ups. The chroma keystone could be for opening new paths or covering people with paint, the scale keystone self explanatory, the elemental keystone could let you pick an element based on whichever you tap on the portal, the shift keystone can be a teleporter and the locate keystone can summon obstacles for you.

14 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I also can't see how they could possibly add many other new IPs. I think (and hope) year three will see the return of year one (Doctor Who and The Simpsons, for example) and Year Two (Sonic The Hedgehog, Harry Potter) franchises alongside the odd new IP. Probably Disney and Marvel properties will be added to the game (Star Wars is surely a shoe-in) and maybe BBC Sherlock, Jumanji and The LEGO Ninjago Movie. 

Original Jumanji or the remake/sequel/whatever it is?

1 hour ago, Realshow said:

I can imagine the keystones would serve as power ups. The chroma keystone could be for opening new paths or covering people with paint, the scale keystone self explanatory, the elemental keystone could let you pick an element based on whichever you tap on the portal, the shift keystone can be a teleporter and the locate keystone can summon obstacles for you.

Original Jumanji or the remake/sequel/whatever it is?

Yeah, I think the keystones are a reasonable guess for power-ups. It could be possible that each Year 3 NFC minifigure could unlock a new keystone alongside the already existing ones.

As for Jumanji, I'd say both. Given that the game currently has both versions of Ghostbusters, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Jumanji.

51 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Yeah, I think the keystones are a reasonable guess for power-ups. It could be possible that each Year 3 NFC minifigure could unlock a new keystone alongside the already existing ones.

That would be pretty hard to pull off though, unless it's stuff based on the characters themselves and not vague references (for example, Sonic unlocking a generic speed power-up, or E.T. unlocking something involving generic aliens).

1 hour ago, Realshow said:

That would be pretty hard to pull off though, unless it's stuff based on the characters themselves and not vague references (for example, Sonic unlocking a generic speed power-up, or E.T. unlocking something involving generic aliens).

True. It would also be easier for some characters than others - the Doctor, for example, would probably have a sonic emission power-up. 

On 2 January 2017 at 9:17 AM, Finbricks said:

What console are you on?

Xbox one

in my console I fixed the problem.

I had to change my xbox store location, from Brazil to USA.

BTW, in Brazil the starter pack costs more than $ 250! I bought in usa

and the 360? Do you know if the console tolerates the game with only 3 gigabytes in its memory?

7 hours ago, Mr Meleca said:

and the 360? Do you know if the console tolerates the game with only 3 gigabytes in its memory?

I seriously doubt it. I have the 360 version (it was on sale for $30, so why not?). I know I have used way more than 3GB due to updates and world/level downloads. I doubt you can even run the base game with just 3GB.

evening all 

Anybody having any download/update issues on PS 4 tonight ???

My Wife tried downloading all the updates and fantastic beasts which don't seem to be registering in the game and it just promts to download a new update.

this means none of our year two figures (we have all that are available) are worth anything ! 

Edited by Benny benny BENNY

After seeing someone elsewhere say his NFC tag went bad and he was asked for the receipt for a replacement part, I'm going to dig up my recent receipts and scan them just in case.

Is that cube a giveaway, and from where ? 
That´s pretty cool. Are the figs in them random, or are all E.T ? ( As a sidenote that post prolly belongs in Dimensions physical Brick discussion ) 

Well, im not gonna get any, anyway. At least i got Superwoman totally by accident, and for free. :tongue:

32075042366_d239c7ce9e_c.jpg

On 1/1/2017 at 6:33 PM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Races sound pretty likely, and pretty fun! I wouldn't count them out as far as finding IPs goes. I never would've considered the likes of the A-Team, Knight Rider, and Beetlejuice, but here we are! I'd be alright with Year 3 mostly expanding on old IPs, though, but I believe that Arthur Parsons said that they don't currently have any plans to revisit those. Disney's IPs also seem pretty unlikely for the time being, so I wouldn't hold your breathe. Sherlock's pretty gruesome and maybe not quite colorful enough to catch the eyes of young newcomers, but Jumanji and the Lego Ninjago Movie seem like relatively safe bets. Let's not get too deep into wishlisting though!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:57 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

As for Jumanji, I'd say both. Given that the game currently has both versions of Ghostbusters, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Jumanji.

I like the idea of both, but it seems a little unlikely. The thing with Ghostbusters is that the original movie is incredibly iconic to this day, and the pack came out significantly before the new movie. In this case they'd have to release both the original Jumanji and the new one at the same time, which could make for some confusion, especially since Jumanji, as treasured a classic as it is, isn't quite as iconic.

8 hours ago, Tahu23 said:

That could only be used as a Christmas ornament! :laugh:  A playable ET, but outside of the fun pack, so you're still gonna have to buy the pack if you want to get the full use out of him! 

7 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Races sound pretty likely, and pretty fun! I wouldn't count them out as far as finding IPs goes. I never would've considered the likes of the A-Team, Knight Rider, and Beetlejuice, but here we are! I'd be alright with Year 3 mostly expanding on old IPs, though, but I believe that Arthur Parsons said that they don't currently have any plans to revisit those. Disney's IPs also seem pretty unlikely for the time being, so I wouldn't hold your breathe. Sherlock's pretty gruesome and maybe not quite colorful enough to catch the eyes of young newcomers, but Jumanji and the Lego Ninjago Movie seem like relatively safe bets. Let's not get too deep into wishlisting though!

I like the idea of both, but it seems a little unlikely. The thing with Ghostbusters is that the original movie is incredibly iconic to this day, and the pack came out significantly before the new movie. In this case they'd have to release both the original Jumanji and the new one at the same time, which could make for some confusion, especially since Jumanji, as treasured a classic as it is, isn't quite as iconic.

That could only be used as a Christmas ornament! :laugh:  A playable ET, but outside of the fun pack, so you're still gonna have to buy the pack if you want to get the full use out of him! 

I think they said they want to return to the old IPs but I can't remember what the exact quote was.

I think Sherlock would be fine. It's no more gruesome than Doctor Who can be at times and is only considered a 12 by the BBFC.

Disney is more possible than ever now Disney Infinity is over.

I see your point about both versions of Jumanji, but the original version of Jumanji could maybe have the same Adventure World and considered the same franchise as the 2017 sequel

On 06/01/2017 at 1:28 AM, The Lego Nolan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they had content for Justice League next year. Possibly with a Flash Minifigure. 

I doubt it would be a Story Pack because that would be two DC-related SPs in one year (LEGO Batman Movie and Justice League). Maybe a Level Pack, although if it were LEGO Dimensions content part of me thinks they'd do a Supergirl and include Flash as a Limited Edition polybag. 

Honestly, if they do a LEGO version of Justice League I think it would be more likely to be its own game akin to LEGO Marvel's Avengers. LEGO Justice League, with scenes from Batman v Superman, Man of Steel and Wonder Woman added in.

Now, I haven't seen much talk about this, but what are the possibilities of having the CW Arrowverse in Dimensions, since CW Flash STAR Labs was in the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack? I'm wondering because that is currently my favorite show, and would love to play it.

On 4.1.2017 at 2:14 AM, Benny benny BENNY said:

Anybody having any download/update issues on PS 4 tonight ???

My Wife tried downloading all the updates and fantastic beasts which don't seem to be registering in the game and it just promts to download a new update.

this means none of our year two figures (we have all that are available) are worth anything ! 

I have the same issue. Even after downloading the updated content, the game still says that there's update available. I even tried deleting the old content and then downloaded the new version, but the same issue exists.

On 1/5/2017 at 11:20 AM, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I think they said they want to return to the old IPs but I can't remember what the exact quote was.

I think Sherlock would be fine. It's no more gruesome than Doctor Who can be at times and is only considered a 12 by the BBFC.

Disney is more possible than ever now Disney Infinity is over.

I see your point about both versions of Jumanji, but the original version of Jumanji could maybe have the same Adventure World and considered the same franchise as the 2017 sequel

Sherlock is, like, ALL ABOUT murder. Doctor Who has a lovely coating of sci-fi that makes its gruesome elements more palatable and easier to censor, but I can't think of an episode of Sherlock that hasn't crucially involved the very grounded and grizzly murder of another human being. The concepts of death and murder are pretty well excluded from Lego games these days. It's the difference between something like Star Wars and CSI: they're both about as gruesome and kill-y at the end of the day, but one of them has aliens and laser swords to fill in the blanks. 

Now that Disney Infinity is over, we have three problems: 1. The dust still has to settle. The game just had the plug pulled not so long ago, so I'd say there are still warehouses to clear and licenses to reorganize before any attempt at another toys-to-life title involving Disney characters could happen. 2. Hesitation to try again. There will definitely be some doubt at the Disney offices over whether or not it's worth it to try again, especially when they'd be making less revenue for this than they would for something that exclusively features their brand. Lego Dimensions is successful, sure, but is it successful enough to try the same trick twice? 3. The old Roger Rabbit debacle. Disney and Warner Brothers are, in many ways, rivals. So how okay would Disney be with making their characters accessories to a game with Batman and Gandalf on the cover? Would WB take issue with the Avengers getting more content than the Justice League? Those two get very petty very fast.

That certainly could work, especially since I believe the new movie is supposed to be some sort of continuation of the last(?). Perhaps a Fun Pack could work, but I think if they had any intention of doing Jumanji they would've done it this year, since that's when the new movie comes out.

On 1/5/2017 at 8:28 PM, The Lego Nolan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they had content for Justice League next year. Possibly with a Flash Minifigure. 

Some sort of loose tie-in would definitely be reasonable. I don't think we'll be getting movie stuff from them at this point, since they've passed on Batman v Superman already, but a playable Flash and Green Lantern in the traditional style seem like simple ways to potentially cash in on the movie's success. 

On 1/7/2017 at 10:26 AM, The Brick King said:

Now, I haven't seen much talk about this, but what are the possibilities of having the CW Arrowverse in Dimensions, since CW Flash STAR Labs was in the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack? I'm wondering because that is currently my favorite show, and would love to play it.

I definitely feel you, but I'd say if they made STAR Labs a secret area, that pretty much destroys any chance of it being a prominent location somewhere else, and if STAR Labs wouldn't be a key part of an Arrowverse hub world, I don't know what would be. If I were you, I'd hold out hope for another standalone Lego DC game in the hopes that they do a DLC level for the Flash like they did for Arrow in Lego Batman 3. That seems like the most we're at all likely to get.

8 hours ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Sherlock is, like, ALL ABOUT murder. Doctor Who has a lovely coating of sci-fi that makes its gruesome elements more palatable and easier to censor, but I can't think of an episode of Sherlock that hasn't crucially involved the very grounded and grizzly murder of another human being. The concepts of death and murder are pretty well excluded from Lego games these days. It's the difference between something like Star Wars and CSI: they're both about as gruesome and kill-y at the end of the day, but one of them has aliens and laser swords to fill in the blanks. 

Now that Disney Infinity is over, we have three problems: 1. The dust still has to settle. The game just had the plug pulled not so long ago, so I'd say there are still warehouses to clear and licenses to reorganize before any attempt at another toys-to-life title involving Disney characters could happen. 2. Hesitation to try again. There will definitely be some doubt at the Disney offices over whether or not it's worth it to try again, especially when they'd be making less revenue for this than they would for something that exclusively features their brand. Lego Dimensions is successful, sure, but is it successful enough to try the same trick twice? 3. The old Roger Rabbit debacle. Disney and Warner Brothers are, in many ways, rivals. So how okay would Disney be with making their characters accessories to a game with Batman and Gandalf on the cover? Would WB take issue with the Avengers getting more content than the Justice League? Those two get very petty very fast.

That certainly could work, especially since I believe the new movie is supposed to be some sort of continuation of the last(?). Perhaps a Fun Pack could work, but I think if they had any intention of doing Jumanji they would've done it this year, since that's when the new movie comes out.

Sherlock may be all about murder, but if they did it in the typical LEGO style of humour it wouldn't matter so much. A Sherlock Level Pack would be a huge success also.

I get your point about Disney, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen sooner rather than later. We'd probably get less Marvel content than DC though.

As for Jumanji, they wouldn't have been able to do it for Dimensions 2.0  because the new movie doesn't come out until December. It would have to be 3.0.

Not sure where to ask this... I tried searching but there's 267 pages to this thread so I wasn't very successful. My Lego dimensions game is glitched. I bought the new Harry Potter pack and an item I need is missing. I've looked at FAQs and guides and the place where it should be there is nothing. I also have to be honest, I got stuck because of a glitch in the story mode a year ago and now haven't the slightest idea what I accomplished and what I haven't. Should I just erase my save and start over? I hadn't gotten very far anyway. 

11 hours ago, Aaryana said:

Not sure where to ask this... I tried searching but there's 267 pages to this thread so I wasn't very successful. My Lego dimensions game is glitched. I bought the new Harry Potter pack and an item I need is missing. I've looked at FAQs and guides and the place where it should be there is nothing. I also have to be honest, I got stuck because of a glitch in the story mode a year ago and now haven't the slightest idea what I accomplished and what I haven't. Should I just erase my save and start over? I hadn't gotten very far anyway. 

My game has glitched a few times. It's best to just close and reopen the application.