TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Not sure if everyone has this issue, but on XBox 360 I can't proceed past a certain point in the Fantastic Beasts Level because my game freezes at the exact same point every time... 

This happened to me with the Ghostbusters levels. Except every single level froze it for me..... 

3 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm of the opinion that a casual clothes Hermione is far more interesting than a school uniform version. At least we are getting something new with this, whereas anyone who already collects/collected HP Lego would already have half a dozen identical Harry uniforms that could be easily swapped in.

But what about how Hermione doesn't seem to be holding a wand? 

1 minute ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

But what about how Hermione doesn't seem to be holding a wand? 

This is not an official picture...

It's obvious that she will come with a wand, just like every other HP-Universe Dimensions character. 

5 hours ago, legozebra said:

Not sure if everyone has this issue, but on XBox 360 I can't proceed past a certain point in the Fantastic Beasts Level because my game freezes at the exact same point every time... 

Really? I hope this gets fixed by Christmas or I'll be upset. I found a few really sucky glitches yesterday while playing. The arcade machines in The Mysterious Voyage of Homer and the Back to the Future levels are not playable and the cutscene audio for Ghostbusters!, Aperture Science, and the Doctor Who level packs do not play. I tweeted TTGames but I doubt they care.

1 hour ago, refriedbeans said:

Really? I hope this gets fixed by Christmas or I'll be upset. I found a few really sucky glitches yesterday while playing. The arcade machines in The Mysterious Voyage of Homer and the Back to the Future levels are not playable and the cutscene audio for Ghostbusters!, Aperture Science, and the Doctor Who level packs do not play. I tweeted TTGames but I doubt they care.

I'm sure that TT Games cares, but their Twitter is likely flooded with complaints like these. Thus, I'm contacting Customer Service directly.

I also noticed the lack of audio on the Portal Level Pack (playing on 360), sadly unlike Ghostbusters and Midway Arcade un/reinstalling the DLC didn't work. Hope it gets patched.

Speaking of which, you know what else I hope gets patched? The Adventure Time World. It's crashed on me literally almost a dozen times by now.

With all the lag and crash issues that all of the consoles of last generation have been having (XBOX360, PS3, WiiU), it's a wonder why they even still sell the starter packs for them, as they're clearly not prioritized for patches and the like.

Edited by Penkid11

15 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

This is not an official picture...

It's obvious that she will come with a wand, just like every other HP-Universe Dimensions character. 

She should be holding a wand in the picture then.

It's a "Deathly Hallows"-Hermione, so she could also be holding a "Beedle the Bard" book, a basilisk tooth or one of the horcruxes. For variety's sake. Or a time turner, because she comes with the "Prisoner of Akzaban" creature Buckbeak.

Edited by coronaking

On 15/12/2016 at 1:26 PM, coronaking said:

It's a "Deathly Hallows"-Hermione, so she could also be holding a "Beedle the Bard" book, a basilisk tooth or one of the horcruxes. For variety's sake. Or a time turner, because she comes with the "Prisoner of Akzaban" creature Buckbeak.

She needs to be able to do magic in-game though. Wouldn't be right otherwise.

So just picked up the PS4 Starter Pack today to get Supergirl. I payed $49.99 for the Starter Pack at Toysrus and got the Marceline Fun Pack for free so really I got Supergirl for $35.99. So I'll just sell the portal for like $15 or $20. 

So, any hints on the Year 3 franchises yet? Closest thing I've seen is a tweet from LEGO where they said they'd consider bringing Power Miners in, and the countless rumors about Marvel and Star Wars.

54 minutes ago, Realshow said:

So, any hints on the Year 3 franchises yet? Closest thing I've seen is a tweet from LEGO where they said they'd consider bringing Power Miners in, and the countless rumors about Marvel and Star Wars.

Man, if they really were willing to bring back an in-house theme like Power Miners, all bets would be off. Lego City Undercover is the only in-house franchise in Year 2 (unless you count The Lego Batman Movie, which is debatable), and of course Lego City is an evergreen theme that is one of Lego's most consistently popular. Personally, though, I reckon that that tweet might just be an effort not to give fans of that theme a flat "no" (letting them down easy, so to speak). If the possibility did exist to bring back a non-current in-house theme, Bionicle would obviously be at the top of my list (even though, logistically, it would be more challenging to implement than an already minifigure-based theme like Power Miners).

Of course, if that doesn't happen, then I expect the sets to continue to draw from major Warner Bros. franchises, nostalgia-laden movie and TV franchises in general, video games, and the occasional high-profile ongoing Lego theme (licensed or otherwise). In terms of Warner Bros. franchises, we're likely to continue to see DC Super Heroes characters from one medium or another, and if Year 2 is any indication, popular Cartoon Network shows (of which my highest hopes are for Steven Universe packs). In terms of video games we probably still won't see any franchises exclusive to any of the "big three" console manufacturers, but franchises owned by third-party publishers like Capcom or Sega (among many others) are still fair game. And while Year 2 has been very light on the in-house themes, I'm still holding out hope that themes like Friends, Elves, and Nexo Knights will eventually be included in the game.

Just now, Lyichir said:

Personally, though, I reckon that that tweet might just be an effort not to give fans of that theme a flat "no" (letting them down easy, so to speak).

Why not simply ignore the tweet then? They probably get like 500 tweets a day.

Just now, Lyichir said:

(of which my highest hopes are for Steven Universe packs)

Same, though I'm also reeeeally hoping for Classic Ben 10. That was one of my favorite shows and the reboot feels like a giant betrayal.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

And while Year 2 has been very light on the in-house themes, I'm still holding out hope that themes like Friends, Elves, and Nexo Knights will eventually be included in the game.

I'm surprised Nexo Knights isn't there already, it's the new Ninjago and seems to be going strong, though I haven't actually seen it yet nor have I been following news on it.

3 hours ago, just2good said:

Honestly, I doubt there will even be a Year 3 :sad:

2 hours ago, npgcole said:

I thought they said Dimensions will be supported until at least 2018... there has to be at least a Year 3 in the works...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/27/9404909/three-years-of-add-on-support-planned-for-lego-dimensions

Yeah, I'm curious why you would say that, J2G. Do you have any reason for thinking that? Hasn't it always been a 3-year-plan?

The TTL market is rapidly dying so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't continue. But I feel LEGO can stick it out for at least one more year of content.

They had enough sales in year 1 to warrant a third of the year 2 themes to be based on 80's franchises that most kids nowadays likely don't know much about- I think we're good for at LEAST one more year.

10 hours ago, refriedbeans said:

The TTL market is rapidly dying so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't continue. But I feel LEGO can stick it out for at least one more year of content.

If you mean the discontinuation of Disney Infinity, I believe that game wasn't even unprofitable, though; Disney just decided it wanted to get out of actually developing its own games and switch over to a licensing model for all its game endeavors. That sucked for the DI developers, but it's not at all bad for LEGO Dimensions.

15 hours ago, just2good said:

Honestly, I doubt there will even be a Year 3 :sad:

Are the sales of lego dimensions that bad where they would cancel a already planned year 3?

8 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Are the sales of lego dimensions that bad where they would cancel a already planned year 3?

From what I've seen, LD is extreamly popular and successful right now.

Yeah, allegedly "Lego Dimensions" accounted for 38% of all money spend on interactive gaming toys during November 2016.

If anything, the other Toys-to-Life franchises die because Lego is so popular. I have absolutely no doubt that there will be a Year 3.

4 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

If you mean the discontinuation of Disney Infinity, I believe that game wasn't even unprofitable, though; Disney just decided it wanted to get out of actually developing its own games and switch over to a licensing model for all its game endeavors. That sucked for the DI developers, but it's not at all bad for LEGO Dimensions.

Another reason for Disney Infinity's failures is they both overestimated and underestimated sales on certain products which led to loss of money.