TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I'd really hate to see anything for this game released exclusively for one console or console family, even if it were a console I had. I hope they don't go down that route.

An interesting development here:

Cineplex announced today that it is launching a video gaming league for young people, featuring LEGO Dimensions.  The family-friendly program is a new concept in Canada and is geared towards targeting a younger gaming demographic.  LEGO Dimensions, the popular LEGO toy and video game hybrid, takes players on a journey through unexpected worlds featuring a number of pop culture franchises, including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemThe LEGO MovieHarry Potter, Ghostbusters, The Lord of the Rings, and more.

The new league officially begins in March 2017 and consists of four consecutive weekly sessions where LEGO fans can play and compete in-theatre on the big screen.  The league is set-up so that there are no eliminations and all players, regardless of age or skill level, will be active and engaged throughout the entire season. 

In preparation for this family-friendly series, Cineplex Entertainment is hosting a free LEGO Dimensions Live launch event at 12 theatres across Canada on December 3, 2016 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. In addition to being among the first to play the LEGO Dimensions Battle Arenas on the big screen, the first 50 guests at each theatre will also receive a free LEGO toy.  Gamers under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to play.

Edited by Blondie-Wan
Fixing quote

On 9/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, BrickHat said:

I play LEGO Dimensions on the Xbox One and there was another 12 GB update today. I had also purchased Marceline from Toys-R-Us when she was released and I had one of the blank toy tags. Anyway, as a result of the update today, she works in the game! I'm not sure what else was fixed but I'm glad that her tag now works for the game.

16 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Ya I thought it was the guy from TTG as well. But when I got Cyborg I was like awww this is the more serious Cyborg :grin: 

And yes, someone did ask Arthur if there would ever be console exclusive characters ie. Mario. And he said perhaps I think. But I'd hate to burst your bubble but if they did do it I think it would be Year 3 and probably for the new Nintendo console. Unless they decide to keep the Wii U on like they did for PS3/PS4 and Xbox360/XboxOne. 

We have a precedent for this sort of thing in the Donkey Kong and Bowser Skylanders figures, which function both as Skylanders and as Amiibo, and given Amiibo support is continuing on the Switch, such a figure is certain to work on the Wii U version as well. Of course it won't happen this year, since we already know all of the IPs that are coming, but it seems a little more likely to happen sooner than later given the evidence. Of course, the lack of any actual sounds from the game might indicate otherwise.

(For the record, his exact response when asked about characters that could only be used on a single platform, specifically citing Mario as an example, was " hmmm... interesting... " which is a little more mysterious than his usual "anything is possible" answers to other IP suggestions.)

Final cutscene of Fantastic Beasts story pack has been updated to show the big spoiler (those who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about). Had to redownload the dlc for it to show however.

Rather neat suprise if you ask me. :sweet:

15 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

I'd really hate to see anything for this game released exclusively for one console or console family, even if it were a console I had. I hope they don't go down that route.

I definitely feel where you're coming from. Exclusives can be a real bummer (like the Civil War and Ant-Man packs that still haven't made it to Lego Avengers). It sounds like those sorts of exclusives are going to keep from TT, though. Parsons said himself, " exclusive content is a part and parcel of videogames ". While I don't agree with that sentiment, if he's saying it, it must at least be true for TT Games. If they go down this route, though, I just hope that Nintendo has heard the complaints of Skylanders collectors regarding the Donkey Kong and Bowser figures and allow them to be cross-platform. They'd probably wind up selling more of those packs that way anyway.

4 minutes ago, Krulis said:

Final cutscene of Fantastic Beasts story pack has been updated to show the big spoiler (those who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about). Had to redownload the dlc for it to show however.

Rather neat suprise if you ask me. :sweet:

Wait, they actually kept it spoiler-free? That's pretty impressive, even though I'd imagine anybody who bought the pack probably isn't too concerned about spoilers. Still, though, very courteous. 

42 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Wait, they actually kept it spoiler-free? That's pretty impressive, even though I'd imagine anybody who bought the pack probably isn't too concerned about spoilers. Still, though, very courteous. 

Yep,

Before the update (skip to 32:18):

After the update:

Did anyone here go to yesterday's launch event, and if so, how was it? Did you get the free item? What was it?

Hey Guys,who already has the "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" Addon for Dimensions?

I`m just asking because yesterday i saw a Video of all Cutscenes in that Gamepack and i instantly fell in Love with all those vintage Vehicles in it,like those Taxis,or the green Car in this Picture:

15232074_347389495628657_705900859092637

Any Chance someone can do some better Screenshots and if one of those Cars appear in the Gameplay maybe some Screenshots from various Angles if possible?

Any Help would be much apprechiated.

I hope they don't release any console exclusive minifigures. If any Nintendo characters are to be included, I'd rather it be for all consoles with LEGO telling them it's either that or no inclusion at all.

17 hours ago, The Player Nº1 said:

Thinking to buy this game for the Wii U. Do you recommend?

I have the Wii U version, and I haven't really regretted it. If you're going to do a lot of multiplayer, beware that the two control schemes are gonna be hard to switch between (My friend and I both had to work through the Wii remote controls together and that was mostly just to walk around an Adventure World). But if those Nintendo exclusives happen, you'll be one of the few who will benefit from it! :grin:

17 hours ago, badchriss said:

Hey Guys,who already has the "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" Addon for Dimensions?

I`m just asking because yesterday i saw a Video of all Cutscenes in that Gamepack and i instantly fell in Love with all those vintage Vehicles in it,like those Taxis,or the green Car in this Picture

Any Chance someone can do some better Screenshots and if one of those Cars appear in the Gameplay maybe some Screenshots from various Angles if possible?

You have a PM!

On 12/2/2016 at 3:50 PM, Ashnflash said:

Actually Cyborg will also change. This one is voiced by Bumper Robinson from some cartoons and LB3. 

I just saw this now please take it with a huge bucket of salt. 

But there is a hugeeee nod to Mario and Luigi in this video. Now this isn't the first time that LEGO has teased a future Dimensions pack in a video like this before. There was a K.I.T.T. car in one of them even before they announced that him and Michael Knight would be in the game. Plus with Sonic being in the game now this isn't too far fetched.

Oh boy Ancient Aliens guy fun pack 

5 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

No one here did the event on the 3rd, or has any thoughts about the theater initiative?

What event? And what's the theater initiative? I've been trying to look around, but Google has been no help. :sceptic:

Thing is, Nintendo references are nothing new to Undercover- they abounded there because it was the original game's only platform. While I'd love a Nintendo world, I don't think that's a hint towards it.

Edited by 8BrickMario

5 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

What event? And what's the theater initiative? I've been trying to look around, but Google has been no help. :sceptic:

The stuff I mentioned earlier. I'm guessing people who read my earlier post just looked at what I said about console exclusivity and overlooked the much longer section right after that formed most of my post:

On December 3, 2016 at 0:24 AM, Blondie-Wan said:

An interesting development here:

Cineplex announced today that it is launching a video gaming league for young people, featuring LEGO Dimensions.  The family-friendly program is a new concept in Canada and is geared towards targeting a younger gaming demographic.  LEGO Dimensions, the popular LEGO toy and video game hybrid, takes players on a journey through unexpected worlds featuring a number of pop culture franchises, including Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemThe LEGO MovieHarry Potter, Ghostbusters, The Lord of the Rings, and more.

The new league officially begins in March 2017 and consists of four consecutive weekly sessions where LEGO fans can play and compete in-theatre on the big screen.  The league is set-up so that there are no eliminations and all players, regardless of age or skill level, will be active and engaged throughout the entire season. 

In preparation for this family-friendly series, Cineplex Entertainment is hosting a free LEGO Dimensions Live launch event at 12 theatres across Canada on December 3, 2016 from 12:30-3:30 p.m. In addition to being among the first to play the LEGO Dimensions Battle Arenas on the big screen, the first 50 guests at each theatre will also receive a free LEGO toy.  Gamers under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult in order to play.

4 hours ago, Blondie-Wan said:

The stuff I mentioned earlier. I'm guessing people who read my earlier post just looked at what I said about console exclusivity and overlooked the much longer section right after that formed most of my post:

Ah, I see. I'll admit I did kind of skim over that. It's be interesting to know what was given out.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:21 PM, badchriss said:

I`m just asking because yesterday i saw a Video of all Cutscenes in that Gamepack and i instantly fell in Love with all those vintage Vehicles in it,like those Taxis,or the green Car in this Picture:

I built that car

Just now, eric87 said:
On 12/4/2016 at 0:21 PM, badchriss said:

I built that car .  I used the game level a walk in the park .

8 hours ago, eric87 said:

I built that car .  I used the game level a walk in the park .

Cool,you wouldn`t mind sharing some Pictures or making a few Screenshots of the Cars that appear in that Level and the Cutscenes?

3 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

so is the next minifigure wave this month or January 2017?

It's gonna be released in February along side The Lego Batman Movie.

13 hours ago, badchriss said:

Cool,you wouldn`t mind sharing some Pictures or making a few Screenshots of the Cars that appear in that Level and the Cutscenes?

I don't know how to add a picture from my iPad 

Edited by eric87