TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Sonic the Hedgehog Minifigure is inaccurate, he doesn't have a tail, this goes for Shadow the Hedgehog and Knuckles in the Level pack as well.

*I don't have the minifigure, just been watching gameplay videos on Youtube*

Edited by Savage Oppress

2 hours ago, Savage Oppress said:

Sonic the Hedgehog Minifigure is inaccurate, he doesn't have a tail, this goes for Shadow the Hedgehog and Knuckles in the Level pack as well.

*I don't have the minifigure, just been watching gameplay videos on Youtube*

Sonic has back printing..

I'd just figured that I'd let everyone know that all of my progress of Year 2 has been deleted. All the Ghostbusters levels that I already had a hard time with. Like I don't know what to do this is ridiculous now. 

I just went off on the Dimensions Support. Sent them a huge email complaining about what already happened with Wave 6 and now Wave 7. I don't even feel like playing through the Fantastic Beasts levels because what is going to happen come Wave 8 update? Is all my progress going to be wiped again? I've spent $300+ for great minifigures and a game that won't keep my progress. In the words of Lemon Grab, its UNACCEPTABLE!! 

Edited by Ashnflash

On 11/19/2016 at 4:21 PM, Ashnflash said:

Ya I'm not having any problems with Marcy.. That's too bad. 

Also anyone else see this in the Sonic Trailer? 

Where is this? I'm thinking either the buildings in the back is Jump City from TTG, maybe it's the PPG world or perhaps it's the beach in LEGO City. Or it could just be Sonic, but I haven't visited the world yet. 

Dosnt seem like any one answered you. But thats emerald coast near station square from Sonic adventure I think.

PS3 here

My Marceline has the blank tag error :angry:

I certainly have the significant lag between switching to a character and being able to use their abilities (aim, flight).

My completed levels and collected collectibles of year 2 disappeared but came back. :thumbup: Thank goodness. (In the first few weeks of wave 6 I had an update that made it stop crashing for every level but erased progress and made Finn eternally stuck on sword switches and ghostbuster gal eternally stuck on memory puzzles. Took a long time to get my gold bricks out of negative)

A-team world is not back in business though. It's busted. Keeps telling me there's an update that there isn't after I restart and download. And I can't get in whether I try for the update or not.

Oh the other thing is the game doesn't like to remember that I've built mini builds if I haven't bought upgrades. Go into the character and it brings me to instructions for a tag that's already up and running. 

15 minutes ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Go into the character and it brings me to instructions for a tag that's already up and running. 

The same thing happens to me but with Level Pack characters. Finish the level, and the next day I put in a character and the instructions pop up.

7 hours ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

A-team world is not back in business though. It's busted. Keeps telling me there's an update that there isn't after I restart and download. And I can't get in whether I try for the update or not.

My A-team is broken too. Haven't been able to get it to work for 2 days now.

EDIT: And now I have another hours long update. Maybe they are fixing more issues?

Yeah, ANOTHER 12 GB update? WTF?

I haven't checked on my progress since hearing all of the "lost data" horror stories. Fingers crossed....

At this point I'm just hoping they're working on a LD2. Because DLC's for another year and a half clearly aren't going to work. This game seems to become more unstable with every wave.

If you're having the A-Team issue and you report it to customer support and they suggest that you delete the game and reinstall, don't bother. It won't fix the issue.

Also, as of this morning Customer Support helpfully says they're aware of the issue but have no timeline on when it will be fixed or how it will be fixed and recommends just watching for yet another update.

7 hours ago, strangely said:

At this point I'm just hoping they're working on a LD2. Because DLC's for another year and a half clearly aren't going to work. This game seems to become more unstable with every wave.

I really don't want a LEGO Dimensions 2 unless they bring back some of the original Year One franchises. I'd like new content for Doctor Who, The Simpsons, Jurassic World and Ghostbusters (1984 and 2016). As for Year Two, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Sonic The Hedgehog absolutely should return IMO. That would mean eight pre-existing franchises and room for six new ones.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

7 hours ago, strangely said:

Ya it's funny because they said oh don't worry you don't need to purchase a brand new portal and game for the new content. Well you know what you promise that, then you deliver a game that ACTUALLY WORKS! Also for those who want 100% in Year 2 they do need to buy a new Starter Pack for a system that a lot of people don't own! 

It's funny because when I emailed them saying all this stuff and asking if I will lose everything come February they never commented on that. They gave me some tips on how to prevent glitches, one of them being taking the game CD and running it on other consoles to see if perhaps it is my PS3 that is the problem. RIGHT because I just happen to have ANOTHER 3 PS3'S LYING AROUND :angry: Okay and maybe I can take it over to someone else's house, and what do I say? "Excuse me do you mind if I come in and play LEGO Dimensions for a few hours to see if it glitches?" :damn:

Yup, I also got the a-team problem. Yay. I'm hoping they will be releasing Supergirl soon. I played through the Fantastic Beasts story and I missed two minikits and Madeline in Perril because I don't have Supergirl. Yay.

On a lighter note, the ET world is really well done. I expected it to be a throwaway license, but I watched the movie right before entering the world and it's incredibly accurate. There's quests and details based off stuff that got seconds of screen time or one line! 

Also, Keys comment about Roswell during his quest was hilarious. :laugh: 

I almost shed a tear when I saw that Target flyer for Black Friday in the US.... $10 off all Dimensions packs :cry_sad: That means funpacks are $5... I don't know if you know this but hear in Canada they're $15......... AMERICANSSS :angry:

16 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I almost shed a tear when I saw that Target flyer for Black Friday in the US.... $10 off all Dimensions packs :cry_sad: That means funpacks are $5... I don't know if you know this but hear in Canada they're $15......... AMERICANSSS :angry:

Ya, I know! And haven't really been seeing a whole lot for Black Friday stuff here. (at least not yet, anyway)

Well our packs might be on sale, but they're not any less glitchy than yours! 

Last night, after...five hours...I updated the newest, er, update and in the process I was forced to update my Adventure Time pack as well. Which long story short, it deleted the progress I had made in its open world since the previous updated a few days earlier (you now, when I finally got all 28 gold bricks, because that's how the universe works! :hmpf:). 

Long story long: I got stuck in some sort of loop after this latest "patch" update. Fearful that I had lost my complete progress I attempted to enter the AT world though its portal. However, it kept asking me to update the pack first. If I declined to do so, it just shot me back out and wouldn't even let me enter the world. Then if I said screw it and attempted to update--it couldn't find an update. Many frustrating hours and PS3 shut downs later, it finally found the update...and then after one 20 minute failed attempt and another 25 minute success attempt, it downloaded the pack update and it then happily deleted a chunk of my progress. :hmpf_bad:  

Really I'm starting to loose faith in Dimensions, to be honest. When they're forcing you to delete your own progress just to update and even play the game, it gets really hard to see the merits of this game system. Also they didn't fix the failed power thing I've been talking about which is still terribly annoying.

On the plus side though, I think the update may have messed up my visual setting--in a good way. Everything seems to be moving smoother, and the screen itself is far more dynamic. I can move the view around very far in every direction. Not sure what's up with that, but at this point I'll take what I can get. :shrug_oh_well: 

Got some year two packs and will probably finish off the collection on Black Friday... I haven't played since year one, and now I'm terrified to update. Do any XBox 360 users have the same issues? Thanks.

1 hour ago, legozebra said:

Got some year two packs and will probably finish off the collection on Black Friday... I haven't played since year one, and now I'm terrified to update. Do any XBox 360 users have the same issues? Thanks.

Check and make sure you have plenty of room on your hard drive .  If not buy a USB flash drive . That was the only problem I encountered. 

17 minutes ago, eric87 said:

Check and make sure you have plenty of room on your hard drive .  If not buy a USB flash drive . That was the only problem I encountered. 

Thanks - I have several around the house I could repurpose for Dimensions. Glad there's no widespread game save loss issues

Has anyone else experienced a massive decrease in plastic quality with these figures? My brand new Harry Potter, Jake, B.A., and Sonic all have cracks in their arms for no discernible reason. Some of these I've only had for a few days. I'm not talking about small cracks either, I mean that their arms have literally split open down the middle. It's really frustrating. 

12 hours ago, Speedza-Demon said:

Has anyone else experienced a massive decrease in plastic quality with these figures? My brand new Harry Potter, Jake, B.A., and Sonic all have cracks in their arms for no discernible reason. Some of these I've only had for a few days. I'm not talking about small cracks either, I mean that their arms have literally split open down the middle. It's really frustrating. 

Had that exact issue with most of my Year 1 figures and even bricks, all from Target. Dunno what's causing it...

14 hours ago, eric87 said:

Man... started downloading everything a few hours ago and it's still going. Was hoping to get some hours in tonight, but they were spent updating... :(

Alright, it just finished downloading and I started playing. After doing one Battle Arena round, the game crashes every time I want to play it again. I've tried six or seven times now, and the game just white screens whenever the vortex animation ends to start the arena... pretty disappointing they stopped working after one try. :(

Edited by legozebra

22 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Well our packs might be on sale, but they're not any less glitchy than yours! 

Last night, after...five hours...I updated the newest, er, update and in the process I was forced to update my Adventure Time pack as well. Which long story short, it deleted the progress I had made in its open world since the previous updated a few days earlier (you now, when I finally got all 28 gold bricks, because that's how the universe works! :hmpf:). 

Long story long: I got stuck in some sort of loop after this latest "patch" update. Fearful that I had lost my complete progress I attempted to enter the AT world though its portal. However, it kept asking me to update the pack first. If I declined to do so, it just shot me back out and wouldn't even let me enter the world. Then if I said screw it and attempted to update--it couldn't find an update. Many frustrating hours and PS3 shut downs later, it finally found the update...and then after one 20 minute failed attempt and another 25 minute success attempt, it downloaded the pack update and it then happily deleted a chunk of my progress. :hmpf_bad:  

Really I'm starting to loose faith in Dimensions, to be honest. When they're forcing you to delete your own progress just to update and even play the game, it gets really hard to see the merits of this game system. Also they didn't fix the failed power thing I've been talking about which is still terribly annoying.

On the plus side though, I think the update may have messed up my visual setting--in a good way. Everything seems to be moving smoother, and the screen itself is far more dynamic. I can move the view around very far in every direction. Not sure what's up with that, but at this point I'll take what I can get. :shrug_oh_well: 

Please write them a ticket and complain and let them know that it is still happening. I wrote them a second time asking them what assurance can they give me that if I start playing now, come February will my progress be saved and they never responded. 

7 hours ago, legozebra said:

Had that exact issue with most of my Year 1 figures and even bricks, all from Target. Dunno what's causing it...

Man... started downloading everything a few hours ago and it's still going. Was hoping to get some hours in tonight, but they were spent updating... :(

Alright, it just finished downloading and I started playing. After doing one Battle Arena round, the game crashes every time I want to play it again. I've tried six or seven times now, and the game just white screens whenever the vortex animation ends to start the arena... pretty disappointing they stopped working after one try. :(

It's probably Target's shelf quality and the bricks cracking from lack of air.