TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

27 minutes ago, the fixer said:

Downloaded and installed the big update for PS4 yesterday night, ready for the new sets!

Then this morning I wanted to go to that console in the game HUB where you could choose which worlds you wanted do download... Couldn't find it... Wasn't there.

I specifically remembered there was such a menu for the start of Year 2 'cos I downloaded the A-Team world there seperately. Thought it was a good idea to be able to download only the worlds you wanted to play and not clutter the HD unnecessarily.

What gives? Were all new worlds downloaded in the last update anyway or what?

AAANYWAY... Going to look for the new stuff in stores today. Yaaay!

Go to options and select additional content. You still have to download new content (worlds an levels).

2 hours ago, Krulis said:

Go to options and select additional content. You still have to download new content (worlds an levels).

Yeah, you're right... Thanks for the help, man! Downloading right now... :D

But so if the new worlds are still seperate downloads after all, I wonder what was in the big update I did yesterday... It was -like- 7 Gig or something... Some patch!... ;)

18 minutes ago, the fixer said:

Yeah, you're right... Thanks for the help, man! Downloading right now... :D

But so if the new worlds are still seperate downloads after all, I wonder what was in the big update I did yesterday... It was -like- 7 Gig or something... Some patch!... ;)

Always happy to help. 

I suspect that the big update made wave 7 characters playable and maybe fixed some bugs.

12 hours ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Thought #5: The Lantern construct pad is needed to get a minikit, so I guess that confirms the general public will have access to either Supergirl or another Lantern at some point in the future. At least logically. Right?

Where and what level? :look:

Edited by Ashnflash

22 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

One of Fantastic Beasts levels, in secret Flash area.

Edited by Krulis

1 hour ago, LuigiBobLegoPants said:

Is anyone having problems with Marceline's tag? It always reads as a blank toy tag. :cry_sad:

It seems there is a widespread error that's affecting the Marceline tags in America (but not Canada and UK, apparently).

I bought the Sonic set yesterday (after the third shop I visited finally had it) and although I'm not where my console is right now, I love the figure already! So much nostalgia! I can't wait to see what classic levels they incorporated into the level (and adventure world and battle arena). :classic:

Ya I'm not having any problems with Marcy.. That's too bad. 

Also anyone else see this in the Sonic Trailer? 

LEGO Dimensions Unknown Adventure World

Where is this? I'm thinking either the buildings in the back is Jump City from TTG, maybe it's the PPG world or perhaps it's the beach in LEGO City. Or it could just be Sonic, but I haven't visited the world yet. 

Edited by Ashnflash

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

Ya I'm not having any problems with Marcy.. That's too bad. 

Also anyone else see this in the Sonic Trailer? 

Where is this? I'm thinking either the buildings in the back is Jump City from TTG, maybe it's the PPG world or perhaps it's the beach in LEGO City. Or it could just be Sonic, but I haven't visited the world yet. 

It's part of the Sonic level if I remeber corectly.

Last night I picked up for my PS3 Sonic and ET, and this morning I grabbed Gremlins. So far, my experience with Year 2 wave 2 is...less than stellar? Aside from not even being able to play until afternoon Saturday (because of the hours long updates--parents must hate that!), there seems to be a significant number of bugs and quirks. The Sonic level played fine, but the open worlds are a mess. Puzzles not working; car chargers freaking out; and one particularly nasty bug continually happened where suddenly my characters could no longer fly and/or their abilities stopped working. I wasn't even able to drop the TARDIS in to help; it just got stuck mid-portaling. 

Worst of all, I found that some of the updates seem to overwrite the previous downloads--entirely. I've not picked up Fantastic Beasts yet, but when the game prompted me to update Harry Potter now, I said fine, I already spent the day downloading so what the hell. Well it turns out that update completely wiped all my progress of the HP open world; gold bricks, purchases, and all. :damn: 

On the plus side, Sonic the character is spectacular. It's impossible to describe how truly fast he is--all I can say is that racing for gold bricks has never been easier! :laugh:

1 minute ago, goalieboy82 said:

i think this would be a good set (idea)

Blakes 7 eh? I've heard of that show, it's a bit of a cult hit in terms of BBC sci-fi shows. Not as big as Doctor Who but it's certainly got it's fans of the show.

1 minute ago, Starscream759 said:

Blakes 7 eh? I've heard of that show, it's a bit of a cult hit in terms of BBC sci-fi shows. Not as big as Doctor Who but it's certainly got it's fans of the show.

Terry Nation created the show.  

also

this would be great too:

Image result for hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

Edited by goalieboy82

9 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

i think this would be a good set (idea)

-snip-

4 minutes ago, goalieboy82 said:

Terry Nation created the show.  

also

this would be great too:

-snip-

Kay guys chill out this is not an ideas thread so please stop. 

23 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

Last night I picked up for my PS3 Sonic and ET, and this morning I grabbed Gremlins. So far, my experience with Year 2 wave 2 is...less than stellar? Aside from not even being able to play until afternoon Saturday (because of the hours long updates--parents must hate that!), there seems to be a significant number of bugs and quirks. The Sonic level played fine, but the open worlds are a mess. Puzzles not working; car chargers freaking out; and one particularly nasty bug continually happened where suddenly my characters could no longer fly and/or their abilities stopped working. I wasn't even able to drop the TARDIS in to help; it just got stuck mid-portaling. 

Worst of all, I found that some of the updates seem to overwrite the previous downloads--entirely. I've not picked up Fantastic Beasts yet, but when the game prompted me to update Harry Potter now, I said fine, I already spent the day downloading so what the hell. Well it turns out that update completely wiped all my progress of the HP open world; gold bricks, purchases, and all. :damn: 

On the plus side, Sonic the character is spectacular. It's impossible to describe how truly fast he is--all I can say is that racing for gold bricks has never been easier! :laugh:

PS3 RIGHT!??! When you hold down X to fly nothing happens right? And same for holding down SQUARE to aim??? Ugggg I hate it, besides all the new characters being awesome, all of Year 2 has not been a good experience :hmpf_bad: 

And that thing about it restarting your HP world... I think I might have done an update for the Adventure Time world because of Marcy.... :cry3:

Edited by Ashnflash

My Tina and Gremlins Amazon pre-orders are delayed at least another week... :sceptic:

Then I plan to get MI and Green Arrow on Black Friday at Gamestop and the new Story Pack sometime after I see the movie.

This afternoon after completing my downloads I went to load my past saved progress and everything had been over written.  One whole year of game progress lost.  I called customer service and they told me it's a widespread issue, multiple people have had the same problem and they are working on a solution.  I can't see how they can bring back lost data on my local drive.  I think they are stalling for a cohesive excuse.  They did follow up with an email that says we are sorry you lost "some" progress.  Uhhh-umm I don't consider a year's worth of game play "some' progress.  I'm really not impressed with their matter of fact handling of the on-going quality issues.  I play on Playstation 4 if anyone was wondering...  I'm not aware of a format where they will communicate their resolution or lack of one.  I would appreciate for folks to post anything they find out and it would be much appreciate if Eurobricks made a topic like this front page news for LEGO to respond to directly.

1 hour ago, SFmuscle73 said:

This afternoon after completing my downloads I went to load my past saved progress and everything had been over written.  One whole year of game progress lost.  I called customer service and they told me it's a widespread issue, multiple people have had the same problem and they are working on a solution.  I can't see how they can bring back lost data on my local drive.  I think they are stalling for a cohesive excuse.  They did follow up with an email that says we are sorry you lost "some" progress.  Uhhh-umm I don't consider a year's worth of game play "some' progress.  I'm really not impressed with their matter of fact handling of the on-going quality issues.  I play on Playstation 4 if anyone was wondering...  I'm not aware of a format where they will communicate their resolution or lack of one.  I would appreciate for folks to post anything they find out and it would be much appreciate if Eurobricks made a topic like this front page news for LEGO to respond to directly.

I had the exact same issue on XBOX 360. On the bright side, my corrupted save from July is working.

To those having trouble with game tags, is it on every part of the pad it doesn't work, or just one section? I just put on the game because I was worried about my progress being deleted like some of you guys have had (luckily it's fine) and can't get characters to work on the left hand section, they work on the right and middle just not the left. Wondered if that was what was causing some of your problems?

EDIT: never mind, turns out I now know why it says not to put it on a metal suffice, I lifted the game pad and Legolas and Doc Brown popped up.

Edited by Hulk_Smash

The Dutch version of Shop@Lego don't seem to list the Fantastic Beast storypack any more... They did last week when you weren't able to order yet, but now it seems to have disappeared...

I'm so confused about that video.... That site was one of the first sites reporting that Hermione was going to come with the Hippogriff... We also have known for months that she was coming, the Meet that Hero 'officially' confirmed that we were getting her... And we knew that Goonies was a level pack.....

Anyways, that Bone Organ though looks really awesome!! 

I also just watched a video about Marcy's interactions with characters and her and LSP go back and forth exchanging lines 4 times!!!!

So I got the 8 hour update done for Wii U :hmpf_bad:

Wait times are nearly four times as long, and characters and vehicles load times take an eternity when placing them on the toy pad.

The games is also so large now, that I had to put all the game data on an external USB.

Anyone else experiencing this? Is it because the data is in an external drive?