TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

10 minutes ago, coronaking said:

Cool, thanks! I wonder what the character will be. Maybe Kevin with his motorcycle. Or Holtzman, if only because she was awesome! :wink:

My guess would be Rowan's Ghost.

2 hours ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

There is no way in hell they go for Rowan's ghost, of all things, before any of the other ghostbusters.

Eh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. There's a certain logic to having ANYONE other than the Ghostbusters, since they're all playable through Abby. I'd wager the likeliest choices are Kevin or Rowan's ghost. But who knows? We still don't have solid proof of the set's existence anyway.

15 hours ago, Cult_Of_Skaro said:

I would be very happy if it is Rowan's Ghost, and will eat my hat gladly if that is the case. But it does seem somewhat unlikely to me.

I don't see why Rowan's Ghost is unlikely. He is the main antagonist of Ghostbusters (2016) and would make for a cool minifigure that could operate in the same way as Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

6 hours ago, npgcole said:

Interesting. Wonder if we could get a Ron Fun Pack later down the line then with the Knight Bus?

Oh my god there's just no other way of getting 100% for the new content that I have already because of the fact that I require Abby Yates for The A-Team and Adventure Time worlds. But there's no way I'm gonna invest money on a story pack for a film that I don't really have any interest in watching. It's like I can't win either way.

45 minutes ago, Starscream759 said:

Oh my god there's just no other way of getting 100% for the new content that I have already because of the fact that I require Abby Yates for The A-Team and Adventure Time worlds. But there's no way I'm gonna invest money on a story pack for a film that I don't really have any interest in watching. It's like I can't win either way.

Kind of annoying, ain't it? :tongue: 

Just now, rob-ot5000 said:

Kind of annoying, ain't it? :tongue: 

Oh god I know right? I mean I would get it just so I can get this over with but the damn thing costs £32  on Amazon plus I want the Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them Story Pack over it cuz I reckon it's gonna be a better movie than the reboot of Ghostbusters at least in my opinion but can't get the latter just yet because it's not out yet. And there are so many reasons why I won't buy it:

1 I have to build the Lego gateway for it and that it includes replacing the gateway I have for the starter pack and I already think that's gonna be a hassle for me to build anyway.

2 The Ghostbusters Reboot is something that I've avoided because of the controversy and it feels so stupid that I have to buy a story pack that I don't want to buy yet it's necessary if I want to get 100% for the Adventure worlds I already have.

3 It's the freaking reboot to Ghostbusters! Do I even need to say anything more about this? The movie is already polarising enough as it is, I don't wanna go and spend my money on something that's based on a movie that's just essentially a female hand me down version of Ghostbusters. And I'm not gonna go into a rant about it because there's really no point in doing that because there's already been thousands of people ranting about said movie and I don't wanna become one of those people that have. I mean there's plenty of other franchises that are being represented in Lego Dimensions that I have more interest for than this movie and I feel that I should spend my money on other characters than Abby Yates.

@Starscream759

I hear ya, mate. I don't think I feel the same way as you do about the film (I saw it, it was okay-ish), but I still don't really wanna drop all of that money on a playthrough of a movie I didn't care about just to access some abilities that are otherwise inaccessible. Speaking of which, my least favorite pack is the Jurassic World one. I had ZERO interest in that movie or pack, but that was the only way to get the vine-cutting ability. Except now Finn can cut vines. D'oh!

But hey, if you ever break down and buy it, but can't be bothered to rebuild the portal, just send me the bricks :wink: 

19 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

@Starscream759

I hear ya, mate. I don't think I feel the same way as you do about the film (I saw it, it was okay-ish), but I still don't really wanna drop all of that money on a playthrough of a movie I didn't care about just to access some abilities that are otherwise inaccessible. Speaking of which, my least favorite pack is the Jurassic World one. I had ZERO interest in that movie or pack, but that was the only way to get the vine-cutting ability. Except now Finn can cut vines. D'oh!

But hey, if you ever break down and buy it, but can't be bothered to rebuild the portal, just send me the bricks :wink: 

Jurassic World was actually a really enjoyable film.  I don't really like the idea of the new Ghostbusters movie getting such a big role in Dimensions.  There are so many others that would be better for it.  I mean, I can understand it getting its own Adventure World, but to have the whole big set it got, that was a bit too much.  I'd much sooner buy an Adventure Time pack of the same scale, for example.

16 hours ago, koalayummies said:

No but you did anyway.

You basically just did. When one says that the new Ghostbusters is 'controversial' and 'polarizing' and that they want nothing to do with because of that they are either willingly or inadvertently emboldening and giving credence to that manufactured controversy, or they agree with that fake controversy (sexism, fat shaming and racism) and subsequently telling volumes about oneself. Given the basis and underlying reasons of that 'controversy' its rather sad to avoid it without even giving it a chance. 

It's no oscar winning film, but to avoid it because of what a group of intolerant people who only feel comfortable saying what they're saying because of the anonymity of the internet hands them a victory. 

Okay let's be clear on this: I didn't once refer to the issues of said controversy nor did I talk about said controversy at length. I only MENTIONED how the movie is polarising because of it's mixed reception. The only reason I mentioned the controversy is because of it's reputation it has ONLINE. It's got nothing to do with my opinions at all. That would've implied that I HAD an opinion on the movie itself which I don't have because I haven't seen the movie. There's a difference between being indifferent to a film rather than hating it as a whole. Look I respect your opinion if you like the film or not but this is not the point I was going on with my reasons, the point is I didn't want to buy the Story Pack is because I can't 100% the content I already have because Abby Yates has abilities that only she has to complete parts of the A-Team and Adventure Time worlds in order to get 100% which requires me buying on something that I'm not interested in.

Edited by Starscream759

does anyone know how to get the Gizmo or Sonic characters to work on the ps4? says needs update but game is on latest update.. is it because they arent out yet?

1 hour ago, terryfay1983 said:

does anyone know how to get the Gizmo or Sonic characters to work on the ps4? says needs update but game is on latest update.. is it because they arent out yet?

They didnt put the packs out yet so they didnt release the update... How did you get sonic?

thought that would be the case.

friend of mine had a few of them for sale. i wasnt really bothered about sonic but i had a youtube of his level and its pretty cool

28 minutes ago, terryfay1983 said:

thought that would be the case.

friend of mine had a few of them for sale. i wasnt really bothered about sonic but i had a youtube of his level and its pretty cool

How did your friend get Sonic? :wink:

31 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

How did your friend get Sonic? :wink:

i have no idea tbh. i think he was at a show as a trader at the weekend.. maybe from there?

6 hours ago, terryfay1983 said:

i have no idea tbh. i think he was at a show as a trader at the weekend.. maybe from there?

I got mine from eBay without the base, but there might be some that comes with it on there.