TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Just now, SFmuscle73 said:

Has anyone had the following problem?  After downloading Y2 & playing w/ some of the new characters, all the characters’ weapons that they either shoot or are thrown have reversed.  What I mean by this is if I have to aim for something in the sky, than on my game controller I have to press on the down button.  How it used to work is that when aiming for something in the sky I would press the up button on the game controller.  My workaround is that I am learning to press the opposite direction when I have to shoot or throw, but it’s really annoying workaround in the end.

Yeah, I had that problem. There is an option (sorry I don't remember exactly where!) in the options screen that allows you to change that back.

7 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

Thats not how things work.
They cant just put a string of code in a update that makes it download and install in one minute. 

These are large files so they download in compressed packages then uncompressand install

Damn, I wish technology was better.

1 hour ago, npgcole said:

Wave 8, (which I assume will be Goonies and LEGO City,) releases in March, and Wave 9 will include Teen Titans Go, Powerpuff Girls, and Beetlejuice. The Powerfuff Girls will have moulded heads.

http://nzgamer.com/features/1491/lego-dimensions-interview-with-doug-heder.html

First I'm hearing of Lego City. Anyone know what we are getting?

10 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

In 2013 a Wii-U exclusive was released called Lego City Undercover. It's about a cop named Chase McCain who returns to Lego City to stop Rex Fury. So to answer your question, we're getting Chase McCain in a pack for wave 8.

9 minutes ago, The EthStu said:

In 2013 a Wii-U exclusive was released called Lego City Undercover. It's about a cop named Chase McCain who returns to Lego City to stop Rex Fury. So to answer your question, we're getting Chase McCain in a pack for wave 8.

Oh, my bad, I forgot about that. Thanks!

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

This is pretty much what we're getting. 

ChaseMcCainPromo.jpg

Edited by Ashnflash

Yes, but i assume we will also get an adventure world of Lego City no? And if so, it is fun to speculate just what it will look like.

I mean, LCU was probably THE best Lego game ever made, so i am personally hoping for a pretty big world that kinda captures that feeling and also have some of it's gameplay elements as well... God that was game was so awesome!!

Yes it will have an adventure world. But I doubt that it will be anything near the size of the one from the other game or other LEGO games.

I got Jake and LSP team pack today and I love it. Might be my favourite Dimensions set so far. Both figs and builds are great (BMO is so cute). Vechicles are fun to use (in ywar 2 upgrades finaly feel unique) and both characters are extremly useful  (Jake is just awesome) and the adventure world is propably best I've seen in game yet. I love the show so being able to explore so many locations was amazing. Also Tardis area is fantastic (I'm not going to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet).

I still have to do a lot there (about 20 gold bricks still left) so yay for me. :laugh:

Just today I got my Harry Potter Team Pack and I've now collected 8 gold bricks, restored 4 areas, seen the sights it's all good on my end. Now I can use Harry along with Voldermort to complete the rest of the stuff in the Adventure Time world that I never got to do that required them that is.

Weird... really weird thought.

What if, due to the Wii U's unfortunate sales numbers, Lego (or whoever is in charge of production decisions) decided that Lego City:Undercover would no longer be a console exclusive, and would instead be released as a Story Pack in Dimensions.

It's a stretch, yes. But that would be interesting.

9 minutes ago, Penkid11 said:

What if, due to the Wii U's unfortunate sales numbers, Lego (or whoever is in charge of production decisions) decided that Lego City:Undercover would no longer be a console exclusive, and would instead be released as a Story Pack in Dimensions.

I don't think it's gonna happen. We know for a fact that Chase is not in a story pack.

2 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Would be a good way to expose more people to the greatness that is LCU, BUT i don't think it's gonna happen either. Besides, LCU alone is a reason to own a Wii U as far as i am concerned so... get on it people that like Lego Games :)

10 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

That could be cool but firstly, I don't know if it would even work as a story pack (which sound episodic in nature rather than open world like LCU), and secondly, I don't know if it's feasible seeing as LCU was actually published by Nintendo.

What I'm hoping for is something that follows up on LCU, possibly including City sets and subthemes that weren't around for the original game like Swamp Police, Arctic, Deep Sea Explorers, and so forth.

You can really tell when these guys care about an IP. I bought the Adventure Time packs and the Ghostbusters story pack, and dear lord. All the Adventure Time stuff is such a perfect love letter to the show with details and touches that were totally unnecessary but absolutely wonderful, from Finn's swords, to the music, to the characters, everything they could've done with it, they did. The Ghostbusters stuff, on the other hand, really just feels like they watched the movie once and thought "Eh, they'll probably like it if we mention wantons or something". It really feels like one they made out of necessity and not passion, which is understandable but disappointing. 

The Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go portals look really nice, so much so that I'm not dreading their inclusion quite so much. Is Cyborg able to access the TTG world right now or will that not be available until the TTG packs come out?

13 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

The Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans Go portals look really nice, so much so that I'm not dreading their inclusion quite so much. Is Cyborg able to access the TTG world right now or will that not be available until the TTG packs come out?

No, he isn't able to do that now.

Hello guys. Do you know if you need the aquaman figure for the 100%? I'm now completing all the worlds, and you don't need a lot of other figures because i bought all the figures from year two. The only exclusive abillity is still atlantis. But is this doable with the rent a figure option in the game?

3 minutes ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Hello guys. Do you know if you need the aquaman figure for the 100%? I'm now completing all the worlds, and you don't need a lot of other figures because i bought all the figures from year two. The only exclusive abillity is still atlantis. But is this doable with the rent a figure option in the game?

Yes, you need Aquaman for the Atlantis pools.

6 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

I have the Aquaman figure, but you should be able to get all his goldbricks via hire-a-hero.

Year 2 seems very buggy compared to Year 1.  Was playing adventure time today and the game crashed multiple times at the part where I had to jump on the pie to get to the villain and the end of the bridge in the next segment when I was chasing after the villain.  Had to try many times to clear the story mode.  The game hardly crashed for me in year 1.  I am using PS4.

1 hour ago, Tom Bombadil said:

Year 2 seems very buggy compared to Year 1.  Was playing adventure time today and the game crashed multiple times at the part where I had to jump on the pie to get to the villain and the end of the bridge in the next segment when I was chasing after the villain.  Had to try many times to clear the story mode.  The game hardly crashed for me in year 1.  I am using PS4.

That is very disappointing to hear, i am still hopeful they're gonna patch it though right?

19 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

That is very disappointing to hear, i am still hopeful they're gonna patch it though right?

I hope so too.  My kids enjoying the year 2 content especially Adventure Time.  It will be a shame if the game is ruined by technical glitches.  We still have year 3 to go...