TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Got both Adventure Time packs today! The level was absolutely amazing, they snuck in references I got and I barely even watched the show! Very worth the money and the minifigss and build are just great.

What is not great, though, is the TWO HOUR UPDATE DOWNLOAD. TWO HOURS. That's absolutely ridiculous and awful. 

6 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Got both Adventure Time packs today! The level was absolutely amazing, they snuck in references I got and I barely even watched the show! Very worth the money and the minifigss and build are just great.

What is not great, though, is the TWO HOUR UPDATE DOWNLOAD. TWO HOURS. That's absolutely ridiculous and awful. 

I hear ya! I downloaded things ahead of time, so that when I came home with my AT packs (all I got so far), I could jump right in. But when I went to load, there was that 10 GB update, plus updates for each additional level I had downloaded. Frustrating, indeed.

As for the content, I have mixed feelings. Of course I thought it should have been longer, but I think that of most of them. The adventure world wasn't quite as in depth as I was hoping, either. Like the TARDIS spot. The destination was definitely cool to see, but man, the area was so small, it seemed like a real missed opportunity. I won't complain too much overall though, since I really enjoyed a mash-up of two of my favorite things.

The figures are all pretty sweet. I can't wait to build some sort of strange body for Jake. We need Ms. Marvel's new wacky arms in his color. In fact, my only disappointment with the figures are Finn's legs. I appreciate the dual-molding, I really do, but I think it would have looked a bit better if it had been molded in the darker colors with the flesh color printed on top. I know the flesh bit wouldn't look quite as good, but as it is, if you pose him with any space between the legs, the bright base color of the flesh tone is really jarring. Small complaint though to get Adventure Time figs, as I'm a huge fan of the show.

I'm getting quite close to hitting 100% for Season 1 content, and I'm looking forward to more of Season 2. Next up is probably Harry Potter and He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named..

So did they take audio from the Ghostbusters movie for the dialog in the cutscenes, or did they use some and get different actors for different people? I'm really confused. 

24 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I like to think Olivander is a fob-watched War Doctor living on Earth. :laugh: 

I still haven't watched Day of the Doctor really. Then again I don't really many episodes of Season 7 left anyway. But yeah I got the reference it's pretty much a reference to John Hurt playing Mr Ollivander in the movies basically.

Edited by Starscream759

2 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

You really need to see Day of the Doctor. It's amazing.

At some point in the future I will. But for now I'm currently going to get my Harry Potter Team Pack and I'm not gonna wait another minute to try out the Adventure World for said Pack once I have it.

Went on to give Dimensions another go and I'm greeted by a 32 minute update download not including the time to install. COME ON :angry: (I miss the rage emoji)

Oh also, nice reference! I thought about Lord Vortech stopping by the Wizarding world and meeting Sirius or even some joke about Batman and Gordon :grin:

Edited by Ashnflash

4 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Well, these updates won't be a regular thing, right? At most once a year?

You mean once a month........ Everytime something new is added we'll need it. Every new IP, every new character, every new level. 

15 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

You mean once a month........ Everytime something new is added we'll need it. Every new IP, every new character, every new level. 

Ohhh, that sounds very annoying. And I imagine if you don't update in two months it would be worse.

I've come across an annoying bug on XBOX 360. Once in a while when I would try use Finns' sword lever, He'll just stand there or run in place. Anyone else having this problem?

Edited by The EthStu

13 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Picture of Sloth from Goonies

Oh my Glob, he looks really cool. I wish he had the short sleeves, but whatever. How'd you get this?

EDIT: I just noticed that Lego Dimensions has this picture on their Twitter account.

Edited by Captain Nemo
Please don't quote Pictures

Hey I made a random discovery. Just for fun when I was doing the MI level I put on the Jurassic World Ball thing when it asked to save the Toy Tag for the MI motorcycle and it actually worked. Just thought I'd share.

Also Sloth looks sick! And the tag too looks pretty awesome!

17 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't know why they can't make it a one minute update.

Thats not how things work.
They cant just put a string of code in a update that makes it download and install in one minute. 

These are large files so they download in compressed packages then uncompressand install

14 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Hey I made a random discovery. Just for fun when I was doing the MI level I put on the Jurassic World Ball thing when it asked to save the Toy Tag for the MI motorcycle and it actually worked. Just thought I'd share.

Also Sloth looks sick! And the tag too looks pretty awesome!

Yeah, the disks aren't unique, and you can save whatever you want on them...

I got my Supergirl this morning, downloaded the update, and started up the game. Everything was going fine, but then when I was exploring The Shard, Supergirl randomly disappeared in the game, and I couldn't get her to come back in, even though I moved her to other spots on the toy pad, and my other characters still work just fine. Does anybody know what might be causing this issue? She just completely randomly vanished from the game. :sceptic:

18 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

I got my Supergirl this morning, downloaded the update, and started up the game. Everything was going fine, but then when I was exploring The Shard, Supergirl randomly disappeared in the game, and I couldn't get her to come back in, even though I moved her to other spots on the toy pad, and my other characters still work just fine. Does anybody know what might be causing this issue? She just completely randomly vanished from the game. :sceptic:

Have you tried re-starting the game? I've had this happen once before, before the year 2 update and all I had to do was cross into the next room within the level I was in. But re-starting it should work too.

58 minutes ago, Legomaster34 said:

Same thing happened to me when I was going through the Ghostbusters levels. Everytime I would switch to one of the Ghostbusters they'd disappear. I finished the level and then the game crashed. But when I came back I didn't have any problems with them anymore. 

I did restart the game, and she still didn't appear when I put her on. (I actually had a similar issue with the Portal Turret when I first used that, and it stopped after I completed the level.) However I didn't do very much after the restart, just stood around on Vorton, so maybe I'll try again later and actually play a level or something. Thanks for the advice!

Has anyone had the following problem?  After downloading Y2 & playing w/ some of the new characters, all the characters’ weapons that they either shoot or are thrown have reversed.  What I mean by this is if I have to aim for something in the sky, than on my game controller I have to press on the down button.  How it used to work is that when aiming for something in the sky I would press the up button on the game controller.  My workaround is that I am learning to press the opposite direction when I have to shoot or throw, but it’s really annoying workaround in the end.