TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Alright screw Year 2. Every time I finish a Level for Ghostbusters it freezes and I have to restart the whole system :angry:

4 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

Alright screw Year 2. Every time I finish a Level for Ghostbusters it freezes and I have to restart the whole system :angry:

What system are you playing on?

PS3. So I hit the 6th and final level of the Pack and of course it crashed so I've given up. 5 times it's crashed just transitioning, crashed more times during the level too. 

Maybe Wave 10 will be a surprise return for some of the Year One franchises?

Doctor Who: Missy Fun Pack

The Simpsons: Lisa and Marge Team Pack

Scooby-Doo: Daphne Fun Pack

Jurassic World: Claire Dearing Fun Pack

4 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

:wall:

This forum seems very buggy, often repeating the same things over and over and over...

Some news to cheer the disillusioned up; since the update, Supergirl won't change into Red Lantern, meaning she is just Superman without 'Freeze Breath'. As I'm in UK, I'm waiting for my preordered year 2 stuff to arrive from scAmazon and have only used her in year 1 content so far, so I don't know if it will be accessible in the new stuff. If not, I hope they fix it before wave 7 and not wait, like they did with some wave 1 issues last year...

So i've read on another forum that apparently Mr. T is NOT the voice of B.A. Barracus? Is that true? Who is voicing him then and what's the point if it's not him?

16 minutes ago, Darth Wayne said:

So i've read on another forum that apparently Mr. T is NOT the voice of B.A. Barracus? Is that true? Who is voicing him then and what's the point if it's not him?

If it isn't him, it's one hell of a good impersonator from what I've seen of LEGO Dimensions videos featuring B.A. Baracus.

6 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

Doubt it since they said they didn't plan on going back to the old franchises. Don't get me wrong, I'd love some more BTTF stuff.

16 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

Doubt it since they said they didn't plan on going back to the old franchises. Don't get me wrong, I'd love some more BTTF stuff.

They could have been lying to keep it secret - if they said they were going to return to old franchises, it wouldn't be a surprise. As for Back to the Future: I love those films but I don't see what more packs they could viably do. Maybe Biff Tannen could be feasible at a push but even he likely wouldn't have the draw of Doc and Marty.

2 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They could have been lying to keep it secret - if they said they were going to return to old franchises, it wouldn't be a surprise. As for Back to the Future: I love those films but I don't see what more packs they could viably do. Maybe Biff Tannen could be feasible at a push but even he likely wouldn't have the draw of Doc and Marty.

That sounds a bit like wishful thinking. :tongue: I won't be holding my breath.

I should get Jake and LSP Team Pack next week. I just hope everything will work fine (with wave 6 in general I've seen a lot complaining about toy tags not working).

16 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

I wasn't really a fan of year one actually, the misrepresentation of the three main heroes (making Wyldstyle a mere emo/hipster girl and Gandalf a simple batty old man) was glaring and several other characters were relegated to cameos in their respective levels. That and the plot was pretty cliche with the DC world also pretty bad 

5 hours ago, Darth Wayne said:

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

If it isn't him, it's one hell of a good impersonator from what I've seen of LEGO Dimensions videos featuring B.A. Baracus.

Oh wow. And here I was thinking it was obvious that it wasn't him, ever since the first audio clip we heard. Maybe it's just me, but I don't even think he sounds as good as Jordan Peele, from Key and Peele. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I would have kind of super-loved that if Peele HAD done the voice.) Though it's entirely possible my memory of Mr. T.'s actual voice has been supplanted by false memories of a more parodic voice. I haven't seen that show in AGES.

20 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

I wasn't really a fan of year one actually, the misrepresentation of the three main heroes (making Wyldstyle a mere emo/hipster girl and Gandalf a simple batty old man) was glaring and several other characters were relegated to cameos in their respective levels. That and the plot was pretty cliche with the DC world also pretty bad 

Dang. I can see how you could feel that way, and I'll even concede your points, but I still enjoyed the heck out of it. Are you looking forward to Season 2?

16 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Oh wow. And here I was thinking it was obvious that it wasn't him, ever since the first audio clip we heard. Maybe it's just me, but I don't even think he sounds as good as Jordan Peele, from Key and Peele. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I would have kind of super-loved that if Peele HAD done the voice.) Though it's entirely possible my memory of Mr. T.'s actual voice has been supplanted by false memories of a more parodic voice. I haven't seen that show in AGES.

Dang. I can see how you could feel that way, and I'll even concede your points, but I still enjoyed the heck out of it. Are you looking forward to Season 2?

Yeah, I'm pretty interested in the HP world and TLBM stuff as well (that exclalibat is great and though it'll look brick-built I look forward to that hub world for an cool Gotham City). I am also interested to see the rest of the packs from the remaining franchises too. I apologise to anyone if I appeared grouchy I guess it just wasn't what I was hoping for after the high standard set by previous Lego games :classic:

1 hour ago, Duncan Young said:

I completely disagree. I thought Wyldstyle felt like a natural take on her character from The LEGO Movie. I don't know much about Lord of the Rings but isn't a 'batty old man' exactly who Gandalf is? His catchphrase is 'You shall not pass'! As for character cameos, what did you expect? If they focused too much on one character, fans of another license would have complained that s/he got too much time compared to another minifigure.

16 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I completely disagree. I thought Wyldstyle felt like a natural take on her character from The LEGO Movie. I don't know much about Lord of the Rings but isn't a 'batty old man' exactly who Gandalf is? His catchphrase is 'You shall not pass'! As for character cameos, what did you expect? If they focused too much on one character, fans of another license would have complained that s/he got too much time compared to another minifigure.

It was more so how annoying she was in just about everything she said, I didn't get that from the Lego Movie. I'm not asking for a focus on her, what I would've liked is if they made her as likeable as she was in TLM . I can understand Batman, he's been acting like a douche for four games, one of which he couldn't speak in so he's stuck there and not changing anytime soon. Gandalf is supposed to be a wise wizard and while it may be iconic he only said the phrase "You shall not pass!" once, to the Balrog. As for the cameos I mean there is a secondary focus on some like the Doctor or GlaDos, who appear fairly often throughout the game, while others barely say a word. Not to mention those awkwardly edited Simpsons scenes where it's so apparent that it's archive footage which, for the most part, doesn't even make sense.

21 minutes ago, Duncan Young said:

It was more so how annoying she was in just about everything she said, I didn't get that from the Lego Movie. I'm not asking for a focus on her, what I would've liked is if they made her as likeable as she was in TLM . I can understand Batman, he's been acting like a douche for four games, one of which he couldn't speak in so he's stuck there and not changing anytime soon. Gandalf is supposed to be a wise wizard and while it may be iconic he only said the phrase "You shall not pass!" once, to the Balrog. As for the cameos I mean there is a secondary focus on some like the Doctor or GlaDos, who appear fairly often throughout the game, while others barely say a word. Not to mention those awkwardly edited Simpsons scenes where it's so apparent that it's archive footage which, for the most part, doesn't even make sense.

I didn't find Wyldstyle annoying at all. Batman as you said was perfect for this version of Batman. Fair enough about GlaDos but I don't think the Doctor was in it any more than the others. He's only in the Doctor Who level at the beginning and the end. His next appearance isn't until the final battle with Lord Vortech. Also: the Simpsons segment is not their fault: Twentieth Century Fox wouldn't grant them access to any archive voice clips that don't contain the voice of Dan Castellana or Johnny Cash.

4 hours ago, mediumsnowman said:

I haven't heard Harry or Voldemort interact with any other characters... that's kinda lame.

I would imagine it would be hard to find sensible archive audio clips. They should have got Daniel Radcliffe and Ralph Fiennes in the studio to record new lines.

5 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I would imagine it would be hard to find sensible archive audio clips. They should have got Daniel Radcliffe and Ralph Fiennes in the studio to record new lines.

Daniel Radcliffe doesn't want to return to Harry Potter at the moment.

I'm happy with year two. The levels are bigger, and more abilities! I still needed Emmet, Unikitty, Legolas, Doc Brown and some other characters for the things for the 100%. But I got Green Arrow for free and Ethan Hunt and Harry potter and the Adventure time packs got all these abilities. So I only need Aquaman for his atlantis powers. Don't think any year 2 character will get that one. I'm so amazed that lumpy has rainbow powers :).

10 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That sounds very expensive for Lego.