TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Hi, all: I'm on Xbox One. Finally was able to download the five available DLCs last night. Question: is it only supposed to be five? Or is it six as there are six packs released? There was only one download for Adventure Time and it said it was the Adventure Time Level. Just wondered what you guys knew or thought. Thank you!

3 minutes ago, CommishGordon said:

Hi, all: I'm on Xbox One. Finally was able to download the five available DLCs last night. Question: is it only supposed to be five? Or is it six as there are six packs released? There was only one download for Adventure Time and it said it was the Adventure Time Level. Just wondered what you guys knew or thought. Thank you!

There is one DLC per frachise so both AT packs work after downloading that one DLC.

6 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

All that said, the Harry Potter world is perhaps one of the best open worlds in Dimensions. :thumbup: It seems truly massive, and it encompass the entirety of Hogwarts and huge swaths of the surrounding wizard area. I've only started to explore this particular feature, but the year two worlds seems to include a number of "interior" rooms, allowing you to go inside many buildings--however it also appears that these are one time entrances in a sense--you must complete the room fully otherwise you'll loose your progress in the room and have to start over again when you leave and return. It's also a truly inspired choice by the designers to set Hogwarts during the winter, which while not only looking spectacular, also sets it apart from most other Dimension worlds. This does lead to some funny quirks too, such as all the wizarding folk throwing snowballs at Voldemort when they move out of the view behind you.  

How many quests are there? Have any of the original cast returned for new voice work?

38 minutes ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

How many quests are there? Have any of the original cast returned for new voice work?

We know that the person who plays Hagrid reprised his role. 

Any one got a picture of this rowan in the game. I want to see how bad it is

-edit double post-

Edited by pittpenguin123

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

I don't know about everyone, but they don't all use the original actors. Dumbledore for sure has a new voice, while others with only a few lines use archive voices. 

Quests as in interior rooms--five or six? They're more like puzzle rooms than quests. Places like the Great Hall and the Chamber of Secrets. 

I have discovered in the process though that Voldemort is rather powerful. His Killing Curse area blast has no trouble decimating a dozen+ Death Eaters in one hit, which is rather cool. 

Just found out something really interesting while playing the new levels: you can still get Vorton Disco with only 480 gold bricks! I got my last few in the Adventure Time world and it still unlocked. Makes me think that there will definitely be something new for getting all 1,000+ gold bricks this time around.

I KNEW THOSE WEREN"T ALL THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS! Anyways I haven't been having the best experience with Wave 6. I've had 3 crashes in 10 minutes. Also just thought I'd let you know there is a Lantern pad for Supergirl to use to get one of the stud things. Which probably means she won't stay exclusive or we might see Green Lantern soon! 

Edit: IMPORTANT. This could be confirming something I'm not sure. But the new rope swinging ability can only be done by 4 people, Finn, Jake, Ethan and Jillian! It says it in the info and it has the picture of the Holtzmann with glasses. 

Edited by Ashnflash

24 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I KNEW THOSE WEREN"T ALL THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS! Anyways I haven't been having the best experience with Wave 6. I've had 3 crashes in 10 minutes. Also just thought I'd let you know there is a Lantern pad for Supergirl to use to get one of the stud things. Which probably means she won't stay exclusive or we might see Green Lantern soon! 

Edit: IMPORTANT. This could be confirming something I'm not sure. But the new rope swinging ability can only be done by 4 people, Finn, Jake, Ethan and Jillian! It says it in the info and it has the picture of the Holtzmann with glasses. 

Again, Jillian is playable through Abby Yates. So I highly doubt that she'll be released in a set down the road.

Had a chance to play with the Harry Potter team pack tonight. The Battle Arenas are fun (especially in four player, no CPU's) and the Adventure World is absolutely MASSIVE. 

My wallet has a bad feeling A-Team and Mission Impossible shall soon follow. :blush:

As much as I love the new content, I'm beginning to get pretty upset with the developers... I can't get 4 Gold Bricks in the Adventure Time World. Not because I don't have Raven or someone with a special ability, it's because they simply are not in the game. I turn on the Golden Homer Red Brick and I literally walk over to where it is and there's nothing there. Come on TT Games, I love you guys and all but at least put the content in. 

Edit: Game has now crashed at least over 10 times. The last time it went black, had to restart system went back in all my Ghostbusters Story Progress is gone. I'm beginning to hate the game and I don't feel like even playing it because it's so glitchy. 

Edited by Ashnflash

I wouldn't get too discouraged yet. Massive glitches have become increasingly common for DLC stuff in the past few years. It's kind of to be expected when your trying to shove a massive amount of new content into an old game. Eventually they'll patch everything and it'll be fine.

10 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

As much as I love the new content, I'm beginning to get pretty upset with the developers... I can't get 4 Gold Bricks in the Adventure Time World. Not because I don't have Raven or someone with a special ability, it's because they simply are not in the game. I turn on the Golden Homer Red Brick and I literally walk over to where it is and there's nothing there. Come on TT Games, I love you guys and all but at least put the content in. 

Are you at the correct height level? Perhaps they are underwater. Or they show up on the map but must be accessed through certain means, such as the TARDIS (which was a rather cool bonus area by the way).  

On glitches I've only had two so far. Once the game froze when I teleported to the Shard after complete the Adventure Time level, and another more serious one when I was in the A-Team world and I stopped a clothing store robbery and suddenly could not add (or successfully remove) any more characters--had to shut the game down completely on that one.

Incidentally does anyone else find it strange that one must essentially use two gateways to enter the new worlds--first you must teleport to the Shard and then to the new world. So far I've not found out how to just teleport directly to a new world without having to go through two load screens, even when using the main gateway. It seemed far quicker (and more awesome) on all of the early access gameplay when they just used a launcher to throw the minifigure to the Shard. Wonder why they changed that?     

16 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

I don't know about everyone, but they don't all use the original actors. Dumbledore for sure has a new voice, while others with only a few lines use archive voices. 

That's a bit disappointing. I watched a video that showed Robbie Coltrane had reprised his role as Hagrid for the Adventure World though, so at least they got one of the original actors back.

2 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Incidentally does anyone else find it strange that one must essentially use two gateways to enter the new worlds--first you must teleport to the Shard and then to the new world. So far I've not found out how to just teleport directly to a new world without having to go through two load screens, even when using the main gateway. It seemed far quicker (and more awesome) on all of the early access gameplay when they just used a launcher to throw the minifigure to the Shard. Wonder why they changed that?     

What system are you on? I saw some video of someone teleporting, rather than using the launcher, so I thought they changed it. But when I went back for myself yesterday, it was still the launcher. I'm on XB1. Wonder if that matters? (I also don't OWN any of the new content yet either...but I can't see that making a difference.)

4 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

What system are you on? I saw some video of someone teleporting, rather than using the launcher, so I thought they changed it. But when I went back for myself yesterday, it was still the launcher. I'm on XB1. Wonder if that matters? (I also don't OWN any of the new content yet either...but I can't see that making a difference.)

I'm on PS3. It is possibly a system thing, as I seem to recall my Lego Batman 2 needing to go to a load screen when moving between the three areas of Gotham, while newer systems could seamlessly transition to them. Either way, it's rather annoying to double load essentially.  

From what I've seen PS4 and XBOX 1 use launchpad to get to Shard while PS3, XBOX 360 and Wii U use a portal (propably to hide the load time).

Edit: PS4 jut got new patch. Bug fixes.

Edited by Krulis

4 hours ago, Captain Nemo said:

Are you at the correct height level? Perhaps they are underwater. Or they show up on the map but must be accessed through certain means, such as the TARDIS (which was a rather cool bonus area by the way). 

Ya I am. I checked and just out of curiosity I went online and saw that someone else who was streaming had the same problem. I have the Gold Brick finder and the gold arrow is pointing to the ground. There's like a hole in some rocks that would clearly have a gold brick but nothing there. Same with the Rocket underground in the Adventure Time World. 

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

I'm on PS3. It is possibly a system thing, as I seem to recall my Lego Batman 2 needing to go to a load screen when moving between the three areas of Gotham, while newer systems could seamlessly transition to them. Either way, it's rather annoying to double load essentially.  

Ya I'm on PS3 too. When I first saw there was the launcher to get to the Shard I was dreading it because it seemed to take to long. And now it takes even longer to get over there... I think they should've just extended that area or kept the launcher. 

4 hours ago, BrickHat said:

Interesting, that does seem like confirmation for a Wave 10.

I can't shake the feeling that they rushed some of the content a bit if it's that buggy, but if more experienced people say this is common, I guess they must be right.

Just speculating, but I wonder if Wave 10 is going to be a Supergirl / Green Arrow team pack for general distribution?  Hopefully after the exclusive period for Supergirl is over.  Maybe there are other properties that get included at that time, too.

For some reason when I was playing the new content, my game wouldn't play the music. I can see why people say that Year 2 has been pretty buggy right now but nothing major has happened on my line. For my sake anyway. 

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Just speculating, but I wonder if Wave 10 is going to be a Supergirl / Green Arrow team pack for general distribution?  Hopefully after the exclusive period for Supergirl is over.  Maybe there are other properties that get included at that time, too.

Hopefully those two will end up being released more widely, but Lego has already done console exclusive content in some other games, which I hate.