TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

most game like this on pc get hacked so people dont have to buy stuff.

And from what i hear xbox updates always suck when downloading them

Go to options, select additional content and download new stuff if you want to access new content. You have to download one free dlc for each of new wirlds.

3 hours ago, Speedza-Demon said:

Is anyone else having trouble getting some of the new content to work? Despite the game saying they can, I can't get Venkman, Slimer, or Stay Puft to enter the GB 2016 adventure world. If you jump into the portal, they just exit out the other side and nothing loads. PS3 version by the way.

2 hours ago, masdcw said:

Yeah... Can't seem to be able to download the new content either... I've can get to the new hub-Island... but nothing happens there... And I dont seem to be able to download the new DLC... On Xbox One btw...

1 hour ago, Krulis said:

Go to options, select additional content and download new stuff if you want to access new content. You have to download one free dlc for each of new wirlds.

Yeah, that doesn't really seem to work for me either, Krulis. Under the download content area, it just gives suggestions, without the option to actually D/L anything. I'm betting you have to buy the GB2016 story pack before you can D/L the level and adventure world, but THEN Venkman/Slimer/Stay-Puft can access it. If true, that's kind of a bummer.

Also, I've never had any glitchiness issues on XB1 before, but since yesterday.....DAMN, this thing is buggy as hell. I'm trying to unlock all of the arcade games for the Midway adventure world, and EVERY TIME I play Vindicators in Riddle-Earth, when I try to exit and collect the studs (thus unlocking it in adventure world) the game crashes. This has happened 8 times now. I moved on and unlocked every other arcade, then came back to Riddle-Earth, CRASHED AGAIN. Insert string of expletives.

Edited by rob-ot5000

5 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

Yeah, that doesn't really seem to work for me either, Krulis. Under the download content area, it just gives suggestions, without the option to actually D/L anything. I'm betting you have to buy the GB2016 story pack before you can D/L the level and adventure world, but THEN Venkman/Slimer/Stay-Puft can access it. If true, that's kind of a bummer.

Weird. I was able able to download everything without a problem (I'm on PS4 btw).

I also can't access GB16 world with Venkman and Stay Puft. However it shows that only Abby can enter it. It seems that portal showing old characters being able to access it was just a glitch. :sceptic:

Just now, Krulis said:

Weird. I was able able to download everything without a problem (I'm on PS4 btw).

I also can't access GB16 world with Venkman and Stay Puft. However it shows that only Abby can enter it. It seems that portal showing old characters being able to access it was just a glitch. :sceptic:

You were able to download successfully after purchasing the new content though, right? I assume the option would be enabled once I added them to the game pad. I haven't gotten anything new, just trying to use Stay-Puft or Venkman or Slimer. Too bad that's a glitch too. Thanks for the heads up though!

I've got the B.A. Fun Pack and it isnt working yet... According to JayShockblast on YouTube it seems to be working on all systems... Except X-Box One...

6 minutes ago, rob-ot5000 said:

You were able to download successfully after purchasing the new content though, right? I assume the option would be enabled once I added them to the game pad. I haven't gotten anything new, just trying to use Stay-Puft or Venkman or Slimer. Too bad that's a glitch too. Thanks for the heads up though!

I have no year 2 characters. I simply downloaded newest patch,  game showed me that I need to download dlc for new content and showed me screen with all dlc. 

I had Homer and Venkman on the pad.

Edited by Krulis

2 minutes ago, masdcw said:

I've got the B.A. Fun Pack and it isnt working yet... According to JayShockblast on YouTube it seems to be working on all systems... Except X-Box One...

Wonderful :sceptic:

This is just more proof microsoft sucks!

NINTENDO MASTER RACE!

ALL PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR REGGIE!

Edited by pittpenguin123

Has anyone else noticed some performance issues after the update? Areas that used to work perfectly fine have started having some major frame rate issues, especially the older Adventure Worlds. Loading times seem a tad bit longer as well, but that might just be my imagination.

55 minutes ago, pittpenguin123 said:

This is just more proof microsoft sucks!

NINTENDO MASTER RACE!

ALL PRAISE OUR LORD AND SAVIOR REGGIE!

Praise our Sony ovelords!

Playstation master race! :wink:

29 minutes ago, Speedza-Demon said:

Has anyone else noticed some performance issues after the update? Areas that used to work perfectly fine have started having some major frame rate issues, especially the older Adventure Worlds. Loading times seem a tad bit longer as well, but that might just be my imagination.

Everything works fine for me (at least in LOTR and Simpsons worlds).

I just finished downloading most of the new content, but I don't have a 2nd year pack yet. I can get to the new "splinter" hub, but can't access any portals. The only one would maybe be Ghostbusters as I have Veinkman, but as others have stated he doesn't seem to be able to access it without Abby. Has anyone figured out if there is new story content with year two? Or just the movie and level pack content? Do Batman, Wildstyle, and Gandolf have more adventures or is it all world based? I was hoping to begin a new story today, but maybe I have to buy a 2nd year pack first?

5 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I just finished downloading most of the new content, but I don't have a 2nd year pack yet. I can get to the new "splinter" hub, but can't access any portals. The only one would maybe be Ghostbusters as I have Veinkman, but as others have stated he doesn't seem to be able to access it without Abby. Has anyone figured out if there is new story content with year two? Or just the movie and level pack content? Do Batman, Wildstyle, and Gandolf have more adventures or is it all world based? I was hoping to begin a new story today, but maybe I have to buy a 2nd year pack first?

1. Kind of.

2.Mostly.

3.No.

4.Yes.

9 hours ago, The EthStu said:

1. Kind of.

2.Mostly.

3.No.

4.Yes.

This is mostly helpful :grin:  How does one start the year two storyline?

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

This is mostly helpful :grin:  How does one start the year two storyline?

There is no year two overall story; and no real continuation of the year one story--which was completed really. This I think is the reason for individual Story Packs, which basically add a new six-level Lego game to Dimensions.

--

Yesterday I picked up the Adventure Time level/team packs, Harry Potter, and the A-Team for my PS3. I didn't have any logistical issues regarding downloading the content, although it is a bit of an enthusiasm killer to have to wait an hour for downloads after just buying the stuff. I've only played them for a few hours, but here are my initial impressions: 

Adventure Time overall is spectacular. The open world is really nice and crammed full of detail. The level is alright I would say. It's a combination of the two episodes "The Enchiridion!" and "Mortal Folly", although they are really just thematically played back to back and there's no attempt to connect the two distinct parts together story wise. I'd say the second half of the level is the better half, although both are absolutely stuffed with Easter Eggs. And I'm talking deep stuff. For instance, Finn's special take down move involves him jumping in the air and then pulling out of his backpack a unique (and not normally playable) sword to zap his enemy--its that sweet lighting sword from "Dungeon Train" we all remember, you know that one sword that Finn used for like less than a minute, that one and only time, across hundreds of episodes! :laugh: Clearly the designers are big Adventure Time fans! 

I will note one the reasons I found the level less than satisfactory was the music. Adventure Time music is really unique in sound, should I say, and the issue is that its really just flat out annoying after twenty minutes and worst of all, horribly loud. I had to turn on the subtitles to even grasp the conversations. Dimensions really needs to add in a music volume option, as opposed to on or off. :thumbdown:

• Also something I noticed, in the Adventure Time level you'll come across a Green Lantern power up tool--ala Lego Batman 3--to be apparently activated (only) at this time by Supergirl (in her Red Lantern form). That seemed like a bit of a slap to the face.   

The Adventure Time packs mostly use archival voice acting, although I believe Finn has some new lines recorded for the game. I'm not sure about LSP or Jake, as I mostly played so far as Finn and Voldemort. However, the archival voices do give us some great wins too, as they include the voices of Mark Hamill and Ron Perlman (as Dungeon Wizard and the Lich respectively). They did spice up the dialog from the episodes too, adding in some lines not from the main source episodes.   

Speaking of dialogue, onto Harry Potter, and the devastating voice work. Archival voices is are great for authenticity, but unfortunately in Harry Potter's case they really disappoint. Voldemort's dialogue is alright and somewhat relevant (especially when he takes a mini-kit or red brick, saying something along the lines of "I must keep you safe"--as if he were talking to Nagini). But Harry across the board sounds awful--it honestly sounds like they had Daniel Radcliffe come into a very echo-y studio at some distance away and read random script lines with no emotion whatsoever. I mean of course it's actual movie dialogue, but it's just all wrong; I don't know what is up with it--worst of all the content does not fit the Dimensions scenario in the slightest.

All that said, the Harry Potter world is perhaps one of the best open worlds in Dimensions. :thumbup: It seems truly massive, and it encompass the entirety of Hogwarts and huge swaths of the surrounding wizard area. I've only started to explore this particular feature, but the year two worlds seems to include a number of "interior" rooms, allowing you to go inside many buildings--however it also appears that these are one time entrances in a sense--you must complete the room fully otherwise you'll loose your progress in the room and have to start over again when you leave and return. It's also a truly inspired choice by the designers to set Hogwarts during the winter, which while not only looking spectacular, also sets it apart from most other Dimension worlds. This does lead to some funny quirks too, such as all the wizarding folk throwing snowballs at Voldemort when they move out of the view behind you.  

On A-Team, it seems good. I honestly don't know anything about the show, but it seemed like a fun pack so I picked it up. The A-Team world like Ooo and Hogwarts seems much larger than year one offerings.            

49 minutes ago, Captain Nemo said:

There is no year two overall story; and no real continuation of the year one story--which was completed really. This I think is the reason for individual Story Packs, which basically add a new six-level Lego game to Dimensions.

--

Yesterday I picked up the Adventure Time level/team packs, Harry Potter, and the A-Team for my PS3. I didn't have any logistical issues regarding downloading the content, although it is a bit of an enthusiasm killer to have to wait an hour for downloads after just buying the stuff. I've only played them for a few hours, but here are my initial impressions: 

Adventure Time overall is spectacular. The open world is really nice and crammed full of detail. The level is alright I would say. It's a combination of the two episodes "The Enchiridion!" and "Mortal Folly", although they are really just thematically played back to back and there's no attempt to connect the two distinct parts together story wise. I'd say the second half of the level is the better half, although both are absolutely stuffed with Easter Eggs. And I'm talking deep stuff. For instance, Finn's special take down move involves him jumping in the air and then pulling out of his backpack a unique (and not normally playable) sword to zap his enemy--its that sweet lighting sword from "Dungeon Train" we all remember, you know that one sword that Finn used for like less than a minute, that one and only time, across hundreds of episodes! :laugh: Clearly the designers are big Adventure Time fans! 

I will note one the reasons I found the level less than satisfactory was the music. Adventure Time music is really unique in sound, should I say, and the issue is that its really just flat out annoying after twenty minutes and worst of all, horribly loud. I had to turn on the subtitles to even grasp the conversations. Dimensions really needs to add in a music volume option, as opposed to on or off. :thumbdown:

• Also something I noticed, in the Adventure Time level you'll come across a Green Lantern power up tool--ala Lego Batman 3--to be apparently activated (only) at this time by Supergirl (in her Red Lantern form). That seemed like a bit of a slap to the face.   

The Adventure Time packs mostly use archival voice acting, although I believe Finn has some new lines recorded for the game. I'm not sure about LSP or Jake, as I mostly played so far as Finn and Voldemort. However, the archival voices do give us some great wins too, as they include the voices of Mark Hamill and Ron Perlman (as Dungeon Wizard and the Lich respectively). They did spice up the dialog from the episodes too, adding in some lines not from the main source episodes.   

Speaking of dialogue, onto Harry Potter, and the devastating voice work. Archival voices is are great for authenticity, but unfortunately in Harry Potter's case they really disappoint. Voldemort's dialogue is alright and somewhat relevant (especially when he takes a mini-kit or red brick, saying something along the lines of "I must keep you safe"--as if he were talking to Nagini). But Harry across the board sounds awful--it honestly sounds like they had Daniel Radcliffe come into a very echo-y studio at some distance away and read random script lines with no emotion whatsoever. I mean of course it's actual movie dialogue, but it's just all wrong; I don't know what is up with it--worst of all the content does not fit the Dimensions scenario in the slightest.

All that said, the Harry Potter world is perhaps one of the best open worlds in Dimensions. :thumbup: It seems truly massive, and it encompass the entirety of Hogwarts and huge swaths of the surrounding wizard area. I've only started to explore this particular feature, but the year two worlds seems to include a number of "interior" rooms, allowing you to go inside many buildings--however it also appears that these are one time entrances in a sense--you must complete the room fully otherwise you'll loose your progress in the room and have to start over again when you leave and return. It's also a truly inspired choice by the designers to set Hogwarts during the winter, which while not only looking spectacular, also sets it apart from most other Dimension worlds. This does lead to some funny quirks too, such as all the wizarding folk throwing snowballs at Voldemort when they move out of the view behind you.  

On A-Team, it seems good. I honestly don't know anything about the show, but it seemed like a fun pack so I picked it up. The A-Team world like Ooo and Hogwarts seems much larger than year one offerings.            

Thanks Cap for your review and your info! I'll be picking up some packs after this weekend and now I'm looking forward to them more.

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

But Harry across the board sounds awful--it honestly sounds like they had Daniel Radcliffe come into a very echo-y studio at some distance away and read random script lines with no emotion whatsoever. I mean of course it's actual movie dialogue, but it's just all wrong; I don't know what is up with it--worst of all the content does not fit the Dimensions scenario in the slightest.        

I'm guessing these problems are because they pulled the lines directly from the movies. Isolating the voice track from the background music and sound effects can be a messy process with a lot of less than stellar results, so the echo you're hearing is likely related to that. Too, I'm guessing that as a result of this process they're losing the more subtle inflections of the line reads, hence the more emotionless reading.

This is why I'm not exactly a fan of taking the dialogue directly from the movie, the results are always mixed. The dialogue for the older movies in the JW game was incredibly hit or miss. At times I'd almost prefer a sound a like actor instead.

They should really slow down on the minifigures, doesn't LEGO know that every kid in the world isn't rich and have museums as houses for space for all of the cool minifigures that they have been releasing for Lego Dimesnions and their regular set themes

9 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

They should really slow down on the minifigures, doesn't LEGO know that every kid in the world isn't rich and have museums as houses for space for all of the cool minifigures that they have been releasing for Lego Dimesnions and their regular set themes

They'll continue to release large amounts of new minifigs unless it becomes unprofitable. Most kids aren't completionists. Most completionists are AFOLs or fans of the specific IP.

11 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

Good God, that Rowan figure is bad. Like, really bad. :sick:

Yeah, he looks awful. I hope that they won't make physical minifig of him.