TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Wave 8 sure is small. Guess there has to be more than 9 waves. There's still Beetlejuice, LEGO City Undercover, The Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans Go, and The Goonies left.

That can't be the whole Wave 8, where is the LEGO City Undercover and Goonies pack? :sceptic:

Edited by Ordinareo

What a great surprise to wake up to! The Batman portal is a little small... But we are getting two characters so I don't mind! And ya I thought they said each wave will have the same amount of packs. I'm pretty sure there are more!

Anyone else read that you can turn Robin into Nightwing!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!! WHAT IS THIS!?!?! They should've just put, "Only available in US," such idiots... There are no Targets in Canada.

"The Excalibur Batman Fun Pack will release in North America first at Target."

Edited by Ashnflash

Finally, a story pack I actually want. It'll be nice to play in a world that's a more fleshed out Gotham. I'm not a fan of the Gotham/Metropolis combo for the DC portal.

Interesting to see two minifigures in a story pack. Makes me hope that a few of the others get the same treatment.

Batman looks good, I personally would've preferred the basic black suit with the new yellow utility belt piece as the minifigure though. I also just think another Batman is a wasted slot, do we really need another Batman? particularly if other characters have changeable skins in game (Cyborg will be able to transform into the TTG version for example).

The Knight Rider fun pack looks ok, but I don't know a thing about that franchise other than the car talks so to me it's kinda eh like most of year 2 for me :(

WoWoah! Excalibat looks awesome! Definitely want to get my hands on him. And the Story Pack looks great too. Too bad two of Wave 8 are exclusives.

What is the second one?

Not really interested in the story pack for the Lego Batman Movie but it's cool we get Robin and Batgirl in that. I must say that the one pack that's impressed is the Batman fun pack. He looks so cool in his knight gear there. Knight Rider, meh, never watched the show so I'm just not interested in that one. But otherwise nice bit of news there.

Batman looks good, I personally would've preferred the basic black suit with the new yellow utility belt piece as the minifigure though.

I agree. I also think LEGO Batman should be in the Story Pack with Robin instead of Bat Girl. Seriously: what were they thinking? Bat Girl should be the fun pack.

Well I've completed the game so now I have to wait for the A-Team fun pack. I got the Harry Potter team pack also at my local GAME shop but after put a despoit for a pre-order I found out that I'm now expected to pay for it full price when I thought I'd get for free because ya know your preordering you shouldn't have to pay for it your getting it, you've essentially already bought it. It's just ridiculous, next time I'm better off preordering stuff online anyway.

You should only have to pay the difference if you have put a deposit down.

Oh, it's Wave 7.5. Okay then. :wacko::laugh:

Oh wow I missed that.... And of course there is also no Gamespots in Canada :hmpf_bad:

EB Games is Canada's Gamespot, so I imagine it would be there.

Edited by npgcole

I agree. I also think LEGO Batman should be in the Story Pack with Robin instead of Bat Girl. Seriously: what were they thinking? Bat Girl should be the fun pack.

I think it is really weird Batman isn't in the story pack too!!! I'd actually be fine with him not being in the story pack if there wasn't a Batman fun pack, because everyone has a Batman figure already and he could have just been updated with some free skins! Erghkkk, I fear this game will become like Skylanders and just add heaps of uneeded varriants figures!!! This game is expensive enough already... Adam West Batman for year 3 haha!.

I think it is really weird Batman isn't in the story pack too!!! I'd actually be fine with him not being in the story pack if there wasn't a Batman fun pack, because everyone has a Batman figure already and he could have just been updated with some free skins! Erghkkk, I fear this game will become like Skylanders and just add heaps of uneeded varriants figures!!! This game is expensive enough already... Adam West Batman for year 3 haha!.

It'll be an Adam West Batman Level Pack too! :laugh:

What? No old school Knight Rider fans in here?

I LOVE the old show and this thing is a dream come true to me!!!

Even though Michael only barely looks acceptable (with that weird Frodo hair and non printed pants), i put all my hopes into the hub world here, which would make it the first EVER playable fully realized Knight Rider environment in video game form right? (unless i missed some awesome 90s game or whatever)

They are calling this wave 7.5 on Twitter and it looks like Marceline will be released from her TRU exclusive at the same time. Maybe no January wave this time round?

They are calling this wave 7.5 on Twitter and it looks like Marceline will be released from her TRU exclusive at the same time. Maybe no January wave this time round?

It looks like it. :hmpf_bad:

Anyway my wish list for year 2 from what we've seen so far is:

- Jake and LSP Team Pack (already preordered that one)

- Fantastic Beasts Story Pack

- Excalibur Batman Fun Pack

I'm really happy that Batgirl & Robin are in the Batman Story Pack - because all LEGO Dimensions players already have Batman, I think it's more interesting to get new characters (and there's that fun pack with Batman for those, who want a "new" Batman). The Batman portal could have been better... it's a nice idea, but the pack has over 100 pieces less than other story packs, so it looks somewhat crippled and low-budget... definitely could have been better with some extra bricks.

Edited by temes