TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I am not making up information. on Twitter one of the TT games guys confirmed Chase Mccain can switch between different outfits. I don't remember where it was on twitter but there is a tweet confirming it I just don't have a link. if you want to know then you should probably go on Lego Dimensions wiki because someone might have posted a link to that tweet on there.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; the burden of proof is on you. You make a wild claim, you provide the evidence, or your words hold zero weight.

But you forgot one thing, that my wiki is nothing but confirmed and official source and content. And if something unconfirmed content did slip into our wiki, me or other admins would notice it and remove it.

With all due respect, your word that it is official has the same weight as BatmanFanboy. Without a source (who? when? quote?), there is no way for readers to estimate how reliable the info is in the first place. The info could be from an know-nothing-person who just happens to be involved with the offical product, or it could be pre-production info that could change anytime , or it could be taken out-of-context.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence; the burden of proof is on you. You make a wild claim, you provide the evidence, or your words hold zero weight.

With all due respect, your word that it is official has the same weight as BatmanFanboy. Without a source (who? when? quote?), there is no way for readers to estimate how reliable the info is in the first place. The info could be from an know-nothing-person who just happens to be involved with the offical product, or it could be pre-production info that could change anytime , or it could be taken out-of-context.

The whole idea of LEGO City:Undercover is that Chase adopts different disguises to go 'Undercover' and investigate Rex Furys crime wave. If Chase can't adopt different disguises then he can't go 'Undercover', and LD would include LEGO City:Uniformed Cop, Just Doing His Job. To not include Chases disguise swapping would be like Ghostbusters without busting ghosts or a DeLorean that can't time travel...

The whole idea of LEGO City:Undercover is that Chase adopts different disguises to go 'Undercover' and investigate Rex Furys crime wave. If Chase can't adopt different disguises then he can't go 'Undercover', and LD would include LEGO City:Uniformed Cop, Just Doing His Job. To not include Chases disguise swapping would be like Ghostbusters without busting ghosts or a DeLorean that can't time travel...

Still no source.

Still no source.

Here is your source, that was here since SDCC, read through the questions to find the LEGO City: Undercover one that says Chase McCain is an exciting one and that suits will be heavily considered to bring into play: http://lego-dimensio...ki/Thread:17120

Edited by Ordinareo

I just got around to pre-ordering the Ps4 starter pack, the A-Team fun pack, and all of the LotR fun packs. Are there any consensus picks that I should be on the lookout for?

I just got around to pre-ordering the Ps4 starter pack, the A-Team fun pack, and all of the LotR fun packs. Are there any consensus picks that I should be on the lookout for?

In terms of level packs, I'd say that the Portal and Doctor Who level packs are both extremely well done. Avoid the Back To The Future level pack unless you find it cheap, the level is very short.

In terms of level packs, I'd say that the Portal and Doctor Who level packs are both extremely well done. Avoid the Back To The Future level pack unless you find it cheap, the level is very short.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, good to here that some of the level packs hit their mark.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, good to here that some of the level packs hit their mark.

Here i have some advice for you and that is some characters that would be very useful for you! Superman you should get because he has a lot of in game abilities same with Slimer and Wonder Woman. If I was you I would get all three of those. just some advice. because those are very helpful characters. :classic:

What other packs have you got your eye on?

Aquaman and Cyborg, because of the minifigs. Besides that I just want to get a reasonable sized roster.

Here i have some advice for you and that is some characters that would be very useful for you! Superman you should get because he has a lot of in game abilities same with Slimer and Wonder Woman. If I was you I would get all three of those. just some advice. because those are very helpful characters. :classic:

I'll keep them in mind, especially since they'd open their respective world's.

Aquaman and Cyborg, because of the minifigs. Besides that I just want to get a reasonable sized roster.

Ah good. Aquaman is very vital in some levels because he's required to call animals from water pools to solve puzzles. Cyborg is handy when you have gold surfaces to carve through which he can user his laser for ones that are on land and underwater.

Awesome. But you know buy what you want to buy! its all up to you and its all how you want to play. That's one of the taglines for the game break the rules there are no rules. So just buy what you want. :wink:

Best reason to get Superman: classic John Williams theme plays when you fly. :grin: Sure, I guess he's pretty useful, too. :wink:

A lot of your purchasing decisions will depend on what you want from the game. Are you trying to get 100% completion? Open up all the adventure worlds? Or just have fun and buy what you want?

Assuming you're just looking for random fun or useful suggestions:

-The Portal level pack is great. I never played the original Portal games, but this definitely made me a fan. GLaDOS is a delightful character that I never would have been aware of otherwise.

-The Ghostbusters level pack was quite a bit of fun as well, but this COULD hinge on your appreciation of the franchise. I'm not sure, since I'm a huge fan already.

-The Wicked Witch was one of the first characters I got and was really useful due to her flight and silver-brick-explodey ability. Now that all of season one is available, it might not be as useful a purchase, but if you have any fondness for the Oz properties, it's the only way to get that adventure world, which I adore.

-The Jurassic Park team pack is/was the only way to cut through vines. I hate it, but I bought it. I consider it a waste of money, but I have every adventure world unlocked, since that's one of my goals. To each his own.

-The Doctor Who level pack is amazing. It also opens up a lot of neato Easter eggs thanks to the TARDIS.

-The Stay-Puft minifigure is adorable, as long as the scale doesn't bother you.

-As a Simpsons fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the level pack. Plus: Flintstones and Jetsons Easter eggs, provided you have the TARDIS. (Or is that in the main Simpsons level? It's been too long...)

-If you need a Chima character but don't care about Chima at all, I'd go for Cragger. He's the most useful, I think.

Hmm, those are the big ones that jump out at me. Oh yeah, if you're a Scooby Doo fan, that one is also pretty fun. Scooby's "running" animations are hilarious.

Assuming you're just looking for random fun or useful suggestions:

Yeah basically this, I just want a good jumping in point. All these suggestions have been helpful and greatly appreciated, thank you to everyone who's chipped in.

Thank you, but I've played the game to 100% (you couldn't know that). The point was and is, without reliable sources, it's not confirmed, it's just a rumor. With LC:UC, it's very likely to be true, and I expect it to be true, but still just a rumor.

Here is your source, that was here since SDCC, read through the questions to find the LEGO City: Undercover one that says Chase McCain is an exciting one and that suits will be heavily considered to bring into play: http://lego-dimensio...ki/Thread:17120

Thank you very much for digging that up. It's not Twitter as BatmanFanboy claimed, and it's clearly paraphrased, but it's good enough for me.

For whatever reason, for the last few thread pages, I though we were talking about Chase being able to switch between characters (e.g. Rex Fury, Frank Honey, etc.), but I see now that it's just suits/uniforms (BatmanFanboy never claimed otherwise). That is not as unexpected.

I am very excited about Dimensions LC:UC and will buy it on its release date. I just don't want to get my expectations up for what may not be in the final pack.

Thank you, but I've played the game to 100% (you couldn't know that). The point was and is, without reliable sources, it's not confirmed, it's just a rumor. With LC:UC, it's very likely to be true, and I expect it to be true, but still just a rumor.

Thank you very much for digging that up. It's not Twitter as BatmanFanboy claimed, and it's clearly paraphrased, but it's good enough for me.

For whatever reason, for the last few thread pages, I though we were talking about Chase being able to switch between characters (e.g. Rex Fury, Frank Honey, etc.), but I see now that it's just suits/uniforms (BatmanFanboy never claimed otherwise). That is not as unexpected.

I am very excited about Dimensions LC:UC and will buy it on its release date. I just don't want to get my expectations up for what may not be in the final pack.

No problem, always my pleasure to bring the truth.

Things I wonder about (food for thought for others):

- Will the gold bricks of the story pack levels count towards the goldbrick count (formerly 480) or be stand-alone?

- Will the keystones of the story packs matter outside the story pack levels?

All story packs seem offer a cheaper fun-pack alternative for adventure world access. I admit I don't really care for any of the announced story packs, but I may want to achieve 100% again. The cheaper, the better.

- When Wave 6 comes out, will there be in-game info about all the Year2 characters and their abilities, like we had for Year1?

I absolutely need to have all info upfront to make an informed purchase. Dimensions is too expensive otherwise. Also, planning my Year1 purchases last year was really fun.

- How will the world selection wheel look in Year2 and Year3, when there will be 45-ish adventure worlds and 30-ish levels?

Maybe there'll be several layers of circles, like how the levels and the adventure worlds are already separated. But I worry that it will get too crowded. Heck, it already is too crowded.

- What will be Hermione's vehicle/gadget be? The Time Turner, or Crookshanks?

Since Hermione will likely be similar to Harry Potter, I need her vehicle/gadget to be useful, or I'll just skip her pack.

- How many of the Year1 abilities will be useful in the Year2 content? And what about Year3?

I carefully bought my Year1 packs based on their abilities, so that I'd get 100%. Hire-A-Hero came a bit too late for me, but I see now that I could have done fine without buying Unikitty and Legolas. If many Year1 abilities or the Year2 equivalent of Rainbow and Pole Vault will never be required again, I'll just start using Hire-A-Hero from the start.

- What general-purpose LEGO game abilities are still missing (i.e. not franchise-based abilities)?

From the other LEGO games I've played: Strength (Hagrid or Rex Fury style), Light-sequence-Rememberer (e.g. Rune Reader in HP, Space Boxes in LC:UC)

- Will the Mystery Dimensions be expanded?

- Will the 480-goldbrick Disco Vorton stay intact?

It is confirmed that Harry Potter will use archive audio of Daniel Radcliffe.

Here's the video

Jump to the 8:15 minute mark in the video.

Only archive audio is disappointing considering Traveller's Tales managed to get the likes of Peter Capaldi and Chris Pratt onboard for the first year.

Only archive audio is disappointing considering Traveller's Tales managed to get the likes of Peter Capaldi and Chris Pratt onboard for the first year.

I mean, Chris Pratt played Emmet in the LEGO Movie, so it shouldn't be too hard to get him, and I think Daniel Radcliffe is in some TV shows or movies right now.

Capaldi wasn't doing anything probably.

And MICHAEL J FOX for crying out loud! to be fair I think Daniel Radcliffe has distanced himself from the role.

I don't see why anything beyond archive audio is needed for HP. If they were intending to use him in the main story of the game or give him an original story for a level/story pack than I would agree getting the original actor back would be needed. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Peter Capaldi's character was a part of the main story and his lines couldn't be accomplished using archive audio, hence the need to get him. There were several franchises in year 1 that used archive audio, so it's only to be expected that this would happen with year 2 as well.

Edited by strangely

I guess it might have something to do with Daniel Radcliffe himself maybe? Even with the non Lego games like the official Harry Potter games he didn't voice Harry in those and as a result had a stand in actor for him. Although it could be argued that he was doing the films when the games came out because okay fair enough doubtful we will get him for those because he's already filming them. But I think it's because he's done the films now and he feels there's no need to go back to the character and he just wants to go onto other things. Which fair enough he has been playing Harry for years now since he was 11 and I don't see any problem in them using archive audio clips for Harry when we already have other characters from other franchises using archive audio clips for when they talk so that's fine with me.

I mean, Chris Pratt played Emmet in the LEGO Movie, so it shouldn't be too hard to get him, and I think Daniel Radcliffe is in some TV shows or movies right now.

Capaldi wasn't doing anything probably.

Peter Capaldi is a very busy actor because he's one of the most accomplished British TV actors. Doctor Who also generally takes up a lot of time. As for Chris Pratt, it's more the fact that he's a major Hollywood star than how LEGO probably have him as a contact. If they can get Chris Pratt then Daniel Radcliffe should be easy.

And MICHAEL J FOX for crying out loud! to be fair I think Daniel Radcliffe has distanced himself from the role.

Daniel Radcliffe is more open to returning to the role than before.