TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Does anyone think Lego could be saving Marvel for year 3, for the big finale (and hopefully a story pack)?

Well they said they already have stuff planned for year 3. Since Disney infinity cancel this year I doubt it will be in year 3 but maybe year 4. But also it Wouldn't get a story pack Since they have already had Lego videogames just like Jurassic World, Harry Potter, Batman and Lord of the rings.

My point is it wasn't confirmed. They didn't let the Wicked Witch be Dorothy and co, even though that was only a fun pack.

there is a huge difference there. The Wicked Witch is not apart of a team. B.A. Is apart of a team.

There are plenty of properties in Dimensions that otherwise would never get Toys To Life games (Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, ET, etc.). I personally would love Star Wars and Marvel to cross over with all of the other brands, especially Marvel and DC together. If you don't want them, it's fine, nobody is forcing you to buy packs you don't like. Just because you don't want to see them in the game doesn't mean other people share the same opinion. The beauty of Dimensions is that it combines so many IPs in a single game that otherwise would never interact, therefore you have many different fanbases colliding as they all share a unique experience. Adding Marvel and Star Wars to the game would only enhance the experience, especially die-hard fans like me. :wink: Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen.

I completely agree; that's what Lego dimensions is all about! Tbh I think other properties that don't have chance of becoming mainstream Lego sets are going to be higher priority.

Edited by J4ck

Well they said they already have stuff planned for year 3. Since Disney infinity cancel this year I doubt it will be in year 3 but maybe year 4. But also it Wouldn't get a story pack Since they have already had Lego videogames just like Jurassic World, Harry Potter, Batman and Lord of the rings.

They have planned some stuff for Year 3, and Year 3 is next year. Year 4 has not been confirmed yet, Yes, it wouldn't get a story pack unless they do one for May 2018 Infinity War if Year 3 has a fifth wave. They also have the options of Thor, Spider-Man, and Black Panther.

They have planned some stuff for Year 3, and Year 3 is next year. Year 4 has not been confirmed yet, Yes, it wouldn't get a story pack unless they do one for May 2018 Infinity War if Year 3 has a fifth wave. They also have the options of Thor, Spider-Man, and Black Panther.

like Harry Potter and DC if you want a story that has those characters in it then you have go buy the lego video games. because just like DC, Harry Potter, Jurassic World, The Lego Movie and Lord of the rings who all have had Lego video games did not get level packs or story packs. not some stuff they said they were already working on the year 2 properties during year 1 which is probably the same for year 3 right now. ok but if they do get Marvel they probably won't do the MCU movies. those movies would take up to many spots for other franchises. besides if they do Marvel its probably just going to be The Avengers and Spider-Man. my problem with Marvel and Star Wars is the fact that they have already been in the Toys to life games! they would take up spots for franchises who haven't been in Lego before or toys to life games! what Lego should do is ignore Marvel/Star Wars and just focus on properties who haven't been in toys to life games or lego. the reason why i like them using stuff like Harry Potter and Adventure Time is because those haven't been inToys to life games before! Edited by BatmanFanboy

Wouldn't year 4 also be the time we get a new starter pack? I wonder what they would change from the first starter pack.

Wouldn't year 4 also be the time we get a new starter pack?

Would it? Why? What makes you think so?

I wonder what they would change from the first starter pack.

Indeed.

I guess i'm a bit late to the party, but i ordered my first Dimensions this weekend, i expect this to be in this week;

- Starter Pack (incl. limited edition Green Arrow polybag);

- Simpsons Level Pack;

- Cyborg Fun Pack

- Nya Fun Pack

Which packs you guys think i should get next? Considering value for money. Probably some of the franchises not in the list above? Maybe Scooby Doo or Jurassic Park?

Portal 2 level pack, Ghostbusters level pack and Cyberman fun pack are all worth purchase in my opinion.

Thanks guys :classic:

Always happy to help. :classic:

Anyway, does anyone remember when exactly wave 6 arrives in Europe?

September if im correct.

Yeah, I know that but wasn't sure if it was on 27th or 29th. After checking on Amazon it turns out it's 27th.

Thanks anyway. :classic:

I had a thought on what conectables could be. What if they were somthing similar to disney infinity's power discs. Here's how they couldd work: they could be roughly the same size as the charecter tags, but a third of the size; with anti studs on the bottom to place over the tag and studds on the top for the figure. In game it give whichever charecter the new tag is on a new acsessory in the game. Exapmle: You can give gandalf a batarang, or McFly a proton pack, and, with those acsessoriesthey would have the respective abilities (Gandalf could do Batarang switches, McFly could bust ghosts). The packs could include the phisical acsessories to give to the phisical figures.

(Sorry for any typos. I'm on mobile)

I had a thought on what conectables could be. What if they were somthing similar to disney infinity's power discs. Here's how they couldd work: they could be roughly the same size as the charecter tags, but a third of the size; with anti studs on the bottom to place over the tag and studds on the top for the figure. In game it give whichever charecter the new tag is on a new acsessory in the game. Exapmle: You can give gandalf a batarang, or McFly a proton pack, and, with those acsessoriesthey would have the respective abilities (Gandalf could do Batarang switches, McFly could bust ghosts). The packs could include the phisical acsessories to give to the phisical figures.

That's actually a really cool idea, I hope that's what they are.

I like that idea. I've been needing something like that cause I'm not always able to go and get new packs

do you guys think its possible that in the near future for Lego Dimensions we could get Suicide Squad members in the game? I know Harley Quinn is already playable. but i was wondering if they could add some more suicide squad characters! I know they can't call it Suicide Squad because of the name Suicide. but i was thinking since they were able to sneak some of the characters into the lego batman sets this summer do you think its possible?

like Harry Potter and DC if you want a story that has those characters in it then you have go buy the lego video games. because just like DC, Harry Potter, Jurassic World, The Lego Movie and Lord of the rings who all have had Lego video games did not get level packs or story packs. not some stuff they said they were already working on the year 2 properties during year 1 which is probably the same for year 3 right now. ok but if they do get Marvel they probably won't do the MCU movies. those movies would take up to many spots for other franchises. besides if they do Marvel its probably just going to be The Avengers and Spider-Man. my problem with Marvel and Star Wars is the fact that they have already been in the Toys to life games! they would take up spots for franchises who haven't been in Lego before or toys to life games! what Lego should do is ignore Marvel/Star Wars and just focus on properties who haven't been in toys to life games or lego. the reason why i like them using stuff like Harry Potter and Adventure Time is because those haven't been inToys to life games before!

I haven't seen a LEGO Video game based on Infinity War, Black Panther, Spider-Man Homecoming, or Thor Ragnarok. And saying that "They aren't doing MCU versions" is your opinion. Just because Marvel and Star Wars have been in TTL games doesn't mean they won't add it. You are saying YOUR opinion.

Also, can you please use proper grammar?

I haven't seen a LEGO Video game based on Infinity War, Black Panther, Spider-Man Homecoming, or Thor Ragnarok. And saying that "They aren't doing MCU versions" is your opinion. Just because Marvel and Star Wars have been in TTL games doesn't mean they won't add it. You are saying YOUR opinion.

Also, can you please use proper grammar?

But just in facts the likely hood of Star Wars and Marvel coming in year 3 is a NO. Because they already said last year they have properties and brands lined up for the next 3 years while Disney Infinity was still going on at the time. Plus they already have contracts signed for these properties said by one of the TT games guys at E3.But one last thing you said they would give Marvel and Star Wars story packs in your opinion. There is no way they would give 2 properties who have already had Lego games just like Jurassic World, Harry Potter, DC, The Lego Movie and Lord of the Rings. just look at all of those properties none of them have gotten a story pack or a level. They already said they didn't give DC or Harry Potter ones because they already have Lego games. Look i am not trying to sound rude or mean i am just trying to point out some facts. maybe your right maybe i am wrong but we don't know we will just have to wait and see. Edited by BatmanFanboy

do you guys think its possible that in the near future for Lego Dimensions we could get Suicide Squad members in the game? I know Harley Quinn is already playable. but i was wondering if they could add some more suicide squad characters! I know they can't call it Suicide Squad because of the name Suicide. but i was thinking since they were able to sneak some of the characters into the lego batman sets this summer do you think its possible?

I kind of doubt Lego wants much of anything to do with Suicide Squad, mostly because of the name but also because of the characters. And after both fan and critic response to the movie is terrible I doubt anyone will even care enough to include it.

I think they would of avoided the new Ghostbusters if they could of it.

I was wondering, what more could WB do with their Franchises in Dimensions? I mean other than The Hobbit, what more could they do? With all the Disney talk on here, i defenitely think that they should and will make it Disney central in 2017.

I kind of doubt Lego wants much of anything to do with Suicide Squad, mostly because of the name but also because of the characters. And after both fan and critic response to the movie is terrible I doubt anyone will even care enough to include it.

I think they would of avoided the new Ghostbusters if they could of it.

well the critic response has been bad but the fan response say its pretty good. well the audience rating on cinemascore is a B+. a lot of people like the movie and i mean a lot of people. But I meant by including some of the characters in some of the future DC packs!

I was wondering, what more could WB do with their Franchises in Dimensions? I mean other than The Hobbit, what more could they do? With all the Disney talk on here, i defenitely think that they should and will make it Disney central in 2017.

WB still has Looney Tunes, The Hobbit, Tom and Jerry, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, The Justice League Movie coming out next, The Ninjago Movie coming out next year as well, WB is also making the Minecraft movie so we could get that as well same with Tomb Raider which WB is also making, as well they could add some more DC properties such as the TV shows The Flash and Arrow. Oh and they have The Godzilla/Kong universe coming out so yeah they could add a lot more. Look i would like to see Disney but not until we get every WB property in this game. Edited by BatmanFanboy

But just in facts the likely hood of Star Wars and Marvel coming in year 3 is a NO. Because they already said last year they have properties and brands lined up for the next 3 years while Disney Infinity was still going on at the time. Plus they already have contracts signed for these properties said by one of the TT games guys at E3.But one last thing you said they would give Marvel and Star Wars story packs in your opinion. There is no way they would give 2 properties who have already had Lego games just like Jurassic World, Harry Potter, DC, The Lego Movie and Lord of the Rings. just look at all of those properties none of them have gotten a story pack or a level. They already said they didn't give DC or Harry Potter ones because they already have Lego games. Look i am not trying to sound rude or mean i am just trying to point out some facts. maybe your right maybe i am wrong but we don't know we will just have to wait and see.

Where are you getting this info? It had not been stated Disney properties won't be in it. There is an unknown chance, but now that Infinity is gone it is somewhat more likely. Just because you don't want doesn't mean it won't happen.

I didn't say Marvel was getting a story pack, I said it could.