TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

look its just i am sick of Star Wars and Marvel. we have seen them a thousand times. its time for something else. give something like Jaws or TMNT a chance. we have had star wars and marvel lego video games already and i don't think we need them in Dimensions. I am not trying to sound like a 12 year old but its just Star Wars and Marvel have already been in Toys to life games. i want properties that haven't been in Toys to life games.

There are plenty of properties in Dimensions that otherwise would never get Toys To Life games (Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, ET, etc.). I personally would love Star Wars and Marvel to cross over with all of the other brands, especially Marvel and DC together. If you don't want them, it's fine, nobody is forcing you to buy packs you don't like. Just because you don't want to see them in the game doesn't mean other people share the same opinion. The beauty of Dimensions is that it combines so many IPs in a single game that otherwise would never interact, therefore you have many different fanbases colliding as they all share a unique experience. Adding Marvel and Star Wars to the game would only enhance the experience, especially die-hard fans like me. :wink: Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen.

I'd love TMNT, but yeah, their competitor has the license.

As for Jaws, I can't see there being a clamor for any of the human characters, nor can I imagine any useful abilities for them. If I can play as the shark, well, okay, cool, I'll do it, but that doesn't seem too likely.

I'm in agreement with Lego-Freak. As a fan of both DC and Marvel, I would be utterly stoked to see them both in the same game. (How cool would it be if they brought back the customization feature from previous games? Then we could approximate our own Amalgam characters! Not gonna happen, I know, but squee!) And with the demise of Disney Infinity, their inclusion seems more likely than ever. Not any time soon, mind you, but at some point.

Adding Marvel and Star Wars to the game would only enhance the experience

Quoted for truth. :classic:

look its just i am sick of Star Wars and Marvel. we have seen them a thousand times. its time for something else. give something like Jaws or TMNT a chance. we have had star wars and marvel lego video games already and i don't think we need them in Dimensions. I am not trying to sound like a 12 year old but its just Star Wars and Marvel have already been in Toys to life games. i want properties that haven't been in Toys to life games.

You're sick of marvel and star wars video games, even though DC has had more games recently? We've only had 2 marvel games and just barely got a new star wars game. I get you don't want them in dimensions, but by you saying they're not going to be in dimensions, doesn't mean anything.

Edited by amazingbricks

As for Jaws, I can't see there being a clamor for any of the human characters, nor can I imagine any useful abilities for them. If I can play as the shark, well, okay, cool, I'll do it, but that doesn't seem too likely.

Not to mention that it's inappropriate for kids.

Star Wars and Marvel will never come to Lego Dimensions. deal with it

Lego Dimensions does not need them. they are better off using other properties.

BatmanFanboy, you need to settle down. No one needs to risk being offensive or attacking others with talk like this. Star Wars and Marvel haven't even been confirmed additions to Dimensions, and the game is meant for 7 to 14 year olds based upon a toy for the same age. It's not a big deal.

Those responding in a similar tone need to chill out too. We like Eurobricks to be a friendly place to discuss LEGO and won't allow posts that are intended to offend or attack. Thank you.

Not to mention that it's inappropriate for kids.

If you'll permit me by saying this: Ya gonna need a bigger boat. :laugh: Edited by Starscream759

Some people might say the same thing about DC, considering we have three LEGO Batman games and lots of DC content in Dimensions with more stuff being added soon (TTG and TLBM), just to put that into perspective :wink: Personally, I like both Marvel and DC and would love to see a crossover between them in Dimensions :wub: Jaws is a good suggestion, it's an iconic franchise and a Universal property who now seem to be besties with TLG, just like WB and Disney. TMNT however is out of the question since Megabloks acquired that license after TLG had dropped it :classic:

but there is a difference, DC wasn't in Toys to life game until Lego dimensions, Marvel and Star Wars were In Disney Infinity. And I am sorry. I did not mean to sound like jerk. I am Sorry

There are plenty of properties in Dimensions that otherwise would never get Toys To Life games (Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, ET, etc.). I personally would love Star Wars and Marvel to cross over with all of the other brands, especially Marvel and DC together. If you don't want them, it's fine, nobody is forcing you to buy packs you don't like. Just because you don't want to see them in the game doesn't mean other people share the same opinion. The beauty of Dimensions is that it combines so many IPs in a single game that otherwise would never interact, therefore you have many different fanbases colliding as they all share a unique experience. Adding Marvel and Star Wars to the game would only enhance the experience, especially die-hard fans like me. :wink: Whether or not that will happen remains to be seen.

BatmanFanboy, you need to settle down. No one needs to risk being offensive or attacking others with talk like this. Star Wars and Marvel haven't even been confirmed additions to Dimensions, and the game is meant for 7 to 14 year olds based upon a toy for the same age. It's not a big deal.

Those responding in a similar tone need to chill out too. We like Eurobricks to be a friendly place to discuss LEGO and won't allow posts that are intended to offend or attack. Thank you.

yes I am sorry i will not do it again. Edited by BatmanFanboy

I wonder why we never got any packs based on the DCEU movies? The films aren't any more adult than Beetlejuice or Gremlins

Cause we already have most of the characters from the DCEU movies, and characters like Zod and Lex wouldn't be very interesting.

I honestly can think of no one they would do.

Cause we already have most of the characters from the DCEU movies, and characters like Zod and Lex wouldn't be very interesting.

I honestly can think of no one they would do.

If they would, I could only really see Flash, maybe Lex or Doomsday (controversial but still) or a SS character (but like LB3 they'd have to market it as 'the Squad'). There'd be other character options in later films but that's all I can think of from what we know

If they would, I could only really see Flash, maybe Lex or Doomsday (controversial but still) or a SS character (but like LB3 they'd have to market it as 'the Squad'). There'd be other character options in later films but that's all I can think of from what we know

Agreed. But I'd prefer DCEU General Zod over Lex.

Agreed. But I'd prefer DCEU General Zod over Lex.

To be honest I'd much rather prefer the New 52 Zod from the Ghostbusters level

as a Batman fan and I only collect Batman characters but i collect some of the members of the justice league. i think it would be cool to see General Zod or Lex Luthor pop up one of the packs. since also you could have his vehicle be the kryptonian ship that appears in the ghostbusters level. with Lex Luthor you could have his mech as the vehicle. so it could work.

I wonder why we never got any packs based on the DCEU movies? The films aren't any more adult than Beetlejuice or Gremlins

Let's say that I agree with your argument. I don't, but let's pretend. If you straight-up compare the films, sure, they may have a similar level of adult-oriented "maturity", but LEGO/TTG doesn't just scoop them up and drop them in. Characters skew toward their most kid-friendly state. Once upon a time, Beetlejuice had a cartoon show on (I think) FoxKids. It had some creepiness and oddness, but not on the same level, and I'm certain that the LEGO interpretation of him and others will go down a similar route, if needed. This is a kid's toy/game, after all. They didn't make a minifigure of Carnage, the Spidey villain who straight-up murders people (soooo many people!), but they did make one of Carnage, the watered-down version who steals people's life-force, but leaves them alive, and who inexplicably works for Dormammu (FoxKids again :laugh: ) or whatever. So it makes sense they would choose the versions of DC characters that are more child-friendly, because when you compare the DC(C/E)U versions, to the comic versions or animated versions, unlike Marvel, one set pretty clearly stands out as the adult version (for certain definitions of adult...). That's not to say I would mind seeing those version, I just don't really expect to.

And now, because I typed all of that out, tomorrow, they will announce the inclusion of DC(C/E)U packs in Dimensions.

You're welcome? :tongue:

Edited by rob-ot5000

as a Batman fan and I only collect Batman characters but i collect some of the members of the justice league. i think it would be cool to see General Zod or Lex Luthor pop up one of the packs. since also you could have his vehicle be the kryptonian ship that appears in the ghostbusters level. with Lex Luthor you could have his mech as the vehicle. so it could work.

We're talking DCEU though, and unless I'm mistaking Lex Luthor didn't have his mech in those films.

I'd say, if we do get one, which we may not, we'd get a Justice League story pack with either Flash or Green Lantern, and maybe the team's ship.

If Green Lantern, maybe some green space craft. Flash, like I said, team ship.

This is probably one of the more likely in my opinion.

The build could be the hall of justice? Super secret hangout?

Edited by legobagel

We're talking DCEU though, and unless I'm mistaking Lex Luthor didn't have his mech in those films.

I'd say, if we do get one, which we may not, we'd get a Justice League story pack with either Flash or Green Lantern, and maybe the team's ship.

If Green Lantern, maybe some green space craft. Flash, like I said, team ship.

This is probably one of the more likely in my opinion.

The build could be the hall of justice? Super secret hangout?

I think we will get The Flash in year 3 since Justice league comes out In November 2017 which is where we get the second wave of packs for each year. As for Green Lantern i think they could also do Justice league action because Hal is in that show. Kinda like how they got Teen Titans Go. Plus they could give him the ability to switch between all of the different human green Lanterns like What they did with the ghostbusters and the doctor since they all have the same abilities.

I think we will get The Flash in year 3 since Justice league comes out In November 2017 which is where we get the second wave of packs for each year. As for Green Lantern i think they could also do Justice league action because Hal is in that show. Kinda like how they got Teen Titans Go. Plus they could give him the ability to switch between all of the different human green Lanterns like What they did with the ghostbusters and the doctor since they all have the same abilities.

Eh, I'd say they'd just do a normal Green Lantern pack with Green Lantern Spacecraft. And for the switching through characters (Ghostbusters, Doctors, Goonies) It is only available in packs that have levels. (Story packs or level packs). I'd say they'd do a Green Lantern in a normal DC Comics packs, like Superman, Cyborg, etc.

But I am hoping for maybe a Guy Gardner or John Stewart fig.

Eh, I'd say they'd just do a normal Green Lantern pack with Green Lantern Spacecraft. And for the switching through characters (Ghostbusters, Doctors, Goonies) It is only available in packs that have levels. (Story packs or level packs). I'd say they'd do a Green Lantern in a normal DC Comics packs, like Superman, Cyborg, etc.

But I am hoping for maybe a Guy Gardner or John Stewart fig.

well B.A Baracus can switch between all of the A-Team members and he's a fun pack. but if we do get Green Lantern its most likely going to be Hal since he is the most popular one. but still i just don't see John or Guy getting minifigures in lego dimensons over Hal. i just don't see it happening. mainly because Hal most of the time has always been the main Green Lantern.

well B.A Baracus can switch between all of the A-Team members and he's a fun pack. but if we do get Green Lantern its most likely going to be Hal since he is the most popular one. but still i just don't see John or Guy getting minifigures in lego dimensons over Hal. i just don't see it happening. mainly because Hal most of the time has always been the main Green Lantern.

That was all but confirmed. I said i'm hoping. I know it isn't very possible.

Way to crush my dreams. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Just kidding. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[qu

That was all but confirmed. I said i'm hoping. I know it isn't very possible.

Way to crush my dreams. :cry_sad: :cry_sad: :cry_sad:

Just kidding. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I think they want want save John and Guy for a lego DC set but also they would just reuse the same Green Lantern minifigure from the $20 dollar dc set and that would save them from having to make another new figure for Dimensions. but come one lets be honest hear why would they allow you to play as all of the doctors and ghostbusters but not let you play as all of the A-Team members? it just does not make any sense! yes i know its a fun pack but they are not getting a level so the least you could do is allow all four A-Team members playable since your only getting an adventure and a battle arena.

I think they want want save John and Guy for a lego DC set but also they would just reuse the same Green Lantern minifigure from the $20 dollar dc set and that would save them from having to make another new figure for Dimensions. but come one lets be honest hear why would they allow you to play as all of the doctors and ghostbusters but not let you play as all of the A-Team members? it just does not make any sense! yes i know its a fun pack but they are not getting a level so the least you could do is allow all four A-Team members playable since your only getting an adventure and a battle arena.

My point is it wasn't confirmed. They didn't let the Wicked Witch be Dorothy and co, even though that was only a fun pack.

Still no idea on the connectables? :look:

Asked the same question a week ago, no answer so I guess nobody knows much about the connectables atm.

Does anyone think Lego could be saving Marvel for year 3, for the big finale (and hopefully a story pack)?