TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Looking at the back of the box, the Hub World appears to be Angel Island.

does that include Green Hill zone or what ever its called?

No, technically. But they would be stupid not to include it. It's featured on the box though, so I'm hoping that it'll at least make some sort of appearance.

No, technically. But they would be stupid not to include it. It's featured on the box though, so I'm hoping that it'll at least make some sort of appearance.

oh ok. but do you know if were getting another sonic pack because i really hope we get at least another Sonic character. i know Tails was confirmed not playable but maybe we will see Eggman.

oh ok. but do you know if were getting another sonic pack because i really hope we get at least another Sonic character. i know Tails was confirmed not playable but maybe we will see Eggman.

The Sonic Level Pack is all they showed.

The Sonic Level Pack is all they showed.

oh ok well i know the leaked listed said S1 so we might get another sonic pack they just might not show it yet.

The leaked list is meaningless now.

true but i just wanted to point out something about video game franchises coming to lego dimensions. Warner Brothers are making both The Tomb Raider movie and Minecraft movie so its very possible that Lara Croft and Steve from Minecraft could join Lego Dimensions in the near future. also if there is a brand that is owned or the movies done by WB there is a easier chance to get that in the game than something like Marvel or Star Wars!

SONIC UPDATE: The 25th anniversary party is showing Sonic gameplay for the first time, as well as a trailer.

Other fan favorite characters from the series will also be Lego-ized.

Also, they revealed a new Sonic game if anyone wants to check that out. It's on Youtube if anyone can find it.

Edited by gamejutzu

Awesome stuff, a very fun character. That ending of the trailer was a surprise.

So wave 7 consists of E.T fun pack, Sonic level pack, Gremlins team pack, Marceline fun pack, Tina fun pack, and Newt story pack.

I feel like there's not a whole lot per wave. What are we still missing total? Feels like waves 3 and 4 are gonna be huge...

So what's left in year 2 for the remaining waves-

1 more Harry Potter pack

1 more Adventure Time pack (possibly)

1 more Ghostbusters pack

1 Goonies Level pack

X Beetlejuice content

X Lego Batman Movie content, including 1 Story Pack

X Power Puff Girls content

X Knight Rider content

2 Teen Titans Go packs

X Lego City Undercover packs

So bare minimum is 11 more packs total. I have a feeling that Lego Batman Movie and Power Puff Girls will get at least 2 packs each, so it'll probably 6 packs per wave, possibly 7 per wave.

Edited by FrankyCentaur

I feel like there's not a whole lot per wave. What are we still missing total? Feels like waves 3 and 4 are gonna be huge...

So what's left in year 2 for the remaining waves-

1 more Harry Potter pack

1 more Adventure Time pack (possibly)

1 more Ghostbusters pack

1 Goonies Level pack

X Beetlejuice content

X Lego Batman Movie content, including 1 Story Pack

X Power Puff Girls content

X Knight Rider content

2 Teen Titans Go packs

X Lego City Undercover packs

So bare minimum is 11 more packs total. I have a feeling that Lego Batman Movie and Power Puff Girls will get at least 2 packs each, so it'll probably 6 packs per wave, possibly 7 per wave.

and maybe 1 more sonic pack.

And don't forget Beetlejuice, Knight Rider, Goonies, and maybe Lego City will probably only get 1 pack each.

I was expecting from this a Quicksilver reskin, a run-of-the-mill level pack level, and a similar adventure level to the rest due to the platforming and physics in this game not being that versatile

What we got was a character that was entirely true to it's source material and breaks the mold of lego gameplay incredibly, a level pack level that is completely devoted to platforming and movement for a change and is really good at it, and physics and movesets that change up the game's level design and formula enough to give the adventure world tons of potential, as well as a great setup for the world itself, looking to play out like an entire game linearly

Utterly floored

Seriously, Sonic will break this game so much it's not even funny. He can jump as high as athletic characters, use airdash to skip entire puzzles, he can spindash across levels and down slopes to make adventure worlds less tedious, he follows his own physics which'll break level design in itself, he can homing attack, which'll boost the speed of offensive capabilities by a thousand fold and make combat/breaking things a lot more fun, and he can turn into super Sonic at some point, which'll give him who-knows-what powers that'll obviously be tied to rings/studs, giving them purpose during gameplay!

Props to you, TT. You took something that could have so easily been reskin city, and made it the best and most unique thing you've ever made in a dozen years. Props.

Also the graphics look stunning in his world, and it overall seems really polished for gameplay so new to the lego series. There seems to be a lot of passion behind this.

Edited by The Deleter

I was expecting from this a Quicksilver reskin, a run-of-the-mill level pack level, and a similar adventure level to the rest due to the platforming and physics in this game not being that versatile

What we got was a character that was entirely true to it's source material and breaks the mold of lego gameplay incredibly, a level pack level that is completely devoted to platforming and movement for a change and is really good at it, and physics and movesets that change up the game's level design and formula enough to give the adventure world tons of potential, as well as a great setup for the world itself, looking to play out like an entire game linearly

Utterly floored

Seriously, Sonic will break this game so much it's not even funny. He can jump as high as athletic characters, use airdash to skip entire puzzles, he can spindash across levels and down slopes to make adventure worlds less tedious, he follows his own physics which'll break level design in itself, he can homing attack, which'll boost the speed of offensive capabilities by a thousand fold and make combat/breaking things a lot more fun, and he can turn into super Sonic at some point, which'll give him who-knows-what powers that'll obviously be tied to rings/studs, giving them purpose during gameplay!

Props to you, TT. You took something that could have so easily been reskin city, and made it the best and most unique thing you've ever made in a dozen years. Props.

Also the graphics look stunning in his world, and it overall seems really polished for gameplay so new to the lego series. There seems to be a lot of passion behind this.

I agree, the Sonic content looks better than i expected.

Edited by Ordinareo

I dont have the game (or even a console to play it on) but I want that Sonic minifig for my collection. It just looks awesome.

Both Sonic and his level look extremly fun to play. I will propably get the set and I'm not even that big of a fan of Sonic games. :laugh:

Ironic how the LEGO Dimensions Sonic level pack looks more authentic to the series than the main game coming out next year.

What are you talking about we are getting Sonic Mania which is the closest to the originals.

Yes good picture's from the packs! GREAT!

Newt and Tina look amazing! Defenitely picking them up! But... why is Newt's sign a dollar sign?

Edited by kevkipo