TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Okay, so the word is that now that Disney Infinity has closed up shop, Disney will be focusing on using those properties for A-list titles. BUT what about the franchises that can't really sell an A-list title? No Avengers, no Disney, no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones, no.

LEGO Dimensions Year 3: TRON

Just try and tell me that TT wouldn't leap at that opportunity. Go ahead. Try.

I can understand Gremlins but Goonies? Beetlejuice? A-Team? Really? I've heard about the Knight Rider one and have no idea how that'll even work considering most modern day cars are like Kitt.

Goonies and Beetlejuice are getting sequels, but just eventually. Beetlejuice 2 has gone as far into production as Tim Burton calling up Micheal Keaton and saying "That'd be fun, huh?" Goonies 2 is even less solid than that. Knight Rider could still totally work if they made Kitt as advanced an AI as Jarvis from Iron Man, and maybe made the car a little more hi-tech, too, sorta Speed Racer-y.

Hey, there's one, Speed Racer! They could TOTALLY do Speed Racer again! It's not like anybody else is doing anything with it, and it is a Warner Brothers property that's had Lego sets in the past. I know I'd buy it.

Goonies and Beetlejuice are getting sequels, but just eventually. Beetlejuice 2 has gone as far into production as Tim Burton calling up Micheal Keaton and saying "That'd be fun, huh?" Goonies 2 is even less solid than that. Knight Rider could still totally work if they made Kitt as advanced an AI as Jarvis from Iron Man, and maybe made the car a little more hi-tech, too, sorta Speed Racer-y.

Problem is, if they do that then they **** off the people who are already fans of the franchise and therefore already going to see the film. Whatever happens, Knight Rider is dead.

Found this screen cap from the E3 presentation.

Not the best quality sorry

post-148156-0-52575800-1466675715_thumb.jpg

Edited by dannallcorn

Okay, so the word is that now that Disney Infinity has closed up shop, Disney will be focusing on using those properties for A-list titles. BUT what about the franchises that can't really sell an A-list title? No Avengers, no Disney, no Star Wars, no Indiana Jones, no.

LEGO Dimensions Year 3: TRON

There's nothing preventing them from using those franchises in multiple titles at once, including in LEGO Dimensions. It could totally happen. Heck, Avengers / Marvel, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones have all had multiple LEGO games already, even while those same franchises were also getting other, non-LEGO games. The only real obstacle to any of them appearing in LEGO Dimensions up to now has been Disney Infinity, so if that's going away, any or all of them could totally happen.

That said, since the Disney Infinity news broke just a few weeks ago, while Warner and TT are about to launch the second-year stuff for LEGO Dimensions, I could see Warner and TT already doing preliminary work on the third year, so maybe they won't be ready for Disney just yet; perhaps instead there'll be a Year 4 of LEGO Dimensions that's almost entirely dominated by Disney / Pixar / Marvel / Lucasfilm properties (mm, Indiana Jones Story Pack for the fifth movie, maybe?).

I've seen that before, weird there's no character in the Beetlejuice, Powerpuff Girls and Knight Rider circles.

I think its because they have a character reveal lined up so want to keep it under wraps. Either that or they just havent done the molds yet.

So looking at the top row of that image, I see:

? ? ? A-Team ? Sonic ? ET LEGO City Undercover Teen Titans GO!

Can anyone identify the missing ? icons?

There's nothing preventing them from using those franchises in multiple titles at once, including in LEGO Dimensions. It could totally happen. Heck, Avengers / Marvel, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones have all had multiple LEGO games already, even while those same franchises were also getting other, non-LEGO games. The only real obstacle to any of them appearing in LEGO Dimensions up to now has been Disney Infinity, so if that's going away, any or all of them could totally happen.

In a similar thing i was surprised Sonic got in seeing as he is part of the Amiibo universe.

But now infinity has fallen by the way side i would be very surprised if Disney didnt cash in on dimensions popularity.

I have no idea what you're asking... But the only ones without actual Dimensions figure designs are the Lego Batman Movie, Powerpuffgirls, Beetlejuice, and Knight Rider

Ghostbusters 2016, Gremlins, Harry Potter, Fantastic Beasts and Mission Impossible.

Top line. Ghostbusters 2016, Gremlins, Harry Potter, A-Team, Fantastic Beasts, Sonic, Mission Impossible, ET, Lego City, Teen Titans Go.

Second line. Adventure Time, Goonies, Lego Batman Movie, Powerpuff Girls, Beetlejuice, Knight Rider, Back to the Future, Scooby-Doo, Portal, DC.

Last line. Jurrasic world, Wizard of Oz, Simpsons, Dr Who, Lord of the Rings, Ghostbusters, Midway, Ninjago, Chima, Lego movie.

Hope that helps.

Question: How does everyone store their Dimensions figures and mini builds so they are both accessible for playing with and in some sort of order/organization?

I've been using these: http://sterilite.com/SelectProduct.html?id=831&ProductCategory=274&section=1

But they've gotten to be a little unwieldily and disorganized the more different types of sets we get for Dimensions.

Any suggestions?

I've been using tackle boxes with customizable inserts to allow for different sizes and what not. Same brand and type I use for storing certain Lego bricks and gaming supplies.

I've been using tackle boxes with customizable inserts to allow for different sizes and what not. Same brand and type I use for storing certain Lego bricks and gaming supplies.

Can you tell me what brand you use?

Plano.

I find them at Walmarts and Fred Meyers stores, though you can probably find comparable ones at hardware and sports stores.

Anyone know what BMO can do? It would be super cool if he has the same ability as the Midway Arcade Machine!

I've seen that before, weird there's no character in the Beetlejuice, Powerpuff Girls and Knight Rider circles.

Odds are, they will be showing up later in Year 2 and therefor don't have finalized designs yet.

On that note. I hope that the PPG have moulded heads. It just wouldn't be right if they were normal minifig heads.

In a similar thing i was surprised Sonic got in seeing as he is part of the Amiibo universe.

Amiibo isn't a universe similar to Skylanders, and the now defunct Disney Infinity.

Sonic was licensed out to Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. and wouldn't have happened had they not arranged his return in the game.

Since he isn't owned by Nintendo, Sonic can go where he pleases.

Plano.

I find them at Walmarts and Fred Meyers stores, though you can probably find comparable ones at hardware and sports stores.

Thank you, I'll take a look around!

Nope. The only ''new'' things we got are the fact that Green Arrow will come to Gamescom and that Sonic is out this year.

Edited by Local Knowledge

Question: How does everyone store their Dimensions figures and mini builds so they are both accessible for playing with and in some sort of order/organization?

I've been using these: http://sterilite.com...y=274&section=1

But they've gotten to be a little unwieldily and disorganized the more different types of sets we get for Dimensions.

Any suggestions?

My solution (egg cartons) weren't really satisfying in the long run.

I haven't yet found the ideal (and cheap) solution, but I noticed yesterday that the LEGO advent calendars (with the top cut away) work fine.

Problem is, if they do that then they **** off the people who are already fans of the franchise and therefore already going to see the film. Whatever happens, Knight Rider is dead.

Are there even die-hard Knight Rider fans?

I guess we know who's coming last. They must not have designs finalized.

My solution (egg cartons) weren't really satisfying in the long run.

I haven't yet found the ideal (and cheap) solution, but I noticed yesterday that the LEGO advent calendars (with the top cut away) work fine.

If you have the money(this isn't cheap but it's awesome), this is a good solution: http://paintier.com/Paintier100.html

KpYRsN4l.jpg

More images: https://imgur.com/gallery/ZwZUf

Edited by Tech Artist