TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

because with dimensions, a single figure has a lot more content attached to it, like an adventure world, which i'm pretty sure they don't want to have be exclusive.

I Dont think they care if stuff gets hard to get.-cough- the arrow -cough-

I Dont think they care if stuff gets hard to get.-cough- the arrow -cough-

we don't know if arrow/supergirl will be the only way to access the DC battle arena, and there's a difference between some content for all platforms being locked behind a hard to get figure, and some content that's locked to one platform being obtained by a publicly available figure.

I believe it was said that Green Arrow does not offer additional content, specifically a battle arena.

He's not only a battle arena he's a exclusive character.

regardless of what he unlocks, there's a significant difference between a character available to all platforms but only obtainable via special means and a character restricted to one platform but given a general release, especially with how much of a focus they put on saying "everything will be compatible"

ed: you're comparing "hard to get but fully compatible" and "completely unobtainable without a specific system"

ed2: just to clarify, I focused on battle arena because I was focusing on content unlocked, not characters.

the content that would be locked away from ps/xbox players if a nintendo exclusive stuff was made is the bigger issue, you'd be looking at an entire adventure world unreachable on anything not nintendo.

Edited by eliktroniq

Yeah, no, I don't want any version exclusives happening. The worst part about Lego games is when they do console-exclusive content, because it effectively just screws a third of the audience out of what could be their favorite character(s). I have a Wii U, so I doubt I'd be suffering on that one, but I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Looking it up on brickset, it's labeled as an unreleased starter pack. Although, it's exactly the same as the original starter pack just a different set number.

Edited by amazingbricks

Looking it up on brickset, it's labeled as an unreleased starter pack. Although, it's exactly the same as the original starter pack just a different set number.

hope they do not release a Series 2, like Disney infinity

hope they do not release a Series 2, like Disney infinity

No need to worry about that, if you already have the starter pack, you're good to go. It's just odd to see two different set numbers.

is 71200 maybe the internal designation for the separate box with all the pieces and whatnot that comes within the box for the starter pack?

it would make sense, since the stuff in there is platform agnostic unlike game disc/toypad.

What is set 71200?

Perhaps this is a Starter Set developed for Nintendo's new console, the NX. It is the only console of the next (potential) generation that will be releasing in the first half of next year (supposedly) so it would make sense to plan a release for it during Year 2.

Isn't this the same Starter Set that replacement parts lists Supergirl with?

Edited by Penkid11

Wild dream: computer version.

More realistic version: numbers reserved for future consoles.

My best guess is that it is a re-release of the first starter pack with fixed bugs/faults and new artwork for "season 2". They have to have the toy pad released every year in case they get more customers drawn into the game.

My best guess is that it is a re-release of the first starter pack with fixed bugs/faults and new artwork for "season 2". They have to have the toy pad released every year in case they get more customers drawn into the game.

Or LEGO could just keep the same exact starter pack on the shelves.

checking it on lego's bricks and pieces lists it as "STARTER PACK" (compared to, say, the ps4 starter 71171 which is "STARTER PACK PLAYSTATION 4") with the same piece listing as the other starter packs, so i think it's just the box with the pieces that's inside the starter sets.

Wait wasn't someone saying that they couldn't find the bricks and pieces with Supergirl? Maybe I'm confusing this with Reddit thread.... But you can still look at the PS4 portal and Supergirl's hair is still listed in the pieces. But 71200 doesn't have it

Edited by Ashnflash

Wait wasn't someone saying that they couldn't find the bricks and pieces with Supergirl? Maybe I'm confusing this with Reddit thread.... But you can still look at the PS4 portal and Supergirl's hair is still listed in the pieces. But 71200 doesn't have it

if we assume there's any truth to that rumor that supergirl's to be given away with a repackaged version of the ps4 starter later this year, then it would make sense for that to only be under the ps4's entry since that's not a platform agnostic element anymore.

It is more likely that the 3 main franchises (DC Comics, Lord of the Rings & The LEGO Movie) will have battle arena's.

Since both Green Arrow and Supergirl have golden bases, does this mean that we only get 3 remaining golden based Season 1 characters? What if it's all about those 3, I think it's safe to say we will get Saruman, Sauron and Lord Business.

Maybe they will do just other 3 random characters from random franchises from Season 1.

Or LEGO could just keep the same exact starter pack on the shelves.

They could, but I think they will re-release it in some different form sooner or later.

It is more likely that the 3 main franchises (DC Comics, Lord of the Rings & The LEGO Movie) will have battle arena's.

Since both Green Arrow and Supergirl have golden bases, does this mean that we only get 3 remaining golden based Season 1 characters? What if it's all about those 3, I think it's safe to say we will get Saruman, Sauron and Lord Business.

Maybe they will do just other 3 random characters from random franchises from Season 1.

For this reason alone I would get Dimensions, I hope your right.

What are the chances of getting banned on bricks and pieces? I'm thinking about getting Green Arrow.

you wouldn't be able to get any of arrow's pieces, afaik they're all flagged so that you need a code off the back of the packaging of arrow.

you wouldn't be able to get any of arrow's pieces, afaik they're all flagged so that you need a code off the back of the packaging of arrow.

I have a code.

Edited by Chilly_Productions

I have a code.

But they're still listed as "Out of Stock."

I'm not sure the code changes anything.