TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Raven's hood is the best part of her. If she's a short figure, I'll pass entirely, even though I was very excited for her. Then again, would high sales of her pack incentivize Lego to put her in a "real" set?

I feel like a dad in a movie, "I'm not angry, son. Just.... disappointed."

I'm not sure how that works, actually. We haven't seen any franchise make its debut in Dimensions and then go to sets yet. I'd imagine that if that were true then there'd be an actual line of Doctor Who sets announced by now. It's also worth pointing out that there were already full prints made for a Beast Boy figure and yet they still made an entirely new one to match the Go! design better, likely for the sake of tying it closer to the show but also for maintaining his exclusivity in the Jokerland set, so maybe we'll see them do the same thing with Raven in the other direction?

I hope we don't get to play Gremlins 2, I just watched that and holy hell it was awful.

Oh, no, no no no no no. Gremlins 2: The New Batch is awesome.

But I have no clue how they would handle multiplication and sunlight death. I mean, I would be a tad annoyed if they just ignored it, but I have no clue as to how it would be implemented.

I doubt they would be able to implement it based on Adventure World or game levels. They might do something where if Superman's laser ability comes into contact with a Gremlin it multiplies though.

Oh, no, no no no no no. Gremlins 2: The New Batch is awesome.

Especially that fourth-wall shattering intermission scene :laugh:

I doubt they would be able to implement it based on Adventure World or game levels. They might do something where if Superman's laser ability comes into contact with a Gremlin it multiplies though.

The 3 rules for keeping Mogwai are;

1. Don't get it wet- this will cause the Mogwai to spawn other Mogwai

2. Don't feed it after midnight - this causes a Mogwai to transform into a Gremlin.

3. Keep away from bright lights- this hurts a Mogwai. (It is suggested that light aversion is an allergy.)

So they only have to worry about getting a Mogwai wet as there is no time or food in LD really. Superman laser would do nothing but hurt Gizmo.

Especially that fourth-wall shattering intermission scene :laugh:

I loved that there were different versions of it for the original theatrical and home video releases.

The 3 rules for keeping Mogwai are;

1. Don't get it wet- this will cause the Mogwai to spawn other Mogwai

2. Don't feed it after midnight - this causes a Mogwai to transform into a Gremlin.

3. Keep away from bright lights- this hurts a Mogwai. (It is suggested that light aversion is an allergy.)

So they only have to worry about getting a Mogwai wet as there is no time or food in LD really. Superman laser would do nothing but hurt Gizmo.

Have you not seen Gremlins? The boy who gives the man Gizmo says keep him out of direct sunlight or it'll kill him. It's not an allergy it melted Stripe.....

Also most of the themes for Dimensions are ideas sets..

Perhaps the sunlight won't do a thing. I just got Slimer and was disappointed to see that the proton pack didn't have a unique kill for him, like water sprays for the Wicked Witch. I also got Cyborg and Bane for strength and drilling. Now I just need Stay Puft, Doc Brown, Aquaman, and the Midway pack.

I think you mean a water blast... heat vision is kinda like extreme sunlight I guess, which would kill it quickly.

Just thought of a way to fix this - have them take out a little umbrella for blocking the sun while outside! That would be really cute and would work easily I would think.

I loved that there were different versions of it for the original theatrical and home video releases.

Dude, that was awesome! They sure don't make 'em like that anymore... :D

I think you mean a water blast... heat vision is kinda like extreme sunlight I guess, which would kill it quickly.

I'd expect Superman to be able to kill anyone that way, not just mogwai / gremlins, though of course most versions of Superman wouldn't do such a thing . Zach Snyder's, apparently, but not most others...

Just thought of a way to fix this - have them take out a little umbrella for blocking the sun while outside! That would be really cute and would work easily I would think.

That's exactly what I was thinking, although I don't remember seeing an umbrella in the video where he's riding around with the Wicked Witch of the West. Then again, that's just the teaser video. And of course we know from the supremely awesome, fiendishly brilliant, shamefully underappreciated sequel Gremlins 2: The New Batch that there are ways for a mogwai / gremlin to get around that whole "bright light" thing.

I expect the Gremlins Adventure World to just have a lot of DARKNESS!, actually (and also NO PARENTS! - well, at least not one of Kate's, anyway. Hard to believe we're getting official LEGO minifigures from the movie that gave the world that particular character's Christmas memories...).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Have you not seen Gremlins? The boy who gives the man Gizmo says keep him out of direct sunlight or it'll kill him. It's not an allergy it melted Stripe.....

Also most of the themes for Dimensions are ideas sets..

From Gremlins 2;

"We got something for you to look at.

It's interesting. I found it

downtown on my specimen scout.

It's some sort of rodent, apparently.

And it seems allergic to bright light."

Allergic reactions in people can be fatal and as that's the only thing approximating an explanation for bright light aversion,it's quoted here.

So, yes, I have seen Gremlins. Both of it.

I'm sure she will. What'd be even better is they were light grey with purple printed shoes.

Anyway - more pictures!

pz3qHaa.png

Sloth gained eyebrows.

WmUNdTm.png

Ooh! Gizmo looks a lot better in that picture! I still like Stripe better in LEGO form, but at least Gizmo is looking more Gizmoey.

Nintendo aren't as reluctant to have their IPs appear on non-Nintendo devices anymore. The Miis in the Miitomo mobile app, for example.

I wouldn't really compare these two situations though. The Miis are not really characters in their own right, but simply a system to generate your own avatar (and Nintendo was already a bit laid-back about them anyway, considering you could generate QR codes of your Miis to share them with other people), and Nintendo also hasn't any hardware on the Smartphone Market.

Letting one of their very own exclusive videogame IPs cameo on a competing videogame system is a whole different matter. And it's still rather unlikely to happen, at least as long as Nintendo is making their own consoles.

EDIT: Haven't read all the posts regarding that topic that came up inbetween prior to making this post, so I'm kinda sorry for digging this up again.

Edited by ZORK64

https://twitter.com/lego_games

Actual pics. of characters. Bases look orange....

Thanks for the pics showing the physical bases. They're definitely orange now that I can see them clearly. Thanks for confirmation!

Edited by legozebra