TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I suspect if we got Looney Tunes in LEGO it would be more likely to be from The Looney Tunes Show or whatever other modern cartoons Warner are using the characters in these days.

I suspect if we got Looney Tunes in LEGO it would be more likely to be from The Looney Tunes Show or whatever other modern cartoons Warner are using the characters in these days.

I'd be fairly happy with that

I think I must be the only one who doesn't want Disney properties in the game yet, I feel like if Marvel and Star Wars were added then we would not get as many outlandish franchises as we are currently getting.

First off, these new packs look awesome. And ET? The Batman Movie? Gremlins? Fantastic Beasts? Sonic? Knight Rider? Heck yeah!

On a completely differnt note, I replayed the Docftor Who level pack level and triedout the charecter wheel near Strax. And yes, there is an icn onthecharecter wheel that says NO NAME FOUND. And that is defedently strax under the locked icon. No idea what it means yet though.

Actually, it looks like they've reverted back to using traditional designs for them all.

Ooo, actually, no, I don't want the Looney Tunes in here. I don't want them and Disney's icons in the same room together, and if we get Disney we get a lot of franchises with it. Who Framed Roger Rabbit needs to remain the only interaction between Bugs and Mickey.

What pack is this? This is news to me

Sorry to confuse I just sort of assumed that there would be be a large expansion pack thingie with more story levels to go with the new series of character after all that would make sense, and then I thought that would be a logical place for vortech to show up as it would be weird for him to be in a fun pack.

I thought someone had said something about more story levels :shrug_confused: .Not sure who nevermind.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I think I must be the only one who doesn't want Disney properties in the game yet, I feel like if Marvel and Star Wars were added then we would not get as many outlandish franchises as we are currently getting.

I don't know, I'm starting to worry that next year the franchises could get TOO outlandish. Mission Impossible and Knight Rider already seem to push the line between nostalgia and irrelevance, if they keep going like this I'm really afraid that we'll start getting truly lame inclusions. If they can get Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Marvel from Disney, maybe we can start getting a little more peace between studios here, and get more iconic franchises like Star Trek and Terminator and such. Disney could do for Dimensions what Sonic did for Smash Bros!

I think the outlandish IPs are just a grab to get more IPs in the game and thus convince the bigger players they need to be involved. If we get to a point where Disney is the only ones not playing, that will then convince them to step in and there's huge money if Disney is involved.

Interesting that this year is seeing a surge of Cartoon Network brands, wheras the first year had a lot of Warner Brothers IPs. I wonder what series 3 will bring- hopefully either Disney or Nickelodean, if they'd stop selling their soul to the devil (aka Mega Bloks). I'd about kill to see Danny Phantom, Timmy Turner and Jimmy Neutron in LEGO form.

I think the outlandish IPs are just a grab to get more IPs in the game and thus convince the bigger players they need to be involved. If we get to a point where Disney is the only ones not playing, that will then convince them to step in and there's huge money if Disney is involved.

I think we will see Disney IPs soon enough, mainly Star Wars and Classic Disney. They already work with Lego and now that Disney is out of the video game business, this would be a great cash grab for both sides without any of the risk to Disney.

Ehh, I just can't see Disney minifigures making it into dimensions. That's like putting them in the Lego movie which is WB oriented. WB and Disney don't go together and probably never will. Trust me, I would love to see Disney in this, but I just can't see it happening. If they were to make Disney in dimensions, it'd just be like another Infinity. Plus, it'd take over WB franchises because Disney has a whole bunch of franchises that could last forever.

Ehh, I just can't see Disney minifigures making it into dimensions. That's like putting them in the Lego movie which is WB oriented. WB and Disney don't go together and probably never will.

I guess you never saw Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

(Which, BTW, is itself a property I'd guess might make an appearance in LEGO Dimensions, if and when Disney ever comes on board...)

Ehh, I just can't see Disney minifigures making it into dimensions. That's like putting them in the Lego movie which is WB oriented. WB and Disney don't go together and probably never will. Trust me, I would love to see Disney in this, but I just can't see it happening. If they were to make Disney in dimensions, it'd just be like another Infinity. Plus, it'd take over WB franchises because Disney has a whole bunch of franchises that could last forever.

All the LEGO video games have been developed by WB, though, including the Disney licensed games like LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, and LEGO Marvel's Avengers. Overall, the main obstacle up to this point was that LEGO Dimensions was a direct competitor of Disney Infinity. With Disney Infinity no longer in the picture, I think Disney will definitely be on board to have at least SOME of its brands join LEGO Dimensions, particularly those which have already had LEGO video games of their own.

I can see it happening. If Sonic the Hedgehog can happen I'm pretty sure Disney can too. Besides I want to chop up that hedgehog as Darth Vader.

The thing is, in Disney Infinity you couldn't even mix franchises, e.g. Marvel characters had to stay in a marvel world and the same for Star Wars characters, if they aren't willing to cross over their own in-house brands then I can't see them allowing their characters mix with characters from franchises they do not own.

I'd be fine with that, so long as the characters look right.

The thing is, in Disney Infinity you couldn't even mix franchises, e.g. Marvel characters had to stay in a marvel world and the same for Star Wars characters, if they aren't willing to cross over their own in-house brands then I can't see them allowing their characters mix with characters from franchises they do not own.

I'm sure someone already mentioned this but they already have in kingdom hearts.

And Star Wars characters have appeared in Soul Calibur games.

I think the limitations on characters in worlds in Disney Infinity weren't there because they specifically wanted to keep from mixing franchises; if so, they wouldn't have had them mixable in the Toy Box mode at all. I suspect it had more to do with the wildly varying natures of the different franchises and the power sets of different characters, and how certain characters might be wildly unsuited for one another's sets of challenges. For example, just getting around in a building might be a formidable challenge for a foot-tall toy like Sheriff Woody or Buzz Lightyear, but for an average Marvel superhero, the same situation would be nothing at all.

After seeing Sonic, I almost wouldn't be surprised at this point to see Mario in LEGO Dimensions in the future. (although I think there may be some licensing issues there)

SEGA (and Sonic) are multiplatform, unlike Mario, who is obviously owned by Nintendo (who surely won't let their IPs appear on a competing console).

Unless LEGO comes up with system-exclusive sets, I wouldn't count on Nintendo-related IPs (though I'd be more than thrilled to get some Nintendo-IPs in LEGO form, such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Kirby).

I'd be also happy with some more video game franchises and companies joining the fray. From the SEGA side, I'd appreciate if we get Phantasy Star some recognition (unlikely though), and I'd be super-happy if Capcom also throws in some content.

I think the limitations on characters in worlds in Disney Infinity weren't there because they specifically wanted to keep from mixing franchises; if so, they wouldn't have had them mixable in the Toy Box mode at all.

i read somewhere (that i can't find right now,) that it was due to marvel/lucasfilm/disney making a distinction between the character in a play set vs in the toybox, i.e. marvel considered iron man, when in the avengers play set, to be iron man, but when iron man was in the toybox, they considered it to be a TOY of iron man, which was ok.

with lego being distinctly a toy, i feel like it'd fall under disney's perception of the characters being toys of the characters, not the actual character.

SEGA (and Sonic) are multiplatform, unlike Mario, who is obviously owned by Nintendo (who surely won't let their IPs appear on a competing console).

Unless LEGO comes up with system-exclusive sets, I wouldn't count on Nintendo-related IPs (though I'd be more than thrilled to get some Nintendo-IPs in LEGO form, such as Mario, Zelda, Metroid or Kirby).

I'd be also happy with some more video game franchises and companies joining the fray. From the SEGA side, I'd appreciate if we get Phantasy Star some recognition (unlikely though), and I'd be super-happy if Capcom also throws in some content.

We technicly do have a phantasy star (online) pack. I remember sonic being in it. :P