TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Why are there so many 80's franchises like no offence guys and gals but this a kids game(not that should stop playing just that we're not the target demographic) and I don't think that there all that relevant to modern children.

Well skylanders have no pre existing IP and they still sell based on themselves alone. as would these old IPs do to children who don't know them from before.

These IPs does however do a great job in bringing in new older people to the game.

There is plenty franchises for kids as well, so something for everybody.

Edited by deskp

I doubt it. It'll probably be one Battle Arena per Adventure World.

Strax would make for a hilarious Battle Arena trailer. I'd love to see that!

As for the other franchises, these are my predictions if they get Battle Arenas:

Back to the Future: Biff Tannen (whilst I doubt many want a Biff minifigure, I can't think of another character who would make sense as one to unlock a Battle Arena)

The Simpsons: Mr Burns

Scooby Doo: Fred

The LEGO Movie: Lord Vortech

Jurassic World: Claire Dearing

Ghostbusters: Zuul

The Wizard of Oz: The Cowardly Lion (it would be hilarious if a coward like the lion unlocked the Wizard of Oz Battle Arena!)

I don't know enough about the other franchises.

I think our next Simpsons character is more likely to be Lisa or Marge or even Maggie. Maggie would be especially great in the Battle Arena lol

I'm hoping that we get Ian Malcolm for Jurassic, honestly! I don't think the character has much to do with unlocking the battle arenas though, they'll just use whoever would be the most fun to generally play as like they would when making any other pack.

Well skylanders have no pre existing IP and they still sell based on themselves alone. as would these old IPs do to children who don't know them from before.

These IPs does however do a great job in bringing in new older people to the game.

There is plenty franchises for kids as well, so something for everybody.

Good point!

Don't underestimate the cultural relevance of this stuff, though. Mr. T and ET are definitely still recognizable to any kid who watches television or has an Internet connection. The benefits of parody and reference!

Ha, Cartoon Network's Tumblr just uploaded this picture:

tumblr_o8irn1DB2S1sxhdxso1_540.png

How fitting!

So which figures are in wave one of series 2?

The ones that were leaked yesterday:

-Ghostbusters Story Pack

-Harry Potter Team Pack

-Adventure Time Team and Level Packs

-Mission: Impossible Level Pack

-B. A. Baracus Fun Pack

This is just fantastic. I was sitting here all, "Oh I don't have as much Lego I want to get this year. What will I be using that money on..."

*sigh*

I surrender Lego Dimensions.

At first I thought the idea was cool, but then Adventure time happened.

And now I see Lego Sonic, one of the things I have always wanted as a child, and I simply cannot have enough of it.

I'm quite speechless in how to describe how I feel.

I don't see Laval, Eris, Cragger or Unikitty on the UK Lego Shop website.

I don't know about you but I still see fun packs of Eris, Cragger and Unikitty whenever I go into town.

I absolutely love the adventure time minifigures. I don't watch the tv show, but they look great in Lego. Mr. T looks great, axl needs to use it. Harry potter had so much potential... Anyways, i'm very disappointed with that. Ghostbusters look interesting, although it might be $50.

It is $49.99

I don't see Laval, Eris, Cragger or Unikitty on the UK Lego Shop website.

They must've slipped past me, maybe they are phasing out the least popular products? The thing about Dimensions is that if characters are retired then we will be unable to complete the game 100% unless we buy off eBay or bricklink or similar.

It is $49.99

Unless I inherit a small kingdom and I happen to the son of Prince William I doubt I'll get the Story Packs when they come out because they really do sound like a lot of money.

Unless I inherit a small kingdom and I happen to the son of Prince William I doubt I'll get the Story Packs when they come out because they really do sound like a lot of money.

They're good value imo, there's 250+ pieces in the ghostbusters story pack which is about a $30 set, and I think that $20 for the in-game content is a bargain considering it is effectively 6 level packs.

They're good value imo, there's 250+ pieces in the ghostbusters story pack which is about a $30 set, and I think that $20 for the in-game content is a bargain considering it is effectively 6 level packs.

Even so I want to save up for stuff like the Adventure Time Level Pack, along with the many other stuff that's been announced but I won't know till it comes out right?

Even so I want to save up for stuff like the Adventure Time Level Pack, along with the many other stuff that's been announced but I won't know till it comes out right?

Hopefully we might get dates next week for the rest of the waves, I'm sure that last year we didn't have to wait long until they gave us more detailed information on the waves.

Hopefully we might get dates next week for the rest of the waves, I'm sure that last year we didn't have to wait long until they gave us more detailed information on the waves.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully we'll get some stuff in tomorrow that is.

Yes! My man Sonic is confirmed to be in the game! Now all I need is a Shadow and Tails team pack, or just a Shadow or Tails fun pack.

I can already tell what Sonic's vehicle will be. He'll use the Speed Star, which can transform into a speedboat and jet.

I also wonder how fast Sonic's running speed will be? I hope it's like Quicksilver's speed, to where he can run on walls and across water. It would also be really cool to see him have the homing attack (jump + attack) or the spin dash (hold circle or B).

There's also a lot of potential for his specials as well. Overall, really exited to see him.

________

But that Raven figure... Why did they have to make the figs based off Teen Titans Go? Teen Titans Go is arguably the most hated show that's currently on Cartoon Network. The figures for them look so... simplistic as well. I'm really not liking those eyes either.

Here's to hoping Raven gets an actual minifigure soon.

Edited by gamejutzu

Yes! My man Sonic is confirmed to be in the game! Now all I need is a Shadow and Tails team pack, or just a Shadow or Tails fun pack.

I can already tell what Sonic's vehicle will be. He'll use the Speed Star, which can transform into a speedboat and jet.

I also wonder how fast Sonic's running speed will be? I hope it's like Quicksilver's speed, to where he can run on walls and across water. It would also be really cool to see him have the homing attack (jump + attack) or the spin dash (hold circle or B).

There's also a lot of potential for his specials as well. Overall, really exited to see him.

________

But that Raven figure... Why did they have to make the figs based off Teen Titans Go? Teen Titans Go is arguably the most hated show that's currently on Cartoon Network. The figures for them look so... simplistic as well. I'm really not liking those eyes either.

Here's to hoping Raven gets an actual minifigure soon.

Well...I guess not everything's good news in terms of the announcements I suppose. Don't really care for Teen Titans Go either. Thankfully Beast Boy and Raven will be the only characters we will get in terms of that show anyway.

And I bet Gizmo's, er... gizmo... is the pink Barbie car - though of course it can't/won't use the Barbie branding.

XXX

I wonder what Stripe will get?

A chainsaw or a pistol? I'm gonna laugh if he has a bucket of fried chicken.

Th guy that makes the game, arthurp8, posted on his Instagram something about the reveal, but then in the hashtags, he tagged #powerpuffgirls. Confirmation?

Th guy that makes the game, arthurp8, posted on his Instagram something about the reveal, but then in the hashtags, he tagged #powerpuffgirls. Confirmation?

It was already confirmed in the press release. We know all 16 new Themes.

What are some predictions for other characters from these new franchises? My guesses (From the franchises I like):

Sonic: Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Amy, Silver, Blaze (These two could be a team pack), Eggman.

A-Team: Hannibal, Murdock.

Harry Potter: Ron, Hermione, Neville.

Also, I kinda want B.A. to have Master-Builder abilities, 'cause of how building things is kind of a big thing in the show.

Interested in Sonic (he looks amazing!), Harry Potter, and Fantastic Beasts. Maaaaybe Gizmo as well.