TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

"The Ghostbusters Story Pack, based on the upcoming film, will provide a complete movie-based gameplay experience with six puzzle-packed levels and new LEGO Gateway bricks that allow players to build Zhu’s Chinese Restaurant atop the LEGO Toy Pad. It will also come with a buildable Abby Yates LEGO minifigure with Proton Blaster and 3-in-1 buildable Ecto-1 which can be rebuilt into the Ectozer and The PerfEcto. The pack unlocks “Rip,” a new Toy Pad mode allowing players to tear open an alternate universe. In this mirror world, players have the ability to solve puzzles and affect objects and other items in the primary universe. And like all gold-tag minifigures purchased, Abby Yates provides access to a new themed Adventure World with its own unique Battle Arena. The Ghostbusters Story Pack is just the first of this new exciting pack type, with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, based on the highly anticipated theatrical release, still to come later this year. The LEGO DIMENSIONS packs will be the exclusive construction toy offering this holiday for the exciting expansion of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World.

Story Packs also expand the Starter Pack story with deeper gameplay. In the game’s storyline, the evil Lord Vortech has hidden portions of his powers around the LEGO Multiverse. As players progress through Story Pack levels, they can unearth and tap into Keystone Runes to use Lord Vortech’s powers against him through all-new Toy Pad modes."

Kind of important info about the Story Packs.

I really hope they show us more packs today like the physical versions of each but something tells me we will have to wait for it

Beetlejuice? Can't say I saw that one coming (despite the heavy 80s vibe we're getting from year 2), but I'm really excited :sweet: Wonder what the accessory will be... maybe one of those sandworms? :grin:

So, is there no expansion to the original story then, just the new story packs?

The original story is continuing, it just looks like you need to buy Story Packs for that as well.

Where are original LEGO themes? Sure, LEGO city undercover's here, but I'd rather have Nexo Knights or Adventurers rather than themes LEGO hasn't even touched like Powerpuff Girls or Beetlejuice.

There's a lot to look forward to here. Sadly for some properties I don't see getting more than one pack. Outside of Sloth I can't really think of many characters from The Goonies that would make a good playable character, maybe if it were a team pack he would come with Chunk. I could see Elliot with ET. Otherwise though I don't see much expansion for some franchises.

Nice to see them still advertising the characters from the first series, maybe we'll see some additions to those franchises at some point.

Is that who the odd creature in the superman shirt is?

Apparently that's Sloth from The Goonies.

Edit: Someone beat me to it.

Edited by Puffle Pal26

Drool drool that e.t. , gizmo, sloth! Sonic, mr.T, jake and finn i want them all!!

Btw sonics legs would look good on cap america i guess.

Teen titans is a bit too cartoony for me.

Really, i'd probably just buy the FB pack, for Newt.

Still not buying the game, why so much 80's? And why not continue on on already established franchises in the game? (Altough it is good to see HP back)

LEGO CITY UNDERCOVER!!!

While I'm disappointed that there aren't more original Lego IPs on the list, I have been hoping for this franchise in particular for a long time. I wonder what exactly we'll get. A team pack with Chase McCain and Rex Fury would be awesome, but so would a story pack that could conceivably include levels based on recent City subthemes like Arctic, Volcano, and Deep Sea Explorers.

Very impressive lineup from Lego! I'm not a Lego Dimensions person (I feel that 'Toys to Life' games are waaaay too expensive) but I am interested in these minifigs. I wish they weren't so overpriced!

INTERESTED IN: Sonic, The Goonies, Fantastic Beasts, Harry Potter.

Some very odd, 80's-centric choices here.

The original story is continuing, it just looks like you need to buy Story Packs for that as well.

I wonder what other Story Packs there will be as well as Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter? An eight-level Sonic The Hedgehog story would be fun.

There's a lot to look forward to here. Sadly for some properties I don't see getting more than one pack. Outside of Sloth I can't really think of many characters from The Goonies that would make a good playable character, maybe if it were a team pack he would come with Chunk. I could see Elliot with ET. Otherwise though I don't see much expansion for some franchises.

I think out of the new franchises, the one with the most potential is probably Harry Potter. There are a lot of iconic Harry Potter characters they could do.

So, this sounds like it does mean that Green Lantern and Supergirl are event exclusives, or going to come as part of a new starter as mentioned before.

I think out of the new franchises, the one with the most potential is probably Harry Potter. There are a lot of iconic Harry Potter characters they could do.

Every franchise has tons of characters they could do. I don't know why there's the continual assumption that they will go back to "old" franchises to make more characters. Lego will (and should) only go forward with new franchises to entice more people to join in to the game. Plus they've already made full games for Harry Potter, Jurassic World, LotR, etc. so making more packs for them is rather redundant. Not that I don't appreciate their inclusion in the first place.

This to me solidifies that Star Wars and Marvel are not too far behind. You can't have a huge revolution of minifigure collecting like this and not throw your hat into the ring. It seems every IP that's important will want to have a spot in this collection.

Lego has found a way to beat out the action figure contracts that have limited them in the past - make the minifigures part of a toys-to-life game. Brilliant.