TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Interesting they did not include the second character from the Jurasic World pack in that collage. I guess he was too secondarily. Are they missing any others?

Interesting they did not include the second character from the Jurasic World pack in that collage. I guess he was too secondarily. Are they missing any others?

The Jurrasic world asset control guy wasn't on the box art in the pack he came in. The collage was mixed from the box art graphics so he was left out.

Wonder why they've started teasing 2.0 now then? Very strange...

We're only about two or so weeks away from E3. It's not that unusual to start teasing the announcement around now, while saving the more concrete details (such as the physical packs, full list of upcoming sets, and gameplay footage) for the event itself.

We're only about two or so weeks away from E3. It's not that unusual to start teasing the announcement around now, while saving the more concrete details (such as the physical packs, full list of upcoming sets, and gameplay footage) for the event itself.

That's the idea. Though then again have Traveller's Tales announced that they will be E3?

LEGO Dimensions will be at E3 and there will be an announcement regarding the next wave of packs. I'm expecting a trailer with some small gameplay that shows all of the franchises coming. Powerpuff Girls will probably be shown later, if that's even coming.

How did it work last year?

I remember there being a lot of trailers, did they announce all the franchises at E3 last year or was it just a few?

How did it work last year?

I remember there being a lot of trailers, did they announce all the franchises at E3 last year or was it just a few?

I believe there were only a few announced, and the rest came later.

I believe there were only a few announced, and the rest came later.

As I remember it, we knew what all the franchises were by about April! E3 showed us gameplay for the first time with bits of 'Follow the LEGO brick road','GLaD to see you' and 'mystery mansion mash up' being playable for press coverage. The interactive nature of the Toy Pad was also revealed.

Doctor Who content and the Adventure Worlds were revealed at SDCC in July with the Oz AW being showcased.

So they may do something similar this time round, with Sonic being the main focus at E3 (assuming the rumours are true!) and SDCC going for new DC or TTG (speculated!!) content.

Can we stop calling it 2.0? That's pretty misleading (and an honestly very scary thought! My wallet can't afford another $100 game!)

Can we stop calling it 2.0? That's pretty misleading (and an honestly very scary thought! My wallet can't afford another $100 game!)

It isn't another game. It'll be additional content through the level packs and probably the connectables. So your wallet doesn't need to worry :grin:

(Unless the connectables will cost a lot... :sceptic: )

Edited by Ashnflash

Uh-oh... Just saw another acronym that would fit AT... Adventures of Tintin :sceptic: It would make sense because the movie did well and I'm pretty sure a sequel is in the works

Adventures of tintin? What's that? They're obviously not going to put that franchise in as it's not as known like other franchises.

Edited by amazingbricks

Adventures of tintin? What's that? They're obviously not going to put that franchise in as it's not as known like other franchises.

The Adventures of Tintin is a Belgium comic strip series that's about a young man named Tintin going on adventures around the world with his white dog Snowy and a foul tempered seaman, Captain Haddock. To be honest with you, I'm not surprised that you don't know anything about Tintin because it's more popular over here in Europe than it is in the states really.

As much as I'd like that franchise to be in Lego Dimensions it's not gonna happen mainly because of different audiences and different tastes plus not that many people knowing about the series in general.

Edited by Starscream759

The Adventures of Tintin is a Belgium comic strip series that's about a young man named Tintin going on adventures around the world with his white dog Snowy and a foul tempered seaman, Captain Haddock. To be honest with you, I'm not surprised that you don't know anything about Tintin because it's more popular over here in Europe than it is in the states really.

As much as I'd like that franchise to be in Lego Dimensions it's not gonna happen mainly because of different audiences and different tastes plus not that many people knowing about the series in general.

Tintin isn't unknown in the States by any means. Maybe not as relevant as it once was, but I grew up watching the Adventures of Tintin cartoon on Nickelodeon in the 90s and reading the classic comic books at my local library. The 2011 movie by Steven Spielberg was commercially and critically successful, and last we heard its sequel The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun is being released towards the end of this year, though it may have been pushed back.

All in all, I think Tintin is a lot more relevant today than the A-Team. Let's not forget the attempted movie reboot of the A-Team underperformed in the box office and isn't getting a sequel (though there is a project underway to reboot the series yet again for TV in 2017). So if that franchise appears in LEGO Dimensions this year, it'll be riding purely on 80s nostalgia. The Adventures of Tintin is a much older franchise, but due to its movie incarnation it's still pretty relevant.

All that said, I think Adventure Time still seems like the most likely candidate for the "AT" packs, though I could be wrong.

Edited by Aanchir

Tintin isn't unknown in the States by any means. Maybe not as relevant as it once was, but I grew up watching the Adventures of Tintin cartoon on Nickelodeon in the 90s and reading the classic comic books at my local library. The 2011 movie by Steven Spielberg was commercially and critically successful, and last we heard its sequel The Adventures of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun is being released towards the end of this year, though it may have been pushed back.

All in all, I think Tintin is a lot more relevant today than the A-Team. Let's not forget the attempted movie reboot of the A-Team underperformed in the box office and isn't getting a sequel (though there is a project underway to reboot the series yet again for TV in 2017). So if that franchise appears in LEGO Dimensions this year, it'll be riding purely on 80s nostalgia. The Adventures of Tintin is a much older franchise, but due to its movie incarnation it's still pretty relevant.

All that said, I think Adventure Time still seems like the most likely candidate for the "AT" packs, though I could be wrong.

I never said it was entirely unknown but I get where you coming from with the recent movie but considering how the american box office didn't fare so well despite it being a good movie, I don't know how relevant the series might be in terms of getting Tintin for Lego Dimensions but we have E3 to look forward to. Who knows? Maybe it could happen.

Doctor Who is also not known by many but know everybody knows it.

That sentence contradicts itself. Doctor Who cannot be unknown by many and yet also known by everyone.

Doctor Who is also not known by many but know everybody knows it.

To some extent yes. I think it's my home country of Britain along with New Zealand and Australia that are more mainstream with Doctor Who whilst with the rest of the world they've either heard and seen a bit of the show or it's not really big to a certain part of the world and thus never heard of Doctor Who. It depends on where you live really. Then again I'm not really an expert on things that are supposedly popular and what aren't popular. Edited by Starscream759