TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Lego Dimensions Day is at Gamestop for tomorrow only. You can get the current wave and any other Fun Pack for $7.19. I am going to pickup Slimer.

I'm going to wait till Best Buy has a sale. Best Buy has been pretty good about having sales for LEGO Dimensions to compete with other retailers including Amazon. I have a GCU membership that gives me an additional 20% off the sale price for packs.

Edited by Arigomi

Reading this thread really makes me feel weird.

"I heard from my source guy _______"

"A reliable source said ________"

"I know for a fact that _______"

I mean, I know you guys are trying to help, but... There's so much low-key...

_

I'm planning on getting the Sonic pack, but I don't own LD.

Is it worth it, even if it turns out to be a level pack?

If you're a Sonic fan, then yes. If you're a casual Sonic gamer, then no. To be honest, you're better off spending money on buying the LEGO Dimensions starter pack because it would make it much better value for money for you.

So, do we know if Lego is ever planning another story and/or Lego Dimensions 2? I know we can keep adding Adventure Worlds but what about the main story?

Edited by Tech Artist

They made a major selling point of the idea the original game would continue to work with new add-on packs for years, without having to upgrade the game itself. I think if they introduced a major new version they'd have a lot of upset customers on their hands, and rightly so (unless the new material were offered only as a free download). I think they're going to want to stick to the original game (+ add-ons, of course) for at least three years from the original release.

I would think the new line is Star Wars. I've read that it may be due to Rogue One coming out shortly later and the abrupt stoppage of Infinity might be due to getting this out in time.

I would think the new line is Star Wars. I've read that it may be due to Rogue One coming out shortly later and the abrupt stoppage of Infinity might be due to getting this out in time.

We're going to get way more than one new property, it wouldn't just be Star Wars.

Also, Disney Infinity just wrapped up last week-ish and the Lego Dimensions announcement is going to (probably) be at E3 which is 4 weeks from now, so it's way too soon. I can see them adding stuff on further down the line. I'd love some Fun Packs for the harder to get Star Wars figures.

Pics for Green Arrow are up on Minifig Price Guide

Edited by CM4Sci

My guess (and hope) on these promo packs is that they're event-exclusive only in the yellow-gold color of the bases, and that the same figures will be available elsewhere in decent quantity, just with regular, light trans-blue bases. I don't know, of course, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to otherwise (creating not just the printed, specially-colored physical elements for these packs, but also all the digital assets for the game, just for perhaps a few hundred copies). I'd certainly hope so, as making true exclusives out characters a lot of people will want sounds like a recipe for a huge number of angry players. They can still offer a nice exclusive for E3 attendees just by having the bases be different colors. But we'll see, I guess.

If I'm right about that, the next question for the purpose of list-making would be whether the "wide-release" versions of Supergirl and Green Arrow would have the same set numbers. I'm guessing not, but of course we don't know - yet! Once again, then, here's the current list of all known packs, color-coded for easy distinction of Starter, Level, Team and Fun Packs, plus the new Connectables, with known characters (or assumed ones, like Sonic and Mr. T), and also now featuring Promo Packs:

71170 - Starter Pack: PS3 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71171 - Starter Pack: PS4 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71172 - Starter Pack: XBox One (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71173 - Starter Pack: XBox 360 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71174 - Starter Pack: Wii U (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71201 - Level Pack: Back to the Future (Marty McFly)

71202 - Level Pack: The Simpsons (Homer Simpson)

71203 - Level Pack: Portal 2 (Chell)

71204 - Level Pack: Doctor Who (the Doctor)

71205 - Team Pack: Jurassic World (Owen Grady & ACU Trooper)

71206 - Team Pack: Scooby-Doo! (Scooby-Doo & Shaggy)

71207 - Team Pack: NinjaGo (Cole & Kai)

71208 - ?

71209 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Wonder Woman)

71210 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Cyborg)

71211 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Bart Simpson)

71212 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Emmet Brickowski)

71213 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Bad Cop)

71214 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Benny)

71215 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Jay)

71216 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Nya)

71217 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Zane)

71218 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gollum)

71219 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Legolas)

71220 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gimli)

71221 - Fun Pack: The Wizard of Oz (Wicked Witch)

71222 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Laval)

71223 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Cragger)

71224 - ?

71225 - ?

71226 - ?

71227 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Krusty the Clown)

71228 - Level Pack: Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman)

71229 - Team Pack: DC Comics (The Joker & Harley Quinn)

71230 - Fun Pack: Back to the Future (Doc Brown)

71231 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Unikitty)

71232 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Eris)

71233 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Mr. Stay Puft)

71234 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Sensei Wu)

71235 - Level Pack: Midway Arcade (gamer)

71236 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Superman)

71237 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Aquaman)

71238 - Fun Pack: Doctor Who (Cyberman)

71239 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Lloyd)

71240 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Bane)

71241 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Slimer)

71242 - ? Pack: Ghostbusters (?)

71243 - ? Pack: Harry Potter (?)

71244 - ? Pack: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

71245 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71246 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71247 - ? Pack: Harry Potter (?)

71248 - ? Pack: "MI"

71249 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71250 - ? Pack: Ghostbusters (?)

71251 - ? Pack: Mr. T (Mr. T)

71252 - ? Pack: "KR"

71253 - ? Pack: Fantastic Beasts (and Where to Find Them) (?)

71254 - ? Pack: Teen Titans GO! (?)

71255 - ? Pack: Teen Titans GO! (?)

71256 - ? Pack: "GR"

71257 - ? Pack: Fantastic Beasts (and Where to Find Them) (?)

71258 - ? Pack: "ET"

71259 - Connectable 1

71260 - Connectable 2

71261 - Connectable 3

71262 - Connectable 4

71263 - Connectable 5

71340 - Promo Pack: DC Comics (Supergirl)

71341 - ?

71342 - Promo Pack: DC Comics (Green Arrow)

As before, we also believe Jillian Holtzmann is in one of the new Ghostbusters packs, and I'm assuming one of the Harry Potter packs does in fact contain Harry Potter. Since there are multiple packs listed for both, though, I'm not assigning those characters to specific packs just yet, though it seems to me Harry would likely be in the first pack for his franchise.

Still plenty of gaps in the numbering!

We know for sure that one of the TTG figures is Raven. And I'm pretty sure the gold disc is only for limited edition figures. I'm not too sad about Green Arrow... He's not even voiced by Stephen Amell so...

Also I'm gonna cry if they don't get the actual voice cast for TTG like they did with Ninjago :cry_sad: But they did get the guy who voiced Robin... So hopefully...

Edited by Ashnflash

We know for sure that one of the TTG figures is Raven. And I'm pretty sure the gold disc is only for limited edition figures. I'm not too sad about Green Arrow... He's not even voiced by Stephen Amell so...

Also I'm gonna cry if they don't get the actual voice cast for TTG like they did with Ninjago :cry_sad: But they did get the guy who voiced Robin... So hopefully...

Well they have got Tara Strong doing voices in the game already it would be foolish to not have her as Raven. Though I'm kind of wondering since Cyborg is already in the game as his DC Comics counterpart how are they gonna dance around the fact that there's another version of him from an animated show even though the Lego version of Cyborg pretty much borrows his personality from the original cartoon series?

Though I'm kind of wondering since Cyborg is already in the game as his DC Comics counterpart how are they gonna dance around the fact that there's another version of him from an animated show even though the Lego version of Cyborg pretty much borrows his personality from the original cartoon series?

Perhaps the same way they already reference having multiple Batmen in the game?

We're going to get way more than one new property, it wouldn't just be Star Wars.

Also, Disney Infinity just wrapped up last week-ish and the Lego Dimensions announcement is going to (probably) be at E3 which is 4 weeks from now, so it's way too soon. I can see them adding stuff on further down the line. I'd love some Fun Packs for the harder to get Star Wars figures.

It's not way too soon. Disney and Lego could have been working out the deal for some time now and only recently decided to pull Infinity. More than likely Disney had the Infinity pull planned late last year, as companies plan this stuff way in advance.

Disney has been exceptional about keeping secrets lately, so I believe there could be Star Wars products being manufactured as we speak.

Perhaps the same way they already reference having multiple Batmen in the game?

Oh yeah. But then again why am I worrying over a cartoony version of a character that's already in the game? I don't even like Teen Titans Go. And I am aware that are fans for that show.

Though I'm kind of wondering since Cyborg is already in the game as his DC Comics counterpart how are they gonna dance around the fact that there's another version of him from an animated show even though the Lego version of Cyborg pretty much borrows his personality from the original cartoon series?

Well I'll say that first we don't know that we'll get a TTG version of Cyborg. There's a possibility they'll just use the one that's already in the game. After all the personality is the same as well as the powers, really a TTG version of him would just be a costume variation and little else. But even if they did include a TTG version there's no reason that they couldn't treat him as the same character just in a new costume.

I kind of expect that they'll ultimately combine the best of both shows for whatever world/characters/vehicles they're cooking up. That's one thing I really like about Dimensions, they seem to have a pretty good idea about what the fans actually want out of these properties.

I'm not sure if we know 100%? Though I do think someone confirmed that it's new Ghostbusters (I'm sure they're regretting it since the movie is getting so much hate!)

GooseBumps, man, that would be so cool. I can imagine an Adventure World with so many references to the classics... but the only problem is there really aren't many super iconic characters, though there are some iconic monsters from the show.

My guess (and hope) on these promo packs is that they're event-exclusive only in the yellow-gold color of the bases, and that the same figures will be available elsewhere in decent quantity, just with regular, light trans-blue bases. I don't know, of course, but it seems like an awful lot of trouble to go to otherwise (creating not just the printed, specially-colored physical elements for these packs, but also all the digital assets for the game, just for perhaps a few hundred copies). I'd certainly hope so, as making true exclusives out characters a lot of people will want sounds like a recipe for a huge number of angry players. They can still offer a nice exclusive for E3 attendees just by having the bases be different colors. But we'll see, I guess.

If I'm right about that, the next question for the purpose of list-making would be whether the "wide-release" versions of Supergirl and Green Arrow would have the same set numbers. I'm guessing not, but of course we don't know - yet! Once again, then, here's the current list of all known packs, color-coded for easy distinction of Starter, Level, Team and Fun Packs, plus the new Connectables, with known characters (or assumed ones, like Sonic and Mr. T), and also now featuring Promo Packs:

71170 - Starter Pack: PS3 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71171 - Starter Pack: PS4 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71172 - Starter Pack: XBox One (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71173 - Starter Pack: XBox 360 (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71174 - Starter Pack: Wii U (Wyldstyle, Gandalf, & Batman)

71201 - Level Pack: Back to the Future (Marty McFly)

71202 - Level Pack: The Simpsons (Homer Simpson)

71203 - Level Pack: Portal 2 (Chell)

71204 - Level Pack: Doctor Who (the Doctor)

71205 - Team Pack: Jurassic World (Owen Grady & ACU Trooper)

71206 - Team Pack: Scooby-Doo! (Scooby-Doo & Shaggy)

71207 - Team Pack: NinjaGo (Cole & Kai)

71208 - ?

71209 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Wonder Woman)

71210 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Cyborg)

71211 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Bart Simpson)

71212 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Emmet Brickowski)

71213 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Bad Cop)

71214 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Benny)

71215 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Jay)

71216 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Nya)

71217 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Zane)

71218 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gollum)

71219 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Legolas)

71220 - Fun Pack: The Lord of the Rings (Gimli)

71221 - Fun Pack: The Wizard of Oz (Wicked Witch)

71222 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Laval)

71223 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Cragger)

71224 - ?

71225 - ?

71226 - ?

71227 - Fun Pack: The Simpsons (Krusty the Clown)

71228 - Level Pack: Ghostbusters (Peter Venkman)

71229 - Team Pack: DC Comics (The Joker & Harley Quinn)

71230 - Fun Pack: Back to the Future (Doc Brown)

71231 - Fun Pack: The LEGO Movie (Unikitty)

71232 - Fun Pack: Legends of Chima (Eris)

71233 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Mr. Stay Puft)

71234 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Sensei Wu)

71235 - Level Pack: Midway Arcade (gamer)

71236 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Superman)

71237 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Aquaman)

71238 - Fun Pack: Doctor Who (Cyberman)

71239 - Fun Pack: NinjaGo (Lloyd)

71240 - Fun Pack: DC Comics (Bane)

71241 - Fun Pack: Ghostbusters (Slimer)

71242 - ? Pack: Ghostbusters (?)

71243 - ? Pack: Harry Potter (?)

71244 - ? Pack: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)

71245 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71246 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71247 - ? Pack: Harry Potter (?)

71248 - ? Pack: "MI"

71249 - ? Pack: Adventure Time (?)

71250 - ? Pack: Ghostbusters (?)

71251 - ? Pack: Mr. T (Mr. T)

71252 - ? Pack: "KR"

71253 - ? Pack: Fantastic Beasts (and Where to Find Them) (?)

71254 - ? Pack: Teen Titans GO! (?)

71255 - ? Pack: Teen Titans GO! (?)

71256 - ? Pack: "GR"

71257 - ? Pack: Fantastic Beasts (and Where to Find Them) (?)

71258 - ? Pack: "ET"

71259 - Connectable 1

71260 - Connectable 2

71261 - Connectable 3

71262 - Connectable 4

71263 - Connectable 5

71340 - Promo Pack: DC Comics (Supergirl)

71341 - ?

71342 - Promo Pack: DC Comics (Green Arrow)

As before, we also believe Jillian Holtzmann is in one of the new Ghostbusters packs, and I'm assuming one of the Harry Potter packs does in fact contain Harry Potter. Since there are multiple packs listed for both, though, I'm not assigning those characters to specific packs just yet, though it seems to me Harry would likely be in the first pack for his franchise.

Still plenty of gaps in the numbering!

One of the Harry Potter packs include Hermione Granger.

Just wanted to say, as most of us know this leaked list came out quite a long time back now. Considering the content shown for Phase 2 looks like a drop in the bucket in comparison to what we got for Phase 1, I think these are just *partial* lists. So while Harry Potter only pops up twice here, I'd assume we'll be getting much more than that.

If they want to do a limited edition Green Arrow and Supergirl for E3, that's fine, but I sure hope they come out in the game. Yeah, I get that they will probably have duplicative powers, but that's not the point - I'd like to play with those two characters in game!

If they want to do a limited edition Green Arrow and Supergirl for E3, that's fine, but I sure hope they come out in the game. Yeah, I get that they will probably have duplicative powers, but that's not the point - I'd like to play with those two characters in game!

If they are limited, i doubt they will get released to the public.