TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Hmm, that's certainly an interesting find. As legozebra said, it is Wikipedia though. :laugh:

On a side note, I had Bad Cop and Unikitty on the board together and she just told him that she "possesses a very particular set of skills..."

I love this game. :wub:

It would be pretty neat to be able to upgrade characters.

Tbh, if there's anything Lego games need, it's depth. So what if kids actually have to do a puzzle without a button prompt every 3 seconds? Upgrades would add amazing mechanics to gameplay, depending on what the upgrades are.

I doubt there'll ever be a combat-focused adventure game from LEGO, but that's not all upgrades are for. If you could equip three upgrades at a time, you could solve puzzles in several creative ways.

If Minecraft has proven anything many layers of simplistic systems works very well at giving a game depth. Each system (fishing, farming, crafting, potions, and etc...) are all easy to use but stacked on top make the game feel like theres a lot to do. Lego games could learn a thing or two from that. Just a couple of systems of game mechanics that promote replayability ontop of what they already have could do a lot to help. Lego Star Wars III I think was a massive step in the right direction with the battles and the ability to explore the CIS ship after beating the Republic ship. They need to take that further.

Looks like Angry Birds will be added to LEGO Dimensions in Spring this year: https://en.wikipedia...Lego_Dimensions

https://en.wikipedia...gry_Birds_Movie

Urgh "Angry Birds"? Really? And I thought The Annoying Orange was all over the place in the media. Seriously how in god's name do you adapt a game where you fling birds from slingshots into an animated film? Edited by Starscream759

Urgh "Angry Birds"? Really? And I thought The Annoying Orange was all over the place in the media. Seriously how in god's name do you adapt a game where you fling birds from slingshots into an animated film?

I mean it can be done but what their doing is just not good. The problem is they are trying to have them have human features and such and Angry Birds is just not that. The rest of it I don't get as well.

The Lego sets have a lot of useful parts though.

Edit: Picked up Doc Brown today for $7.59 at Target. :)

Edited by Tech Artist

? I don't remember hearing about Angry Birds.

Then again, we just found out somehow about Green Arrow and Supergirl, maybe there's some sort of wave we haven't heard about yet.

Edited by CM4Sci

Ok I can't get gozer to light up the lights in the ghostbusters level ?? I have watched the walk through and seem to be doing it right . Xbox 360 . Is there a glitch in this game?? Anyone else having this problem?

YES! I've completed my main goal: 100% all Portal content(Hire-A-Hero <3. It has saved me a lot of money). I feel a sense of accomplishment yet I have so far to go for full 100% of the game. It's a bittersweet moment.

Edited by Tech Artist

Nice find! Not sure how accurate that is given it's Wikipedia but I guess we have to wait and see!

Thanks! It is very interesting indeed. Maybe they are supposed to be the ''Connectable'' packs from the leaked list? I dunno, we have to find out.

Looks like Angry Birds will be added to LEGO Dimensions in Spring this year: https://en.wikipedia...Lego_Dimensions

https://en.wikipedia...gry_Birds_Movie

I'll be really annoyed if The Angry Birds Movie takes the place of new Doctor Who Dimensions packs. Sent a couple of suggestions for new Doctor Who packs to the developers concerning Clara Oswald and Missy fun packs (there is actually a form you can fill in with feedback/suggestions); hope they listen and release Clara and Missy as playable characters.

I'll be really annoyed if The Angry Birds Movie takes the place of new Doctor Who Dimensions packs. Sent a couple of suggestions for new Doctor Who packs to the developers concerning Clara Oswald and Missy fun packs (there is actually a form you can fill in with feedback/suggestions); hope they listen and release Clara and Missy as playable characters.

Really? Can you show me the form please? I would love to have more playable Doctor Who characters! :excited:

Are there any other playable characters in the game that are also rescues? That was the big reason I kinda gave up on Clara out of the gate. I'd love to be wrong on this, though! The Doctor needs a companion!

Just submitted a suggestion for my whole "making fun packs out of the Doctor and the Ghostbusters but with new figures" idea. Maybe slipped a little something in there about a companion, a sidekick, and the fastest man alive, too :wink: Here's hoping they listen, because I need a Tenth Doctor figure more than I need air!

I mean anything can be confirmed now. We have Harry Potter confirmed, Green Arrow and Supergirl and now Angry Birds?

Edited by Ordinareo

It's Wikipedia, I don't remember reading or seeing anything about Angry Birds - so as of now, NO Angry Birds in Dimensions.

The Angry Birds thing has been on Wikipedia for months, but there's never been anything said, other than that.

But it does seem as safe bet to be included.

It's Wikipedia, I don't remember reading or seeing anything about Angry Birds - so as of now, NO Angry Birds in Dimensions.

Yeah, the complete lack of sources on either page makes me seriously doubt this is real.

Are there any other playable characters in the game that are also rescues? That was the big reason I kinda gave up on Clara out of the gate. I'd love to be wrong on this, though! The Doctor needs a companion!

I'm not sure but I doubt it's a rule that rescued characters can't also be NFC figures. There are characters who give out quests and are also playable as NFC minifigures though so definitely no reason why they couldn't do Missy (unless LEGO for some reason think there isn't enough of a demand to play as the Master).

Just submitted a suggestion for my whole "making fun packs out of the Doctor and the Ghostbusters but with new figures" idea. Maybe slipped a little something in there about a companion, a sidekick, and the fastest man alive, too :wink: Here's hoping they listen, because I need a Tenth Doctor figure more than I need air!

The more of us who make the same suggestions, the more likely it will be. We can only hope.

That's a ticket for big reports, not suggestions. :hmpf:

It can also be used on Twitter; that's what they said in their tweet. Also - the response I got said they would pass my feedback on so they are accepting it:

Good morning Sean,

Thank you for contacting LEGO Dimensions Support with regard to your kind suggestion! We will report this to our colleagues at the Game Development Team.

Your feedback will be sent to our colleagues at the Game Development Team. I'm afraid they can't answer each submission individually, however any changes and updates to your game will be posted on our main sites, which are:

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-DIMENSIONS/bd-p/LEGO_DIMENSIONS

http://www.lego.com/en-gb/dimensions/info

https://www.facebook.com/LEGODimensions/

https://twitter.com/LEGODimensions

https://plus.google.com/+LEGODimensions/posts

http://lego-dimensions.wikia.com/wiki/LEGO_Dimensions_Wikia

If you have any other queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you,

Claire B.

LEGO Dimensions Support

If you reply, please do not change the default subject line. This will ensure that your update is added to your existing ticket. You may always search our FAQ or request additional support at support.legodimensions.com.

Original Ticket Details:

Subject: Doctor Who suggestion

Description: Hello,

I am a big fan of your game, especially the Doctor Who content but I just feel that currently it feels odd to play as the Doctor without one of the companions from the series. The Doctor always travels with a companion and to me that's the only major element missing from the Doctor Who content. My suggestion is that there should be a Clara Oswald fun pack which allows you to play as her two splinters from Asylum of the Daleks and The Snowmen (Oswin and governess Clara) as well as modern day Clara herself. Her vehicle could be her motorbike seen occasionally in series 7, 8 and 9.

Also: it would be nice to see another character with a TARDIS introduced. How about a Missy fun pack that allows you to play as every incarnation of the Master? In the classic series, the Master had his own TARDIS and whilst its chameleon circuit was working its most iconic form was the grandfather clock and in my opinion that would make for a great build. Given that this TARDIS could also change to blend in with its surrounding, it would also open itself more freely to the 3-in-1 build.

I hope you take my suggestions onboard in terms of Doctor Who content.

Kind Regards,

Sean Bassett

If Minecraft has proven anything many layers of simplistic systems works very well at giving a game depth. Each system (fishing, farming, crafting, potions, and etc...) are all easy to use but stacked on top make the game feel like theres a lot to do. Lego games could learn a thing or two from that. Just a couple of systems of game mechanics that promote replayability ontop of what they already have could do a lot to help. Lego Star Wars III I think was a massive step in the right direction with the battles and the ability to explore the CIS ship after beating the Republic ship. They need to take that further.

But there's the thing... Minecraft is a different game.

Minecraft is a complete open world, while Lego games aren't. There isn't a lot to do that would boost replayability.

There's two points I made in my last post: One, that Lego games are too simple these days and could use an actual challenge rather than just button prompts.

And two, that future Lego games and even a patch of LD could benefit from character upgrades (that are sensible, of course). For example, upgrade flight speed, since basically every character has the same flight speed.

There's two points I made in my last post: One, that Lego games are too simple these days and could use an actual challenge rather than just button prompts.

But it's not broke, so why fix it?

And two, that future Lego games and even a patch of LD could benefit from character upgrades (that are sensible, of course). For example, upgrade flight speed, since basically every character has the same flight speed.

That would be interesting but again, it's not broken.

But it's not broke, so why fix it?

It may not be broken, but it is getting boring. I don't like what LEGO is doing. When it starts to get old, they make one or two fresh ideas, and it goes on. Aren't you tired of it?

That would be interesting but again, it's not broken.

Again, it may not be broken, but does that matter? If it makes the game more unique, while retaining at least the same amount of fun it had, then why not?

Edited by gamejutzu

On a side note, I had Bad Cop and Unikitty on the board together and she just told him that she "possesses a very particular set of skills..."

That is incredibly awesome! :thumbup:

Stop making me want to buy a system that works with the game! :laugh: