TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Lloyd does come out in the 5th wave - which I'm looking forward to because I like the dragons.

Bane is kind of nice. We haven't had a real Bane figure since 2013 (not including the short leg one from the micro fighters).

Slimer is also kind of cool - something we haven't had before except in the huge Ghostbusters set.

I'm actually still looking forward to the fifth wave and beyond.

Same here. Are you sure Bane is supposed to come out in the same wave as Slimer though? I have seen him advertised in a sales paper together with Stay Puft etc. and the ones that are out right now.

Bane is good for those who don't have him, but he's just a reissue of the 2012 version with a built-up backpack. Stay Puft and Slimer are more desirable to me because they're both exclusive (the HQ Slimer has a different face).

I've yet to get a Bane so I'll be sure to pick him up, and Slimer is essential for some of the puzzles out there. Plus I want his figure without paying a king's sum for it.

As for this wave, I'm going to see if I can just find the discs for Aquaman and Superman, as I already have multiples of their figures and Stay Puff is a must. I have Midway coming in since I found it for $20 and I'm an arcade nut.

Is there any idea when the next few waves will be announced officially?

I'm assuming at E3. It's only a few days after the 5th wave, and it's where most of the best announcements for games happen.

I do like the fact that Gamer Kid is totally original and exists purely for LD, unlike all the other figures.

I agree, Gamer Kid being a new character is a bonus. Shame they couldn't have given him a name though. Even calling him Billy Bob would be something.

I agree, Gamer Kid being a new character is a bonus. Shame they couldn't have given him a name though. Even calling him Billy Bob would be something.

Nah, I like the enigma!

Just got home from work and playing the Midway level...game crashes on Wii U.I'd forgotten how buggy this game can be. Still, I'm waiting for a price drop before getting another SP for PS4 and hopefully, that'll be better.

I almost wish they would do a separate Lego Adventure Time game in on it's self. The series lends itself very well to TellTales style of humor and gameplay plus the episodic content is a perfect fit to the mission format.

It's Traveller's Tales not TellTale. TellTale made BttF: The Game.

A lot of people got confused by this.

Is there a special trick needed to access the Midway arcade level?

When I take the Gamer Guy to the central platform in Vortron, I don't see either the level or the open world available in level select. When I take him to the Midway Arcade gateway in Vortron, the portal that appears is red, and when i jump through it nothing happens. I also tried to access the Arcade Platform in the Back to the Future level, but neither Gamer Guy nor the Arcade Machine could interact with it in anyway.

Is my game bugged, or am I missing something?

Is there a special trick needed to access the Midway arcade level?

When I take the Gamer Guy to the central platform in Vortron, I don't see either the level or the open world available in level select. When I take him to the Midway Arcade gateway in Vortron, the portal that appears is red, and when i jump through it nothing happens. I also tried to access the Arcade Platform in the Back to the Future level, but neither Gamer Guy nor the Arcade Machine could interact with it in anyway.

Is my game bugged, or am I missing something?

You need to have the Level Pack data first saved onto your console and then what happens once you've put the Gamer Guy on the toypad and selected him it will automatically take you to the level.

You need to have the Level Pack data first saved onto your console and then what happens once you've put the Gamer Guy on the toypad and selected him it will automatically take you to the level.

How do I save the level pack data to my console? Every other pack I've bought worked by simply placing the new figure on the pad. I'm on PS4, by the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, i got it figured out. I changed the Wifi password a few weeks ago and didn't update my PS4's info, so it hadn't been installing updates.

Edited by jindianajonz

How do I save the level pack data to my console? Every other pack I've bought worked by simply placing the new figure on the pad. I'm on PS4, by the way.

EDIT: Nevermind, i got it figured out. I changed the Wifi password a few weeks ago and didn't update my PS4's info, so it hadn't been installing updates.

Ahhh that could be it. As soon as you've installed all the updates for the game you should be able to play the Level Pack.

Sad thing here is that people will use Bane for wall breaking, because they forgot Cole could...

Ninjago is the most obscure franchise in Lego Dimensions next to Chima...

Sad thing here is that people will use Bane for wall breaking, because they forgot Cole could...

Or Emmett.

Personally I don't particularly like Chima or Ninjago, I only got Nya because I needed a Ninjago character for mini kits, and it's the same for Chima, I'm only getting one character (haven't decided which one yet) just for gold bricks and mini kits.

Yeah...

They represent good franchises and put so many details into the Adventure Worlds and levels, etc. Except for Ninjago... There's only Master Chen's Island. And nobody's voiced by their original voice actor/actress.

I played Midway arcade for a bit - up to the first checkpoint - in between jobs. It's definitely fun for someone like myself (old enough to remember the arcade heyday...). I do wish that they had reprogrammed the original games to have some visual relationship with Lego. I didn't realize that it was just going to be emulated versions of the games, honestly. I thought that it would be lego-ized versions. That may have been common knowledge, but I missed it. It's kind of disappointing as the games seem like an "artificial" way of progressing through the level if that makes sense...

So they didn't actually make the games out of Lego? Darn. I had thought that'd be what they'd do when this pack was initially announced. That definitely makes me less interested in getting it...

As someone who adores so many of those classic games, I'm definitely interested. I actually find that a pleasant surprise, even though LEGO-ized versions would also be cool. Granted that it's easy to get ROMs for those games illegally and run them in MAME or whatever, but I'd actually rather have a legit way to play them. I'm fine with a LEGO Dimensions level made out of those. If only I can get the game (and a system to run it on)...

Unrelated, Stay-Puft looks AMAZING, and hearing Superman's theme when he flies warms my heart :classic:

Please tell me that's the John Williams theme from the 1978 film!

As someone who adores so many of those classic games, I'm definitely interested. I actually find that a pleasant surprise, even though LEGO-ized versions would also be cool. Granted that it's easy to get ROMs for those games illegally and run them in MAME or whatever, but I'd actually rather have a legit way to play them. I'm fine with a LEGO Dimensions level made out of those. If only I can get the game (and a system to run it on)...

it is, and it has been used in the Lego games since Lego Batman 2

Or Emmett.

Personally I don't particularly like Chima or Ninjago, I only got Nya because I needed a Ninjago character for mini kits, and it's the same for Chima, I'm only getting one character (haven't decided which one yet) just for gold bricks and mini kits.

Get Cragger. You'll need him for the underwater chi spots.

Get Cragger. You'll need him for the underwater chi spots.

Agreed! I went for Nya and Cragger. I can't imagine a more annoying voice than Cragger's, but he was useful.

You know it!!

Why is it that Eris needs to interact with the DC Comics cast in the game? It's so...odd that she's so fascinated with people like Batman, The Joker and Superman it's so weird.

Edited by Starscream759

ARGGG!!! Was just playing the 'Prime Time' level with my new Stay Puft figure, and only seconds after getting the 10th minikit, the game froze and crash. :damn:

I'm using 360, and it freezes up every couple times my brother and I play Dimensions. I'm going to move the game from the main storage device (it's pretty much full from way too many Minecraft worlds :blush: ) to a flash drive, and see if that helps. I doubt it though. :sceptic:

I've heard the next wave of packs will be available once again in September. So pictures may not pop up yet, but it's 6 months away.

Six months is crazy. Why can't they have at least one more wave before September? They've got plenty of franchises. Let's see a Missy fun pack, Ian Malcolm level pack featuring new voiceover work from Jeff Goldblum and a Gozer fun pack.