TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

In other news, I've finally got my Cyberman fun pack came in the post today and I've been using him quite a bit. Though I'm bit irritated that the Dalek build don't show up once I placed the Cyberman on the toy pad.

Same think happened to my friend, yet mine can up straight away.

I got the GB level pack and the Cyberman, and I'm very pleased! Both Venkman and the Cyberman are fun to play as (especially since you can summon the Cybermat any time and anywhere). I'm not done with the level yet, but I enjoy what they've done to make the story fresh, especially the fridge scene.

I got the GB level pack and the Cyberman, and I'm very pleased! Both Venkman and the Cyberman are fun to play as (especially since you can summon the Cybermat any time and anywhere). I'm not done with the level yet, but I enjoy what they've done to make the story fresh, especially the fridge scene.

Believe it or not, I've still haven't found all the areas that the Cybermat is used for solving puzzles and the like. And yeah the Cyberman's tons of fun to use I've been using him especially in the Doctor Who level when all the other Cyberman show up. I had great fun just blasting them to bits there.

I can't stress how awesome Venkman's proton pack is. The graphics are just perfect. I find myself playing as him a lot just because I love destroying everything with the beam. :laugh: I wish we could get more packs so in Co-Op you could "cross the streams" to destroy silver objects... that would be awesome! :wub:

Edited by mediumsnowman

I can't stress how awesome Venkman's proton pack is. The graphics are just perfect. I find myself playing as him a lot just because I love destroying everything with the beam. :laugh: I wish we could get more packs so in Co-Op you could "cross the streams" to destroy silver objects... that would be awesome! :wub:

But we are not allowed to cross the streams if we did we would be dead by now. :tongue:

Would you say "Bustin makes me feel good?"

Because that's what occurred to me as I used that luscious ghost wrangling mechanic. That is stupid fun.

EDIT: don't limit yourself to Venkman either! I split my time between Egon and Winston.

Does anybody know how to trigger special finisher moves in Tt games? Because past the chewbacca arm pull I don't know how to reliably get them. I came across, once, in Beyond Gotham, aquaman dropping a wide mouthed shark over a thug. Super funny and satisfying. Never saw it again. The cyberman character video seems to show a finishing move animation that's a cyber conversion on your enemy, with the fresh cyberman flying out the top of the screen. I want to make that happen.

Also if you haven't discovered yet, doc brown's ground pound move (holy moly say that ten times fast) calls down lightning. Very creative yet appropriate.

Is anyone else annoyed that there's no map but a minimap? Hard to tell what the icons even are. Maybe my screen's just too small

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

EDIT: don't limit yourself to Venkman either! I split my time between Egon and Winston.

I split my time between Peter and Ray, funnily enough. :laugh: But yes, I get a surprising amount of satisfaction out of getting those stupid ghosts into that stupid red box. :tongue: I'm zipping around the open worlds just looking for more ghosts to trap. Sometimes I'll just stand there and shoot the proton pack off into the distance. It's actually really fun. Try it.

I have the same issue with the minimap. Wish you could toggle a full map, like in the Marvel Superheroes game. That was fun. I love maps. :wub:

I split my time between Peter and Ray, funnily enough. :laugh: But yes, I get a surprising amount of satisfaction out of getting those stupid ghosts into that stupid red box. :tongue: I'm zipping around the open worlds just looking for more ghosts to trap. Sometimes I'll just stand there and shoot the proton pack off into the distance. It's actually really fun. Try it.

I have the same issue with the minimap. Wish you could toggle a full map, like in the Marvel Superheroes game. That was fun. I love maps. :wub:

Yeah I kind of miss that feature also. Granted you don't have to go an unexplored in order to reveal what's there on the map anymore but I miss been able to go to the map and then click on the icon and then head towards the character who would provide you a quest or just go and locate gold bricks in the area.

Yeah I kind of miss that feature also. Granted you don't have to go an unexplored in order to reveal what's there on the map anymore but I miss been able to go to the map and then click on the icon and then head towards the character who would provide you a quest or just go and locate gold bricks in the area.

Agreed. It made finding the quests much easier.

I noticed that there are surprisingly few ghost swarms in their home world! But it is incredibly satisfying to gather up the spirits into a ball and drag them over to the trap. I really like the interactivity between the character and the model. I was happy to see Vigo, but not impressed by his execution. He should have used the First Doctor's hair, and the effect looked like a video screen. A background and some Scooby-Doo-World style shading would have been nicer.

I both love and hate the fact that you can play as the other Ghostbusters with just one Venkman. Just like the Doctor, I'd much rather see the others in Fun Packs. That way I can actually afford the figures, keep track of the characters on the toy pad better, and play as all four at once without having to sped $90 extra.

I both love and hate the fact that you can play as the other Ghostbusters with just one Venkman. Just like the Doctor, I'd much rather see the others in Fun Packs. That way I can actually afford the figures, keep track of the characters on the toy pad better, and play as all four at once without having to sped $90 extra.

The Doctor makes sense because it's the same character, just different incarnations. The Ghostbusters definitely doesn't though and I'd go as far as to say it makes that trailer featuring a LEGO Egon Spengler minifigure on table misleading.

I decided to do a bit more of story mode and I've actually completed the DC Comics level. And I must say never before has the DC Comics universe interested me besides Batman and maybe the occasional Teen Titans until now and I'm actually intrigued about watching the Justice League animated series thanks to my extended playing as Wonder Woman. And it think it's fair to say that Legends of Chima is a lost cause for me and I've pretty much abandoned the TV series there. Six episodes of the first season for the latter show was all I could stand before I threw in the towel.

I noticed that there are surprisingly few ghost swarms in their home world! But it is incredibly satisfying to gather up the spirits into a ball and drag them over to the trap. I really like the interactivity between the character and the model. I was happy to see Vigo, but not impressed by his execution. He should have used the First Doctor's hair, and the effect looked like a video screen. A background and some Scooby-Doo-World style shading would have been nicer.

I had a jump scare when I walked in on his painting... It's a good thing his quest was to find some really unspooky goofy Mixel things :grin:

...Legends of Chima is a lost cause for me and I've pretty much abandoned the TV series there. Six episodes of the first season for the latter show was all I could stand before I threw in the towel.

The Chima characters look and play great and offer good variety to a game that has some pretty civilian looking humans in it's ranks. But every time they name-drop something from the god forsaken cartoon I gag. Gag. Like "Is this another vision?" "Are you a Legend Beast?" "I sure could use bird character to pick my crocodile teeth"

No-one knows your abysmally bad source material, no-one is interested, and it drags down the rest of the experience. Just... you could go from set design, character design - and it's a top notch animal warrior society ready to go.. just don't tie in to the show like that's what people want! The selling point should be play as animal warriors -which is cool, not "remember this show? we're gonna pretend like it deserves to hang out with beloved properties".

Just give em some hardcore battle cries or something, not referential lines.

I can't wait for Slimer! While I understand the need to design puzzles for him (undewater sonar, dark room accessed by mini hatch, etc.) it's always annoying. Also, I really like Slimer, and he'll surely be a lot of fun to play as, as well as being a very useful character.

I can't wait for Slimer! While I understand the need to design puzzles for him (undewater sonar, dark room accessed by mini hatch, etc.) it's always annoying. Also, I really like Slimer, and he'll surely be a lot of fun to play as, as well as being a very useful character.

Wait, so, Slimer glows (in game, is of course what I mean :laugh:)? That's fun.

Does anyone know if Lego Dimensions is more "limited" release than Disney Infinity or Skylanders, for example? I mean that in Finland it's only available in few international electronics & toys chains, but not in the local Finnish retail stores, which sell maybe 80-90% of toys here. Other Lego products are sold basically everywhere, and Disney Infinity & Skylanders are widely available as well.

Edited by temes

Wait, so, Slimer glows (in game, is of course what I mean :laugh:)? That's fun.

Yep. His abilities are:

Illuminate

Boomerang Switch (activated by sausage!)

Hazard Immunity

Hazard Clearing

Sonar Smash

Mini Access

Dive

Flight

You know, I think LEGO ought to look at the sales here. My TRU has a different Dimensions deal every week, and the stock doesn't seem to be changing much.

Does anyone know if Lego Dimensions is more "limited" release than Disney Infinity or Skylanders, for example? I mean that in Finland it's only available in few international electronics & toys chains, but not in the local Finnish retail stores, which sell maybe 80-90% of toys here. Other Lego products are sold basically everywhere, and Disney Infinity & Skylanders are widely available as well.

Same situation in Poland. It's weried.

Edited by Krulis

I had a jump scare when I walked in on his painting... It's a good thing his quest was to find some really unspooky goofy Mixel things :grin:

The Chima characters look and play great and offer good variety to a game that has some pretty civilian looking humans in it's ranks. But every time they name-drop something from the god forsaken cartoon I gag. Gag. Like "Is this another vision?" "Are you a Legend Beast?" "I sure could use bird character to pick my crocodile teeth"

No-one knows your abysmally bad source material, no-one is interested, and it drags down the rest of the experience. Just... you could go from set design, character design - and it's a top notch animal warrior society ready to go.. just don't tie in to the show like that's what people want! The selling point should be play as animal warriors -which is cool, not "remember this show? we're gonna pretend like it deserves to hang out with beloved properties".

Just give em some hardcore battle cries or something, not referential lines.

Better thing to ask is: "Why is it so popular? Why does it have magazines, a 4D movie in the LEGOLAND parks and even a bloody ride for one of them?" I mean those are the questions people should be asking about when it comes to Chima. It's like my hatred for Cars in terms of the Pixar movies all over again. The way I see it, Chima's popular with kids and as long as it's still got an audience it's not going anywhere any time now. They bring variety to the game but they are not what I would want in this game that and they don't even factor into the main storyline of the game aside from a brief cameo in a boss fight. Edited by Starscream759

I decided to do a bit more of story mode and I've actually completed the DC Comics level. And I must say never before has the DC Comics universe interested me besides Batman and maybe the occasional Teen Titans until now and I'm actually intrigued about watching the Justice League animated series thanks to my extended playing as Wonder Woman. And it think it's fair to say that Legends of Chima is a lost cause for me and I've pretty much abandoned the TV series there. Six episodes of the first season for the latter show was all I could stand before I threw in the towel.

Completely off-topic, sorry, but YES, check out the Justice League animated series. It's great! As is the Young Justice show!

I think the game is great but... im waiting for the price to come down before i buy any of it, until then im going back through the LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones games

I think the game is great but... im waiting for the price to come down before i buy any of it, until then im going back through the LEGO Star Wars and Indiana Jones games

The starter pack dropped to 65 or so in the US right around Christmas time. Best Buy (and often Amazon, etc) have the fun packs at half-price right now. Honestly, the most expensive part is the Level Packs and Team Packs.

BUT ANYWAY, the real reason I'm posting: I just picked up Sensei Wu and a Cyberman, so I finally have every ability EXCEPT the annoyingly-delayed Atlantis summon. My question is, has anyone made a list of the Atlantis pool locations? I'm going through the game again, trying to finish up minikits and such and I really don't want to replay a level to get one last minikit only to find that, yep, this one needs Aquaman. If anyone is aware of such a list and can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged. Every gaming FAQ for Dimensions that I've found is woefully incomplete.

That said, I'm playing now, so if there isn't a list....there may be one soon. :wink:

Thanks!