TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

As far as I recall, there's nothing requiring a Cyberman, but if you're just waiting for a complete Doctor Who experience, then I get it. Playing the story before the level pack doesn't make a difference, though, as the level packs are almost as if they were taken from their own games in terms of story; nothing relating to the main plot, and only the star of the franchise appears in the cutscenes.

I meant the Cyberman fun pack is on it's way because I've preordered it from Amazon. And I can't really do anything with progressing with the game because well...my controller's battery is running low anyway. Edited by Starscream759

Okay, so replaying the DoctorWho pack level, I haven't figured out how to get past the iron gate that closes in the Victorian era, and walkthroughs are too long. What am I missing?

Well I actually didn't have the update for Hire-a-Hero and various bug fixes. Maybe the DeLorean will break silver bricks now. :hmpf_bad:

Okay, so replaying the DoctorWho pack level, I haven't figured out how to get past the iron gate that closes in the Victorian era, and walkthroughs are too long. What am I missing?

You have to use the TARDIS to get there.

You have to use the TARDIS to get there.

Yeah, I thought as much, but "Central London- 1895" isn't appearing on the console...

I think my favourite incarnation of the Doctor I'll looking forward to play as is either a tie between Tom Baker, Jon Pertwee and David Tennant.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Doctors play nearly identically. It's just an aesthetic choice, but I do understand why you'd want to choose one or another, as I already have preferences.

Is it just me, or would a "disable regenerations" feature be nice? I'm getting annoyed by the Doctor dying offscreen and coming back as Hartnell and going through the list. In free play, when I'm done solving puzzles, I'll be fine with it, but at the moment, I just want to stick to Capaldi without entering the TARDIS every two minutes.

8BrickMario, Hulk_Smash is right. Once you get to Skaro and are able to use the TARDIS platform there, you will be able to travel to the correct time period and do the things past the closed gate. Took me a little while to figure that one out.

Not to burst your bubble, but the Doctors play nearly identically. It's just an aesthetic choice, but I do understand why you'd want to choose one or another, as I already have preferences.

Is it just me, or would a "disable regenerations" feature be nice? I'm getting annoyed by the Doctor dying offscreen and coming back as Hartnell and going through the list. In free play, when I'm done solving puzzles, I'll be fine with it, but at the moment, I just want to stick to Capaldi without entering the TARDIS every two minutes.

If you choose a Doctor in the TARDIS then you will stay as that Doctor even when you die.

Which Doctors do you prefer playing as may I ask?

If you choose a Doctor in the TARDIS then you will stay as that Doctor even when you die.

Funny, that seemed to work for me once, and then it didn't another time...must test it more clearly.

Which Doctors do you prefer playing as may I ask?

Probably the Twelfth, on account of having new lines for the game, and being the focal Doctor of the game. Of course, if we had a Missy Fun Pack, there'd be no contest on who I'd prefer to play as. Since the game seems to indicate that a potential Master's TARDIS would be the clock, I wonder what they'd do for the interior. A bunch of gears inside, or a similar room to the Doctor's TARDIS, which doesn't reflect the exterior?

And thanks for the tip. I just love how long and involved the level is, wasting a good thirty minutes of my time trying to figure out how to bypass the gate! :sarcasm_hmpf:

Ya know just last night I was just thinking about how the Simpsons content was for me. Cuz I was looking at the adventure world in question and I'm just thinking: "We really got jibed with the content with this world and the Simpsons levels in particular, all because of Fox's policy on what they say about how the show is to be used in this game."And I really do mean that, I was really expecting something better for it and something much more than just the world itself but with a Danny Elfman esque soundtrack and audio clips lifted from past episodes whenever Homer speaks and the NPCs not even speaking at all to you because of it. We could've had something great there. Sure you've got Krustyland that's directly from The Simpsons ride at Universal that's cool and you have the familiar surroundings of Springfield that's good for a bit but you will have speechless NPCs and a theme that loops for the entire world and it kind of gets boring after all. And that sucks for something iconic like The Simpsons. It might be my opinion on the show that it's not been funny since the movie came out but did any of you guys feel that way?

Edited by Starscream759

Ya know just last night I was just thinking about how the Simpsons content was for me. Cuz I was looking at the adventure world in question and I'm just thinking: "We really got jibed with the content with this world and the Simpsons levels in particular, all because of Fox's policy on what they say about how the show is to be used in this game."And I really do mean that, I was really expecting something better for it and something much more than just the world itself but with a Danny Elfman esque soundtrack and audio clips lifted from past episodes whenever Homer speaks and the NPCs not even speaking at all to you because of it. We could've had something great there. Sure you've got Krustyland that's directly from The Simpsons ride at Universal that's cool and you have the familiar surroundings of Springfield that's good for a bit but you will have speechless NPCs and a theme that loops for the entire world and it kind of gets boring after all. And that sucks for something iconic like The Simpsons. It might be my opinion on the show that it's not been funny since the movie came out but did any of you guys feel that way?

I do think it's been poorly done. Why not record new voice clips? The show's still running. Doctor Who had almost all of its current actors reprise their roles, yet Fox didn't allow that for the Simpsons?

EDIT: I think I found something exciting! Next to the TARDIS platforms, the hint box that pops up says:

"Only special vehicles such as [The Doctor's TARDIS] can teleport from these spots using their TARDIS Travel ability."

Surely it would say "Only the TARDIS can teleport from these spots", but this wording implies that there is another TARDIS, and the grandfather clock in the bonus area is programmed with TARDIS animations..I think Missy's happening, guys!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I do think it's been poorly done. Why not record new voice clips? The show's still running. Doctor Who had almost all of its current actors reprise their roles, yet Fox didn't allow that for the Simpsons?

EDIT: I think I found something exciting! Next to the TARDIS platforms, the hint box that pops up says:

"Only special vehicles such as [The Doctor's TARDIS] can teleport from these spots using their TARDIS Travel ability."

Surely it would say "Only the TARDIS can teleport from these spots", but this wording implies that there is another TARDIS, and the grandfather clock in the bonus area is programmed with TARDIS animations..I think Missy's happening, guys!

Yeah that's what bugs me about it. And not only that but when you look at the stuff for Back to the Future, Doctor Who and Portal there's so much content for those particular franchises. Traveller's Tales went out of their way to get everybody possible to be in the game ranging from Stephen Merchant and Ellen McClain as Wheatley and GLADOS, Matthew Lillard and Frank Welker as Shaggy and Scooby, Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Michelle Gomez, Nicholas Briggs, Christopher Lloyd and Michael J freaking Fox for godsakes. And yet Fox stubbornly refused to let either Dan or Nancy to reprise their roles. I mean what the hell Fox? You had a freaking Lego episode on The Simpsons at one point why stop there? The show's still airing so what's the problem? It didn't stop Dan Castellaneta from reprising his role as The Genie in Aladdin for the Kingdom Hearts games and that was probably in between doing episodes FOR The Simpsons and yet he was still able to do them! Edited by Starscream759

Yeah that's what bugs me about it. And not only that but when you look at the stuff for Back to the Future, Doctor Who and Portal there's so much content for those particular franchises. Traveller's Tales went out of their way to get everybody possible to be in the game ranging from Stephen Merchant and Ellen McClain as Wheatley and GLADOS, Matthew Lillard and Frank Welker as Shaggy and Scooby, Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, Michelle Gomez, Nicholas Briggs, Christopher Lloyd and Michael J freaking Fox for godsakes. And yet Fox stubbornly refused to let either Dan or Nancy to reprise their roles. I mean what the hell Fox? You had a freaking Lego episode on The Simpsons at one point why stop there? The show's still airing so what's the problem? It didn't stop Dan Castellaneta from reprising his role as The Genie in Aladdin for the Kingdom Hearts games and that was probably in between doing episodes FOR The Simpsons and yet he was still able to do them!

I know. Even reprisals as minor as Nolan North as the Space Core! I love the inclusion of the Simpsons, but it's just awful. There's absolutely no reason to use archive recording; only Johnny Cash's coyote really needed it. And Chell is the only player character who should be mute, but Bart? At least include something!

I know. Even reprisals as minor as Nolan North as the Space Core! I love the inclusion of the Simpsons, but it's just awful. There's absolutely no reason to use archive recording; only Johnny Cash's coyote really needed it. And Chell is the only player character who should be mute, but Bart? At least include something!

That's what I was thinking if there not going to include new dialogue from Bart then at least let him speak through archive sound clips then. Hell they managed to make Homer's dialogue work with only sound clips lifted from other episodes for the main level in story mode why not Bart? It's bad when the other characters react to Bart but he doesn't say a damn thing at all! Making a perfect representation of Springfield and putting sound clips for characters that Dan Castellaneta voices only does not make a great experience at all! Edited by Starscream759

Is There a bonus doctor who level, any way to acess it?

The Level Pack comes with a very involved level, and the TARDIS can access a few secret areas.

I might be wrong on my wording theory on the TARDIS, as the Atlantis pools' blurb also implies another thing that can use them.

I think Missy surely has to be an inevitability. Hopefully we'll get Clara and Me with their American Diner TARDIS too.

I think Missy surely has to be an inevitability. Hopefully we'll get Clara and Me with their American Diner TARDIS too.

That american diner would be awesome !

Just cant se how it would be build ... Oh, on a second note i actually could.

Thought about it. A very small MOC will be coming up very soon ! :wub:

And while this is still only in my head as an creative idea, it might even work as an Dimensions build as well ..

Anyhow, i would like to se both Clara, Me and the diner .... Unfortunately Me, feels like its not gonna leave the idea table since one would have to know so much about the series to sell her and make it affordable.

Oh yes the America Diner TARDIS I haven't forgotten about that one...I personally thought it was pointless just to bring Clara back for the finale knowing full well that Jenna Coleman is never gonna come back in the show at all. It was a perfectly good death scene and they ruined it by having her there on Galifrey with the Doctor. I don't mind the finale but I just thought that the episode before the finale felt like the proper final episode of the series to me. And as for Me or Ashlidir and I don't care which name I use I thought was a pretty pointless addition to the cast she was bland and I thought was just an excuse just to get Maisie Williams into Doctor Who anyway. But that's just what I think anyway.

As much of a love it or hate it character Missy is, I really do think they are gonna add her to the roster because I can really see potential for her. She can defiantly like the Doctor have her/his other incarnations in there.