TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I'd definitely count her as Doctor Who, but then I'd also count The Sarah Jane Adventures (and Torchwood, etc.) as part of the larger Doctor Who universe. This is just the sort of problem I'm concerned about... although with that particular example I'm not too worried, since I doubt they'd have dedicated Adventure Worlds for any of the Doctor Who spinoffs. But im not so sure about some of the others...

Yeah, I can't imagine LEGO doing Adventure Worlds for Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood. Sarah Jane Adventures has been off TV for four years now due to the tragic death of Elisabeth Sladen and Torchwood is simply too adult for it to have any kind of focus beyond a playable Captain Jack in Dimensions. Hopefully they'll release Sarah Jane as a NFC minifigure somewhere down the line though because it would be a nice tribute to such a brilliant character played by a wonderful actor.

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

It's not that it's a quality issue. The parts are the same real Lego parts as ever. it's just, I feel, a fact of the Lego Vikings axe piece and clear clips.

I've never had any issue with the axe pieces breaking when building/rebuilding/using them. I don't think you need to worry about that unless you are going to be needlessly rough with them somehow.

What's upsetting to me is that my Portal2 gun has a very light grey instead of white where it should be white. It's a painting issue, similar to how we use to see the white over red torso come up looking pink. For a teeny tiny $30 set, I have to say I am very disappointed with the gun in the set I got anyway.

Uhh .... And youre in the US ? ..... Beyond release date.

Yep. I don't know why the game isn't in S@H here. I do know brick-&-mortar LEGO Stores are carrying the game. I just called S@H's 1-800 number and spoke to a friendly LEGO Customer Service Rep, and after asking a colleague she got back to me and said the website team was working on it and it should be available on the site soon.

It's still a mystery to me why it didn't just pop up there Sunday morning at 12:01 am EST, and she didn't explain. Part of me almost half-wonders whether it was just a giant mistake that few people seem to have noticed - like maybe somebody just plain forgot to tell the store website team that this huge new product rollout was officially happening on the 27th, and they needed to effect a major store update on that date, as though nobody remembered to put it on the schedule so they just took the weekend off. But it sounds like it should pop up there at any time now.

Yeah, I can't imagine LEGO doing Adventure Worlds for Sarah Jane Adventures and Torchwood. Sarah Jane Adventures has been off TV for four years now due to the tragic death of Elisabeth Sladen and Torchwood is simply too adult for it to have any kind of focus beyond a playable Captain Jack in Dimensions. Hopefully they'll release Sarah Jane as a NFC minifigure somewhere down the line though because it would be a nice tribute to such a brilliant character played by a wonderful actor.

i wonder whether future updates might expand the existing areas, so that they incorporate more from the various fictional universes they draw from. I also wonder whether they might release additional Level Packs for worlds that already have them - say, another The Simpsons Level Pack that draws upon a different episode, for example. I could easily see a different Doctor Who one that offers a new level different from what's coming in November, and let's us play as one of the Doctor's companions. I certainly would love to see Sarah Jane Smith become an official minifigure, whether it's as a LEGO Dimensions add-on, a "CMF", part of a regular set, or whatever (just so long as she's not an SDCC exclusive!).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

i wonder whether future updates might expand the existing areas, so that they incorporate more from the various fictional universes they draw from. I also wonder whether they might release additional Level Packs for worlds that already have them - say, another The Simpsons Level Pack that draws upon a different episode, for example. I could easily see a different Doctor Who one that offers a new level different from what's coming in November, and let's us play as one of the Doctor's companions. I certainly would love to see Sarah Jane Smith become an official minifigure, whether it's as a LEGO Dimensions add-on, a "CMF", part of a regular set, or whatever (just so long as she's not an SDCC exclusive!).

As much as I would love to see a second Doctor Who level pack, I don't think it would be fair on the fans of the franchises that don't have a level pack yet. I think the fairest option would be for them to have level packs first and then certain franchises could get more level packs.

Madam Vastra would probably be ideal for a second level pack; maybe the other members of the Paternoster Gang go missing and you have to solve the traditional LEGO puzzles to find them?

As for The Simpsons, I'd love to see a Apu level pack based on the episode Homer and Apu (the one where Apu loses the Kwik E Mart).

Where can I find the building instructions for the Gateway Portal? I want to build it before I load up the game.

The gateway building instructions should be in the box. Its all the other builds that is only found ingame.

Yep. I don't know why the game isn't in S@H here. It should be available on the site soon.

It's still a mystery to me why it didn't just pop up there Sunday morning at 12:01 am EST, and she didn't explain. Part of me almost half-wonders whether it was just a giant mistake that few people seem to have noticed - like maybe somebody just plain forgot to tell the store website team that this huge new product rollout was officially happening on the 27th, and they needed to effect a major store update on that date, as though nobody remembered to put it on the schedule so they just took the weekend off. But it sounds like it should pop up there at any time now.

Haha ... Yeah does sound like a really rare but huge screwup on TLG´s behalf. Ive never heard of it before i must say.

Its also a mystery to me why they dont even put up prices in advance.

I know what its will probably cost, still the pricing differs alot here depending on where i look.

I am upset. The Xbox, I think, scratched my disk so badly it won't play levels. Anyone have any tips?

Auch, sorry i dont have any tips for you, but that does sound hard to handle. What a shame :cry_sad:

As much as I would love to see a second Doctor Who level pack, I don't think it would be fair on the fans of the franchises that don't have a level pack yet. I think the fairest option would be for them to have level packs first and then certain franchises could get more level packs.

Oh, certainly. I wasn't thinking of such a pack necessarily being in Wave 6 or anything like that. But I do think there might be room for it somewhere down the road, in the 3+ years anticipated for the game.

It's still very early, of course, and the "Connectables" tease indicates there are still whole aspects to this game and everything we can do with it that we don't know about yet.

Madam Vastra would probably be ideal for a second level pack; maybe the other members of the Paternoster Gang go missing and you have to solve the traditional LEGO puzzles to find them?

That would be PERFECT. Oh, except I'd also like to get the other two as well (perhaps in a Team Pack?)

As for The Simpsons, I'd love to see a Apu level pack based on the episode Homer and Apu (the one where Apu loses the Kwik E Mart).

My main hope for the game with with regards to this franchise is just getting Marge and Lisa as playable characters. I was thinking a Marge and Maggie Team Pack and a Lisa Fun Pack, but if they do multiple Level Packs for individual franchises, I think maybe one of the Lisa-centered episodes might be a good way to go for her.

I am upset. The Xbox, I think, scratched my disk so badly it won't play levels. Anyone have any tips?

Yikes! Already?!

I imagine you can obtain a replacement disc, though you might have to pay a fee for it or something.

How does a player device even scratch a disc in this day and age?!

Where can I find the building instructions for the Gateway Portal? I want to build it before I load up the game.

Unlike the "accessory" builds (vehicles, gadgets, etc.), the gateway portal should actually have printed instructions in a physical booklet. Did your copy not come with one? The Starter Pack instruction booklet should have instructions for the three characters plus the portal - everything except the Batmobile.

Oh, certainly. I wasn't thinking of such a pack necessarily being in Wave 6 or anything like that. But I do think there might be room for it somewhere down the road, in the 3+ years anticipated for the game.

Yeah, I think it would more likely be later on.

That would be PERFECT. Oh, except I'd also like to get the other two as well (perhaps in a Team Pack?)

Definitely. I'd love to be able to have Strax and Batman team up (perhaps Dan Starkey could provide new dialogue too?).

My main hope for the game with with regards to this franchise is just getting Marge and Lisa as playable characters. I was thinking a Marge and Maggie Team Pack and a Lisa Fun Pack, but if they do multiple Level Packs for individual franchises, I think maybe one of the Lisa-centered episodes might be a good way to go for her.

Yeah, we definitely need the entire Simpsons family and a Lisa-centric level pack would be great. Lisa's Pony would be perfect for a Lisa level pack given that you have a 'vehicle' right there and all you'd need is a gadget (her diary, perhaps?); plus obviously everybody knows Lisa loves horses so you would have something that reflects her personality that way.

Didn't know Portal and all that was part of the main game

Also on terms of what i'd like to see

The Hobbit:

Thorin Level Pack (Introduction to a Botfa level) New Orcrist mold (Rubbery like the S-Screwdriver) Oak Branch piece, regular clothing we've seen before, Goat Vehicle, Weapon Stand

-

Bilbo fun Pack, Sting, the One ring, Horse vehicle

-

Bard fun Pack, Bow, Windlance Vehicle

And just out of pure wishing wich will never happen: Iron Hill fun pack, Shield, Spear, Goat vehicle

Mythical Beasts:

Now i'm not really into HP, but this is proving to be a good movie so:

Good guy - Stuff (???) Vehicle Beast (???)

-

Bad guy - Stuff (???) Vehicle Dragon (???)

That's it really, would love to play as Thorin in this game. Would be awesome to see a Richard Armitage video like the "Great Scott!" one, this theme has surprised me already so come on TLG and TT! you can do it!

It's not that you owe us or something :grin:

With HP you mean Harry Potter? I would love that in Dimensions. Other ideas in random order:

Big Bang theory

Starsky and Hutch

The teletubbies (uh oh)

Lego Friends

Inspector Gadget

After playing through the game a bit, I have to say it's fantastic! It really is a dream come true having a mash-up of this magnitude of some of the greatest brands there are...and in LEGO! Ii'm definitely going to be collecting them all (once I get the money, of course! :grin: )

It's still very early, of course, and the "Connectables" tease indicates there are still whole aspects to this game and everything we can do with it that we don't know about yet.

Yikes! Already?!

I imagine you can obtain a replacement disc, though you might have to pay a fee for it or something.

How does a player device even scratch a disc in this day and age?!

Unlike the "accessory" builds (vehicles, gadgets, etc.), the gateway portal should actually have printed instructions in a physical booklet. Did your copy not come with one? The Starter Pack instruction booklet should have instructions for the three characters plus the portal - everything except the Batmobile.

It did, I thought the building instructions for everything would be in game and there wouldn't be a booklet.

Yep. I don't know why the game isn't in S@H here. I do know brick-&-mortar LEGO Stores are carrying the game. I just called S@H's 1-800 number and spoke to a friendly LEGO Customer Service Rep, and after asking a colleague she got back to me and said the website team was working on it and it should be available on the site soon.

It's up now: http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Dimensions-ByTheme

Perhaps that's what the connectables are? Extensions to the universes

I think speed racer would be great for lego dimensions. I just hope that they would base it off the cartoon and not the movie.

Also does anyone think Loony Tunes in Dimensions is going to happen? if it Does not Happen we should sue Lego, Who' s with me?

BTW where are the rest of the wizard of Oz characters, like Dorothy, Lion, scarecrow and Tin Man I mean they are in the game. Why aren't they Figures?

I think speed racer would be great for lego dimensions. I just hope that they would base it off the cartoon and not the movie.

Also does anyone think Loony Tunes in Dimensions is going to happen? if it Does not Happen we should sue Lego, Who' s with me?

BTW where are the rest of the wizard of Oz characters, like Dorothy, Lion, scarecrow and Tin Man I mean they are in the game. Why aren't they Figures?

Yeas, Defiantly the cartoon. I hope.

Took me forever to find the instructions as well. Just say you want to build the mini delorean. Put Marty McFly on the portal and then hold down triangle (or whatever it is to swap characters on Xbox). This will bring up the character wheel. On the bottom is an instruction book. Click that and you'll have it.

It doesnt work for me. When I do that for Chell or Marty, the instruction tile is flipped over backwards. It worked just fine with Cyborg and Batman but not marty. It keeps saying I need to play through Back to the Future Level. I dont know what they are talking about. I played the old west stage in the story level and went to the BTTF level portal. I still cant unlock the instruction for the mini delorean.

Now all I have to do is wait until Thursday...

Anyway, I was just thinking about a brand owned by WB that would really, really work: Speed Racer.

After how badly the live-action Speed Racer performed at the box office, sadly I can't see them releasing Speed Racer Dimensions sets. I loved the live-action film though and would definitely buy some Speed Racer Dimensions stuff if they released any.

Also does anyone think Loony Tunes in Dimensions is going to happen?

I hope it does happen at some point. Personally, I would love a level pack with Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner and a box of ACME.

Good News: Lego added all the instructions for the stuff! (all 3 builds for everything!): http://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions

Go under Products and click the little instruction thumbnail and you're all set!

Don't see emmet's rebuilds and I wanted to see the mech.

I hope it does happen at some point. Personally, I would love a level pack with Wile E. Coyote, Road Runner and a box of ACME.

As soon as Disney Infinity was announced, I hoped for a looney tunes game in retaliation. Much zanier and more possibility of outlandish character abilities just made that seem like it'd be a funner game then using disney characters - who in infinity seemed a lot less... "animated" than even they should have been (haven't played it so maybe I'm just a prematurely judgemental numbskull). But I really respect Looney Tunes more than a lot of the Disney franchises, for the fun factor and for not demanding worship so much, outside of letting the quality speak for itself.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I just hope we get vortech soon. Maybe he's one of the packs from the leaked set list. He'd probably be in a $50 pack. Dimensions are going to keep getting expensive, they're not going to lower the prices.

I have no interest in the game (which doesn't even have a PC version anyway), but I'm very interested in the 5 LBG 61409 slopes in the starter pack.

I really can't imagine paying 90 bucks for 5 pieces, nor I can imagine them ending up on BrickLink so soon, as the packs would probably not be very profitable to a BL seller.

So I really hope that the packs will quickly drop in price as much as other games, not like Lego sets.

Edited by anothergol