TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Man, Dimensions looks awesome as heck. Don't have much funds though. I can live without everything else, just this one I AM GETTING: Doctor Who Level Pack. But upset that for like 50 pieces or something and a fig the cost is thirty bucks.

Who else would like to see some CLASSIC minifigs show up (The First Wizard, Harry Potter, Johnny Thunder)?

Also: Lego obviously likes pairing with video game things for this (surprised that Minecraft hasn't been confirmed) and this is going on the tip of the limb, but what if 'S' in the list means StampyLongHead? It would help with the younger customers.

(I know, that is really dumb. But, if it is a Level Pack, you could play through Stampy's Lovely World!)

Turns out the Portal Gun is a really soft rubber and the white is spray painted on. Eh. Still buying it.

Makes sense. It probably has to be rubber to get that level of detail in the molding. LEGO doesn't mold really thin details in hard plastic because they might snap or bend out of shape, whereas in rubber they'll bend right back into shape. Examples: Kit Fisto's head from LEGO Star Wars, the super sharp corners of the collectible minifigure spear and Exo-Force hair, the curled tip of the Ninjago minifigure snake tails, etc.

Also: Lego obviously likes pairing with video game things for this (surprised that Minecraft hasn't been confirmed) and this is going on the tip of the limb, but what if 'S' in the list means StampyLongHead? It would help with the younger customers.

(I know, that is really dumb. But, if it is a Level Pack, you could play through Stampy's Lovely World!)

I heavily heavily doubt that StampyLongHead has gotten a deal with Lego and Warner Brothers and Mojang/Microsoft to be in Lego Dimensions. It's a pretty funny idea, though.

My guesses on the abbreviations:

GB - Ghostbusters

HP - Harry Potter

S - Sonic (I would have other suggestions but that apparently ninja-edited just2good post from earlier seems too suspicious...)

AT - Adventure Time (Had a project that reached 10k on Lego Ideas which was rejected possibly due to licensing issues, so it sounds like a feasible candidate.)

MI - Minecraft

Mr T - Mr. T seems obvious... too obvious. But what else could this stand for?

KR - Knight Rider is the best and only guess I've found so far...

FB - Facebook Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

TTG - Teen Titans Go

GR - ???

ET - E.T.

Still wondering what those "connectables" are... they sound like add-on components for the gamepad-portal-base-thing...

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

Still wondering what those "connectables" are... they sound like add-on components for the gamepad-portal-base-thing...

I just hope they don't turn out to be a disc based system like Disney infinity

I am not watching any of the play-throughs. I want to be completely surprised when it comes out on Saturday.

Though, the Mysterious Voyage of Homer sounds promising...

I just hope they don't turn out to be a disc based system like Disney infinity

To be honest, that's exactly what they I thought of when I read the names. The price of the Fun Packs, Team Packs, and Level Packs seems to be quite a sticking point for some people, so I could see the merit of $5–$10 "power-up packs" (that could potentially give characters abilities normally reserved for other characters or things like that).

The latest "Delivery!" trailer has appeared:

This one departs slightly from the others in that it features one of the performers as the recipient rather than one of the characters - but I guess that's to be expected when the original character is still LEGO. It'd be peculiar having a "live" LEGO character receiving a "normal" version of herself in a box to put together and onto the toy pad...

Also, I think this is our first look at one or two alternate builds for the side items, is it not? Also also, it's kind of odd hearing a character from The LEGO Movie actually say "LEGO"...

The latest "Delivery!" trailer has appeared:

This one departs slightly from the others in that it features one of the performers as the recipient rather than one of the characters - but I guess that's to be expected when the original character is still LEGO. It'd be peculiar having a "live" LEGO character receiving a "normal" version of herself in a box to put together and onto the toy pad...

Also, I think this is our first look at one or two alternate builds for the side items, is it not? Also also, it's kind of odd hearing a character from The LEGO Movie actually say "LEGO"...

I saw this in German or something last night but I didn't share.

AT1: front half of AT-AT

AT2:rear half of AT-AT

S:snow speeder

HP: Han Patrick Solo

Star Wars confirmed?

This just made my day. :laugh:

I am not watching any of the play-throughs. I want to be completely surprised when it comes out on Saturday.

Though, the Mysterious Voyage of Homer sounds promising...

There's a level based on El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer? :drool:

The quote button on my computer WILL NOT WORK!!!! I FEEL THE OPPOSITE OF HAPPINESS!!!!!

@TragicBanjo You heard right my friend.

I wonder the Simpsons level has anything to do with El Barto. THAT would be interesting.

The quote button on my computer WILL NOT WORK!!!! I FEEL THE OPPOSITE OF HAPPINESS!!!!!

@TragicBanjo You heard right my friend.

I wonder the Simpsons level has anything to do with El Barto. THAT would be interesting.

The Simpsons level is based on The Mysterious Voyage of Homer. Unless you mean the level in the starter pack?

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

The Simpsons level is based on The Mysterious Voyage of Homer. Unless you mean the level in the starter pack?

Yeah, that's what I mean. Thanks for clearing that up.

Also also, it's kind of odd hearing a character from The LEGO Movie actually say "LEGO"...

I thought it was odd that that word wasn't mentioned once in that movie.

I thought it was odd that that word wasn't mentioned once in that movie.

Well, LEGO minifigures don't know they're LEGO, but it is odd that

it wasn't used in the live-action real-world scenes at the end.

There's a level based on El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer? :drool:

I think that is just the name they gave to The Simpsons level, which is a random Simpsons level, as shown in the video