TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

City doesn't have a lot going for it in terms of what it could be for Dimensions imo, unless you start picking parts from Undercover.

Same goes for friends.

I think Lego would want to give Elves/Nexo Knights a while to flesh out a little before putting it into a big game. I don't know what's keeping them from using Bionicle, except perhaps the lack of suitable vehicle/gadget.

I mean, my biggest hope for City was for it to borrow liberally from Undercover (and maybe even result in unreleased characters like Rex Fury getting released in Fun Packs). And even Friends could have some potential—there are clearly defined characters, plenty of vehicles, and even if the characters aren't necessarily suited to hand-to-hand combat they could always incorporate some more creative options like Marty McFly's guitar attack. City and Friends are two of Lego's most successful themes, so even if they didn't get a starring role I had hoped for at least a nominal inclusion.

And yes, you're right that Bionicle, Elves, and Nexo Knights probably need to be fleshed out more (gaining additional vehicles, characters, etc.) before being added to the game. But it bothers me that not even the existing Lego IPs in the game (The Lego Movie, Ninjago, Chima) seem to be getting follow-ups, despite the potential for characters like Vitruvius and Lord Business in the Lego Movie theme or ANY past Ninjago villains (particularly Ronin) for Ninjago. It may not necessarily mean that there won't be any more Lego-owned IPs in the game, but that's certainly the impression it gives.

Edited by Lyichir

I mean, my biggest hope for City was for it to borrow liberally from Undercover (and maybe even result in unreleased characters like Rex Fury getting released in Fun Packs). And even Friends could have some potential—there are clearly defined characters, plenty of vehicles, and even if the characters aren't necessarily suited to hand-to-hand combat they could always incorporate some more creative options like Marty McFly's guitar attack. City and Friends are two of Lego's most successful themes, so even if they didn't get a starring role I had hoped for at least a nominal inclusion.

And yes, you're right that Bionicle, Elves, and Nexo Knights probably need to be fleshed out more (gaining additional vehicles, characters, etc.) before being added to the game. But it bothers me that not even the existing Lego IPs in the game (The Lego Movie, Ninjago, Chima) seem to be getting follow-ups, despite the potential for characters like Vitruvius and Lord Business in the Lego Movie theme or ANY past Ninjago villains (particularly Ronin) for Ninjago. It may not necessarily mean that there won't be any more Lego-owned IPs in the game, but that's certainly the impression it gives.

Agreed, though at least two of the LEGO themes that are there appear to be well-represented. Out of all fourteen known themes, Ninjago has the second-largest number of known playable characters (seven), while The LEGO Movie has the third-largest (five), including one in the Starter Pack. It seems weird that Legends of Chima has only three, though.

I do hope we'll get Elves and Bionicle in this eventually, among others.

Agreed, though at least two of the LEGO themes that are there appear to be well-represented. Out of all fourteen known themes, Ninjago has the second-largest number of known playable characters (seven), while The LEGO Movie has the third-largest (five), including one in the Starter Pack. It seems weird that Legends of Chima has only three, though.

I do hope we'll get Elves and Bionicle in this eventually, among others.

You have to remember that the fact is the LEGO themes are not what the majority who play the game want to see, though. I think it's fair to say most of us want to see Doctor Who characters meet characters from DC Comics or Homer Simpson hanging out with Owen from Jurassic World.

6 days away for in-store

7 days away for online preorders

Keep in mind that most online pre-orders won't ship until the day the game releases. It would then take at least another 3 days to get to your house, and that's if you got the spendy 2-day shipping (1 day of processing is excluded). This excludes Amazon Prime members only, and if you didn't get the 2-day shipping, it could be up to 5 days.

So I was at Gamestop a couple of days ago, and they have a poster up of the packs that will be available, and it lists Laval. However, it says that he won't be at Gamestop until November, which means that most of these "exclusives" might end up only being at launch. (Laval is a Toys R Us exclusive according to Dimensions' Twitter).

Now I wish I hadn't put all of that money in Amiibo as I certainly won't have money when Dimensions releases.

Keep in mind that most online pre-orders won't ship until the day the game releases. It would then take at least another 3 days to get to your house, and that's if you got the spendy 2-day shipping (1 day of processing is excluded). This excludes Amazon Prime members only, and if you didn't get the 2-day shipping, it could be up to 5 days.

So I was at Gamestop a couple of days ago, and they have a poster up of the packs that will be available, and it lists Laval. However, it says that he won't be at Gamestop until November, which means that most of these "exclusives" might end up only being at launch. (Laval is a Toys R Us exclusive according to Dimensions' Twitter).

Now I wish I hadn't put all of that money in Amiibo as I certainly won't have money when Dimensions releases.

Most online stores ship video games so that they reach the customer on release day.

That said, since release day is Sunday, only Amazon Prime uses in Sunday-delivery markets (like Los Angeles) will get them day of release.

I'm trying to resist the game itself, but I know I need Doc Brown, the Wicked Witch, Slimer, and Stay Puft regardless of whether or not I get sucked in. (pun intended)

I'm trying to resist the game itself, but I know I need Doc Brown, the Wicked Witch, Slimer, and Stay Puft regardless of whether or not I get sucked in. (pun intended)

Doc Brown, Slimer and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man are going to be amazing. I've already decided I'm going to have the 4th Doctor meet Stay Puft whilst driving the time travelling train around Jurassic World!

I'm really trying to resist the game because of funding issues, but I'll be definitely picking up a few favorites like all the Doctor Who sets...

After watching the trailer, I love how Robin is voiced by his teen titans voice actor since I had no idea that was the case. I also love that gandalf, rather than saying run you fools like in the movie, he says fly you fools, as heard in the book. that just really pleased me :blush: . finally its awesome that you have to build the portal in the game then build it in real life,

I'm really trying to resist the game because of funding issues, but I'll be definitely picking up a few favorites like all the Doctor Who sets...

I'm retracting what I said earlier; just seeing the worlds come together has convinced me a bit more. I'm almost pretty much sold on the game now after seeing everything fall together. I can't wait to see what the other theme crossovers will be like...

It's that and the Ghostbusters, Simpsons, Back to the Future and Midway Arcade sets for me.

I don't know that I'll be able to get this at all (I don't yet even have any of the systems that will run it), but I do hope to get it, and assuming I don't just get everything released for it, I specifically want:

- all Level Packs

- all packs with female characters

- all packs for Back to the Future, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, The LEGO Movie, and The Lord of the Rings

- and at least one pack from each theme / franchise not already covered by one of the above.

With the currently-known packs, that would give me 30 of the 44 known playable characters. Damn, I'm just going to need more money any way I slice it (which I already do for all other LEGO anyway...).

I don't know that I'll be able to get this at all (I don't yet even have any of the systems that will run it), but I do hope to get it, and assuming I don't just get everything released for it, I specifically want:

- all Level Packs

- all packs with female characters

- all packs for Back to the Future, Doctor Who, Ghostbusters, The LEGO Movie, and The Lord of the Rings

- and at least one pack from each theme / franchise not already covered by one of the above.

With the currently-known packs, that would give me 30 of the 44 known playable characters. Damn, I'm just going to need more money any way I slice it (which I already do for all other LEGO anyway...).

Yeah, the LEGO Movie packs look great. I hope they do a LEGO Movie Batman level pack at some point.

Yeah, the LEGO Movie packs look great. I hope they do a LEGO Movie Batman level pack at some point.

They probably won't LEGO already released him like 200 times in the regular sets

They probably won't LEGO already released him like 200 times in the regular sets

You can't put the regular minifigure on the Toy Pad, though (he won't appear in the game, obviously). I think it would be quite fun to be able to play as both LEGO Batman and lEGO Movie Batman.

That would be a lot of fun, and his Mini would be a great build, but Mr. Bean's London is hardly interesting enough to justify a world.

Oooh i'd love Bean, just let him roam around in Doctor Who's world, and give him Teddy and his "Greeny" and i'm settled. He'd make for a great fig!

Turns out the Portal Gun is a really soft rubber and the white is spray painted on. Eh. Still buying it.