TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

Ooh! I'm loving this news! I personally hope it's Shrek as opposed to Sonic though. :laugh:

My guesses:

GB - Green Beans

HP - Hokey Pokey

S - Seagull

AT - Adhesive Tarp

MI - Middle Initial

Mr T - Million Ripe Tomatoes

KR - Kick (In the) Rear

FB - Floating Bubble

TTG - Tiny Tim's Ghost

GR - Garbage Rubbish

ET - Extra Toppings

I can confirm this.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Exactly!

Also: Sonic The Hedgehog in the Midway Arcades level would be incredible.

^^^1000x this!

In all seriousness though, Sonic would probably do really well in Dimensions. There's so much you could do with it!

Looking at this list, one thing that disappoints me is the lack of Lego-owned IP. Not only do none of the listings correspond to the current Lego-owned themes in Lego Dimensions (The Lego Movie, Ninjago, and Chima), but there are none that even seem to line up with Lego IPs that would be new to Dimensions—no City, no Friends, no Elves, not even any content for the upcoming Big Bang theme Nexo Knights! I understand and appreciate that licensed themes are one of the biggest selling points of Dimensions, but I had hoped that wouldn't be to the exclusion of Lego-owned story themes.

Looking at this list, one thing that disappoints me is the lack of Lego-owned IP. Not only do none of the listings correspond to the current Lego-owned themes in Lego Dimensions (The Lego Movie, Ninjago, and Chima), but there are none that even seem to line up with Lego IPs that would be new to Dimensions—no City, no Friends, no Elves, not even any content for the upcoming Big Bang theme Nexo Knights! I understand and appreciate that licensed themes are one of the biggest selling points of Dimensions, but I had hoped that wouldn't be to the exclusion of Lego-owned story themes.

City doesn't have a lot going for it in terms of what it could be for Dimensions imo, unless you start picking parts from Undercover.

Same goes for friends.

I think Lego would want to give Elves/Nexo Knights a while to flesh out a little before putting it into a big game. I don't know what's keeping them from using Bionicle, except perhaps the lack of suitable vehicle/gadget.

Star Wars appeared in The LEGO Movie.

You completely miss understood what I said... I know Disney and LEGO have a great relationship right now! But if they were to include someone from the "competitors" (Dream Works or even Minions) that would be like a slap in the face to Disney after all the different themese they've made together!

You completely miss understood what I said... I know Disney and LEGO have a great relationship right now! But if they were to include someone from the "competitors" (Dream Works or even Minions) that would be like a slap in the face to Disney after all the different themese they've made together!

My point was that Disney and Warner Bros. are rivals, but SW still managed to make it into the film. LEGO's not a division of Disney, so using a DW license shouldn't be able to ruin it.

My point was that Disney and Warner Bros. are rivals, but SW still managed to make it into the film. LEGO's not a division of Disney, so using a DW license shouldn't be able to ruin it.

Star Wars made it into The LEGO Movie only because they started talking to Lucasfilm about it early, before Disney bought Lucasfilm. Once the filmmakers got word of the acquisition, they scrambled to make sure they got the agreement with Lucasfilm in place before Disney's acquisition was finalized, so that Disney wouldn't be able to say no. It's widely thought that Disney wouldn't have permitted it if the filmmakers asked only after the acquisition.

This is a concern of mine, as well. I'd like to see more of LEGO's homegrown themes make it in (especially ones based around other figure types, such as Bionicle or Elves). That would make the game feel more authentically "LEGO-y" to me. I do like or love all the licensed themes that are there, but I do think the game would benefit from more LEGO-original themes, both "classic" and new.

Disney just released now the 3.0 version of Infinity, and the brand is SW.

We can see some Disney´s product, yes, but not in the next months or 1-2 years.

they will not compete with their own line- product.

Has there been any in-store sightings yet? I saw the BTTF Level Pack out at my Target today.

Oh, yes. There are various sightings from as far back as a few weeks ago reported earlier in this very thread. A few stores here and there have accidentally put it out early, though it's not supposed to be sold yet (and I believe most stores' computer systems prevent and LEGO Dimensions stuff from being sold yet even if it's out on the shelves).

Maybe the S could be for Sherlock (y'know, the BBC version)?

Sherlock is possible, given other things included in Dimensions are Ideas sets that have been rejected. I could imagine a Sherlock level pack with Sherlock, the infamous 221B Baker Street door and the Land Rover from The Hounds of Baskerville.

So I think this is our first Let's Play XD

I watched this earlier today and the cutscenes and Planet Vorton gameplay are awesome!

Edited by Ordinareo