TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

THEY HAVE LIGHTS??? I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT!

Woooheeee halleluja!

I am still struggling.. I want some of those minfigures badly... and I do not actually own a console... which really deters me from owning one. I am tempted just to buy some of the Starter or Expansion packs for those minifigures which I do not have. It is a pity that the playing concept can't be supported using PC to integrate the playability. I am not keen to acquire or play console games since PlayStation 1 era. In short, I am quite a dinosaur... and only play with compter games of a much older generation such as Civ 2 and Heroes III.

Oh well...

I feel you, quite the Velociraptor myself as well...

How about this, you buy the figs (Cause duhh they are awesome) and have them on display/mocing etc. if you want the game badly consider this:

Find the cheapest console it supports, think about other Lego games you want like Lego Avengers? The Hobbit? Jurassic World? and think of the fact it would be easier to play those on consoles

I am strongly considering buying an Xbox 1 just to play Lego Avengers in a full HD (and WORKING GOOD this time :hmpf_bad: i'm looking at you TT support centre)

I still think Elves might be a real possibility, though of course it would help if it were in right off the bat.

Press release about those lighted display cases here, for those interested. Those would be neat to have (and not just for the LEGO Dimensions stuff), but the existing cases of those sorts are already kind of pricey - too much so for me to be able to get more than a few, and I'd want a bunch if I were going to have any (so as to be able to display a whole slew of minifigures). These are actually illuminated with LEDs; they have to be more expensive still. Nice, but I think I'll have to pass, alas...

Wow, Lego really have gone out of their way to make it excellent, although at the same time they have gone out of their way to make it expensive :hmpf_bad:.

I am still struggling.. I want some of those minfigures badly... and I do not actually own a console... which really deters me from owning one. I am tempted just to buy some of the Starter or Expansion packs for those minifigures which I do not have. It is a pity that the playing concept can't be supported using PC to integrate the playability. I am not keen to acquire or play console games since PlayStation 1 era. In short, I am quite a dinosaur... and only play with compter games of a much older generation such as Civ 2 and Heroes III.

Oh well...

Xbox 360 is worth getting, its certainly one of the cheaper options.

This may hold a clue to the Midway arcade level...

Xbox Achievements for Lego Dimensions

11.jpg Enter Your Initials: “AAA” – Complete All Your Bricks Are Belong To Us

Is the image familiar? Or is the level name a quote (minis the bricks, of course)?

I have never played any Midway Arcade games, so I honestly don't know.

Edited by LegoPercyJ

This may hold a clue to the Midway arcade level...

Xbox Achievements for Lego Dimensions

11.jpg Enter Your Initials: “AAA” – Complete All Your Bricks Are Belong To Us

Is the image familiar? Or is the level name a quote (minis the bricks, of course)?

I have never played any Midway Arcade games, so I honestly don't know.

That logo gives me a space invaders vibe, but I don't know.

Okay, I know LEGO put the Riddler in the Middle-earth level just so they could make that pun...and I love them for it!

Enter Your Initials: “AAA” – Complete All Your Bricks Are Belong To Us

Not sure about the image myself, but...

When entering a high score on a classic arcade game, they would ask for your initials. The defaults were the letters "AAA" representing your first, middle, and last name respectively.

Also, "All Your Bricks Are Belong to Us" is a portmanteau of the old internet meme "All Your Base Are Belong To Us."

The line originates from the game "Zero Wing," an arcade game from 1989. The game was one of the first to feature fully voice acted cutscenes. However, the voice actors, as well as those who ported (translated) the game had little comprehension of the English language, hence the very odd sounding line.

On a different note, a source of mine has informed of some interesting news.

Many of us know that Lego Stores rarely carry Lego Video Games, if at all. I'd like to be the first to inform you all that all Lego Dimensions Fun, Team, Level, and Starter Packs (not sure if all console's will be carried) will all be available at Lego Stores on their respective release days!

Edited by Penkid11

Okay, I know LEGO put the Riddler in the Middle-earth level just so they could make that pun...and I love them for it!

Wowwwwwwwwwwww Riddle-Earth really, LEGO, really....

YOU CAN PAINT THE VEHICLES!?!?! :drool:

Edited by Ashnflash

On a different note, a source of mine has informed of some interesting news.

Many of us know that Lego Stores rarely carry Lego Video Games, if at all. I'd like to be the first to inform you all that all Lego Dimensions Fun, Team, Level, and Starter Packs (not sure if all console's will be carried) will all be available at Lego Stores on their respective release days!

Oooh, great news. Some VIP points should lower the prices then. :wub:

I just want the Cyberman pack (and maybe a few more). :laugh: I don't like Dr. Who, but I love the torso and legs for a purist MK 2. Will look nice flying around in my Malibu Mansion MOC a la the 1st Iron Man movie.

Edited by Legocity2713

Oooh, great news. Some VIP points should lower the prices then. :wub:

I just want the Cyberman pack (and maybe a few more). :laugh: I don't like Dr. Who, but I love the torso and legs for a purist MK 2. Will look nice flying around in my Malibu Mansion MOC a la the 1st Iron Man movie.

That's exactly what I planned on doing.

If I may contribute,I have found something in one of the trailers. It may look like Benny's or Jay's,but I've already checked all of the fun packs and didn't see much like it. However it could be an alternate model of someone's fun pack,I could be wrong and it could be the vehicle for our Midway Arcade Rep. What do you guys think?

http://vignette3.wik...=20150806200328

If I may contribute,I have found something in one of the trailers. It may look like Benny's or Jay's,but I've already checked all of the fun packs and didn't see much like it. However it could be an alternate model of someone's fun pack,I could be wrong and it could be the vehicle for our Midway Arcade Rep. What do you guys think?

http://vignette3.wik...=20150806200328

Nice find! What is it though? It may be a rebuild of the Supermobile...

It's a flying vehicle, that looks like Jay's and Benny's vehicles. But it doesn't look like it with the added red parts,the I checked Superman's fun pack,and it doesn't have the same parts.

http://lego.wikia.co.../File:LD_30.PNG

Here's a better version of the picture for whatever reason you might need it.

Edit:Actually now that I look at it,it could be a rebuild of the Hover Pod.

Edited by cakio6203

It's a flying vehicle, that looks like Jay's and Benny's vehicles. But it doesn't look like it with the added red parts,the I checked Superman's fun pack,and it doesn't have the same parts.

It's possible there are parts in some of the packs that are used for only one or two of the builds.

That does make sense,but it was mentioned that all of the pieces must be used in each build in order to not lose any of the pieces.

Actually with some comparisons and realization, I believe that it's a rebuild of Superman's Hover Pod. Also Space Invaders was developed by Atari,but published by Midway.

That does make sense,but it was mentioned that all of the pieces must be used in each build in order to not lose any of the pieces.

Ah, okay. I'd missed or forgotten that, but it makes sense.

Actually with some comparisons and realization, I believe that it's a rebuild of Superman's Hover Pod. Also Space Invaders was developed by Atari,but published by Midway.

Developed and initially published by Taito, actually. Midway published it in North America and Europe under license from Taito, who developed it, released it at home in Japan, and gave it a limited release in North America before Midway gave it a wide release.

Also, do keep in mind that when it comes to vehicles and gadgets that the actual model we get to build, and the model in game may be vastly different depending on the designers/programmers choice.

The TARDIS is an obvious one, but others like Cyborg's robot, or what we've seen of Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! are just a few that come to mind.

Developed and initially published by Taito, actually. Midway published it in North America and Europe under license from Taito, who developed it, released it at home in Japan, and gave it a limited release in North America before Midway gave it a wide release.

Oh,right. My bad.

Also, do keep in mind that when it comes to vehicles and gadgets that the actual model we get to build, and the model in game may be vastly different depending on the designers/programmers choice.

The TARDIS is an obvious one, but others like Cyborg's robot, or what we've seen of Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP!!! are just a few that come to mind.

Don't forget the Sonic Batray.

I just Noticed that in the portal game play video, Chell uses her portal gun to collect what looks like a companion cube. This appears to be a minikit. Also, in Dr. Who, Cyber man accesses an extra area, presumably to get a minikit. Look like you do need extra characters to get 100%...

I just Noticed that in the portal game play video, Chell uses her portal gun to collect what looks like a companion cube. This appears to be a minikit. Also, in Dr. Who, Cyber man accesses an extra area, presumably to get a minikit. Look like you do need extra characters to get 100%...

I remember watching in a gameplay video that you need someone with Super Strength(Cole,Cragger,Cyborg,etc) to get past an object.....

Hi. I'll be honest, I have only joined this forum because of my interest in Dimensions. I haven't touched LEGO since I was a kid but one of the things I'm really looking forward to is doing the builds. Virtualy every article or discussion I read mentions the hefty price tag and I am interested in how real LEGO fans view the cost.

To me, LD is the first genuine 'toys to life' game. LEGO is not a contrived lump of resin that is being used to inflate the cost of a video game, it is a genuine tactile toy with an established value. I've already preordered about six of the wave one packs and it's a large amount of cash. So I've been looking at normal LEGO sets for comparison. But how much would a LEGO collector expect to be paying for the LEGO in a £15 LD Fun Pack? They have about 50 pieces and a Minifigure and I've looked at the Star Wars Microfighters sets and these are about £9 for 100 pieces and a MF. The Scooby-Doo sets roughly work out at about £10 for 100 and a MF. So I'd value the LEGO in a Fun Pack at about £7, would that be a price you would pay for MF Batman and Mini Batmobile?

Do movie licenses normally increase the cost of LEGO or is a themed pack priced the same as a LEGO own theme?

Is the number of pieces info on LEGO pack inclusive of MF's?

Do the type of bricks influence price? Do sets with more intricate pieces normally cost more?

Does the 3-1 'buildability' of the vehicles and gadgets increase how much you are prepared to pay? I mean, if you knew that a SW Microfighter came with instructions for three different configurations, would you expect to pay extra?

I'm about to pay about £250 for some plastic toys and a video game and have already decided that I would be prepared to pay about £9 for the physical content in a Fun Pack (i.e. LEGO, MF's and gizmo bases) if this was a top end LEGO range that I was going to collect on its own. I'll factor in £1 for packaging and stuff which means Tt have got £5 worth of video game to deliver...

So anyway, I was getting bored of video games and can't remember the last time I really enjoyed one. But the idea of little LEGO builds has got me really excited about this game. The Minifigures look fantastic and Tt always deliver a fun experience, but it's clicking bricks again that I'm really looking forward to..

Edited by Koquillion