TheBrickPal

LEGO Dimensions Discussion

I seriously doubt there will be any official LEGO Mortal Kombat thing ever, whether for this game or anything else. I'd sooner expect Star Wars and Marvel in this game than that. Heck, I'd sooner expect Galidor than that.

When it comes to Midway material, the obvious place to start would seem to be the games that actually have original arcade cabinets appear in the announcement video. That gives us Defender and Robotron 2084, though I certainly would imagine there will be more games than just those two.

Yeah, its highly unlikely, but a guy can dream right? :blush::laugh:

I really don't get how he gets all this information even on upcoming waves of a videogame! They're supposed to keep this stuff under raps! Not that I'm complaining about him giving us information! :laugh:

Edited by Ashnflash

Mortal Kombat? Uhmm... Yeah sure i'd like to see a Minifig get a spine fracture why not :grin:

Mortal Kombat? Uhmm... Yeah sure i'd like to see a Minifig get a spine fracture why not :grin:

(See the tile that comes with the CMF Series 6 Surgeon) :laugh:

I just want a subzero and scorpion and my life is complete. Tone them down, put them in the Friendship zone, anything! Just give me them! :laugh:

I know it won't happen, but if it will, and you heard it here first, know that I am buying 2 of each fig (One for me and one for my brother, who is also a fan) :laugh:

No longer have the license.

And I cry everyday because of it. :cry3:

Sometimes I cry myself to sleep knowing that I'm a huge fan yet don't even own Splinter. :cry3:

Other times I cry myself to sleep whispering "…Casey Jones…" in between my blubbering. :cry3:

What about Lego Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as a future world?

I'd rule it out, since LEGO's license for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is expiring / has expired and Mega Bloks picked it up.

I think it's safe to say for a theme or franchise to be in LEGO Dimensions, all these conditions have to be in place:

- The franchise can't be owned or licensed by the maker of a competing "toys-to-life" videogame (e.g., no Disney properties, including anything from Pixar, Marvel, or Lucasfilm, even though tons of those do have "regular" LEGO sets; no Nintendo properties; no Spyro the Dragon).

- The franchise can't be owned by a competing toy company, or have its construction toy rights licensed to a competing company (which rules out things like My Little Pony and Transformers forever, and also rules out things like Star Trek, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and SpongeBob SquarePants for at least the immediate future, even though two of those have had official LEGO themes before; those themes just ended, and were taken up by other brickmakers).

- The franchise has to be at least somewhat kid-friendly (no RoboCop, Alien / Predator, Game of Thrones, The Terminator, A Nightmare on Elm Street, etc.).

- And ideally, the franchise should have some sort of "extraordinary" or "fantastic" adventure component. Franchises about regular, normal, real-world things probably won't fit the game's "heroic adventure" milieu. I therefore wouldn't expect something like The Big Bang Theory or LEGO's own Friends in this game, even though I previously suggested Friends myself back when we didn't know as much about LEGO Dimensions.

That still gives us tons of potential stuff, though, and in particular any recent / current or fondly remembered Warner Bros. property that fits the above conditions might be a candidate, such as The Goonies, The Neverending Story, or Harry Potter. In fact, I half-suspect that if ever we get official LEGO Merrie Melodies / Looney Tunes, it'll be because of this game. It's a long shot, since it would require highly specialized figures across the board, but I don't know that it's out of the question.

Also, LEGO's own "adventure" themes are all possible candidates, at least if they're recent or current, or enduringly popular. Several of us have noted that we think Elves would be a great fit (and frankly would like it to happen). Old standards like Pirates and Castle could also fit (though I suspect we'd know about them already if they were going to), and possibly this mysterious "Big Bang" thing we're starting to hear about.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

J2G if you want to make my day, tell me the Hobbit will show up in Dimensions :grin:

I'll be honest: I haven't heard anything about it being in. :sad:

Ahhh, that doesn't come as a shock really. Seeing as they abandon it totally!

Thanks for the response though!

As a follow-up question: heard anything about LOTR ones besides the four figs we already know off? Thanks in advance!

As a follow-up question: heard anything about LOTR ones besides the four figs we already know off? Thanks in advance!

Nah, that's it.

Also, LEGO's own "adventure" themes are all possible candidates, at least if they're recent or current, or enduringly popular. Several of us have noted that we think Elves would be a great fit (and frankly would like it to happen). Old standards like Pirates and Castle could also fit (though I suspect we'd know about them already if they were going to), and possibly this mysterious "Big Bang" thing we're starting to hear about.

*coughcoughbioniclecough*

I'm fine with that. The Hobbit was pretty well covered with the three waves it got and I can't imagine Dimensions would've brought anything new to the table.

Shame there isn't anymore LOTR on the horrizon though. :cry_sad:

That Doc Brown & StayPuft Marshmallow Man though! :drool:

I thought I read a comment on previous pages (but this thread is too long) that said that all the figures were figures available in sets (or were available in sets) already. Maybe I misunderstood. But, not being a big fan of the BTTF Delorean, am interested in StayPuft and Slimer... they were not available in sets. It'll cost $30 to get them both, though.

EDIT: I misunderstood what was written. Either way... $30 for a couple of figures. Perhaps they will be available in sets some day. Maybe they are toying with a Ghostbusters Firehouse....

Edited by fred67

EDIT: I misunderstood what was written. Either way... $30 for a couple of figures. Perhaps they will be available in sets some day. Maybe they are toying with a Ghostbusters Firehouse....

$30 for those two figures, plus the accompanying side builds (the slime cannon and Terror Dog), plus the data for the in-game versions of all four, plus the disc bases that bring them together. $30 may be a lot for two minifigures if that's all one wants, but the packs do come with more.

Re: a Ghostbusters theme, next year is probably the best time for it, with the reboot and all (as it should renew awareness of the franchise in general and bring further attention even to the original two movies). With three LEGO Dimensions packs plus the still-available Ideas set in release anyway, LEGO would seem well-poised to expand it to a full theme (possibly with sets from both the originals and the reboot, similarly to how they've handled the different versions of source material for the Superheroes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles themes). Hopefully they're working on a theme as we speak...

I'd rule it out, since LEGO's license for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is expiring / has expired and Mega Bloks picked it up.

I think it's safe to say for a theme or franchise to be in LEGO Dimensions, all these conditions have to be in place:

- The franchise can't be owned or licensed by the maker of a competing "toys-to-life" videogame (e.g., no Disney properties, including anything from Pixar, Marvel, or Lucasfilm, even though tons of those do have "regular" LEGO sets; no Nintendo properties; no Spyro the Dragon).

I think TMNT being held by MegaBlocks doesn't seem to directly influence LEGO Dimensions since TMNT or Nickelodeon are not actually doing "toys-to-life" video games to become a competitor just like Disney Infinity. However, yes, there could be indirect influences. Perhaps, letting TMNT/Spongebob showing up in any more LEGO mediaworks would be against MB's own advertising effects and that doesn't make sense.

> the franchise should have some sort of "extraordinary" or "fantastic" adventure component. Franchises about regular, normal, real-world things probably won't fit the game's "heroic adventure" milieu

I'm pretty against about that. Friends pretty lack the chances to prove "girls can do everything" spirit, even fight the evils that come from outerspace", this might be as much as other ordinary characters from licensed themes. Even within those action themes or licenses, Emmet and Marty are pretty much normal guys themselves, so why not the others? I believe it only depends on how developers do the characters in the game. I believe Big Bang guys would be great additons to the game as well as other Ideas-related licenses.

Additonally, as pointed recently, Friends' absense means a waste of chance for tons of playable female characters. I think this kinda affect female gamers' market despite LEGO games would have held a better chance to hit that market.

The main concern could be the "game map" thing. Heartlake would be a good map IMO, but as for Big Bang, not pretty sure. This could only depend on whether future Fun Packs have to connect with an unlockable world or not.

I believe that some of the unheard LEGO licenses that don't conflict would be reserved for future expansions, so I don't really worry for Harry Potter or Hobbit heroes.

Edited by Dorayaki

The main concern could be the "game map" thing. Heartlake would be a good map IMO, but as for Big Bang, not pretty sure. This could only depend on whether future Fun Packs have to connect with an unlockable world or not.

Just to clarify, in case you think there are rumors of Big Bang Theory characters showing up, I think when everyone says "Big Bang" they're actually talking about the new 2016 theme, Nexo Knights. ("Big Bang" referring to the codename for big launch themes like Chima.)

And to be honest, if minidoll characters are going to show up in Dimensions, I think Elves is a lot more likely to show up than Friends, for the same reason Ninjago characters have showed up rather than City characters. But if Friends do show up, then good. It would be rather interesting to see if they sold well and how people would respond to them...

I still think Elves might be a real possibility, though of course it would help if it were in right off the bat.

We're getting things like display shelves and cases for the figures and stuff.

g4uvM4l.jpg

Press release about those lighted display cases here, for those interested. Those would be neat to have (and not just for the LEGO Dimensions stuff), but the existing cases of those sorts are already kind of pricey - too much so for me to be able to get more than a few, and I'd want a bunch if I were going to have any (so as to be able to display a whole slew of minifigures). These are actually illuminated with LEDs; they have to be more expensive still. Nice, but I think I'll have to pass, alas...

Just to clarify, in case you think there are rumors of Big Bang Theory characters showing up, I think when everyone says "Big Bang" they're actually talking about the new 2016 theme, Nexo Knights. ("Big Bang" referring to the codename for big launch themes like Chima.)

And to be honest, if minidoll characters are going to show up in Dimensions, I think Elves is a lot more likely to show up than Friends, for the same reason Ninjago characters have showed up rather than City characters. But if Friends do show up, then good. It would be rather interesting to see if they sold well and how people would respond to them...

Thanx for clarify :classic: . But generally, I think the lack of LEGO's own franchise in the first installment would be more about existed themes rather than newly introduced themes, although the newly introduced licenses proves that LEGO doesn't really follow that rule. In Friends case, they've been established almost as long as Ninjago characters, that pretty much explains why the Friends characters would be competent for this game as well. I'd also like to see Elves' entry, though there's not too much to tell in the first wave so far, same for some othe possible future action themes.

No specific reason shows that minidolls have to involve, though just in the game aspect, the game does allow multiple kinds of figures. I'd rather wonder if BIONICLE and Mixels' entries would be ensured. :sceptic:

As for LEGO City, suppose that we refer to Undercover, again, the game map would be a problem since the whole LEGO City map was almost ultilized in that game and doing it again in Dimensions would lack some freshness. Characters-only packs would be the only solution.

Edited by Dorayaki

I am still struggling.. I want some of those minfigures badly... and I do not actually own a console... which really deters me from owning one. I am tempted just to buy some of the Starter or Expansion packs for those minifigures which I do not have. It is a pity that the playing concept can't be supported using PC to integrate the playability. I am not keen to acquire or play console games since PlayStation 1 era. In short, I am quite a dinosaur... and only play with compter games of a much older generation such as Civ 2 and Heroes III.

Oh well...